It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous factions threaten cyber-war on one another over anti-NSA hacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Hackers affiliated with the Anonymous Australia collective have posted a video warning their counterparts in Indonesia that if they do not stop infiltrating private Aussie web sites the two factions could engage in an all-out cyber-war.

The gist is this:

An Indonesia Anonymous group, angered over allegations that the Australian government gave the NSA access to it's Jakarta embassy to spy on Indonesians, hacked the websites of a bunch of private Australian businesses. This in turn angered an Anonymous group in Australia which is threatening to retaliate against the Indonesians.

here's the rt.com article

Yet instead of retaliating against the Australian government Anonymous Indonesia seems to have disturbed the operations of private Australian businesses including a dry cleaner, a bouncy castle business that provides inflatable party toys, and others that obviously had nothing to do with any NSA activity.

This illustrates a couple of things that I've maintained about the entire Anonymous hacktivist collective:

1. Much of the "hacktivism" is actually purely opportunistic. With a few exceptions, it's typically script kiddies scanning network after network, casting a very wide net until they find an expedient target.

2. No group like this can ever represent anything approaching the "will of the people" because at the end of the day, you're left with people who answer to no one but themselves deciding what the best interest of society is.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Indonesia Anonymous?

Australia Anonymous?

They don't sound very anonymous...

Maybe they need a support group...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

I don't think anonymous is a "bad" idea per se, but I do agree that their "benevolent intent" front is pretty ridiculous because they are essentially supposed to be fighting against those folks who feel they have the power to tell others how to do things, but then are completely formless and have no accountability.

if they were to embrace their nature as an anarchist group that threatens their attention and chaos to anyone who oversteps their boundaries however.. THAT I could get behind

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Yes, and let's call it "Transparency In Truth for The Anonymous Tribe" or "TIT for TAT"

Now, on a lighter note, it is becoming apparent to me that "Anonymous" is a government front that has all the bells and whistles of a rogue punk hacker-savant for the people-fest.....but is actually a government agency out to sway opinion towards a desired direction.

That being, the deconstruction and reconstruction of "government" as we know it.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

At the risk of getting my router hacked to make a point, I honestly don't believe anonymous exists, at least not as you would think.

I mean really, they have a Youtube channel with professional HD videos. In my opinion, It's just a psyop with one of two purposes: to weed out any "wannabe" hackers trying to join the gang

or

to give the "hacker/lone wolf web attack" fear mongering by the gosertment some legitimacy, to suite some internet control agenda.

Not to mention that they rarely go through with what they say they are going to do.

ETA: looks like Sublimecraft beat me to the punch.
edit on 12-11-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

kx12x

At the risk of getting my router hacked to make a point, I honestly don't believe anonymous exists, at least not as you would think.

I mean really, they have a Youtube channel with professional HD videos. In my opinion, It's just a psyop with one of two purposes: to weed out any "wannabe" hackers trying to join the gang

or

to give the "hacker/lone wolf web attack" fear mongering by the gosertment some legitimacy, to suite some internet control agenda.

Not to mention that they rarely go through with what they say they are going to do.

ETA: looks like Sublimecraft beat me to the punch.
edit on 12-11-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

T'was my point exactly... I thought of explaining, but why...

I love it...

Anonymous Anonymous... support group for the collective...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

This is utterly hilarious as incidents like these illustrate the pettiness of such `hacktivist` groups out there. I personally cannot understand why people put so much faith in a cyber terrist group that started on 4-chan (and one other similar site I forget the name of at the moment) just for the lulz. The `anonymous` collective have always been nothing more then opportunistic script bunnies who give REAL hackers a bad name. Ooo now they are fighting among themselves? Who would`ve thought that?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nergalbanda1

Terrorists lol...... I love how such a serious word has become a buzzword these days.

Before you had to blow some stuff up, hijack a few planes to earn that one.

Now all you gotta do is hack a few websites. Pathetic people, if that terrorizes them.
edit on Tue, 12 Nov 2013 07:19:13 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

theantediluvian

Yet instead of retaliating against the Australian government Anonymous Indonesia seems to have disturbed the operations of private Australian businesses including a dry cleaner, a bouncy castle business that provides inflatable party toys, and others that obviously had nothing to do with any NSA activity.

Sounds like CIA/NSA fronts to me

edit on 12-11-2013 by litmus1212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It causes terror since people are afraid of their accounts getting hacked and/or Identity theft with stealing of SIN numbers; which are very valid fears in this day and age as it HAS happened before. Terror is psychological; not necessarily physical ALL the time. It`s not that the world is super serious.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nergalbanda1

Lol how scary, boogabooga....... Go to some places with real terrorist problems. People aren't scared of petty crap like "getting their computer hacked", they are worried about getting limbs hacked off, getting blown to pieces; getting gang raped, tortured then dismembered for the color of their skin. Hell, go spend a week in the ghetto areas of the city near you, experience some real terror. Getting your identity stolen is unpleasant, try getting your daughter stolen though. That is some terror right there.

First world problems lol.... Don't worry though, the way western civilization seems to be going, there probably won't be much first world left by the time we check out of this insane asylum called life on earth.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

If you don`t think the average citizen is not scared of identity theft or their accounts hacked then go ask
some senior citizens or baby boomers who are the fastest growing age group around right now and see how many actually would bank online or how many would be ok with Joe Blow having thier SIN number; then ask those same people if they are afraid of having their limbs hacked off. Most whould not believe that that would happen to them here (limbs being hacked off) yet alot WOULD be afraid of identity theft.
By the way I grew up in the northside of my city which is the most run down scum bucket area of my city that I never want to return to live in again and saw alot of dren happen there and I still know more people who are more worried about identity theft then being shot up or moletov cocktails being hurled at their front windows.
edit on 11 06 13 by nergalbanda1 because: added a point

edit on 11 06 13 by nergalbanda1 because: spelling error

top topics

join