It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover-up of Comet ISON information continues - why?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Riffrafter

DJW001
reply to post by Tallone

...that there is nothing unusual about this comet nor the amount of press it has been receiving.

Well, actually there are a number of things that are unusual about this comet, and which has been pointed out by astronomers and many serious comet watchers.

Now as to whether there is some "cone of silence" conspiracy or if the nature of the unusual behavior and observations add up to anything really extraordinary remains to be seen. It would depend on what is really causing the unusual behavior, and of course, who knew what & when.

I'm enjoying watching this one play out.

Seems a shame (and a funny co-inky-dink) that the satellite NASA has up there *specifically* to view and provide info on Comets like this suddenly became verklempt right before it would have been useful for ISON...

Starred you. No such things as coincidences in science. There is always a reason, usually a convergence of reasons.

What makes the failure of NASA to deliver any HD image of the surface of ISON or even a satisfactorily detailed image of any kind taken during its progress by Mars is their promise we would have those from either the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) or from the EPOXI/Deep Impact (DI) missions. The absence to many scientists and observers is a tad annoying, and yes even slightly worrying.

edit on 10-11-2013 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Tallone
What makes the failure of NASA to deliver any HD image of the surface of ISON or even a satisfactorily detailed image of any kind taken during its progress by Mars is their promise we would have those from either the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) or from the EPOXI/Deep Impact (DI) missions. The absence to many scientists and observers is a tad annoying, and yes even slightly worrying.

How could they take such images if there is no spacecraft vising ISON? MRO was designed to photograph the surface of Mars, it doesn't have the capabilities of a proper astronomical telescope.

A detailed image of a comet nucleus is only possible when a spacecraft visits it, or when it flies close to Earth and we use Goldstone radar.

Your acusations of NASA come from deluding yourself and not understanding the techological requirements.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Tallone

Have you heard of the electric universe theories?

You see the problem is that they are just theories and don't actually have evidence to back the claim.

Heck I have theories about unicorns, but that doesn't mean my theories are the truth.

All comet talk aside don't be knocking on tesla. His theories are being proved everyday. The Gov't has known since they stole all his work. We do know now he was right, everything has energy, it is all around us, in us, permeates us. It is everywhere. You have no idea how many break thrus have come from his research. Almost all of the advanced weapons emanated from his research. Many modern companies have benefited from his stolen work. We would have free energy and would be a different world right now, please don't knock the master.

As for the comet, I must agree the media pretty ho-hum about it. Not getting the attention you would think it deserves. It does appear to be a very different beast than we have seen before. I do agree it also does appear very strange we are not seeing high res photos, it is standard op to get this stuff out to the scientific community and I do think it is strange we are not seeing them. Maybe their waiting for it to get closer, I hope.

You could also say it plays into readings by the great Edgar Cayce.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Very suspicious indeed. I think Ison may bring with it the shock of the century.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

InhaleExhale
reply to post by Tallone

No, no. You go for it. Address the points one by one. A healthy debate. That is what I am all about. One by one, go ahead.

And yet you never reply to the posts showing multiple MSM articles on the Comet.

How come?

You quote the last part of Wildspaces post where at the beginning of that post there is a link to all the articles Google found in the past week,

what type of cover up media black out are you imagining, there have been at least 2 posts showing there isn't.

If I were to reply to each and every post I would want to get money for my time. I reply to posts that appear genuine. Posts that appear to be formed as statements masked as questions often enough are not by posters interested in a discussion much less than a debate. That is my experience on forums anyway.

For example, when you ask me to reply to a question like the one you have there, I first have to accept it seems that I am "imagining". But clearly that is not the perspective I present in the OP. No star for you.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I heard a rumor that ison has changed it's trajectory because of mars and the new info is that it will impact earths moon. Does this mean we will get pulverized by moon fragments? Will this kill the moon? What happens to earth without a moon or only part of moon left? What is going on. WTF.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Is this part of the radcon 5 alert posted on youtube? curious.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

cloaked4u
I heard a rumor that ison has changed it's trajectory because of mars and the new info is that it will impact earths moon. Does this mean we will get pulverized by moon fragments? Will this kill the moon? What happens to earth without a moon or only part of moon left? What is going on. WTF.

Of course rumors are always true

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

thruthseek3r
reply to post by Tallone

I am wondering right now with the current amount of comets we currently have into the sky if there could be something with our sun approaching the second sun of our binary star system. If I consider the fact the our solar system is a binary star system and that the second sun linked to ours has an asteroid belt like the one roughly following the orbit of neptune, then this could be on of the reason why we have that many comets being talked about lately.

Thruthseek3r

Yes, you could well be right.

The question of just how common are binary star systems seems entirely dependent on which expert you ask. But it would seem a little over half of the stars we observe are in a binary star system, that is according to the department of Astronomy at Cornell University. Astrophysicist Koji Mukai at NASA reckons "the fraction is very high… Of the stars nearest the Sun, about half are known to be in multiple systems."
There are other sources that will tell you that single star systems are more common, but the concensus appears to be in favor of more than half of the star systems being binary or multiple. Google search results here

Occams razor says that being the case we are likely ourselves to be in at least a binary star system.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Yeah, a rumor. I guess that means we are all safe. Thanks for that tidbit. We can all sleep safe, now that u say that.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

cloaked4u
reply to post by wmd_2008

Yeah, a rumor. I guess that means we are all safe. Thanks for that tidbit. We can all sleep safe, now that u say that.

Omg are you really not sleeping safe? It is just a f#$#%in comet like every other comet we see.

Why are so many idiots falling for this doom again???? again?? and again??

Why didn't the world end with Elinin or hale bopp, or lovejoy , or in 2012, or all those Harold Camping predictions ? I 'll tell you why, because it's all a bunch of B.S.

Some guy said it on youtube so it must be true ..

I will tell you 100% that this comet will just fly by and life will go on Just like the thousands of other comets that have done the same

100% guaranteed.. Remember you heard it here 100%

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Starred you. No such things as coincidences in science. There is always a reason, usually a convergence of reasons.

I absolutely agree with you re: coincidences. I often say I hate co-inky-dinks when in fact I have a love/hate relationship with them. I'm ok with one now & then as long as it isn't of critical importance to the issue at hand, but as soon as they start piling up you know something is afoot.

I've found them to be an invaluable signpost & tool when you're really trying to get at the root of an issue - especially a controversial issue.

Coincidence (and his close cousin synchronicity) almost always set my "spidey-sense" all a-tingly. And ATS is a great place to spot them as it covers so many topics that seem unrelated at first glance until you start connecting the dots...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Suppose this is true and the tail does contain fragments or loose meteorites how big would they be ?
Wouldn't this not just look like a meteor shower that burns up in our atmosphere.

And if we get this coma like mars from that comet what's the big deal about that? do we then have to look every evening clear nights to the aurora lights all over the world or something?
edit on 0b32America/ChicagoSun, 10 Nov 2013 17:18:32 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 10 Nov 2013 17:18:32 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I replied RUMOR, does not mean i believe, i only keep an open mind to all. Meaning, i pay attention to all and leave no stone unturned. Maybe u the kind that leaves stones alone and miss some TIDBITS of info. Just because u think not true does not make it so, thus check out. u glass kinda less half empty so to speak.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If you stay away from the fringe websites and dubious discussion boards on pseudo-astronomy, and stick with NASA/JPL, Space.com, and interviews with bonafide astrophysicists and astronomers.... You will find that ISON is just a normal comet that is probably not going to be the "Comet of the Century" like originally speculated.

It is going to pass real close to the Sun, as comets go, at perihelion. After that, it will brighten up, but the real experts are now saying it will be visible with the naked eye, but certainly not as bright as expected.

It is really the public that causes the MSM to catch fire on a comet, and the public is not seeing it, for the most part.
There will be more than enough coverage and spectacular images once the general public actually starts noticing it in the sky, but people are disappointed right now, and the real demand for updates has vastly diminished. Give it some time.
edit on 10-11-2013 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

It is true that this is debatable. The most common type of star are red dwarfs. They most commonly appear alone. In our neck of the universe solitary star systems are also more common. When it comes to yellow dwarfs (like our Sun) if they occur in a binary star system it is almost always with another yellow dwarf. So if you can't see a second sun and binary star systems are not common in our neck of space why do you entertain the idea of a second star over ISON being a normal comet?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If this comet would be dangerous we never had heard of its existence in the first place I guess.
Just like the one hitting Russia this January.

The real threat also described in this thread is fukashima that's a real silent kill shot if yiu ask me..
edit on 0b11America/ChicagoSun, 10 Nov 2013 17:56:11 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 10 Nov 2013 17:56:11 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

All comet talk aside don't be knocking on tesla.

Could you show me where I said anything about Tesla?

Because as far as I know I have never felt the need to discuss him and I really don't care to in the future.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Tallone
reply to post by Riffrafter

Riffrafter

DJW001
reply to post by Tallone

...that there is nothing unusual about this comet nor the amount of press it has been receiving.

Well, actually there are a number of things that are unusual about this comet, and which has been pointed out by astronomers and many serious comet watchers.

Now as to whether there is some "cone of silence" conspiracy or if the nature of the unusual behavior and observations add up to anything really extraordinary remains to be seen. It would depend on what is really causing the unusual behavior, and of course, who knew what & when.

I'm enjoying watching this one play out.

Seems a shame (and a funny co-inky-dink) that the satellite NASA has up there *specifically* to view and provide info on Comets like this suddenly became verklempt right before it would have been useful for ISON...

edit on 10-11-2013 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

OP, you might want to step back and do some research in the areas of optics, optical telescopes and telephoto vs. telescopic cameras.

NASA/JPL, the ESA, the Russian, Japanese (and other space programs) provide HD photos of small solar objects (IE planets, asteroids, comets, etc) only if they have a camera near said object.

It's all about size, distance and resolving power of the optics. It's also about what the equipment was designed for and what it is capable of.

The MRO in orbit around Mars is not the same as the Hubble Space Telescope. It was not designed to reorientate itself so that it could take pictures of celestial objects. It was designed to take HD pictures of the terrain of Mars. The optics on the MRO would not have given you any kind of high definition, high detailed photo of C/2012 S1.
You're asking for the MRO to take detailed photos of an object roughly 3.1 miles in diameter from a distance of 6,737,000 miles? (that's the closest that ISON got to Mars). You obviously need to learn more about the resolving power of optics.

The best photo it would have been able to take would have been about as comparable to the image that Deep Impact was able to take, which again, was many millions of miles from ISON. The only reason that DI was able to provide detailed photos of other comets before, was due to it's close proximity of those comets!

Here is a great example of what I'm talking about. This is the best image of the asteroid Vesta that the Hubble Space Telescope can produce:

That's a camera attached to a very powerful telescope, and that is the best it could do.

Here is a image of Vesta taken by the Dawn space craft as it orbited Vesta, using a camera and just a telephoto lens system:

You want HD photos of C/2012 S1 ISON? Then I suggest you quickly build a space probe with a camera system on it and send it to ISON. You'll need to get within a few hundred miles of it to get detailed pictures.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join