It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Manual For Creating Atheists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Jim Scott
reply to post by redoubt

Before matter other than the Earth existed, it was pure energy. Since the energy had no mass, it was not dense. The singularity was light. From that point, it filled the Universe.

Where did it originate?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Jim Scott
reply to post by redoubt

Science has proven that there is intelligent design.

Science has proven intelligent design?
Are you talking about this?

Because that sorta thing is as laughable as Kirk Cameron and a banana.
Last I knew, science was still punching holes in intelligent design:

www.math.vanderbilt.edu...

www.wired.com...

rationalwiki.org...

What has changed?

-Peace-

edit on 14-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Link

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Let's use that example you gave of complex from simple. The human genome has 3 billion base pairs. There are less than 4.5 billion years to make a human, since life did not exist here until .8 billion years had passed. That means that if a life form could make a successful string of replications every year, you might make a human. Trouble is, we don't replicate annually and we don't mutate successfully annually. Therefore, what you are proposing is scientifically impossible.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

All I can suggest is either there were two different dimensions colliding at a connection point to create our dimension as a mix, or I have to go with God creating light as He said, or both.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Jim Scott
reply to post by redoubt

All I can suggest is either there were two different dimensions colliding at a connection point to create our dimension as a mix, or I have to go with God creating light as He said, or both.

All I can do is suggest that you missed my point, lol!

No matter... sokay.

As soon as science can explain how matter/energy was created from nothing in a universe that would be nothing without that matter/energy...

Never mind

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Trying to simplify, sorry: imagine you are in a dark room and someone opens the door a crack and a thin stream of light shines in. The other room does not have light. The light is made when your room merges with the other room when the door opens.

edit on 11/14/2013 by Jim Scott because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Just checked back in for a minute and looked at the most recent posts. If the subject has changed to theories for the existence of the Universe, I'll have to go put on another hat. Are we pretty much done with the discussion of the book?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

You haven't said anything.
You threw around some numbers.
Where's the verification?
Where's the major learning institution that says it's true and where's their work?
Scientific coroboration?
Peer Review?
No links?
C'mon now.

-Peace-

edit on 14-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Line

edit on 14-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sentiment

edit on 14-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Removed Senitment

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

It may come full circle back to that but I believe it has gone on a tangent for the time being.

I am currently trying to take care of some things but have been keeping tabs on the thread to see where it progresses.

As for the question of where or how did the universe originate I am in the "I don't know" camp. I have seen more than a few theories on that matter and would like to see more evidence.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
When I look around at the world I see the hallmarks of a design and an original intent giving rise to creation in order so that this experience might be possible, not as a capricious addition from nothing, but as an intelligent subtraction or intentional limitation from the absolute unlimited potential, by reflection.

Everything is made in just the right way, even the latest science has shown that the Higgs Boson while it upholds the standard model of physics, demonstrates a selection bias in favor of life or fine tuning, in the extreme, a "problem" for which the strong anthropic principal or the multiverse cannot offer any "consolation" (to a bias opposed to God), for reasons that I don't have the time to go into right now.

When I look at the "reasoning" of the atheist - all I see are assumptions, if not a high degree of snarky rudeness even willful ignorance.

They presume to KNOW something, but on what basis do they claim their knowledge that there is not an infinitely intelligent Supreme Being?

I don't get it - why is it again that they think they are so smart?

In truth it may be quite hilarious the degree of irony involved here.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 14-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

I, for one, I find it hard to believe that there are any atheists left anymore after the findings of science prove there is a common designer (which you might name God).

Just another passing fad.

reply to post by NewAgeMan

I don't get it - why is it again that they think they are so smart?

It's obviously an act NAM and seems cookie cutter cloned among atheists.
Insecurity comes el nat-u-rrral when you don't really know if what you're
saying is true. So they poor on the reinforcing master of intellect attitude.
Bill Mahr comes to mind and it really is quite pathetic.
Not all atheists but a great number anyway.
edit on 14-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
An empty vessel is easy to fill.

I wish it was true for me since I have tried everything from (in the following order):

christianity (0-20),
judaism (20-21),
christianity with keeping the judaic dietary laws and holidays (21-40),
agnosticism (41),
paganism with a Goddess slant (41-42),
wicca (42),
christian witch - Jesus & the Goddess - what a diametrically opposed combo! - LOL - (42),
mysticism (42),
neopagan with a Goddess slant (42-44),
slight tilt to atheism (44),
agonsticism (44)
to presently being screwed up royally because nothing worked properly no matter how I tried to repackage everything.

In the end, I only have a passion for nature, the moon, Sirius, and finding some comfort with the Goddess for a loving (make believe?) figure; and no matter what, some type of monotheism still running deep within me and choosing the Goddess over a God. (44-45).

It really started with my last go around with the church in 2009 after a 13 year absence and telling the pastor and other members to basically GFTs after they demanded for me to proselytize and go door to door in order to become a member of the church.

I have always felt the need to be a light unto the world with my actions, temperament, etc; and if someone asked about it, I would gladly tell them.

I have never believed in forcing my beliefs on someone and have always refused to do it no matter the consequences.

And to be fair, I have told wiccans and athesist to GFTs too after they turned everything in our area into another form of religion and wanting to force it on others ... I detest religion with a passion now and simply a solitary practitioner of a screwed up system because I can see the positives from all of the different practices if applied correctly ... why can't we all get along, respect each others beliefs, and keep our beliefs to ourselves until someone asks about it???

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

To clarify still further, take THIS for example, how the moon reflects and eclipses the sun, and the shadow of the earth, the moon, during the epoch of evolution when there just so happens to be sentient observers on earth to notice it as the only one for whom such a thing could be meaningful, significant or allegorical.

Am I to be persuaded by the atheists that this is nothing more than a coincidence or a mere happenstance by random occurrence?

And if it's an outcropping of a sacred geometry from the very origin of creation, in what way would such a thing not be considered an intelligent design, by anticipation, from a first cause, in order so that this experience might be possible, since it's the very basis for the life we know and experience?

To avoid the implication of a "God" or an infinitely intelligent Supreme Being/Creator, the atheist will at this point try to invoke the anthropic principal in effect saying that if it was any other way than the way it is, we wouldn't be here to notice it and that, therefore, the data, and the observation of it, is meaningless (just the way it is). But how is that scientific? And isn't the very act of observing or noticing this configuration itself a meaningful occurrence?

To top it all off, and add insult to injury, they will call me a fool for pointing this out as a rational basis for knowledge of God.

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools

~ Romans 1:19-22

Oh the IRONY!

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 14-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Lightworth

Christians do not accept Islamists, correct? Both are theist groups, but they have different ways of handling the same general lifestyle. One is passive, the other is aggressive. The same goes for atheists. Zealous evangelical atheists are not our friends, not "professionally". Their approach to spirituality is not the paragon of atheism, nor do we claim it as such. We are not all the same, so perhaps a smaller brush would be more appropriate when addressing the issue. Please remember that.
edit on 14-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

not accept them, why? i am not aware of that.

they have their faith, like atheism and jews and etc.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

TheSubversiveOne
reply to post by Grimpachi

Those who are religious need a banner to fight for. Atheism, like any other 'ism', is such a banner, and an atheist will fight for it, thereby placing this banner above all banners. This is not the nature of reason, but of religion and ideology.
edit on 14-11-2013 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

I don't agree. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. This is more than reason, this is physics. As above, so below.

yeah, now they stepped into the ring.

get ready to rumble!! lol!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Stormdancer777

the atheists are alwys belittling the christians on this and other forums I haven't seen many anti atheists topic, but tons of anti christian ones.

Then maybe the Christians should stop sticking their necks out on such blatantly groundless issues. If Christians made some good points more often, they wouldn't have that problem. Sounds like you just want us to shut up and let you spread ignorance in peace. Because that's exactly what Christians want to do: solicit, proselytize, and preach. They wanna brainwash our kids and pollute our educational systems and hijack our politics.

Don't blame us for your track record. There's a reason we keep churches on a short leash. WBC, for instance. Are they alone? Hell no! They're just too stupid to be discreet about what every other zealot thinks and feels.
edit on 14-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

seriously? who is behind the taking away of nativity scenes and 10 commandments and deleting God from the pledge, merry christmas, changing the names of easter, christmas trees and everything else?

the jews? muslims? buddists?
you believe what you want, i don't care.
i won't waste my time and neither will any other christian, on trying to convert you.

how many junkies have you made straight?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

AndyMayhew
Atheism is a religion in the same way that the belief that pink unicorns do not live in New York sewers in a religion

Now, it may be that some people who claim to be atheists are actually religious and create a 'religion' around their 'faith'.

But please don't call me religious just because I say that Zeus and Hera do not live on the top of Mount Olympus ......

where do they live, then?

welcome to the real world.

you will be lumped. lol!!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

Jim Scott
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What would it take to convert you?

To what?

I have tried just about everything, lol, even close to becoming atheist at one point.

the closest i got to atheism, was hating God for my life's problems. deaths, etc.

never lost faith, just angry and a big why???!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

tsingtao

the closest i got to atheism, was hating God for my life's problems. deaths, etc.

never lost faith, just angry and a big why???!!!

C.S. Lewis, up until his conversion experience from his late night talks with his close friend the famed J.R.R. Tolkein, as an atheist, although a reluctant one perhaps was angry at God for not existing!

NewAgeMan
reply to post by Cuervo

The Weight of Glory, by C.S. Lewis

The Screwtape Letters

It's well worth the read for anyone who's interested in this subject.

I've long suspected and now consider it an almost 100% certainty, that God is very very funny.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Atheism isn't a movement, it's a lack of belief in a higher power. It's fine if you want to talk about it and convert people to your way of thinking, but don't think for a second that you're automatically brighter than everyone else or somehow have stronger morals.
reply to post by Domo1

Of course you are, if you fail to realise that such human ideas like a higher power are not simple historical fabrications then you likely to be not as bright.

Some may have become as "preachy" as theists, but they're saying is correct at least.

No belief in such thing is the default; describing it thus "lack of a belief in a higher power" is misleading.
edit on 15/11/13 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join