It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ison: Was it hidden from us?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Again, the Sun is unreal. It shows the technology we have that is available.

Maybe we didnt want someone to actually see what ISON is doing for some reason. I dont know, I think Scientists really want to share information, but in the age we live in would we want to share this with China??

Even though Russia was the first to identify this Comet do they have the tech to observe it this much??

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by Nootropic

No I don't think the entire organisation was in on it, I don't think anyone was in on it.

During the live feed, they had two of the leading scientists what built and work with the SDO commentating.

If anyone was going to know if something was up with the feed, it would be them and they showed no signs of being in on it, rather they showed signs of slight embarrassment and disappointment due to the comet not showing up.

Like I just said, Lovejoy showed up wonderfully and they were expecting the same thing to happen for ISON.

So why ISON and not Lovejoy?

Of course not, no chance anyone could have decided to build in some ways of messing up the feeds or the sensors being altered in ANY way,

Nah, they spend billions of dollars just so a few guys can be completely true and honest to themselves and the world about things in space that have only been ASTRONOMICALLY important to the rulers of every age.

You are right man, that could NEVER happen.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Logman
So why is NASA holding back information and spreading disinformation? What's the point, what's the gameplan?

Why do religions exist ?

Why do people ask ridiculous questions ?

Why do most have ZERO imagination ?

Answer: Because it is easier to control and shape energy than have an all-seeing public.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ok, I understand what you meant now, it came across to me as an intellect issue more than manners

My apologies

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Nasa, the people who recolor pictures of Mars, for what reason exactly? Oh yeah, only one reason: to misinform.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

Did the agencies know abt ISON way back in 2008 itself. Is this the reason why QE was done, so that the elite and enjoy the last days on this planet. Also look at the number of volcanoes and 6+ earthquakes going off. Its like the earth is getting ready for some action. Has any one computed the new path of ISON, after its journey close to the Sun.
Or is an alien civilization using a big rock as a missile, before it invades earth. And NASA already knows about it.
Think about it, take a 300 mile rock, time is so well, that it loops around the sun, to gather velocity, and bangs the earth. Our Satellites and other primary defence systems are out. And the aliens can land without any hinderance. Also, is the alien visit another reason for, disarming the citizens.

edit on 30-11-2013 by diabloman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I'm looking at the site right now, and I have to admit, I'm confused.... where is ISON? Why is there no close up footage of it approaching the Sun, and why are the video's all still images looped repeatedly?

cometison.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Guys I highly recommend you visit this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We discuss at great length the theories that have been put forward so far as to why ISON didn't show up on the SDO camera as expected. Including a link to the SDO site where they have posted an article with their own theories as to why it didn't show up.

ISON did show up on SOHO, and there are some great pictures of it. I'm not seeing any repeated (ie looped) images, and I'm seeing a clear path followed around the sun.

Yes, it is interesting that ISON didn't show up on SDO as expected. But people need to remember that SDO is not just like a normal digital camera capturing visible light and creating an image that corresponds to what we would see with our own eyes. The SDO equipment looks at very specific wavelengths of light, and was tuned to the wavelength that we would expect to see ISON at (based on the usual composition of comets).

Just because we didn't see it on the SDO camera doesn't mean it was 'hidden' from us.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Kaiyuss
Nasa, the people who recolor pictures of Mars...

Give an example.
Any example at all, where a visible light RBG color image of Mars was "recolored", and not clearly stated in the caption that it was just for artistic reasons.
ie: Any example at all that holds up a conspiratorial scenario of active deception.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
i was watching it live also,and thought it was alll a bit strange,
and posted this
and phage said it was dead....i did not however..

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

cantsee4looking

Exactly where did he say it was dead?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

That's the Sun's gravity 'slingshotting' Ison.

Haven't you seen Star Trek IV ?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by 1Providence1

I can't understand why some people think you can make a
video with a scientific intellectual topic like astronomy or any
science.

And talk like some street thug gutter trash at the same time
Take a cluer people, the two do not go together.

If you want to make Nasa look bad you won't do it
with shi tung.

My two centavos
edit on 29-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

he's just keepin it real. I can't stand and don't trust phoney people. The op's point would stand whether he spoke to your moral satisfaction or not.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

hellobruce

cantsee4looking

Exactly where did he say it was dead?

another one of those Phagettes employing the standard method of muddying the subjects with insignificant minutiae.

this is what he said: "Since there is no coma and the "tail" is significantly less than it was before perihelion, pretty much.
I think it's just a cloud of fragments now. "

and he said this: "In this case the "may" is not a "maybe", it's more of an "even though".
Even though the comet fell apart, the remains continue in orbit. "

So, hellobruce where to now? What the hell was your point in asking that inane question?

edit on 30-11-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

1Providence1
Check out this video. The guy suspects that we were shown looping images during the pass by, not showing us the finer details of the comet in the SOHO, SDO cameras.

My friend showed this to me:

What do you guys think?

I don't really know much about any of this but if you look at this video from 4:46 to 4:49 you can see some movement. The sun is rotated a little as the video restarts. Don't really know what to make of that but more than one screen grab is being used over and over as you can clearly see this movement at the time I pointed out in the video. Doesn't mean it's still not BS, cause again I really have no idea how much the sun should change in this type of hour long video.

But I'd think over an hours time you would see those ejections changing shape a bit. But I could be completely wrong. Also I haven't been following the whole "ISON story" so make of this what you will. Just something I noticed.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I think the question and answer are both inane.

Who cares if Phage may or may it have been wrong, it was a guess, not a fact.

It really isn't the subject of this thread..

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

If I remember correctly, they said during the hangout that the imaging sensors on DSO are not rigged to detect visble light. The sensors are tuned to detect oxygen, so if ISON was not emitting oxygen in the tail, or if the oxygen was evaporated by being so close to the sun, this would explain why the remains of the comet was not detected by DSO.

SOHO detectors are tuned to wavelengths closer to visable light, so that would explain why the full path of the comet was detected by LASCO.

Still, I haven't seen an official explanation from the DSO project team.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

The op's point would stand whether he spoke to your moral satisfaction or not.

You are so right.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

gortex
reply to post by LightSource

Even a person on this forum who many people always want to answer their questions said it was gone. Why so fast?

From what I understand he was right most of it has gone but it's believed there is a chunk left which is thought to be the core .

edit on 29-11-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)
actually he said it was a handful of debris before he had any evidence to back up his claim. he did exactly what he holds others accountable for. he went against one of his stalwart defenses of objectivity and found himself out on a limb yet will never admit his mistake. That's what I don't respect about Him.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Actually, no it wouldn't, it's been shown in this thread that the accusations are false.

Plus this:

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join