It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein was right...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
...human stupidity is infinite.

i won't point my fingers, but what's the point of posting deliberate lies, utter crap, stockpiles of BS and complete fairytales? all that while trying hard to look smart, so that the maximum number of ATS readers, that happened to be unaware of some even more stupid posts of such person, gets tricked? feeding the ego? trying to make fun of the community? to misdirect people? seriously, WTF?

we're all supposed to act peacefully and remain calm, respect other people and their opinions - but what about such idiots? creating thread after thread about hoaxes leads to a ban, but what about those posting BS in other's threads? spreading nothing but lies and fantasies? how can we tolerate such stupidity?

perhaps i'm just allergic to such crap, but it's not like i expect the internet to be free of idiots, morons and complete assholes. quite the opposite. what gets on my nerves though is when such persons use the very little intellect they have left to trick as many people in a place like this as they can, to believe in their lies.

DENY STUPIDITY.
THIS IS SPARTA!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

Hey... I think there are some people that post incorrect information on A.T.S. because they are misinformed, or they are brainstorming, or speculating, or make an honest mistake, or could be stupid, yeah.

The internet can be a hard place to find accurate information on, for one thing, studies show that it actually results in people finding themselves only reading and interacting with people of their own views, thus limiting their exposure to other views.

If we are talking about people reporting incorrect information on A.T.S., I would recommend taking that as an opportunity to present them with evidence countering their argument, or their information, especially. I would be most appreciative if you ever did that for me

I think a lot of incorrect information comes from values and beliefs that lead to bias- but it is sadly hard to get rid of those...

There is another person, Bernard, who posts entirely fabricated stuff on here just to troll... and he is banned every time.

In all Jedi, I believe you can make a difference by uncovering and responding to incorrect evidence or data when you come across it

edit on 10pmSun, 10 Nov 2013 19:11:41 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

i'm unaware of Bernard, but that's what i'm talking about. deliberate lies. entirely fabricated stuff.
not ignorance. just pure stupidity.
edit on 10-11-2013 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Unfortunately you are flogging a horse called deception and it has spread its manure throughout the world. There are those that purposely spread it in order to keep the masses ignorant of any truth that they may come upon. Ranting about it to the great unwashed is futile as they prefer to remain ignorant as once truth is known, one cannot return to the position of not knowing.

Should you desire to alter the situation, you will have to remove the deception at its source, this I am afraid is not possible. Therefore all you can do is point out the errors with absolute facts for anything short of that is in itself further spreading of the manure of deception by opinion.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

"I supersize with you" (from Idiocracy)

But really, take one of the latest post I saw you active on. Titled something like "Weird video..."
You were realy active early on and I was digging what you were putting down, you were making sense.

Other's were responding, some positive some negitive, many clearly not reading entire posts, viewing the entire video or visiting the links given in rebuttals or as supporting evidence.

That's typical of the average provocitive thread though.....isn't it?

I saw you get more and more aggravated. To the point of semi-ridiculousness shown on your part to defend your position.

It was time to back off
"some people you just can't reach" (Coolhand Luke)

And you did. But to some, once you showed that weakness it was to late and you were vilified for the remaining 40 some odd pages.

Lessoned learned? Self reflection? That's for you to know and the rest of us to find out.

Peace to you my friend, I always enjoy reading you posts and threads, G-snert

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

jedi_hamster
reply to post by darkbake

i'm unaware of Bernard, but that's what i'm talking about. deliberate lies. entirely fabricated stuff.
not ignorance. just pure stupidity.

I agree with you! Fluoride threads be damned to hell!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

pstrron
Unfortunately you are flogging a horse called deception and it has spread its manure throughout the world. There are those that purposely spread it in order to keep the masses ignorant of any truth that they may come upon. Ranting about it to the great unwashed is futile as they prefer to remain ignorant as once truth is known, one cannot return to the position of not knowing.

Should you desire to alter the situation, you will have to remove the deception at its source, this I am afraid is not possible. Therefore all you can do is point out the errors with absolute facts for anything short of that is in itself further spreading of the manure of deception by opinion.

wise words.
but in this case, it's not exactly like the masses are ignorant of the truth - they're just unaware of some facts, because those facts are way above their 'need to know' (detailed technical knowledge) - they may learn, it's all available for analysis, but it's just too much. so they may assume - seeing someone that 'seems' to know what he's talking about - that he's telling the truth, and such person is well aware of that fact and abuses it.

in some cases it's certainly deception. in some cases though, it looks like it's done for fun by some kid that was bullied at school and tries to repair his ego.

sometimes just pointing out the errors feels like something that won't change a damn.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Jeezzz Hampster. One might think that you are ranting about the same thing I did just several threads after yours.

Have a nice evening.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

i don't really care about other's negative opinions about me or my posts. but you're right, sometimes it's just hard to do anything else but backing off without a silent scream inside your head at the very ignorance and/or stupidity of some.

on one side, i couldn't care less. on the other, somehow it manages to make my blood boil. it's like the simple fact that intellectually the humanity is going downhill, that less and less people are willing to learn and able to think on their own, is something i can't stand.

PS. thanks

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

entirely different

luckily, i can ignore those your rant is about. unfortunately, there are worse cases.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

If it's any consolation I lurked on that thread since page 1. I felt I had nothing substancial to contribute. Instead I read every response, followed every link and had one hell of a journey and learned a thing or two.

I feel there is a silent contigency who listen, research along with the threads developments and come away a little wiser.

Sometime contributing way later....... or like me finally breaking silence on about page 38 to add my 2 cents.

So it may help you, like it does me, to realize that the most vocal participants are many time not the smartest and are just spouting off in a immature attempt to elevated their fragile egos!

edit on 10-11-2013 by grubblesnert because: spellin.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

it doesn't really help. it's the very thing that makes me cringe, and the more silent we become, the worse signal to noise ratio gets here, on ATS.

seeing threads turning from intelligent debates of learning and/or knowledgeable people into a stockpile of pointless posts fueled by ignorance and BS isn't good. everyone says something stupid sometimes, but FFS, there has to be some limit on how retarded can some people get.

top topics

join