It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angola Bans Islam - Destroys Mosques

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

CosmicDude
S&F
Finaly a country that do the same most Muslim countries do to other religions/ways of life.

edit on 24-11-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

Very sad as is this comment.

Painting with a very broad stroke, without understanding that a muslim is not as any other muslim.

Just like there are bloodthirsty, idiotic and terrorist christians (btw, who were responsible for >60% of terrorist attacks in Europe in 2008, if you believe the Interpol statistics), there are muslims of many creed.

Bigots can use any religion to impose their own limited world view.

It doesn't unite anybody doing this, only divides us and makes more schisms.

Very sad.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

undo

In his book, “Unnatural Deaths in the U.S.S.R.: 1928-1954,” I.G. Dyadkin estimated that the USSR suffered 56 to 62 million "unnatural deaths" during that period, with 34 to 49 million directly linked to Stalin.

www.ibtimes.com...

Please note from your link that no 2 historian have even similar numbers.

Sure, Stalin was monster, but many murders were done and later added to his list just because he was at top or for some other reasons.

But question here is, did he murder all of those people because they belonged to religion or because they did not accept his atheist view of life?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

no, his premise was that man was just an animal and therefore, could be treated like one where expedient. from what i've read, it was a very scientific approach. i don't think the concept of humanitarianism was in his dictionary. hehe

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I spent over an hour talking to a Muslim taxi driver the other day, nice guy, definitely not an extremeist. He was intimately tied to Islam though.

It started as a discussion around Bitcoin (which is a whole other thread), and the Bitcoin conversation ended with him stating... "the only solution to the world's problems is when everyone converts to Islam, or at least accepts Islam as the only religion".

That led to an hour long discussion about philosophy, sociology and religion.

i've had these discussions with almost all religions, even some Muslims in the past. In my eperience, muslims always get angry and end the conversation quickest. This was unique for me as we kept on going... often around in circles.

We really got along well, and could likely be good friends, except for one thing... he refused to accpet "me" for who I am.

Islam states that God (Allah) said that Islam is "the religion to end all religion". He said this often, but he was very quick to state that this doesn't necessarily mean "ending" other religions violently (though he wouldn't say that it wasn't an option). What he said is that basically Allah said that Islam is the Last religion, so it has to be right... (circular logic).

This is what really scares me about Islam... all moderates of all other religiouns can at least accept the coexistence of other theologies... Islam won't budge.

I somewhat agree with Angola (not for the same reasons) that Islam is just a cult, infact all religions are somewhat cultish... but religions that are also and ideaology are frightening for much deeper reasons.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

ketsuko
I don't like it, but I understand it. They're looking at what's been going on all over Africa and thinking about self-preservation.

The world is going mad.

No the world is just coming to realise how mad it has already gotten. May Angola be the start of something great!

All religions need to be suppressed a little more nowadays.
Years ago most people were God fearing - today they are not and religion of any kind has no place to dictate to anyone!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

phyllida
reply to post by iRoyalty

Yes its a great shame and I might add misconception about Buddhism that its all peace love and harmony. I went right off Buddhism due to the actions of the feudal lords of Tibet i.e. the monks and their treatment of the Chinese (and anyone else not toeing the line). It seems humans have an unswerving ability to twist anything to their own agenda even when written in stone!! (moses reference there lol)

I repeat I do not hate, hatred is not part of my life or make-up. These are just words on a screen which can sometimes come across differently without emotion. You do not know me as a person and I feel sure you'd like me if you did coz I am rather nice really, I just do not tolerate fools gladly nor male oppressors of women
which unfortunately for the religious types, seems to be all religions with possibly the exception of Sikhism

Yeah it is shameful that men adorned as monks to try to end suffering in the world push to expand it... Please do not take my words for judgement, I can see my error, for the Buddha teaches that you can not truly know the content of someone's heart until you know the person. As I do not know you on a personal level I feel like I may have over-stepped my mark. However, please realise that you must also take this into context when regarding Muslims, how many Muslims do you truly know? Pass judgement only when you are sure of it, even then it is better to guide.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

1 bomber is still alive and he will see his day in court. Then if he so wishes can speak his mind and get a movie deal.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

I have sent you a private message in order not to derail the thread

I will add I have known many muslims have tried talking to them but as a woman it was a dead end. They do not respect westerners and most definitely do not respect western women no matter how they spin it.

A medieval way of life and belief in the 21st century is never going to work alongside other cultures & beliefs without followers being more flexible

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

rigel4
reply to post by StallionDuck

Yey Angola.... Next stop the UK

Well we can hope!

Well we can hope that the next stop is the entire world. These people are nuts.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Islam says that Muslim's are going to install "sharia law " in the world . And if you don't become a Muslim then you are considered to be an "infidel "you will be enslaved or killed.

How is this not perfectly clear ? If you don't want to become a Muslim then your life is being threatened by Islam, Muslim's and the Quran.

edit on 25-11-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Being a "Constitutionist",I absolutely believe that people should be free to practice the religion of their choice.
However, when it means making a choice between self-preservation and upholding an ideal, the correct choice is, of course self-preservation. If you are dead, your ideals die with you. Absolute correct choice for the Angolans. History has shown us that the Muslims don't "play well with others" I am generalizing, as there are Muslims who seem to assimilate quite well. But I would say those would probably be the more well educated, and fairly affluent Muslims. It's sad really. I am a Christian, and hold no ill will toward Muslims, but I doubt if that is reciprocated. Very intolerant of other religions. Just look at Saudi Arabia (and others) for example. Illegal for Christians to carry a bible, wear a cross, evangelize in any way. Whereas, if a Saudi national were to come visit my community, it would not offend me in the least if the person carried a Koran, bowed to Mecca, chanted his prayers...etc. It almost makes one think that the Muslims are not very solid in their faith, and are afraid that Christians, if free to, would easily convert Muslims to Christianity. They seem to be very insecure on that issue. I can make the analogy that they are like a very jealous and controlling husband who won't let his wife out of his sight, for fear of her cheating on him. Oh wait, the Muslims do that too. Guess I just confirmed my own point.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You know that video 'Muslims take over english streets'?? Is that for real? Looks to me to be the same Muslims in the areas mentioned, apart from at the end in Manchester!

What were they doing anyway?? Some festival or something??

Whipping themselves with balls??

WTF is that??

I want to know what happened to all the British people in those areas?? Why did they leave? If they hadn't left, the area wouldn't have been taken over...

And I am happy to see the Angolans do something about it before they take over their Country also.

BTW, I'm loving seeing the fine European Ladies in London with their short skirts on.... well nice... and most have long sexy legs!

edit on 25-11-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

If Islam really has you wondering research and gain knowledge.

Stay away from YouTube and the likes. It is agenda driven.
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Wow. Just wow.
Islam ISN'T agenda driven?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There doing what they thinks best for their country. It's would be easy to judge sitting where I am in N.Y. with protection from a First World justice system and having a cell phone in arms reach that will have my protection on the way with 3 simple presses of a button..911. In other parts of the world it's not that simple and there are people right now being preyed upon from Radical Muslims.

What I am jealous of is the story tends to show me what we don't have in America. Leaders with courage who make moves based on what they think is needed to keep people safe. Not Cowards with only Ideology and the up coming elections in mind. Might I add the only reason they have the privilege of displaying their Ideology is because of the millions who died fighting for the rights that set the system up for them. Now they think they know whats best and want to slowly dismantle that system.

What will the History Books say about American 100 years from now?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I say go one step further and ban ALL religion. Anything man made usually ends up in ruins anyhow... religion will be no different. But it does serve its purpose of dividing people.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yes it is a festival on Muharram 10 to commemorate Imam Hussain (as), (ie: The Grandson of the Holy Prophet (saw) who was murdered along with most of His Holy Family (as) in Kerbala. It is in love of Him, and wishing we could have been there to die at His Side...

It is also a stand against tyranny and injustice everywhere... to stand and say that we are not with those who are unjust to the innocent people...

Shia do what is called self flagellation, and it is done because of sadness and mourning for what was done to the Holy Family. (it is also what some christians do to commemorate the death of Jesus)

Shia do this once a year, and in the UK the shia are allowed and given a permit to walk through the street on this day (as a group as you saw there in the video)...however, all applicable permits are applied for, and granted for this walk / commemoration.

You will see it on large scale in Kerbala every year, when it is done outside of Kerbala it is a commemoration for those who were unable to take this pilgrimage. www.youtube.com...

It is a beautiful thing.

If you wish to know more about Kerbala and why we commemorate it here is a small book which explains:

tearsofkarbala.com...

edit on 25-11-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

well you can only push so long until forces begin to push back. First....not the last.

I feel sorry for moderate Muslims but unless they get dirty cleaning islam of radicals they can't say much......

Sorry.....but I think they made a good move for their majority .....

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Good for them, I really mean that. Islam is a dominating and soul crushing ideology. It is not so much a religion as it is a political structure. I was really hope in the last couple of decades, that people under the thumb of a theocratic Islamic Government would wake up and see how Islam is holding them back from progress. As the rest of us can see it's dragging them backwards. We should demand Islamic countries reciprocate religious tolerances in their countries, like we do in the West...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I am ashamed to read some of the comments. Really, some people are full of hate.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join