It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter to Sony, thought I'd share.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I wrote this after seeing yet another mobile phone advert with a very particular time on the display of the phone being marketed. It's not just Sony that does it, they're just one of the culprits, I've seen HTC adverts displaying the same time, amongst others.

Anyway, here it is...

Hi there!

Your adverts for mobile phones, especially the ones where the time reads 10:08 on the screen, interest me quite a bit.

In English Qabalah, 1008 produces such phrases as 'The Holiest Grail' and 'Sweet Sixteen'. This method of converting letters to numbers works on a base 6 frame, ie. A=6, B=12, C=18 and so on until Z=156. For a more balanced view of the phrases, one could multiply the outcome of 1008 by 7.5 to give an effect as if you'd worked out the phrase through bases 1-9 and added them all together. In this case the number is 7560. Now, lets say we're talking musically, and the number 7560 was 7560Hz. To move down an octave you simply divide the number by two, this gives 3780Hz. Doing this six times in total from the original of 7560Hz gives you 118.125Hz. The number 118.125 has been used throughout history as a building block for many significant structures, one example, the Khafre Pyramid.

I was wondering, if as a company, you understand how numbers such as 10:08 affect the psyche of the observer. Obviously the digits add up to nine, as does your 10:35 display time, and that's too lengthy for me to be bothered going into in this missive, as are the Moon and Sun connections, but my questions stand: Are your times just strange coincidences? Would you like to subliminally affect the viewer with exceedingly powerful references to our inherent path to Godhood? Or, think ye stand as Gods above us?

Apologies if this catches unawares, I just picked the first important person I could find within your company to email... If you personally don't know the answer, please could you pass to someone who might? It'd really make my day to get a seriously considered reply.

Yours sincerely,

Dave

I doubt I'll get a reply, but if I do I'll post it here, regardless of how dismissive it may prove to be.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by iamahumandoing

I think this answers it.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

hahaha why did they randomly add Abraham Lincolns death in there .

edit on 23-11-2013 by SHgNaTrinityinme1333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Thanks for your reply, maybe there is something in that, but the display is digital.

I like my conspiracy-related twist better, but thanks all the same

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Woe!

I thought the letter was gonna be about something shallow...

You might get one of those Cease and Desist letters after that one!!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

SHgNaTrinityinme1333

hahaha why did they randomly add Abraham Lincolns dead in there .

The only reason I can think of is to show that you could randomly pick any number to display on the watch and you could create any sort of reason for it being there.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Why didn't you just name the thread...how I wasted a few minutes of my life to write a letter.

If anyone at Sony reads this..the reply would be ...LOL and then toss in the garbage bin.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
Woe!

I thought the letter was gonna be about something shallow...

You might get one of those Cease and Desist letters after that one!!

Hey I hope so! If I do I'll post it, that'd really make me happy!!

Maybe they'll just offer me a job... Haha

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
Why didn't you just name the thread...how I wasted a few minutes of my life to write a letter.

If anyone at Sony reads this..the reply would be ...LOL and then toss in the garbage bin.

Pity you couldn't title your post similarly.

Sorry, was a bit acidic there. I shouldn't be a mirror like that. Lead by example they say.
edit on 23/11/13 by iamahumandoing because: Slap myself on the wrist: Play nice Dave...

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

You would be surprised at what you can garner from a corporate answer from an out side unknown customer lol.

It will often either give clues to the current workings or get you a nice sized sample of their current product for your interest or at the least some brochures to burn.

Rofl

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
And so I now know about random numbers having meaning based on some obscure method of numerology that I'd never bothered about before, and once more I shake my head.

they're subliminally doing stuff to me.. *shakes fist*.. do I blame them for this, or ATS for making me know of it.

because before all of this, it made no difference to me what so ever.

oh well, I best get to writing angry letters...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I think your base-6 is a little bit off there. Base-6 works on a factor of 6, so the final result, if you're counting in base-6, would look something more like this the list below, where the first number is the decimal, and the second its equivalent in base-6:

00 = 0
01 = 1
02 = 2
03 = 3
04 = 4
05 = 5
06 = 10
07 = 11
08 = 12
09 = 13
10 = 14
11 = 15
12 = 20
13 = 21
14 = 22
15 = 23
16 = 24
17 = 25
18 = 30
19 = 31
20 = 32
21 = 33
22 = 34
23 = 35
24 = 40

So, if we're looking at a conversion of the basic English alphabet, then our table would look something like what I have below. The letter, its numerical equivalent in decimal, and then its numerical equivalent in base-6:

A = 01 = 1
B = 02 = 2
C = 03 = 3
D = 04 = 4
E = 05 = 5
F = 06 = 10
G = 07 = 11
H = 08 = 12
I = 09 = 13
J = 10 = 14
K = 11 = 15
L = 12 = 20
M = 13 = 21
N = 14 = 22
O = 15 = 23
P = 16 = 24
Q = 17 = 25
R = 18 = 30
S = 19 = 31
T = 20 = 32
U = 21 = 33
V = 22 = 34
W = 23 = 35
X = 24 = 40
Y = 25 = 41
Z = 26 = 42

So, if we're looking at cryptography, then the digits on the clock, 10:08, could read:

JH (if we use 10 and 08)
A _ _ H (if we use 1, 0 , 0, 8)
I (if we add 1 + 0 + 0 + 8 = 9)

Now, turning to some good ol' fashioned Gematria, we can plug in our results:

JH in Hebrew is Yod and Heh, 10 and 5 respectively, which gives us a total of 15, the entry on 15 reads:

Steam
Vapor
Pride
A carrying out
Exaltation
Splendor
Overflowing
Abounding
"He Who Impels"
To force
To hide
The Monogram of the Eternal (YH)

A _ _ H in Hebrew would be: Aleph _ _ Heh, equivalent to 1 _ _ 5, or, 6 if we add them together. The entry for 6 reads:

To gather
To collect
The demon Gog
A bear
A window

Finally, we have the lone I, which, in Hebrew would be Heh, equivalent to 5. The entry for 5 reads:

Mist
Vapor
Back

The consensus seems to be a trying to "force" a "gathering" or "collecting" of "mist" and "vapor" out of "pride".

But, we can still go a step further, using that ol' rule of "I make up whatever rules I want", where we can add together ALL THE RESULTS, which produces the awesome word JHA_ _HI. If we convert the English to Hebrew we arrive at: Yod, Heh, Aleph, _, _, Heh, Yod, which breaks down to 10, 5, 1, _, _, 5, 10. So, first, let's see if the Gematria has an entry on 1051510...

Unfortunately, my volume only goes up to 3,321... so, let's try the natural space: 1,051 and 510, which gives us:

[no entry]

for 1,051 and:

The Head
A Song
Draco (constellation)

for 510. So... perhaps it is saying there's "nothing" in "your head" ?

Yeah, again, not really seeing anything. HOWEVER, we can try ONE LAST THING to try and pull something rational out of all this nonsense: add up all the numbers! 1 + 5 + 1 + 5 + 1 = 13. Oh, 13, man, ought to be something interesting we can gather from that one:

A small bundle
Beloved
Love
Unity
Hated
Emptiness
Raised Up
Anxiety
Fisher
Thunder
To Meditate
"He removed"
Here
Come
This
"He Shall Come"

Which gives us... uh, like, a bipolar Jesus "who shall come", and loves to hate, but unifies emptiness by making loud thunder while people try to meditate?

Yeah, I'm still going to go with nothing, there's nothing there.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Hi there!

Great post, apologies for my incorrect use of 'base 6', of course you understood I just meant to count up in increments of six, A=6, B=12 etc...

With this, when I mention bases 1-9 I mean:

Base 1, A=1, B=2.... Counting in increments of 1
Base 2, A=2, B=4.... Counting in increments of 2
Base 3, A=3, B=6.... Counting in increments of 3
Base 4, A=4, B=8.... Counting in increments of 4
Base 5, A=5, B=10.... Counting in increments of 5
Base 6, A=6, B=12.... Counting in increments of 6
Base 7, A=7, B=14.... Counting in increments of 7
Base 8, A=8, B=16.... Counting in increments of 8
Base 9, A=9, B=18.... Counting in increments of 9

I should have called it something more accurate to represent what I meant, but I can't deny that your results are of great interest. Of course, nobody is 100% right or wrong here, and we both definitely have valid points of view in this.

One interesting thing I found the other day, I came across a poem by John Masefield and I knew it was hiding something as soon as I looked at it.

Cargoes

Quinquireme of Nineveh from distant Ophir,
Rowing home to haven in sunny Palestine,
With a cargo of ivory,
And apes and peacocks,
Sandalwood, cedarwood, and sweet white wine.

Stately Spanish galleon coming from the Isthmus,
Dipping through the Tropics by the palm-green shores,
With a cargo of diamonds,
Emeralds, amythysts,
Topazes, and cinnamon, and gold moidores.

Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack,
Butting through the Channel in the mad March days,
With a cargo of Tyne coal,
Road-rails, pig-lead,
Firewood, iron-ware, and cheap tin trays.

Using my incremental counting through all numbers 1-9, the total of the poem and the title equals 236,205. Moving down one octave, ie. divide by 2, gives 118,102.5.

Of course it might just be coincidence, but for me, I come across this stuff far too easily and at synchronous times with other stuff that's going on in my head. It makes it so beautiful and meaningful to me, but of course I struggle to give that as a gift to others, though I do try.

I love seeing posts where people have taken the time to give me something new and interesting. Thank you, you just made my morning coffee taste even better!

Much love,

Dave

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Pity I can't star your post more than once.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I believe that this harks to the era where clocks were always pictured with the hands pointing to eight past ten. This is because it is a happy time, not because of some universal rule that everyones joy level are highest at this time, or some utter twaddle.

The hands pointing in those directions result in its face appearing to be smiling. The standard is now for anything that tells the time to use one of the happy times of day, in its advertising. So, all clocks, digital or analogue, mobile phones and so on, will have a happy time of day showing. Dave Gorman, a British comic, has a show on a channel which is also called Dave, called Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Good-ish, in which he points out the many bizarre and strange things that fire his neurons, and/or, in some cases, rile him to excesses of angst.

One of these is the very issue you describe, with the telephone adverts, always displaying the same time. It truly is nothing more than a psychological tool used by advertisers. You could argue that the digital format does not lend itself in quite the same way to being effective, but on the other hand, when I see a digital clock, I always imagine the clockface (simply because of how I was bought up to tell time).

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Could in not just mean in plays HD video 1080pi?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Supermans link wouldnt open for me, but I found this on the android community site:

See, 10:08 is the time at which the maximum number of cells on a digital 12-hour clock (like the one you’ve probably got sitting next to your bed) are lit up. Of course “88:88″ would be ideal, but since the clock is constrained to real time and most of them only have two cells for the first hour position, 10:08 is as full as the cells get.

androidcommunity.com...

But hey it could be just their cover story
edit on 25-11-2013 by cartenz because: added text because nobody clicks links

edit on 25-11-2013 by cartenz because: spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The real reason for the setting.

The real reason for the setting? Aesthetics.
The 10:10 position gives the clock or watch a number of benefits:
• The hands not overlapping, so they're fully and clearly visible and their styling can be admired.
• The arrangement of the hands is symmetrical, which people generally find more pleasant than asymmetry, making the product more appealing to customers.
• The manufacturer's logo, usually in the center of the face under the 12, is not only visible, but nicely framed by the hands.
• Additional elements on the face (like date windows secondary dials), usually placed near the 3, 6, or 9, won't be obscured. According to the folks at Timex (who set their products at 10:09:36 exactly), the standard setting used to be 8:20, but this made the face look like it was frowning. To make the products look "happier," the setting was flipped into a smile (occasionally, you'll still see the 8:20 setting on some clocks or watches where the manufacturer's logo is at bottom of the face above the 6).

10:10 is not perfectly symmetrical, as the hour hand has moved one-sixth of an hour towards the 11, note that a couple of the timepieces in the picture are actually set to 10:08 or 10:09, presumably for greater symmetry.

I think since those days, they just stuck with the same numbers for smart phones.

Link

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Dave Gorman talked about this on his show here in the UK. The hands on a traditional clock, were always displayed this way to make the clock look happy (no joke) However to have it perfectly symetrical didnt look quite right, so the time was always 10.08 or reverse. This has just continued with digital clock faces.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I saw the Dave Gorman show too. How apt that what I talk about can be derived from a simple "smiley face" on an analogue clock.

This knowledge has been around for a long, long time. You guys may not think so but I reckon it almost reinforces my point.

Looking another way, when did a symmetrical 'V' half way up someone's face look like a smile? I'd say more of a comedy moustache, or a gurn.

I try to see things from multiple points of view. Means I'm an indecisive git, but...

Truth has multiple facets.

And I am aware that every word spoken is, in a way, a lie. So don't believe what I say, it's just a point of view.

You see the 118 118 adverts?

Well, the number I talk about is 118 & 1/8... Got your number!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join