It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Manual For Creating Atheists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr1Akula

When I said I don't believe anyone needs converting I ment that for both sides. You were converted forcefully and I do not condone that.

Honest discussions on religion or non religion are natural I don't consider those as converting people instead sharing ideas with others is a good thing. Using a manual is going by a script and pretty close to going door to door like other groups.

If atheists start copying that tactic I think I will get pissed. I hate solicitation.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Intellectual sparring, honing the edges of our inspection instruments for such a time as they are necessary to examine ideas that are not subject to actual scalpels and overhead lamps.

I see nothing wrong with this.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Those who are religious need a banner to fight for. Atheism, like any other 'ism', is such a banner, and an atheist will fight for it, thereby placing this banner above all banners. This is not the nature of reason, but of religion and ideology.
edit on 14-11-2013 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

TheSubversiveOne

Those who are religious need a banner to fight for. Atheism, like any other 'ism', is such a banner, and an atheist will fight for it, thereby placing this banner above all banners. This is not the nature of reason, but of religion and ideology.
edit on 14-11-2013 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

I don't agree. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. This is more than reason, this is physics. As above, so below.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

coldkidc
Evangelical Atheists...and they still don't see the irony...

Between this & the Atheist mega-churches thread I'm not sure anymore why atheists think they're better than any other religion...

They insist on believing that there is no God - yet they cannot possibly know that for a fact despite how arrogant they want to be about it.

The belief that there is no higher power or purpose & there is nothing there except themselves, nobody to watch over you, nobody to help when the need is great, no protection, a belief in nothing.

It's damn depressing...why would you want to be nothing with no purpose - to simply return to dust when your short run is through?

Why do you want that?

And why are you trying to sell it to others who have an alternative belief system?

What does it gain you other than an ego boost if someone believes what you believe?

It shouldn't matter to you at all what others believe if there is truly no God.

Why would you not simply let them believe what they want & stop trying to shove your crap down other people's throats?

Yet here you are, being as evangelical as any Southern Baptist...I think you need to take a better look at what your motivations are & who's work you are truly doing...

Atheists have been aggressively selling a belief system that shouldn't care if it's sold or not...

Something stinks...
edit on 13-11-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

Many of them enjoy ridiculing you and calling you names such as idiot, freak, etc...

I use to do this when I was a child.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Fraudfinder

I've had Christians use the most vulgar language to my face, even when I knew I was right. Knew for a fact. Hell, just today, one man calling himself a Christian kissed a fellow Christian on the lips in spite of her protests.

But by all means, go ahead. Criticize us atheists.
edit on 14-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Fraudfinder

I've had Christians use the most vulgar language to my face, even when I knew I was right. Knew for a fact. Hell, just today, one man calling himself a Christian kissed a fellow Christian on the lips in spite of her protests.

But by all means, go ahead. Criticize us atheists.

the atheists are alwys belittling the christians on this and other forums I haven't seen many anti atheists topic, but tons of anti christian ones.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

the atheists are alwys belittling the christians on this and other forums I haven't seen many anti atheists topic, but tons of anti christian ones.

Then maybe the Christians should stop sticking their necks out on such blatantly groundless issues. If Christians made some good points more often, they wouldn't have that problem. Sounds like you just want us to shut up and let you spread ignorance in peace. Because that's exactly what Christians want to do: solicit, proselytize, and preach. They wanna brainwash our kids and pollute our educational systems and hijack our politics.

Don't blame us for your track record. There's a reason we keep churches on a short leash. WBC, for instance. Are they alone? Hell no! They're just too stupid to be discreet about what every other zealot thinks and feels.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I don't agree. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. This is more than reason, this is physics. As above, so below.

Then why don't we see an opposite reaction? It's just more of the same action—churches, literature, conversion, rhetoric, branding, faith in ideals—how is this in any way the opposite direction of religion?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
There's already a book for creating atheists. It's called "The Bible." Read that a few times really trying to not have any preconceptions about it and it will completely destroy your faith in there being any kind of "God," no matter how poorly you want to define him/it.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Then maybe the Christians should stop sticking their necks out on such blatantly groundless issues. If Christians made some good points more often, they wouldn't have that problem. Sounds like you just want us to shut up and let you spread ignorance in peace. Because that's exactly what Christians want to do: solicit, proselytize, and preach. They wanna brainwash our kids and pollute our educational systems and hijack our politics.

Don't blame us for your track record. There's a reason we keep churches on a short leash. WBC, for instance. Are they alone? Hell no! They're just too stupid to be discreet about what every other zealot thinks and feels.

Really, because bring WBC into this is like introducing extreme islamic religion to a person of Isreal decent. And that's the point, as I agree with you there are many "extreme" religions and cultures out there, let's not call the kettle black as there are just as many that don't give 2 cents if your atheistic, monotheistic, polytheistic what ever theism a individual wants to be.

Some just want to let everyone be and live in peace w/o having "Extreme" anything: Christians, Catholics, Atheists who want to belittle religion of any kind.

This is not the world we live, Choatic at the very least, Atheists will never succeed nor will religion. We only turn devot anythings into "extreme" factions because most are to ignorrant to mind there P's and Q's.

Best to find a branch, perch your ass and live your life the way you see fit and not care what anyone else thinks. More so than to come and preech "God" or the "No God" because at the end of the day anyone who continually pushes such a semantic game is just as bad as any "Extremist" group that is out there.

But that's just my own 2 cents, kept me safe, hell I'll defend an Atheist if they were under attack for there beliefs the same as I would defend a person of any other countless religion for being under attack.

Live and let live~

Best regards,

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

Then why don't we see an opposite reaction? It's just more of the same action—churches, literature, conversion, rhetoric, branding, faith in ideals—how is this in any way the opposite direction of religion?

How are the Republicans any different from the Democrats?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Learn to De-Convert the Faithful With Practical New Book

Why can't these people be honest with themselves (and everyone else) for once?

It is not "de-convert" it is simply "convert."

You wan to convert them from their religion, to yours (e.g. Militant Atheism)

Militant Atheism is a religion, that requires blind faith for their belief (e.g. "god definitely does not exist, and other religions are wrong") and even attempts to proselytize and win converts. And anyone who sees the world differently than they do is just wrong, and/or stupid. Yeah, sounds just like a religion to me.
edit on 14-11-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Militant Atheism is a religion, that requires blind faith for their belief (e.g. "god definitely does not exist, and other religions are wrong") and even attempts to proselytize and win converts. And anyone who sees the world differently than they do is just wrong, and/or stupid. Yeah, sounds just like a religion to me.

Is this regarding militant atheism, or just atheism in general?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Atheism is a religion in the same way that the belief that pink unicorns do not live in New York sewers in a religion

Now, it may be that some people who claim to be atheists are actually religious and create a 'religion' around their 'faith'.

But please don't call me religious just because I say that Zeus and Hera do not live on the top of Mount Olympus ......

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Is this regarding militant atheism, or just atheism in general?

Should it matter? If not only a extreme version perveted off another, that makes non the wiser?

Christian/Atheists, Extremist Christian who's are as pompass as a Militant atheist are no different.

****sorry for the bad grammar.... i really have to go to the bathroom... LMAO****
edit on 14-11-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Make some good points?

No matter what we say we are wrong, and you are angry.

So we should not be allowed to address a topic concerning christianity?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

It matters to me. If you're talking about militant atheists, you're not talking about me. If you're talking about plain ol' atheists, you're talking about me.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Make some good points?

No matter what we say we are wrong, and you are angry.

So we should not be allowed to address a topic concerning christianity?

1. I'm not angry.

2. I didn't say you shouldn't be allowed to address such topics.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by sulaw

It matters to me. If you're talking about militant atheists, you're not talking about me. If you're talking about plain ol' atheists, you're talking about me.

Just the same if your talking about a man/woman that believes in a "higher" power your talking about me, and many individuals on these boards that just get frazzled when some Atheist or Militant Atheist spouts off about "no god" and pushes there beliefs forward just the same as any bible thumper.

Some just lack the words to put it in words the proper way.

IF your talking about the extreme bible thumpers... Well I have a problem with them too.... LMAO!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join