It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Accused of ‘Crimes Against Humanity’ at International Criminal Court

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

According to Egyptian newspaper El Watan, a group of Egyptian lawyers has submitted a complaint charging U.S. president Barrack Hussein Obama with crimes against humanity at the International Criminal Court.

According to the published text, the complaint begins by quoting Article 7/1 of the Statute of the International Criminal Court, titled “Crimes against humanity,” which is reproduced below:

Article 7

Crimes against humanity

1. For the purpose of this Statute, “crime against humanity” means any of the following

acts when committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against

any civilian population, with knowledge of the attack:

(a) Murder;

(b) Extermination;

(c) Enslavement;

(d) Deportation or forcible transfer of population;

(e) Imprisonment or other severe deprivation of physical liberty in violation of fundamental rules of international law;

(f) Torture;

(g) Rape, sexual slavery, enforced prostitution, forced pregnancy, enforced

sterilization, or any other form of sexual violence of comparable gravity;

(h) Persecution against any identifiable group or collectivity on political, racial,

national, ethnic, cultural, religious, gender as defined in paragraph 3, or other

grounds that are universally recognized as impermissible under international

law, in connection with any act referred to in this paragraph or any crime

within the jurisdiction of the Court;

(i) Enforced disappearance of persons;

(j) The crime of apartheid;

(k) Other inhumane acts of a similar character intentionally causing great suffering, or serious injury to body or to mental or physical health.

============

Charges against Obama by supporting the Muslim Brotherhood:

1) Crimes against humanity

2) Religious Persecution and Apartheid

3) Murder and Extermination

4) Deportation, Extortion, Kidnapping, and General Abuse of Copts

frontpagemag.com...

Since the US is not a signatory to the ICC, this procedure may not have teeth. But, as this effort is yet-another-flashlight shining on the cockroaches, it could be instrumental in building a groundswell of support to do something about these criminals (bush, et. al, obama) running our country.

It's about damn time!

edit on 9-11-2013 by juspassinthru because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
(Spoke too soon...lol.. Op Link is added)

I did just did go hunting around a bit and it looks like a variety of sources are picking up on this in the last 12-18 hours. Hmmm....

Well, the plot thickens.
edit on 9-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

* Here is the Original Source (You'll need to use the language selection at the top for English, most likely)

So... I'm a few semesters from taking anything on International law. Anyone have something more than a newspaper knowledge of how this actually works? It looks troubling for him, but what does this actually mean? (Aside from the partisan and strictly political nonsense, please, I'm serious about real world meaning?)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The title is misleading. He's not being accused of crimes against humanity at the ICC. As you stated, some Egyptian group is lobbing accusations towards Obama to the ICC. Whether or not the ICC would entertain such a charge is laughable, especially after seeing the same with Bush Jr. with nothing happening. In fact there was an actual tribunal in Malaysia for Bush, Cheney, et.al.:

FRANCIS BOYLE, PROF. INTERNATIONAL LAW, UNIV. OF ILLINOIS COLLEGE OF LAW: Well, Paul, thank you very much for having me on, and my best to your audience.

JAY: Thank you. So what were the charges? And tell us a bit about the process.

BOYLE: Well, the charges were twofold: first, torture, and then, second, since torture in wartime constitutes war crimes, the second charge were war crimes. There was four days of hearings by the prosecution and the defense. And then, on the end of the fifth day, the tribunal issued a unanimous judgment to the effect that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and five of their top lawyers advising them on this, including Yoo, Bybee, Haynes, and Gonzalez, Addington, were personally responsible for and guilty of torture and war crimes as defined by the Convention against Torture, to which the United States government is a party, and the four Geneva conventions of 1949, to which the United States government is a party as well.

JAY: Right. Now, under whose auspices was this process held? What kind of official status did it have?

BOYLE: The Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal Foundation is a private organization set up and chartered under Malaysian law. So it is a creature of Malaysian law.

therealnews.com...

Last I heard, all the above listed cockroaches are still crawling around in dark places....

Color me, not impressed. Sorry.
edit on 9-11-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Didn't Bush and Chenney have similar charges through their reign which amounted to nothing at all?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
The title is misleading. He's not being accused of crimes against humanity at the ICC. As you stated, some Egyptian group is lobbing accusations towards Obama to the ICC. Whether or not the ICC would entertain such a charge is laughable, especially after seeing the same with Bush Jr. with nothing happening. In fact there was an actual tribunal in Malaysia for Bush, Cheney, et.al.:

Last I heard, all the above listed coachroaches are still crawling around in dark places....

Color me, not impressed. Sorry.

The story reads that Egyption lawyers have submitted a complaint with the ICC. Unless you have a source in direct opposition to that, I don't know what you are talking about.

The The Kuala Lumpur War Crimes event is something completely different. Actually, the Kuala Lumpur event may carry more weight as far as taking action against our crimnal trash.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Keep in mind what I said above about being no form of expert on any level, so ready to be corrected by someone who is...but this doesn't look like much of a joke to me. At least, it's in the ICC's hands for filing in the circular files or taking it seriously.

Here is the Rome Statute Parties/Signatories/Non-Singnatories

Here is the Rome Statute for specific offenses it covers for charges. (Section 2)

BTW... It had been my understanding we hadn't signed this either. However, it shows the United States as one of a small number that are signatories to the Statute? (signed 31 December, 2000) Hmmmm.....

* Added for reference

( From First Link)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Too bad the USA doesn't officially recognise the ICC.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

Since the US is not a signatory to the ICC, this procedure may not have teeth. But, as this effort is yet-another-flashlight shining on the cockroaches, it could be instrumental in building a groundswell of support to do something about these criminals (bush, et. al, obama) running our country.

It's about damn time!

What a great example of writing style. I love our answer to the problem as well. The Spirit Rises in Physical Systems!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Per the ICC's website:

www.icc-cpi.int...

looking at current "situations and cases", I don't see anything about them investigating or taking on an investigation into the war crimes of Obama.

I see:

Situation in Uganda:

The case The Prosecutor v. Joseph Kony, Vincent Otti, Okot Odhiambo and Dominic Ongwen is currently being heard before Pre-Trial Chamber II. In this case, five warrants of arrest have been issued against [the] five top members of the Lords Resistance Army (LRA).

Situation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo:

In this situation, five cases have been brought before the relevant Chambers: The Prosecutor v. Thomas Lubanga Dyilo; The Prosecutor v. Bosco Ntaganda; The Prosecutor v. Germain Katanga; The Prosecutor v. Mathieu Ngudjolo Chui; The Prosecutor v. Callixte Mbarushimana; and The Prosecutor v. Sylvestre Mudacumura. Thomas Lubanga Dyilo, Germain Katanga and Bosco Ntaganda are currently in the custody of the ICC. Sylvestre Mudacumura remains at large.

Situation in Darfur, Sudan:

There are five cases in the situation in Darfur, Sudan: The Prosecutor v. Ahmad Muhammad Harun (”Ahmad Harun”) and Ali Muhammad Ali Abd-Al-Rahman (“Ali Kushayb”); The Prosecutor v. Omar Hassan Ahmad Al Bashir; The Prosecutor v. Bahar Idriss Abu Garda; The Prosecutor v. Abdallah Banda Abakaer Nourain; and The Prosecutor v. Abdel Raheem Muhammad Hussein.

(I skip a few)

Situation in Libya:

On 26 February 2011, the United Nations Security Council decided unanimously to refer the situation in Libya since 15 February 2011 to the ICC Prosecutor. On 3 March 2011, the ICC Prosecutor announced his decision to open an investigation in the situation in Libya, which was assigned by the Presidency to Pre-Trial Chamber I. On 27 June 2011, Pre-Trial Chamber I issued three warrants of arrest respectively for Muammar Mohammed Abu Minyar Gaddafi, Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi and Abdullah Al-Senussi for crimes against humanity (murder and persecution) allegedly committed across Libya from 15 until at least 28 February 2011, through the State apparatus and Security Forces.

I don't see Obama war crimes (would I like to? yes). Upcoming:

The OTP is currently conducting preliminary examinations in a number of situations including Afghanistan, Georgia, Guinea, Colombia, Honduras, Korea and Nigeria.

I don't see Egypt on the list nor would I expect it to or if it does would I expect it to move forward.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
BTW... It had been my understanding we hadn't signed this either. However, it shows the United States as one of a small number that are signatories to the Statute?

Its a two step process.
1. Signatory
2. Ratification

Lots of these things get signed simply for PR purposes because it looks really nice as "something you've done", but without the later ratification its completely meaningless.

Edit - I see Israel signed it on exactly the same date as the USA. Clearly some talking was going on there.
But like the USA, there's no way in hell that Israel would ever ratify the thing so it becomes law.

edit on amSaturdayfam1 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

From what I can find on the ICC's site, they have public listings of what has been recieved, evaluated and then a decision made to proceed on. In reading the Egyptian source paper for this whole thing, it appears this would only be in the early filing stage, and I saw nothing on the ICC site to give public access of the flow of incoming reports/filings on new matters.

Also, I found this, which appears to be an average U.S. citizen filing an ICC complaint against Obama and Co. in relation to Benghazi. Obviously, that hasn't gained traction to go beyond their evaluation stage...if it got that far. So, my impression is, anyone can submit a 'filing', and they'll pick what they deem to have merit and some ability to pursue?

Again...is anyone on here familiar with International Law as more than a passing thing or casual interest? There has to be someone at ATS who works directly in or closely with matters of international legal questions that can shed some light on what, if anything, this could mean ..even if taken to the extent the ICC can?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That's my entire point. The OP title is stating that Obama is being accused of war crimes at the ICC. This doesn't appear to be the case. Simply that some Egyptian lawyers filed paperwork that may or may not even be entertained let alone investigated. It's a huge leap from filing papers to the ICC making accusations.

The OP should read: Egyptian lawyers file war crimes charges on Obama at ICC.

Another words, nobody "at" the ICC is accusing Obama of anything. Like is said in the original post, title is misleading.

edit on 9-11-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Didn't Bush and Chenney have similar charges through their reign which amounted to nothing at all?
reply to post by webedoomed

I was wondering the same thing. If these same criminal acts were done by a smaller country, you can be sure the United States would act on arresting those leaders involved. Too often our government leaders escape any kind of criminal prosecution because smaller countries know the power of a countries military dictates who is untouchable and who can escape criminal prosecutions.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well, if nothing else at all, this has been a very interesting topic to research. First, I think it needs clearly pointed out that no treaty, even if ratified, supersedes the U.S. Constitution. Also, there is no way in this life or the next, while the US is a sovereign nation, anyone is arresting our President from outside the country. Not without a military capable of defeating ours or holding out against every last thing the US has to bring against a nation who...SOMEHOW..may successfully make some arrest on foreign soil. Never happening...not against the President's will. (And what President will ever willingly submit to an international court?)

Having said that, this isn't nearly as clear as I might have thought. Clinton was against it, then for it when his administration signed it in 2000. Bush was absolutely against it and didn't give them the time of day, either way. Contempt, if anything.

Obama has taken a very different tack, it seems....and that may bite him in the butt (politically) if anything filed against him there ever gains traction, IMO. Oh, that changes nothing stated in the beginning ...but then, The United States has all but destroyed nations by design through sanctions ..without caring if the nation 'believed it was legal' or not. No cooperation necessary ...and I suppose that could be an outcome in a real long stretch of possibilities.

Anyway... Enough speculation for me. For the record of seeing how Obama's administration has played footsie with the ICC in both support and opposition, at times, almost at the same time on different things...I found this to share:

US & ICC > Administration Update

That also has subheadings for history on both the Clinton and Bush administrations in reference to this and what real world things were said and done on it. Hope that helps....
edit on 9-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Here is a POTUS with a Nobel Peace Prize and now being accused of crimes against humanity, how insanely ironic.

How can anyone who is able to think for themselves not wonder what kind of world we live in and feel very sad .

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What a crazy world we have made for our selves. Banks that rob from us. Doctors that dont cure us and instead foist on us vaccines for a few quid from corps. Police who let the criminels go free (jimmy savile) and cover up for them. Murderers are awarded peace prizes, or are made peace envoys. Politicians who open their mouths and blatently lie to us. Teachers that dont really teach us, just get you to memorize tables as if they are the truth. Religions that abuse and rape our children. Our entire system is a complete farce, more like the trueman show or the matrix.
Up is down black is white and war is peace.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I still think we need to start a petition to have Obama apologize for excepting the Nobel and have him return it.

He has tarnished the Nobel peace prize as long as he holds it the award means nothing from here on out...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

illuminnaughty
What a crazy world we have made for our selves. Banks that rob from us. Doctors that dont cure us and instead foist on us vaccines for a few quid from corps. Police who let the criminels go free (jimmy savile) and cover up for them. Murderers are awarded peace prizes, or are made peace envoys. Politicians who open their mouths and blatently lie to us. Teachers that dont really teach us, just get you to memorize tables as if they are the truth. Religions that abuse and rape our children. Our entire system is a complete farce, more like the trueman show or the matrix.
Up is down black is white and war is peace.

This is a world most of us have created by ignorance and *inaction*.

History shows that once a critical mass of people have embarked on a course of action, they will pull the rest along with them. If we literally put one million people on the ground in DC demanding the arrest of obama and the bush cabal, you can bet your a** that something would happen.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I just wish for once I could turn fantasy into reality because I'd simply say...

"make it so number one"

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

If these same criminal acts were done by a smaller country, you can be sure the United States would act on arresting those leaders involved

You believe that tripe ? The US only acts in the its government self interest. Look on how it handles Israel and Saudi Arabia...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join