It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Guardian Angel (?) just saved my life.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:
(post by AutumnWitch657 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Point of my comment is that I also don't believe in gods and devils. I have not been blessed with the gift of being able to have that blind faith that so many have so my question is what do you all think your being saved for or is it just a religion sort of thing and by being faithful your just being saved from the normal everyday horrors of human life?

I’m asking myself the same question.

I happen to have faith - deep faith - but that doesn’t mean I know why I’m here or what I’m supposed to be doing.

Maybe that’s what faith is all about? I don’t know - I just keep dogpaddling through to keep my head and heart up!

Oh, and if you are not blessed with blind faith? Go with the ‘seeing’ kind - that works too. Promise.

peace

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonflier

Your recount of the rail station and grabbing onto...whoever it was...absolutely astounds me.

I mean - I KNOW it’s true - but what a kicker!

Makes me wonder how ‘these things’ became something foreign to us instead of everyday.

Was there a time when ‘man/we’ were so in touch with the ‘others’ we would have been remarking more when we were not saved, instead of visa versa.

A bit sad that...

Glad you’re still around.
Thanks...

peace

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If it was behind you, and you had your back to the cliff, and you were at the edge of it, there is literally nothing that could have done what you felt. That's crazy...well, crazy.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

I put the rifle down, and strangely over the next several months a series of synchronicities followed that ended up leading me down a magical path -- a path which lead to a place where I found a burning desire to live and an overwhelming feeling to experience life, to its fullest.

It's good to hear that you're still with us, silo.

I’ll say the same right back at you. Glad you’re still here.

Nothing like the magic path! And I’m not being glib or trying to be funny - but at times - what else can we call life, but just that!

Keep the faith -

peace

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Definitely an Angel incident IMO.

Wow - I can think of a few times I wish an angel would have gotten my butt out a hot water when I was a kid! But I’m not complaining - I’m happy enough that it happened now!

peace

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yes, if you were standing where I was taking the pic you would be looking up at my back and left side - I was facing Etna to the left.

And it was dusk so I just couldn't see. Wait. That’s misleading. Truth is I just wasn't paying attention to my surroundings I was focusing on the shot, no pun intended.

So yes, I would have tumbled over the upper tier landing back first on those nice cushy rocks.

OhhhKkkk enough about that - I'll get all weirded out again.

peace

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Wow...I am happy and a bit jealous of you...you are lucky to have had such an experience.

I understand what you’re saying - and in a way I would have agreed with you - if we would have talked about this before yesterday.

Now I would comment - be careful what you wish for.

For real - I’ve yet to wrap my head around what happened. I’ve yet to absorb the ‘what if’ is now and forever turned to ‘what is’.

And I’ve yet to stop looking over my shoulder.

I know in time the emotions will fade and the wonder of it all will probably fade too - that seems to be the fate of all us humans - something magical happens but it just doesn’t last.

Maybe I can figure out how to make it last?
Maybe I can ‘use’ it to do what others have suggested - take a new path, lead a new life.

Sadly? Even though this magical wonderful scary as a bat turd thing has happened for real? I’ll probably go right back to being the same old same old me in a few days. I hope not - but - odds are people don’t change.

Oh gawd - I’m so cynical already I can hear my Guardian Angel doing a face palm. Ugh!

peace

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I had a similar experience when I was 18.

I was sitting in my car at a red light. The light changed to green, and for some reason I just sat there looking at it. Normally, like most people, I would hit the gas as soon as the light changed to green, but this time I just sat there looking at it with a blank mind. I just didn't feel the urge to go and felt like I should just sit there for a little bit.

Then all of a sudden, a car races across in front of me (from the left), obviously speeding and obviously running the red light. If my car had moved when my light turned green, the other would have been slammed right into me.

I was surprised and immediately wondered, "Why was I just staring at the green light? Boy am I lucky!" Looking back on it now I am pretty sure it was not a coincidence.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It's good to hear stories like this.

Thanks Silo S+F

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I understand what you are saying, but I think you are being a bit hard on yourself.

Maybe it isn't that you need to turn into a saint that, in your mind, is worthy of the event that just happened to you...maybe it is that you were already worthy of the event that happened to you.

Of course we can all be better people, and if this helps you make even a small change in your life that you feel you need to make to make you a better person, then more power to you. But maybe this could also serve as a reminder that being you is good enough.

Of course I don't know you, but I would assume you aren't some horrible murderer, or a thief, or someone who preys on other people...and sometimes I think all of us are our own biggest critics, but that may not always be the best thing to make us the best people.

I'm sure you are more than a little freaked out by this, who wouldn't be...but don't be too hard on yourself.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

silo13

My mom told me my whole life that my Grandma "sent me her guardian angels" because she I thought I was going to need them.

Your reply - so far - is the hardest for me to respond to and I’m not going to get through it dry eyed.

If I have a Guardian Angel? He’s my Grandpa. My hero. Mentor. So much more. My ‘Granpa’ (no ‘d’) was everything to me.

Let me tell you a story of what it was like to ‘belong’ to him.

Every Saturday Granpa and I would take a walk for ice cream, hand in hand down the streets of Seattle.

He walked slow like me - the only adult who cared enough to walk slow like me. When someone asked how old I was I’d hold up 4 fingers. My legs weren't long.

Later I learned my Grandfather was crippled. Something called Polio ‘got him‘ when he was ‘my age‘.

He was a ‘cripple’ and that’s why he walked slow. That’s why Granma was always mad at him cause he was so sloooow. Nevertheless, I know he would have matched his strides to mine ‘worthless cripple’ or no. He was that kind of Man.

So, we’d take hand in hand past H. Salt Fish & Chips, look both ways and cross the street because one block later? 31 Flavors Ice Cream!

The Saturday I want to tell you about? Granpa and I were passing the modest one bench park where I saw this guy talking to himself while drinking something from a brown paper bag.

I tugged on Granpa’s arm asking why the man was drinking from a paper bag? And why was he talking to himself?

Granpa stopped, smiled his sloe smile and replied ‘He’s talking to himself because he doesn’t have a little Granddaughter to belong to.’

Think about that. A crippled old man with a moment in time to mold a child’s future. To shape my soul.

He could have been derisive, like: ‘He talks to himself because he’s a filthy bum drunk on whiskey and self pity’.

But he didn’t. Instead my Granpa dolled out a scoop of love for me - and a double scoop of love and compassion for humanity.

A once in a lifetime Man of Character, my Granpa.

So, if there’s anyone who’s watching over me? It’s him.

I just don’t know how to deal with it now that my faith in his watching over me - has become a reality.

peace

edit on 12-11-2013 by silo13 because: *dusty in here*

tear...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

No personal stories but here are two I have heard.. first one (your story reminded me of this one) from a while ago A 13 girl at the grand canyon, she fell over the side, but as she fell something pushed her back up...it was the basis of an episode on "it's a miracle" which is the only online reference I can find at this point. episode 183 aired in oct 2001 called "canyon fall"

the 2nd someone told me recently... a woman was on the golden gate bridge in her car in a horrible accident, she left her body and was floating above the cars...one car was shining with this beautiful light, she saw woman was behind the wheel, she made note of the liceanse plate # color make of car.

the lady was in a coma for a time and slowly got better, after she got well she researched this car, found the owner and talked to her, asked her what she was doing in her car, she said I saw the bad accident and "I was praying for you"!

edit on 12-11-2013 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

I don’t know where to start. I look at that pic of the car and I’m flabbergasted.

A few stitches and a broken collar bone? All in one piece so to speak? Wow...

The green eyed woman with the red hair? I’ve a lot of questions about her - you probably have had many or more yourself!

Is there any chance you have an idea who she is? Regardless of her appearance - no doubt she saved you. That’s just astounding considering that car in the pic looks like a death box.

Cool you lived to tell the tale!

peace

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I am doing a series of paintings and as I am right in the swing of things, everything I see is likely to be interpreted through this critical eye. May I use the picture you posted as the background for a painting? I like the idea of Etna erupting putting a timestmp of sorts on the painting. Apologies, this is iff-topic, but navigating to the "Message" function is likely to cause my smartphone browser to crash.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Please see Rule #2) What someOne thinks about You is none of Your business. With that being typed, the only Ones that are going to question Your lucidity are those who are "unaware" and that in itself is neither "good" or "bad" thats why Rule #2 is fun to have around.

Heck, I can't swim and I'll get in My 60mph bass boat w/out a life jacket and chase around fish that I'll just throw back in the water ALL because I have a single white bird ALWAYS looking out for Me. Why type that? You mean besides Rule #2? Because if One looks close enough You can SEE "them", the "Spirits"... We are 'them' We aren't humans having a 'spiritual experience' but "Spirits" having a 'human experience'. That is why the non-positive "them" do everything possible to keep You away from You.

With the recent "shift" of Mother Earth it has never been easier to "see" There is a meditation that One uses, a ton of this "stuff" is based on "intentions"...

namaste

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

I had a similar experience as a child. I was saved from drowing by an otherwise non-existent person.

I had something similar happen to me but a little different. I fell in a pool when I was little and no one noticed. I was only like 3 or 4 but I still remember sitting on the bottom of the pool just looking around like nothing was happening. I swear it was like I was breathing under water. Then all of a sudden my mom pulled me out then I was coughing.

I've heard of other people say the same thing that they felt like they was breathing under water. I was so calm too you would think I would of been struggling to breathe and to get to the top of the water but I just sat there.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So many incidents of something invisible saving people ...especially in cars. It follows since traffic is the most dangerous thing most of us experience... other than time, that is.

I had a sudden unmistakable urge to stop my car before coming to an intersection with a side street where the oncoming traffic had a stop sign, but me, being on a main street, did not.

Of course, an unseen car blew through their stop sign at 70+ mph and would have T-boned me had I not slowed. I know people who have 'second sight' that I trust who say we are all watched over, as far as they know, anyway.

I sometimes get the feeling we are all on display with unseen spirits watching ... for whatever reasons. It could create paranoia and I feel bad for them sometimes when human biology calls, but they've probably seen worse.

Angels, spirits, aliens, fairy... whatever one calls them and perhaps they are not homogenous, they seem to be an actuality. Why some people get "help" and some don't points to a "plan" of sorts, which goes against much of my personal philosophy, but is evident nevertheless.

I'm certainly glad your itinerary didn't include death or paralysis and those Etna pics are amazing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join