It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY ARE YOU AT ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Fraudfinder
So calling me names is the job of a SUPER MOD?

You opened the thread to such by beginning with an opening post that insulted anyone who doesn't believe as you.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
To get twenty posts and start building my soap box

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fraudfinder

This is my one and only post in this thread because :-

In your eyes 'I am a sinner' ... but hey ... who are you to judge me?

Love thy neighbour may not be *no 1 commandment but 1 John 4: 20-21

>>> If anyone says "I love God" and hates his brother, he is a liar, for he who

does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not

seen. And this commandment we have from him.

You say 'Quote' That's right .... be righteous

That you certainly are ... very full of self righteousness

And again 'Quote' I consider myself to be tolerant

Your post say's otherwise .......

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Let's see now...

Joins ATS.
Passes the post requirement.
Starts a thread.
Insults the Mods.
Gets kicked from the site.
Well...that's one way to go.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Eryiedes
Let's see now...

Joins ATS.
Starts a thread.
Insults the Mods.

-Peace-

That was my first thought but they were registered in 2006. Because I was wondering

why, having been here so long they were committing ATS suicide!!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Let's see now...
Joins ATS.
Starts a thread.
Insults the Mods.

-Peace-

I'm almost disappointed. Tried to post in one of his other rant threads but it got 404'd before I could even hit the reply button.

That actually forced the first bark of laughter I've had in a while. Well done indeed!
edit on 061pm1919pm62013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What I"m here for .... to help pass the time while I"m stuck home chronically ill.

What I'm NOT here for ... to hear self righteous judgmental 'christians' tell me that I'm not a real Christian because I believe in God differently than they do.

What I"m really happy about .... the outcome of this thread. I'm glad to see the moderators are taking care of business. It was getting tiresome hearing the 'you aren't a real christian' crap on multiple threads from the OP ..

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Fraudfinder
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

My apologies if you think I am screaming..... I am not......just making a point.

I am not here to please anyone. I don't follow after men.

Charles52 does a wonderful job explaining himself as a Christian but I am not Charles52. I am Fraudfinder, searching the lies and deceit and trying to set the record straight.

As many of you are to make friends on a computer I am here to wake people up. Sometimes it requires someone to be direct and to the point without putting sugar on it.

How do I know? From the PM I get from people asking for help.

So I must be doing something right.

God gave you a brain, start using it instead of regurgitating bs from a basterdized version of politically biased propaganda via "the church of kiss my ring".

Stop being a pawn for homophobic gay pedophiles and think for yourself for a change will you please. This is a request from Christ himself!
edit on 1-12-2013 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
WHY ARE YOU AT ATS?

I mostly log on to see how warped minds can be...

Å99

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sorry to hear you are ill. Good luck, keep a strong mind and stretch and move about as often as possible.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'm here for the Jon Cotner is Elvis discussions.

Okay, the best reason I'm here is that ATS posters will examine UFO photos the best of any forum, and weed out the fakes in record time. I got the equivalent of a Masters Degree here in UFO photo analysis.
edit on 2-12-2013 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Yaaaaawwwwnnn .. thrilling the rambling of yet another self-appointed guardian of the "truth" attempting to force their narrowminded .. limited view on everyone ...

As to why am on a.t.s - to keep up with whats going on around the world .. along with occasionally get a laugh .. mostly end up needing another beer shaking my head at seeing the rising levels of idiocy in the world..

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I am here because this site offers several services which are, in my experience unique, and are certainly unique in combination with one another.

First of all, this place has become a hub, through which all news eventually flows. I believe it is my duty as a human being, to keep myself aware of current affairs, both relating to living my life here in the UK, and to the way that other human beings in other locations are living their lives, all over the planet. Doing so prevents me from falling into the trap of nationalism and sensationalism, like so many of my fellow Britons (read: readers of The Sun and so on). By being a place where one can access reportage from all over the world, on all manner of topics, this site offers me the opportunity to compare the way stories are reported in different locations. For example, when a political crisis between two world powers begins or spikes, one can use this site to compare the reportage from both the key player nations, and the nations which orbit the issue, either by way of having treaty or land border with any key player nation.

All sides of an issue, can in this way be explored and understood, and by doing this, by taking the time to look past the political bias of the publications involved, a more worldly view can be taken of any given topic. This is healthy, because it promotes critical thinking and honest self examination, and allows a person to sift out the propaganda from both sides of a dispute, military action, and so on and so forth.

The other thing that keeps me coming back here, is not just the access to reportage, but access to raw information. People here post threads on cutting edge physics and material science, biology, astrophysics, quantum mechanics, and a great host of other inspiring and interesting topics. People here post on these subjects with passion (if not always with the greatest attention to accuracy
) and I have never found another place on the internet, or in life, where so many people were so damned enthusiastic about science and technology, as some posts on these matters would attest to. I love the attitude of the members who post threads and raw data with excitement on these matters, and apart from anything else, I love that there are members here who are prepared to debate these issues in open forum. The fact is, that until I came across this site, I was undernourished in terms of my access to data and discussion on these topics, and they are topics in which I have a deep and abiding interest, and have had since I was very young.

In the time between my first wondering glimpse of the cosmos, and coming across this site however, I was in a position where I was the ONLY person in my immediate circle, who wanted to even think about these matters, let alone talk about them. Having an outlet for those interests has been life affirming, vindicating, and has probably saved my sanity more times than I can count. It is extremely difficult to describe the pressure that builds in ones head, when one is starkly aware that one is alone in ones capacity to consider concepts beyond the realm of the day to day, and until I found this website, I pretty much was. That was horrible. This site has provided me with not only the ability to relieve that pressure, but to learn from people who are as passionate about science and learning, as I am, if not more so! I will never be able to express the full measure of my gratitude toward the ownership, administrators, and members for providing such a rich environment. The best I can do is to try and benefit from it as much as is humanly possible, and not squander the opportunity to learn that this place has given me.

There is one final thing I would like to mention, that keeps me coming back. My fellow members. Some of you guys are clearly insane. Some of you are autistic, others are geniuses, and yet others are for want of a better word, idiots. Some of you folks share attributes of all of the above! I find myself agreeing with some of you, and disagreeing with others. And you know what? It does not matter, because I love every single one of you. Each and every member in this place adds a little something to the greater whole, and I love this place, and by extension every person who has ever committed their thinking to the boards. This place just would not be the same, absent any single one of us, and I am of the opinion that membership of this site, howsoever come by, marks every one of us as just a little different, to everyone outside the membership. We are a people prepared to embrace and explore concepts that many would totally discard without even a moments thought or consideration. We are people prepared to look ourselves in the face and question our own motivations. We are ATS, and I love what we are together as people, and every person individually who makes it possible.

I am so incredibly grateful for every creative, caring, brutal, insightful, berserk, insane, calculating, gorgeous, ugly one of you people, and your contributions to this place. See above all, this is a community of thought, and those are, when you boil it all down, my two favorite things. The voyage of thought, and the feeling of being a part of something greater than myself.

These are the reasons that I come back here, hour after hour, and day after day. I have done since 2007, and I will continue to do so as long as I have the capacity, and the site continues to run.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Wow.

Anyway, since you ask, I come here for info you can't find elsewhere. The people here tend to research more from what I can see. I have bookmarked many links that I have only seen here.

ATS is a website that would naturally draw skeptics. People that don't accept what the mainstream media reports. I would expect the same mindset would be skeptical when it comes to religion or beliefs. I don't follow a god or theology. I have no use for either. There is plenty in the natural world to behold, so spending time dissecting ancient text and attempting to apply it to the world today via the supernatural makes no sense to me.

I DO NOT come here to read bible verses or wonder about resurrection and immortality. I'm fairly certain there are websites where people that agree on these things can share. I wouldn't go there and start spouting off my personal opinions on people's beliefs. It's when beliefs are forced down our throats in a public forum, or when "religious" people think they need special consideration, tax exemption, or to be legally acknowledged in a court of law where my BS meter is tripped.

Keep your beliefs and proselytizing out of my paycheck, and the same goes for politicians using religion as a platform for social reform. Not interested.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
To speak truth to "power" (the only REAL power is empowerING) and as needed hold "their" feet to the fire, for a bit, or long enough to get the job done whereby it may be said that "that which hurts, instructs" (Benjamin Franklin).

You may think this silly, paranoid, narcissistic or solipsistic or just plain paranoid, on my part, but I know damn well that "they" pay attention. So does S.O. and Springer.

Participated in another forum at one time years ago as a 9/11 researcher, and we had every government agency and their uncle visiting where the site/forum owner like to observe who was reading by snagging their ip addresses.

You won't believe who was reading..

Check it out! 50 pages of VIP ip's (although many were visitors from those organizations, not neccessarily the top dogs)

I can't find the pic/snapshot we had - but included in the list, aside from the Vatican was the Exec Office of the POTUS across the street from the White House.

###SNIPPED##

What we do and say in places like this gets noticed, and I'm not just talking about the 100,000 members of ATS.

Keep that in mind when you're wanting to make a difference and have a positive impact on our world.

It's not all just fun and games. People are influenced and impacted by the things we post here and at places like this.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 6-12-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Dec 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because:

15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents).

edit on Fri Dec 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I'm here because:
1 I can't get disconnected from it.
2 it's to damn addictive.
3 I've been introduced here " thanks internos I need to go into rehab if I ever want to leave rhis place"
4 I can't discuss items within my phisical community I like to discuss about.
5 I like to be around people who are in higher awareness as many that surrounding physical world.
6 I can be heard if I want to.
7 I like to write sometimes
8 find recognition among people writing.
9 I can go on forever on this..
10 peace....

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm here because there are so many smart people to learn from. I can also learn from those not possessed of cogitative prowess. People here tend to be far more inquisitive and critically-minded and don't just let the MSM spoon feed everyone without questioning. I love that part of ATS. Many here are looking at the bigger picture, trying to understand the methods and motivations of those who create events that shape our world.

Like many here I'm disabled and ATS gives me a sense of community and keeps me in touch with the world.
It's hard to put a price on something that important and I can say in all honesty I'm glad to be a part of this community and able to make some small contribution back by participating as a staff member.

Thanks Everyone!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I did what I said was going to do in a thread I wrote over 4 years ago. I totally ripped cable out of my house, and have only Internet. I am done with the piped in MSM, and only go to Fox or CNN when I really absolutely need to know something that I cannot find on ATS, which is close to never.

My media entertainment comes from a Netflix subscription, and I basically can find anything else I want to watch by using Internet "tools". ATS , which can be entertaining, is not considered by me entertainment per se. It is an essential conduit into what is going on in the world. I stay away from stupid rant threads, and even leave good content threads if those that like to fight with each other start taking them over.

People should be responsible for the content they allow in their homes. Without ATS, and a set of personal filters for the kinds of things I want to know about and contribute to, this would be a much different world for me. Long live ATS.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

K, you know what hombre ? I follow Christ and I understand why
atheists hang out in the religious fourms in a completely different way from
you. Those forums wouldn't be worth while with out them. And I see it as a
weakness on your part to complain about that.

What is expected from a Christian when the sinner rejects Christ or the teachings of the bible? Once the sinner makes it clear that he/she wants nothing to do with the bible or with Jesus then we walk away and leave that person. We do NOT contact them or hang out with them or become involved with that person in anyway. Why? Simple….we are to reject sin and all those who willfully practice sinful practices. We are to separate ourselves from sinners. We are to be righteous in the eyes of our Lord.

And who expects this ? Not God ! Not in my view. The only way you are
going to win anyone for Christ, which is exactly what you are supposed
to be doing, is to be in the trenches. But if your faith in Christ isn't
ready for it that's ok. Mine is and I've been told personally my friend, I've
had an impact here. And for me that's the most important thing under
the SON.

Our Father in Heaven wants no one to parish. You need to remember that.
edit on 6-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

intrepid

Fraudfinder
Have you read the Koran? I have and it is a book full of hate and lies.

You DO know that Christ is a prophet in Islam, right?

You do realize Islam arrived late on the scene -- 600+ years AFTER Christ -- right?

You DO realize Christ made it clear only FALSE prophets would arise AFTER him, RIGHT?

But yeah, you can still be saved by the Messiah (Yeshua) whom God sent, even if you're a Muslim who denies EVERYTHING Christ did. Jesus CLEARLY said he: "came to SAVE that which is lost." SO... if the shoe fits.

If our "works" get us saved, then God wouldn't have sent a MESSIAH.

edit on 6-12-2013 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join