It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America; A Coward Country

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+87 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Above are just two threads from many that have spurred me to write this one.

Dunno how long this will last, though. It's not going to be a nice thread, nor a pretty one.

First let me apologise to many. I'm sorry. Not everyone can be brave. I wrongly assumed that people would naturally embrace noble efforts. I wrongly assumed that people would steer clear of cowardice.
It takes guts to be responsible.
It takes courage to self-determine and make your own way.

Then there are those that shun responsibility.
Those that willingly cede self-determination.
Those that gladly give up independence.
Cowards.

But not everyone can be brave. And that's what political leaders are counting on.

From PC indoctrination (see above thread) to hate-filled vitriol towards independent groups like the Tea Party (see above thread) America is looking to eliminate independence.

They want to see a nation filled with victims. People who get offended and cry for help from government.
People who get sick and cry for help from government.

People who need and want someone(government) telling them what to do.
How to act.
How to live.
What to eat.
What to drink.
What to buy.
What to earn.

The government wants cowards.

Are you against Obamacare? Then you are mean and stupid and want people to die. (not true)
Are you against higher taxes? Then you are greedy and mean and don't want to help out poorer people. (not true)
Are you against PC? Then you are a bigot or a fascist. A hater who doesn't want equality. (not true)

But that is the meme being engineered in our society.

The government wants you to run and hide if you see someone with a gun. They see that as a better solution than fighting back.

They want victims.
They want whiners.
They want cowards.

If you are an independent thinker, you are a hater.
If you are self-reliant, you are a hater, a domestic terrorist.

I guess the choices have become clear.

In America you have a choice.

You can be a coward and be accepted by the government and take what they give you and don't you dare complain or you can be brave, independent, self-reliant, self-determined, and be vilified, hated, and be a target by the coward nation.

This probably constitutes a rant, but I feel it has social ramifications as well. Though if it comes off as too hateful and angry, then delete if you must, oh mods of the site!
edit on 19-11-2013 by beezzer because: t

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We seem to get a reflection of this in the population from x,y and z's but I fear for whats coming . Not for me but for those brought up on a good dose of ninja turtles and all of the Xbox factor ..I call it the black cube and it ain't pretty .They seem to have no conception on privilege and responsibility ....I guess you could call it a cop out of sorts but it does manifest itself in todays youth (25 and under) more so than other groups .I cant imagine how all this is going to shape the future society but there is a void that is hard to pin down .....peace

edit to add ...I guess the reset button to the games they play may be a factor in determining how the game of life is played .

edit on 19-11-2013 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Now that you mention it, I think you are right .... this administration LOVES victims.
It needs victims in order to pull off it's nefarious agenda.
And those Americans with the 'can do' spirit of the Pioneers are vilified.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by beezzer

Now that you mention it, I think you are right .... this administration LOVES victims.

America loves victims! They get all the media attention. Especially those that ask to be saved by government.

When was the last time you saw a special story of how a person started a company on his own? A rags-to-riches story?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by beezzer

We seem to get a reflection of this in the population from x,y and z's but I fear for whats coming . Not for me but for those brought up on a good dose of ninja turtles and all of the Xbox factor ..I call it the black cube and it ain't pretty .They seem to have no conception on privilege and responsibility ....I guess you could call it a cop out of sorts but it does manifest itself in todays youth (25 and under) more so than other groups .I cant imagine how all this is going to shape the future society but there is a void that is hard to pin down .....peace

It goes towards all generations. Entitlement-nation, afraid of it's own shadow!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Unless you're from my generation (under 25) you won't understand my generation. Same way I don't understand what it was like living in the 60s where candy costs a penny each and you had to walk to school 10 miles barefoot in the snow..
Same old rhetoric has been passed down from generation to generation.
Call us whatever you want, but my generation will continue to do whatever it is you're complaining about.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yea ,sure ....the rags to riches is a good example that wont or cant work in todays world ...they control it all ,either by hook or crook..

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

rangerdanger
Unless you're from my generation (under 25) you won't understand my generation. Same way I don't understand what it was like living in the 60s where candy costs a penny each and you had to walk to school 10 miles barefoot in the snow..
Call us whatever you want, but my generation will continue to do whatever it is you're complaining about.

I'm not insulting any specific generation, and I could give a damn what you do or don't do.

Continue to do whatever you want to do. Just don't involve me or mine.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

But your generation gets all the good deals my generation had to doll out a weeks pay to get ..lol 10 miles to go to school in snow up to my arse lol

+28 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
No the government doesn't want cowards or people to live off them. People that are working pay taxes and getting taxes makes the government happy a unemployed person makes the government sad because they will take money away. The huge corporations that the TPers supports wants cowards because that is where the money is made. Like food stamps JP Morgan runs that the more people on food stamps the more money for JP. So instead of the TPers pointing at the government crying you are causing the problems should look at the corporations they support and see that they are the ones that turned the government into what it is today and turned America into a shambles so they could make more money.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah buddy, it's nefarious agenda of getting health coverage for poor children.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well Done Beezzer! I don't pop in much these days but I'm always watching...

I have thought the same for the last few years while watching people slowly losing their freedoms and doing nothing but shouting and ranting on the net.

So many are brave and proud when their Country invades another, destroys a Nation, Kills innocent people...all in the name of bringing Democracy, rights and freedoms(or at least their version of it) to a people that either don't want it or already have it.

But when it comes time to stand and deliver on their home front? Nada...Nothing. Just a "If I'm doing nothing wrong, I have nothing to fear". or my favorite..."What can I do about it"?

Anyways, you know me and I can go on for hours on this certain topic but...

Peace

edit on 19-11-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

rangerdanger

Actually, it is not about generations, and I don't see how you got that from his essay. The entitlement mindset and lack of self reliance crosses generations and is more of a cultural problem than a generational one. For every shiftless under 25 you could point out, I could point out a self-starter and a self reliant individual as well.

No, what he is getting at is that Americans (and the west in general) has gradually evolved from independent and self reliant people who just want to be left alone to a people who are afraid of liberty and are frightened by self reliance and intimidated by individualists. They find comfort in the collective. They don't want to think or take care of themselves, they just want to be taken care of. TPTB really push this mindset because such people are so much easier to control than those who want to live and breathe independently and can take care of themselves. Big government progressives want people to be dependent because they are easier to control.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Where's my Obama phone?

I heard a guy at work the other day say that he is beginning to feel stupid for working. He has several completely healthy relatives that haven't worked for decades. They live courtesy of the charity forced upon taxpayers. He has a strong work ethic, but after watching this for so many years, he is being worn down.

It certainly seems like it could be the goal of the government to have this effect on working people.

But when everyone is on the dole.... who pays for it?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by beezzer

Yea ,sure ....the rags to riches is a good example that wont or cant work in todays world ...they control it all ,either by hook or crook..

What are you talking about? The newest and greatest entrepreneurs in the last decade were the younger generation. How old was the guy who developed the new app that Facebook wanted to buy for 3 billion? 23?

Rags to riches is still very, very possible in today's day and age. If you already have your excuse ready (the man is keeping me down, bro) you have already failed before you have even begun.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

buster2010
No the government doesn't want cowards or people to live off them. People that are working pay taxes and getting taxes makes the government happy a unemployed person makes the government sad because they will take money away. The huge corporations that the TPers supports wants cowards because that is where the money is made. Like food stamps JP Morgan runs that the more people on food stamps the more money for JP. So instead of the TPers pointing at the government crying you are causing the problems should look at the corporations they support and see that they are the ones that turned the government into what it is today and turned America into a shambles so they could make more money.

Corporations and government are both in it together. Corporations can't function without government giving them the say-so.

Like healthcare, some refuse to take responsibility and gladly surrender to government authority, while others resist the insult to their own independence.

But those that refuse to cede are probably haters, huh?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
OMG how can anyone bash the independent groups like the Tea Party... sooo innocent!!!

PC is annoying but there are people who want to go the other way, aka, want to discriminate, accuse, and w/e and not get penalized or criticized for it.

Too much PC is bad but i think some people want it completely gone....sorry it keeps racist and bigots in check or makes them stand out.

"i wanna be bad to this person but damn PC is in its way!"

i think this hate on PC is actually an underlying agenda to destabilize or cripple whatever is opposed to tea party/republican goals.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

jude11
reply to post by beezzer

Well Done Beezzer! I don't pop in much these days but I'm always watching...

I have thought the same for the last few years while watching people slowly losing their freedoms and doing nothing but shouting and ranting on the net.

So many are brave and proud when their Country invades another, destroys a Nation, Kills innocent people...all in the name of bringing Democracy, rights and freedoms(or at least their version of it) to a people that either don't want it or already have it.

But when it comes time to stand and deliver on their home front? Nada...Nothing. Just a "If I'm doing nothing wrong, I have nothing to fear". or my favorite..."What can I do about it"?

Anyways, you know me and I can go on for hours on this certain topic but...

Peace

edit on 19-11-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

I'd like to think that I practice what I preach by living where I want, and doing what I want in order to live how I want.

The real scary thing is when I do get settled, I may end up getting involved in local politics.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

luciddream
OMG how can anyone bash the independent groups like the Tea Party... sooo innocent!!!

PC is annoying but there are people who want to go the other way, aka, want to discriminate, accuse, and w/e and not get penalized or criticized for it.

Too much PC is bad but i think some people want it completely gone....sorry it keeps racist and bigots in check or makes them stand out.

"i wanna be bad to this person but damn PC is in its way!"

i think this hate on PC is actually an underlying agenda to destabilize or cripple whatever is opposed to tea party/republican goals.

So you would rather want government determining social behavior rather than having the individual be responsible for their own behavior?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

damwel

FlyersFan
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah buddy, it's nefarious agenda of getting health coverage for poor children.

People were ALWAYS getting healthcare coverage.

The issue now is Obama changed WHO PAYS FOR IT!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join