It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angola Bans Islam - Destroys Mosques

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Interesting I shall have to read more about that. Strange that the KGB may be at the back of it yet again as I recall another thread which states the KGB were also responsible in part at least for the politcally correct agenda spreading around the west. Hmmmm

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

With information, respect and love.

I always hate the argument of, I'll show them respect if they show me respect, because they're probably saying the same thing. The bigger, better and wiser side will be the first to show some respect. How can they believe propaganda about us hating them and trying to convert them all if we only show love and respect? Break the spell by not throwing all this hatred at them, hatred only leads to one path and that is suffering for all involved. Love and forgiveness is the only path to peace and ultimately happiness.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
So with the increase of Christian crime against Muslims in the US should Christianity be banned in the US or is that only apply to Islam?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I live in the UK, and in an area with a high muslim population, there are no Sharia run areas, it's a load of rubbish.
The fact is most muslims live quite happily alongside other poeple here.
The bare fact is what Angola is doing is religious persecution, and no civilised society practises religious persecution.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Christianity should be banned too, especially hardcore Westboro Baptist...

Those people are frauds and I am not the only one that thinks so.

I believe you. Aaaaand.......

These people are fraud AND I am not the only one that think so too love...

Do you get my point?
edit on 25-11-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

phyllida
reply to post by InhaleExhale

No dear its not a disease its called an opinion and that opinion is based on experience and at this moment in time I still have a right to hold that opinion and for your information I don't hate but I certainly dislike

So you think hatred is only an opinion?

So opinions are the issue then, everyone should shut up then.

Its the hatred bred into us or that which we find ourselves that creates the violence that hurts almost all of us on one level or another.

Yeah look at hatred as opinion and it will always be there for sickos to use,

Look at it as a disease of humanity and maybe one day we will find a cure. unlikely but one can dream.

Sorry for my tone and saying you suffer from a disease if you don't hate,

I just have a passion for fighting hatred as I have come to know it all to well and see it for what it is.

My conflict is I hate hatred.

My solution inject as much love as possible into my existence and the things I touch and influence.

Its hard with so much hatred surrounding us, whether its an illusion (media hyping up clashes between religious groups to influence thinking a certain way) or whether the hatred is real,

I feel as though its real (the hatred) but has come from a deception. ( western media and entertainment since the late 70s has had an agenda to make Islam seem like a terrorist cult)
People have real hate in their hearts for other because of speculated occurrences said to be done by a certain group.

A very delicate subject, that can get emotions going.

Sorry again, Your opinion is just as valid as mine no matter how much I might disagree with it.

edit on 25-11-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Most people I know and have spoken to about this issue with UK Muslims don't hate either...they simply haven't the energy anymore, many feel we have no voice so simply keep quiet as only the minorities are heard. Basically folk feel ground down with indoctrination, political correctness and fear

Everyone has an opinion its just no-one now dare express one for fear of insulting someone somewhere somehow!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Yes vast majority. The reason? Its part of their religion to hate all non-believers. It is in their own Holy Book which they follow to the letter. Dear God they even hate other sects of Muslims so what chance do we have?? Oh they can pretend to be all friendly and love their white christian neighbours but you won't be invited round for tea and if the local Mullah found out he wouldn't be happy and they would run the risk of being outcast from their community. Notice I said their community....that's because they aren't part of our community as they have set themselves apart purposefully to avoid any influence from us nasty heathen Westerners.

How can THAT thinking be combatted? Where's the tolerance there?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

lol that idiot deserves to get slapped...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

undo
reply to post by MrSpad

that place must be a trip. sorta reminds me of the stories of china's laws regarding religion. your holy texts can't have anything subversive in them, according to chinese thought of what is and isn't subversive. bibles are edited, and ideas, words and thoughts removed that might encourage believers to rise up against the government. even the pastors and priests, are officially approved, and have officially approved sermons and services. you can't have a bible study at home, and no church services at home. if you're caught doing this, you go to prison.

same idea?

They do not edit anything and you can get away with saying things that might not reflect the Angolan Gov in best light but. if you grease the right palms you can get a pass. Its sort of the way things work in large parts of Africa, the bribe can solve most problems. The Muslims build some mosques and nobody says anything because they have made some deals. The Evangelicals build some churches and nobody says anything because the have made some deals. And so it goes until gets out of control and illegal churches out number legal ones and then a crack down comes. Everybody is kicked out and then the entire process starts all over again. It does not draw much attention because everybody knows how its works. It is an odd way to run things but, people seem know how to work it.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If what Angola is doing is okay, then it would also be okay for any country to ban Christianity or Judaism and tear down any churchs or synagogues. Right?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

it can't be combated, at least, not and do so within the confines of each person's natural right to self determination. that's why this whole thing is so bizarre. the european leaders knew this beforehand. they knew that islam is not just a religion, that its an entire way of life, right down to having its own government. they knew it was nearly the anti-thesis to european secularism and they knew, that this would not be a peaceful choice they were making.

edit on 25-11-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

beezzer
I think everyone should be able to practice their faith as they seem fit, as long as it doesn't interfere with the rights of any others.

But what do I know. . . .

What some people see is right, others see it wrong. There is your way or my way. There is freedom of speech. There is also rules in every religion. If you follow these rules you are a good person. If you don't follow them, you are unworthy to the god of that religion. That is why there is hatred among different religious or "cult/islam" organizations for the following of these rules.

Take out the rules and have a one ground rule everyone must follow - that is not to hurt other people for their belief systems. If this ONE RULE is followed, you may have some peace in the world.

Until then, I am glad that Angola took steps to prevent potential hurt amongst its people.

S&F

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

It's sad that people need to make correlations into causation. I am absolutely against "banning" any religion as the history of my own path has been all but eliminated because of that sort of thinking (ironically from both Christians AND Muslims, hah).

What I think would work, instead, would be to treat each individual brick-and-mortar church as a separate institution. I feel for the Muslims who look upon terrorist acts with a knowing that it will cause hate towards them even if they are totally innocent. Why not just find the church (or mosque, temple, etc) they are active in, if any, and then treat that particular organization as an instrument in terror.

That's how we already deal with Christians in the states. Look at the Branch Davidian Christian group. The government eliminated them, specifically; not all Christians. We didn't ban Christianity after WW2 when Hitler's Christian Nazi bible study started throwing people into gas chambers. But when a Muslim does something, the entire religion becomes suspect. Why? Why not just their mosque?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think also that possibly Angola is right and they are probably doing it in response to the dreadful Nairobi mall shooting. Nip it in the bud as it were

To the poster who mentioned doing the same with Christian churches etc I would say probably yes they should do the same if those same christians were running around bombing hijacking and terrorising and it would be advisable to let such actions spread

Keep religion private..simple

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

you and i need to have a discussion! i've been doing some preliminary studies on druidism in the old testament and older texts from akkad and sumer. you are a druid, correct?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

phyllida

Yes vast majority. The reason? Its part of their religion to hate all non-believers. It is in their own Holy Book which they follow to the letter.

Show me where in the qu'ran does it say this? If a Muslim follows his or her holy book to the letter then they would do no human no harm, suppress no woman and protect nature and virtue. The problem is people using Islam to their own means, it's a man and woman's hatred and anger, not the other way round.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Islam a long history of killing infidels, which continues in many Islamic countries. This is not a quality that makes for good neighbors or a peaceful, productive country--unless everyone is Moslem.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Yes vast majority. The reason? Its part of their religion to hate all non-believers.

Islam?

Sorry no where in Islam are there any lessons in hatred that I am aware of,

Maybe you could point them out and not use the out of context ways of other ignorant that cant seem to understand that when cutting something into pieces and only giving one piece or a few pieces doesn't make the model complete or paint the full picture.

It is in their own Holy Book which they follow to the letter.

NO,

I read the Qua ran and I see much violence but the hatred you describe seems to allude me.

Notice I said their community....that's because they aren't part of our community as they have set themselves apart purposefully to avoid any influence from us nasty heathen Westerners.

Yeah I noticed and take back my apology from earlier as you seem very sick and the disease has taken over you.

Yeah its just your opinion and not a sickness, the same opinion "their" community has.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

InhaleExhale

[
Yeah I noticed and take back my apology from earlier as you seem very sick and the disease has taken over you.

Yeah its just your opinion and not a sickness, the same opinion "their" community has.

I always find it so weird that the ones who shout the loudest about Islam being full of hate, are usually full of it themselves.
edit on 25-11-2013 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join