It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ison: Was it hidden from us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Check out this video. The guy suspects that we were shown looping images during the pass by, not showing us the finer details of the comet in the SOHO, SDO cameras.

My friend showed this to me:

What do you guys think?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

WOW! thats right, 1 hour and nothing in the image..very strange, and the video show ison plug in the sun, then come out on different path..looks weird...
Lets see this one..you can count the speed when Ison almost Like Touch the sun and when it get into it, and how many time need to get out..and when Ison aproaching the sun lot of sun flare ther, but when ison very dive in the sun nothing happen to sun..

nice catch! SnF
edit on 29-11-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I noticed when i was watching the live feed from NASA, not only did we not see Ison fly by, but we seen the same solar flare throughout the feed.
But it did seem strange, no difference in the sun's behaviour
edit on 29/11/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Looks like still images, and not a video at all. Except for the counters.

Highly Strange.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I can't understand why some people think you can make a
video with a scientific intellectual topic like astronomy or any
science.

And talk like some street thug gutter trash at the same time
Take a cluer people, the two do not go together.

If you want to make Nasa look bad you won't do it
with shi tung.

My two centavos
edit on 29-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I watched the live feed on Google+ from beginning to end, and with the High Res feed of the Sun (amazing by the way) it didnt move one bit. Nothing moved and I sat there thinking "wouldn't something move" within that time frame?

Also, it seems after NASA finished there feed there servers went down as well and the live feeds from the Satellites went down.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

cheesy

WOW! thats right, 1 hour and nothing in the image..very strange, and the video show ison plug in the sun, then come out on different path..looks weird...
Lets see this one..you can count the speed when Ison almost Like Touch the sun and when it get into it, and how many time need to get out..and when Ison aproaching the sun lot of sun flare ther, but when ison very dive in the sun nothing happen to sun..

nice catch! SnF

I'd like to take the credit, but my friend showed me, ty tho.

I was closely monitoring all of our resources regarding the comet yesterday, and despite many threads here, and other articles suggesting it had disintegrated, I had a gut feeling it was still in tact, at least some of it.

This is definitely turning out to be an interesting situation.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

hoochymama23
I watched the live feed on Google+ from beginning to end, and with the High Res feed of the Sun (amazing by the way) it didnt move one bit. Nothing moved and I sat there thinking "wouldn't something move" within that time frame?

Also, it seems after NASA finished there feed there servers went down as well and the live feeds from the Satellites went down.

Another poster above describes the same thing. Were we fed a looping video to prevent us from seeing the greater details of this comet, or any possible interaction with the Sun? I'd go with the first one, but this is just strange as it stands.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

randyvs

science.

with shi tung.

My two centavos
edit on 29-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

You lost me there. There is a whole long NASA 'take the piss' video with the same picture/s of absolutely Zilch, with the guys and gals going off to thanksgiving at the end. All well and good eh?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I completely see and support what he is saying, here's another take on it. ]

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

cheesy

when Ison aproaching the sun lot of sun flare ther, but when ison very dive in the sun nothing happen to sun..

nice catch! SnF

Yes it is something that NASA has made some comment on in other comets that did go into the sun, or grazed it, perhaps because it did look anomolous to many, and generally put down to coincidence, no real hard stuff, more like PR.
Anyway, I've learned a lot over yesterday and today. Good Luck Cheesy.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What I find interesting is that everyone was so quick to say it was gone/dead so fast. Even a person on this forum who many people always want to answer their questions said it was gone. Why so fast? Also if NASA was not showing us the true feed why? So many questions but the only answer I have is, don't trust them. How many times do we have to "trust" anyone in the media/news/NASA/government before we get it.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

edit on 29-11-2013 by LightSource because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSource

Even a person on this forum who many people always want to answer their questions said it was gone. Why so fast?

From what I understand he was right most of it has gone but it's believed there is a chunk left which is thought to be the core .

edit on 29-11-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If you read the SOHO/LASCO notes, they even said that they were having server problems. This caused alot of re-directs to a URL that was having DNS trouble. (The direct IP worked flawlessly). Additionally, there are delays when the satellite winds up in a radio telemetry dead zone. Everything is still working on the Sat, but they get what is missing time late. NASA hid nothing, eventually every bit of data came out and got published, and yes.... ISON lives, as is proven by what we are seeing now.
edit on 29-11-2013 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

So where's the footage of it circling the sun?

Furthermore, server issues? What an easy way to patch up a half baked deception.
edit on 29-11-2013 by Nootropic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Why would they hide ISON from us?

Comet Lovejoy was visible on SDO when it passed by the sun and then, when the very next sun grazer comes along (ISON), they start advertising that they will have a live feed of SDO to hopefully watch the comet pass the sun in near real time, only to hide it from us.

Doesn't make ANY sense.

Fact is, it didn't show up and they were rather disappointed about it, you'd know that too if you watched the live feed.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

AlphaHawk

Why would they hide ISON from us?

Comet Lovejoy was visible on SDO when it passed by the sun and then, when the very next sun grazer comes along (ISON), they start advertising that they will have a live feed of SDO to hopefully watch the comet pass the sun in near real time, only to hide it from us.

Doesn't make ANY sense.

Fact is, it didn't show up and they were rather disappointed about it, you'd know that too if you watched the live feed.

You think the entire organization is in on it? There's no way that would hold up. People actually working in NASA are just people like us man. Just following the herd.

I think a small group of people were in charge of setting up the fake SDO site and monitoring what actually happened.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

What is tragic, is not so much the fact that sudo public owned equipment is cleansed of pertinent data,but rather that people are surprised. ATS is devoted to seeing beyond the vale, and there will always be the antagonistic troll types who will support the party line, but most of us by now should expect some degree of tampering in any imagery or data received from government sources. It is no different from those who look to USGS for accurate earthquake data, or noaa for buoy data in active zones, or the haarp spectrograph to see if anything is unusual.

Pure science is just that, pure. Any data derived from an internet source should always be considered suspect. Unfortunately, without the tools provided, we are unable to even get a glimmer of understanding of what is truly going on. In this case, at least we were lucky to see the show. And wow, what a show. Aside from that, what we are being spoon fed is merely entertainment. Accurate telemetry, dimentions, mass, on this or any other celetial body will have to remain a mystery to us sheeple until we can intercept the incoming satellite data directly.

AX
FTNWO

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nootropic

No I don't think the entire organisation was in on it, I don't think anyone was in on it.

During the live feed, they had two of the leading scientists what built and work with the SDO commentating.

If anyone was going to know if something was up with the feed, it would be them and they showed no signs of being in on it, rather they showed signs of slight embarrassment and disappointment due to the comet not showing up.

Like I just said, Lovejoy showed up wonderfully and they were expecting the same thing to happen for ISON.

So why ISON and not Lovejoy?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

randyvs

science.

with shi tung.

Yeah, you're absolutely right, I mean, people who talk like that were never gifted with a functioning rational brain, they should stay quiet and not comment on stuff suitable only for the experts with labels.

By the way, it takes no effort at all to make NASA look bad, they doing a marvelous job all by themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join