It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Guardian Angel (?) just saved my life.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

silo13
reply to post by sled735

Makes you feel good to know someone is looking out for you, right?

Honest answer? I don’t know yet. I’ve been looking over my shoulder all day.

Yeah, I’ve already started to change my behavior like, 'Ohhhh should I be doing that with Granpa watching?'

It’s all good, yes, but now I have to buck up and be responsible and admit that if he’s watching - as I now know he is - I better start cleaning up my act.

Back to you!

The “STOP’ in your head story.

Who or what do you think it was/is?

Great story - love it and thank you for sharing - glad you’re still here - But who/what was it telling you to STOP!

peace & more peace

I don't know if it was my guardian angel, or my spirit guide. IMO, we all have one of each. Some people have more than one.
I was told I have two guides the last time I visited a medium.
I used to be quite mischievous in my younger days too, so I guess it took two to handle me.

I keep forgetting that not everyone is used to having, or knowing, that there are other spirits with us. Don't let it bug you. Even if you're doing things you shouldn't, it is all for a lesson you need to learn.
As you saw with this experience, they will step in when need be. And they will also come to you when you need help... just call. Then have faith the outcome will be as it is supposed to be.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Only problem with Guardian Angels saving your life is that they never bother to tell you exactly WHY, and what you're supposed to do because of it.

Then, at some point in the future, they won't be there and you'll die.

For no apparent reason.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Not sure if this counts, but when I was a teenager playing softball, one of my team mates was heading for home from 3rd base, (we didn't wear batting helmets for softball), I was perfectly in line with him on the other side of the fence watching. Someone threw the ball from behind him and it was heading directly for the back of his head, he didn't know it, but I seen his head jerk strangely to the side just enough so the ball missed him, as if his necked kinked sideways or something just enough, I mean it was perfect timing and to this day he is probably unaware of what happened. I was also just perfectly strait in line to see what occurred, to this day I haven't forgotten that little event.

It is hard to say how many times God may have saved us from something and we are completely un-aware, until he does let something happen for whatever reason of fulfilling his overall plan for eternity.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You asked for stories, so here is another one that I witnessed involving a friend of mine:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This didn't happen to me, but I witnessed it:

One day my sister, cousin, and I were going to town in my sister's car, and my girlfriend and her husband were following behind us in their V.W. Beetle. There was a very narrow two-lane bridge on the road leading into town.

As we approached this narrow bridge, we saw a semi tractor-trailer in front of us stopped at the beginning of the bridge. He was waiting on another semi to cross coming from the other direction; there wasn't enough room for both to pass at the same time.

As the approaching semi reached the end of the bridge my girlfriend came up behind me and passed us in the other lane as we sat waiting for the semi to exit the bridge.
I was yelling at them (although they couldn't hear me), "STOP! STOP! AHHHH!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!!"

There was absolutely no way her car could have made it through the space of the stopped semi, and the one coming off the bridge. I watched wide-eyed in fear of seeing my friend killed before my eyes!

All of a sudden she was on the other side of the narrow space between the two big trucks, safe without even a scratch to the car! 'This was IMPOSSIBLE, but I saw it with my own eyes!', I thought to myself. Everyone in our car was in awe of what just happened.

When we all reached the other side of the bridge my friend had pulled off at a wide place off the road. I pulled up behind her and asked her what happened. She said her brakes went out. All she could do was go around us, or hit us in the rear of our car, so she went around.
When she saw the situation ahead she said she knew she was about to be hit head-on by the semi, so she let go of the steering wheel, put her hands over her face, and waited for the crash.
When it didn't happen, she looked up and they were in the middle of the bridge unharmed! She took a hold of the steering wheel again at that point.

Her husband couldn't stand up for awhile because his legs were too shaky to hold him. They were both shaken up, to say the least!

After awhile, we all got back on the road. Her brakes didn't give any more trouble after that. Hummm... ( I always wondered about the timing on the brakes going out, and it not happening again afterwards. Must have been some personal lesson in there somewhere!)

Another example of our angels stepping in to help us. I believe her angel not only manipulated time lines to "jump" her to the other side of the trucks, but also guided the car safely on the bridge until she looked up. Otherwise, the car could have gone off the side of the bridge and plunged into the river! There is no other explanation I can come up with.

I have several more, if you want to hear them. Just let me know.

edit on 11/12/2013 by sled735 because: typo

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Blue Shift
Only problem with Guardian Angels saving your life is that they never bother to tell you exactly WHY, and what you're supposed to do because of it.

For no apparent reason.

We are all meant to die at some appointed time I believe, but it is just a conversion into the real life from this temporary physical matrix.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Blue Shift

For no apparent reason.

That's the lesson for US to figure out for ourselves.

It's like going to school. If someone always gives us the answers to test questions, how would we ever learn?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

sled735
That's the lesson for US to figure out for ourselves.
It's like going to school. If someone always gives us the answers to test questions, how would we ever learn?

I find that people are much more motivated to learn if they are helped to clearly understand what the ultimate goal is.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

silo13
reply to post by MissBeck

Hopefully other people will share theirs as well. I love reading stuff like this.

I was kind of hoping I’d hear more accounts from others too!
Thanks -

peace

I could tell you stories all day long! Just last night on my way home from the store I got in my car and turned on the air conditioning. I drove about 1/4 of a mile before I thought, it's a little too chilly to have this on so I slowed down just the slightest bit, enough to take my eyes off the road for a split second,look at it, turn it off and then roll my window down . I continued on bopping my head to the music on the radio.
When I turned onto my road I went about another 1/4 mile when out of the corner of my eye I saw something coming at my car from the side of the road and hit the brakes hard. It was a bunny. He was already in the road when my passenger front tire crossed his path and the slamming of the brakes gave him just the split second he needed to clear the drivers front wheel. I'm telling you he must not have had more than a sheet of papers width between him and the tire. If I would not have turned the AC off I'd have run him over for sure. Just that split second
I know it's not nearly as dramatic as your encounter, but if the Bunny was telling you this story it would be!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I love your story thanks for sharing

Now for your telling off, For goodness sake woman !!!!! be more careful !!!! Tuck your glasses into the collar of your shirt so you have them on you at all times. A dead ATS member is a non productive member.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Bless the LORD for he is great and wondrous;

Psalm 91:11
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.

Matthew 18:10
“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

Psalm 34:7
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.

Hebrews 13:2
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Hebrews 1:14
Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?

Matthew 4:11
Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and were ministering to him.

Daily Prayer to Guardian Angel -

Angel of God
My guardian dear
To Whom His love
Commits me here
Ever this day
Be at my side
To light and guard
To rule and guide. Amen

God bless you,

May the Grace, Love and Peace of our Lord and Saviour and God Jesus Christ be with you, both now and ever and unto the ages of ages,

Amen

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
My question, not doubting the story, is I wonder what it is that makes guardian angels intervene in some situations for some people but not others?
Anyone have any ideas on this?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If you're talking about that red dot on the top right of the picture, that looks like a dead pixel on your digital camera. They tend to appear when shooting at high ISO settings when shooting in dim light, or during long exposures. Happens to most digital cameras eventually.

Interesting story. I'm glad you weren't hurt. That would have been a painful, if not deadly, drop.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What an amazing experience you had!
I am happy that you are ok and had your Angel or spirit guide by your side that day.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Glad to hear you're okay. I follow your Mt Etna thread since I was stationed there many many moons ago and was able to see her belch and erupt. I remember sitting on the stone wall near the castle in Motta San Anastacia and looking down below. Definitely makes your stomach pop up when you look down to the rocks below.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by sled735

"This is why I don't complain about slow traffic. I always figure I am exactly where I am supposed to be. "

YES!! That is how I feel exactly! Sorry to the drivers behind ME, but hey, see ya at the next stop light

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
my GA has had my back
for a long time now
we have a great arrangement..

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I was working construction in Vancouver, hot tough day. On the way home was walking down a crowded street and felt like I was gonna drop, dizzy, sweats, heart just popping. I stopped walking, felt like I was going to pass out right there....

I looked up and some normal looking dude comes out of the crowd and walks toward me and puts his left hand on my right shoulder. I look in his face and he smiles, says you are going to be alright, then walks away and sure enough I felt better so continued my way home....

Not sure what I think of it....thought I was dead, lol.
edit on 12-11-2013 by tayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

Best laugh I've had in a while!

But on a serious note: It was definitely an angel who saved you, OP. We all have at least one. And, I guarantee the Lord sends His strong angels to patrol where children are present. My family knows that from personal experience

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I've had two encounters with Angels. The first was a short conversation and the second time was a very indepth and long conversation. The first was female and the second was male. I've written about both accounts here on ATS in the Grey Area forum.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

benrl
I don't think your nuts,

I hold the faith I do, not because it makes sense or it's logic.

I hold it because I experienced things that couldn't or shouldn't of happened but did, things which had a similar effect, my life was saved.

That's what it took to make me change from being an atheist.

So while I can't explain what happened rationally, I know for myself that someone out there gots my back and cares about me enough to intervene.

A little divine intervention goes along way.

I've also experienced things that saved my life, couldn't be explained or shouldn't happen, but I am still an atheist.

Cause none of all those strange things, prove God or Angels or Afterlife...

Come on... admit it it is just wishfull thinging.

What you call Guardian Angels may just be another side of yourself, your subconsciousness working in self defense.
You must not underestimate the possible undiscovered ''supernatural'' functions of the brain

Todays supernatural, tomorrows science. Also being atheist doesn't mean no spirituality

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join