It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY ARE YOU AT ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well, gee whiz. I like ATS because I'm an information junkie.

However, I have to say that I avoid the religion threads because most of the threads end up exactly like this one....with an over-zealous Christian demanding that everybody must believe as he does, and if they don't, they're sinners with a one-way ticket straight to hell.

I was raised strictly Christian. Although there are a lot of beautiful things in the bible, as a thinking adult I have come to the conclusion that I do not believe that Jesus was the Son of God, anymore than the rest of us are. He was probably an amazing guy, no doubt....but the virgin birth story, the large chunk of time missing between his childhood and age 30-ish, the fact that supposedly he wasn't married or engaged in any sort of life like everybody else, and the rising from the dead after three days.....after much thought, it rings false to me. I simply do not believe it. Therefore, I cannot call myself a Christian anymore. Very tough admission living as I do in the buckle of the bible belt.

However, I do believe there is a higher power, and life after death. I am not convinced that one religion that man has created can lead us to God any more than any of the others. In fact, in my old age I have come to abhor religion. It is the cause of way too many wars, death, etc., and it is the inflexible nature of "believe or die" that is at the root of it all.

Therefore, in your eyes, I am a sinner, and you must not associate with me. You must shun me because I do not believe as you do. And I'm okay with that.

As I told a Jehovah's Witness who told me I was going to hell, "Well, if heaven is filled with people such as yourself, I'd rather go to hell. Thanks anyway."

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

FissionSurplus
As I told a Jehovah's Witness who told me I was going to hell, "Well, if heaven is filled with people such as yourself, I'd rather go to hell. Thanks anyway."

JW's don't believe in Hell.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

intrepid

Fraudfinder
I read the bible or study from it daily? do you?

I did. I was raised JW. I read at least 4 chapters a day. Consecutively, not cherry picked parts. For 25 years.

You probably did not read it through and if you did I bet you were lost.

You're telling me about myself? You've got to be kidding me.

What are you looking for? A reason to remove my thread? Shut it down? Go ahead if you want to.

Bad ploy may friend. Martyrs are for the middle ages.

You have rejected the message so why hang around?

Yours is the only message worthy? THAT didn't work so well for the general populous during the Dark Ages. You know, where the religious elite kept knowledge to themselves? If the average Joe had had that knowledge religion would have been dead over 1000 years ago.

Please do not penalize me for large quotes.

I studied with Jehovah Witnesses for two years and after hundreds of hours discussing the bible with them a few have walked away after finding the truth including an elder.

My brother is a JW Elder (he stepped down after his son died) and he lost his son at 30 years old, just married with six month old son. This happened on Valentines Day in 2011. Why? False teachings. My nephew died because he was taught by JW that blood transfusions are wrong. So now he is dead and he will never get to know his son. JW teachings are dangerous. Take that JW bible and use it to heat your home. It ois so full of false teachings.......where to begin?

My message has been repeated billions of times, some times false by false teachers like Jehovah Witnesses.... like you did for 25 years.

I know the same as you maybe more about JW than you. Dealing with JW and exJW is tough but doable.

I can easily understand your hate for JW'S and religion and I hope you have corrected yourself and aligned yourself with the correct teachings? I hope so because there are MANY and I mean MANY false teachings of the JW.

There are many cults and sects out here and you have studied with one of them for 25 years. I hope you know by now that Jesus is God?

edit on 1-12-2013 by Fraudfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fraudfinder

Thanks for attacking the JW's. Proves an excellent point. Did I say I was a JW? No. I WAS a JW. That means a lot of Bible reading. I made my own decisions on what was written in that book. And the Qur'an. And the Gita.

Do you want to try another tack?

ETA: I haven't been a member of that cult(like all of Christianity) for over 25 years. 25. Keeps coming up. Could be I'm just in my 50's.

edit on 1-12-2013 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

FissionSurplus
Well, gee whiz. I like ATS because I'm an information junkie.

However, I have to say that I avoid the religion threads because most of the threads end up exactly like this one....with an over-zealous Christian demanding that everybody must believe as he does, and if they don't, they're sinners with a one-way ticket straight to hell.

I was raised strictly Christian. Although there are a lot of beautiful things in the bible, as a thinking adult I have come to the conclusion that I do not believe that Jesus was the Son of God, anymore than the rest of us are. He was probably an amazing guy, no doubt....but the virgin birth story, the large chunk of time missing between his childhood and age 30-ish, the fact that supposedly he wasn't married or engaged in any sort of life like everybody else, and the rising from the dead after three days.....after much thought, it rings false to me. I simply do not believe it. Therefore, I cannot call myself a Christian anymore. Very tough admission living as I do in the buckle of the bible belt.

However, I do believe there is a higher power, and life after death. I am not convinced that one religion that man has created can lead us to God any more than any of the others. In fact, in my old age I have come to abhor religion. It is the cause of way too many wars, death, etc., and it is the inflexible nature of "believe or die" that is at the root of it all.

Therefore, in your eyes, I am a sinner, and you must not associate with me. You must shun me because I do not believe as you do. And I'm okay with that.

You never were a Christian, you thought you were but as you say you are not a Christian.

Enough said.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

intrepid

Thanks for attacking the JW's. Proves an excellent point. Did I say I was a JW? No. I WAS a JW. That means a lot of Bible reading. I made my own decisions on what was written in that book. And the Qur'an. And the Gita.

Do you want to try another tack?

ETA: I haven't been a member of that cult(like all of Christianity) for over 25 years. 25. Keeps coming up. Could be I'm just in my 50's.

edit on 1-12-2013 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

You say you were raised as a JW didn't you? I didn't. Now you say you were not. Can you be more confusing?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

intrepid

FissionSurplus

Because they don't believe they have a spirit inside them.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The koran is the same bs as the bible.
Both religions won't be excisting in the future.

that is my opinion. Religion does nothing but divide the people!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Fraudfinder
You say you were raised as a JW didn't you? I didn't. Now you say you were not. Can you be more confusing?

Sorry. I forgot some religious people need finger puppets to explain things. I'll try harder:

Did I say I AM a JW? No, I WAS. Better?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Fraudfinder

intrepid

FissionSurplus

So you were raised JW too? If not where did you come up with that?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

intrepid

Fraudfinder

intrepid

FissionSurplus

Like I said I studied with them for for over two years - three times a week including church services AND the fact that my brother has been one for 30 years.

I too have read the bible for more than 40 years maybe I too am over 50?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

intrepid

Fraudfinder

Sorry. I forgot some religious people need finger puppets to explain things. I'll try harder:

Did I say I AM a JW? No, I WAS. Better?

And you were one for how long? 25 years?

Am I understanding you now?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

intrepid

Fraudfinder

intrepid

FissionSurplus

NEVER was I a JW.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Fraudfinder

You may be Moloch. Or Dionysus. Or Sauron for that matter. What's your point?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Fraudfinder

intrepid

Fraudfinder

intrepid

FissionSurplus

NEVER was I a JW.

But you still speak for them. Or your perception of them. Sad.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

intrepid

Fraudfinder

You may be Moloch. Or Dionysus. Or Sauron for that matter. What's your point?

So calling me names is the job of a SUPER MOD?

I bet if I did that to you ........ my entire thread would have been shut down. I guess I struck a nerve, huh?

Now that I have had a chance to get you to know you a little better, I truly hope you have not turned against God the father, the son and the Holy Spirit. Have you?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

intrepid

Fraudfinder

intrepid

Fraudfinder

intrepid

FissionSurplus

NEVER was I a JW.

But you still speak for them. Or your perception of them. Sad.

It is important that everyone know how dangerous the JW sect really is.

Did you walk away on your own or were you disfellowshiped?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I come on ATS on behalf of my own freewill because that's what the government wants me to think.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Fraudfinder
What is expected from a Christian when the sinner rejects Christ or the teachings of the bible?

I'm an atheist. Have been for a long time.

Right away, you see fit to extend a severe blanket insult in the direction of people like me. Why then should I even bother engaging with you?

You cannot even conceive of holding back from automatically insulting those who do not believe as you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join