It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a Hard Time Dealing with Schizophrenia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
In 2012 i was diagnosed with schizophrenia. I have auditory hallucinations as well as it feels like there are thoughts being placed into my head, i also hallucinate the feeling of touch, which is called Tactile hallucinations.

I am not sure if i have visual hallucinations; as i have seen things i cannot explain and yet they seem to be so real.

It feels like i am communicating with "Something Else."

when i say things outloud or think to myself sometimes i get a tingling sensation around the crown of my head and it feels really good, better than an orgasm. I try to communicate with it as in ill ask myself questions almost as if i was praying and i would get a response. i get the tingling sensation alot when i think about time travel and myself/others from the future.

Random people come up to me and say "Thanks." and then i see a white bright light and they continue on as if it never happenned. Onetime i was thinking about how cool it would be if demonic spirits would possess people for me and the next day a woman in CVS started screaming " WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?" " IM POSSESSED." and then i saw a bright white light and everything was as if it never happened.

the conspiracy theorist in me at the time assumed that time travelers were manipulating time to make it so that the events i experienced never happened, and the bright white light i saw was when they would use timetravel to warp the past.

Sometimes it feels like thoughts are placed into my head that i have no control over; One time a thought came into my head that said "Thanks, says rick from the future." (one of my coworkers at the time.)
i had gotten the tingling sensation when this occured.

It all started at my grandma ritas house, i was living there for about three months. This is when i came down with schizophrenia or at best this is when i can describe the symptoms first happening. The mobile home would shake randomly and i would hear voices while i tried to meditate. A voice came to me and said "Isis" in a very sexy female voice. It came back again later while i was meditating and said " Its Nothing."

The thing is the voices I get sound like people I know. I really liked this girl and i get the tingling sensation when i ask myself if she was isis. because it was her voice. Another time i was laying on the couch at my mothers house and i heard her voice say " mommy's not going to come home drunk again."

The female voice comes to me every now and then, as a giggle or laugh in the background.
It was really pissed off at me oneday; I admit i was thinking evil things; And i wont say what the voice said this time but it yelled at me.

I was laying down thinking about myself in or from the future and i heard a very loud male voice say "accept."

I walked outside of grandmothers mobile home and i looked towards the sky. Onetime i saw a Tree with a perfect circle enclosed around it in the sky, but it was a cloud. Another cloud i saw looked like a stairway going up into the atmosphere. the last cloud that i saw looked exactly simba from lion king.

I dont know if i hallucinated these clouds or not and i didnt have a camera at the time. I thought I was looking at the tree of life and stairway to heaven in the clouds. I thought it was project bluebeam or something at first.

i am on medications for schizophrenia, i take 10mg fluphenazines twice a day. But I still feel the tingling sensation and it still feels like thoughts are being planted in my mind. I still hear the voices occasionally.

I thought everything, that I was possesed by demons, that the government was using advanced technology on me, i even thought that Humans from the Future were visiting me.

[snip]

They say i am possibly schizoeffective which means i am also depressed; they cannot tell whether or not the depression is a side effect from my medication or if its because of the experience ive been through.
i've become very isolated i dont even live in the same state as all of my old friends anymore so im all alone, i dont mean to be anti social but its very hard to start your life over in a new place and try to make friends with people.

edit on 8-11-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/8/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit-- Removed T&C violation.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

If I had a child plagued as you describe . . . I'd take them to

www.beinhealth.com...

They have reached the stage where they now can reportedly deliver from most cases of such within about 15 days of in-house care, teaching etc.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

BO XIAN

www.beinhealth.com...

They have reached the stage where they now can reportedly deliver from most cases of such within about 15 days of in-house care, teaching etc.

i dont know how to navigate that website all it says on its front page is.

"The mission of Be In Health is to nurture all people in the knowledge of God and His Kingdom,
equip the believer to minister, and establish generations of overcomers."

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Belcastro

BO XIAN

www.beinhealth.com...

"The mission of Be In Health is to nurture all people in the knowledge of God and His Kingdom,

I'm not sure that is going to help as these symptoms seem to be more physiological possibly brought on by chemicals. From the sites "What We Offer" menu:

For My Life™: For My Life™ is one week of intense teaching and application to bring wholeness to spirit, soul and body. We believe many diseases are the result of separation between God, yourself and others. You will be able to identify and resolve spiritual roots of disease. Some of the issues we help you deal with are fear, stress, guilt, self-hatred and rejection. These negatively impact the body, soul and spirit, thus causing disease. The program includes application around these spiritual root issues. Registration and fees are required for the program. To learn more about this program or to register, click here.

I'm not saying this will not help but it appears you are still suffering symptoms. Recommend talking to your doctor and tell him/her before anything else.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Bassago

Belcastro

BO XIAN

www.beinhealth.com...

I'm not sure that is going to help as these symptoms seem to be more physiological possibly brought on by chemicals. From the sites "What We Offer" menu:

For My Life™: For My Life™ is one week of intense teaching and application to bring wholeness to spirit, soul and body. We believe many diseases are the result of separation between God, yourself and others. You will be able to identify and resolve spiritual roots of disease. Some of the issues we help you deal with are fear, stress, guilt, self-hatred and rejection. These negatively impact the body, soul and spirit, thus causing disease. The program includes application around these spiritual root issues. Registration and fees are required for the program. To learn more about this program or to register, click here.

I'm not saying this will not help but it appears you are still suffering symptoms. Recommend talking to your doctor and tell him/her before anything else.

[snip]
I have already talked to my pyschiatrist(s) and doctors, case manager and therapist but i dont know if they can really do anything for my symptoms.
edit on 11/8/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit-- Removed T&C violation.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Sorry.

Here's what they offer:

www.beinhealth.com...

Here's a testimony related to schizophrenia as one of many devastating problems:

www.beinhealth.com...

. . .

I want to say up front that I understand what it means to hear many different, often contradictory paths and promises of health and healing. I’ve experienced what it means to repeatedly pursue those promises only to come up short somehow, to find less than was promised, and hoped for, and sincerely believed for. So, it is not lightly or prematurely that I write my testimony.

. . .

During the summer of 1998, a good friend of mine, also a long-time sufferer of CFIDS and MCS/EI, went to a seminar hosted by a Wycliffe mission center. A pastor, Henry Wright, was scheduled to speak about “Spiritually Rooted Diseases,” and she wanted to hear what he had to say. A couple years earlier a woman who had been healed of MCS/EI sent her a tape by Pastor Wright, who taught that this illness, as well as CFIDS, were spiritually rooted diseases, and if treated accordingly, were curable. She threw the tape away, as I would have! We had heard so much to the effect that our illnesses were all in our heads, and this seemed like a religious version of the same tune. And, being raised in the church from childhood, this sounded a little off—certainly nothing she’d heard of in Sunday school! However, as she heard more about what this pastor was saying, her spirit and a personal examination of scriptures bore witness with it.

. . .

She was worse off than I was in both diseases. She had nearly died several times from throat closure, and experienced severe muscle weakness and collapse in allergic reaction to chemicals and foods. She, as I did, had to use an industrial strength, chemical filtering face mask nearly anywhere outside her home. The final night of the seminar, the pastor led those who were sick in prayer, encouraging them to repent before the Lord of those things that were demonstrated as being a spiritual factor in their illness. She told me she prayed and was prayed for that evening and then she took off her mask—in a room full of chemically saturated people, carpet, and chairs—and was fine.

I could not argue with that. I knew her too well to deny that was a major change. Nor, as she continued to speak, could I argue with what was bearing witness in my own heart. This pastor taught that God knows how our bodies are wired together, that He created us to be very chemically responsive to what is happening in our spirit-man. For example, he explained, when a person panics, their cerebral cortex sends signals to the hypothalamus gland—the brain of the endocrine system. It in turn sends out impulses and chemicals that make the body respond with a faster heartbeat, slower metabolism, an adrenaline rush, dry mouth, shaking knees, etc. This is called a “fight or flight” reaction. Normally, this lasts only a few minutes. However, when a person is in bondage to fear, when stress and anxiety are a way of life, their body is going to respond very negatively. You weren’t wired to remain in constant “fight or flight,” and many serious illnesses are the result of just that.

. . .

It did. Three months later I began to see changes in my energy, in how I felt all over. I could think clearer, I could breathe more comfortably, I could eat small portions of once forbidden foods…. I began the process of “walk-out,” taking back the abundant life God promised me, with the Holy Spirit, and help from the family of God (tapes from Pastor Wright’s ministry helped tremendously). Within six months I was 80% well, and after a year, 100% well. The pain of fourteen years of life-devastating disease is now just a memory! God is good!

. . .

I want to note that my PhD is in clinical psychology.

I have not been to Georgia for ministry. I have corresponded somewhat with them. My housemate went for the week long seminar and was greatly helped.

Warning . . . this option will get tons of hostile rejection and accusations from the naysayers on ATS.

They cannot conceive that such an option might truly have something to offer from a Real Almighty God.

I just know that as a psychologist . . . neither psychology nor psychiatry have any lasting curative help for schizophrenia. Medicating the symptoms is not a very thorough or enduring solution, to me.

In any case, Pastor Wright has tons of cases under his belt now such that many (100's) MD's etc. are consulting with him from all across the country and around the world.

May God lead you to persist in your search until you are totally free.

Prayers and hugs,

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Im kind of scared with any options that has to do with religion because i sometimes get the tingling sensation when i think about religious things.

I was open to an exorcism once about halfway through my schizophrenia, my grandmother had set up an appointment with the catholic priest but i had backed out of it was kind of scared it would be like i see on the youtube videos. i was 100% convinced i was possesed by demonic spirits because i had started getting the tingling sensation when i asked if legion(many demons.) was possesing me.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I would enthusiastically recommend staying away from any 'Religious' solutions.
Anyone claiming PhD giving recommendation of a religious solution should be suspect.

From a Science perspective, however, there could very well be relief, and close at hand too.

Schizophrenia Psychosis Tied to 'Faulty Switch' In Brain - Psych Central

Schizophrenia is one of the most COMMON mental conditions with about 1 out of every 100 people presenting/experiencing symptoms.

Psychotic symptoms experienced by people with schizophrenia could be caused by a faulty “switch” in the brain, according to new research.

In a study published today in the journal Neuron, scientists at The University of Nottingham in the UK demonstrated that the severity of symptoms, such as delusions and hallucinations, is caused by a disconnect between two regions in the brain — the insula and the lateral frontal cortex.

The discovery could at some time form the basis for better, more targeted treatments for schizophrenia with fewer side effects, the researchers noted.

According the video, and the linked article, there's a potential solution that could eventually do away with symptoms in retraining the brain.

What does the solution involve?

Scary Surgery? No.

More drugs? No.

Magnets and Meditation? Actually, Yes.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation combined with Meditation could 'retrain' the brain's Insula to propagate proper folding where in turn the condition could be mitigated.

delusions and hallucinations, is caused by a disconnect between two regions in the brain — the insula and the lateral frontal cortex.

Previous observations from this research group uncovered the presence of unusually smooth folding patterns of the brain over the insula region in patients, suggesting an impairment in the normal development of this structure in schizophrenia.

The researchers are also looking at a technique called TMS — transcranial magnetic stimulation — which uses a powerful magnetic pulse to stimulate the brain regions that are malfunctioning. Researchers believe that delivering a pulse to the frontal lobe could stimulate the insula and reset the switch.

Other treatment options could include the use of a compassion-based meditation therapy called mindfulness, which may have the potential to reset the switch, as well as promote physical changes within the brain. These ideas are in its early stages at present, but may deliver more focused treatment approaches in the longer term, researchers conclude.

Thus, we have magnets and meditation.
Of course, this isn't any New Agey application of refrigerator magnets, crystals and unguided navel staring to get in touch with one's 'higher self' or anything such. These are focused techniques using medical equipment for TCM, and specific focus concentration in meditative application.

edit on 11/8/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

I've never heard of that option before, but the psychiatrist i went to had told me that my schizophrenia was because of a dopamine balance in the brain.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Belcastro
In 2012 i was diagnosed with schizophrenia. I have auditory hallucinations as well as it feels like there are thoughts being placed into my head, i also hallucinate the feeling of touch, which is called Tactile hallucinations.

I am not sure if i have visual hallucinations; as i have seen things i cannot explain and yet they seem to be so real.

It feels like i am communicating with "Something Else."

when i say things outloud or think to myself sometimes i get a tingling sensation around the crown of my head and it feels really good, better than an orgasm. I try to communicate with it as in ill ask myself questions almost as if i was praying and i would get a response. i get the tingling sensation alot when i think about time travel and myself/others from the future.

Random people come up to me and say "Thanks." and then i see a white bright light and they continue on as if it never happenned. Onetime i was thinking about how cool it would be if demonic spirits would possess people for me and the next day a woman in CVS started screaming " WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?" " IM POSSESSED." and then i saw a bright white light and everything was as if it never happened.

the conspiracy theorist in me at the time assumed that time travelers were manipulating time to make it so that the events i experienced never happened, and the bright white light i saw was when they would use timetravel to warp the past.

Sometimes it feels like thoughts are placed into my head that i have no control over; One time a thought came into my head that said "Thanks, says rick from the future." (one of my coworkers at the time.)
i had gotten the tingling sensation when this occured.

It all started at my grandma ritas house, i was living there for about three months. This is when i came down with schizophrenia or at best this is when i can describe the symptoms first happening. The mobile home would shake randomly and i would hear voices while i tried to meditate. A voice came to me and said "Isis" in a very sexy female voice. It came back again later while i was meditating and said " Its Nothing."

The thing is the voices I get sound like people I know. I really liked this girl and i get the tingling sensation when i ask myself if she was isis. because it was her voice. Another time i was laying on the couch at my mothers house and i heard her voice say " mommy's not going to come home drunk again."

The female voice comes to me every now and then, as a giggle or laugh in the background.
It was really pissed off at me oneday; I admit i was thinking evil things; And i wont say what the voice said this time but it yelled at me.

I was laying down thinking about myself in or from the future and i heard a very loud male voice say "accept."

I walked outside of grandmothers mobile home and i looked towards the sky. Onetime i saw a Tree with a perfect circle enclosed around it in the sky, but it was a cloud. Another cloud i saw looked like a stairway going up into the atmosphere. the last cloud that i saw looked exactly simba from lion king.

I dont know if i hallucinated these clouds or not and i didnt have a camera at the time. I thought I was looking at the tree of life and stairway to heaven in the clouds. I thought it was project bluebeam or something at first.

i am on medications for schizophrenia, i take 10mg fluphenazines twice a day. But I still feel the tingling sensation and it still feels like thoughts are being planted in my mind. I still hear the voices occasionally.

I thought everything, that I was possesed by demons, that the government was using advanced technology on me, i even thought that Humans from the Future were visiting me.

I had smoked that herbal incense stuff for about a year and they say that is what triggered my schizophrenia. They say I am at that age in males when schizophrenia develops; and that "spice, K-2, D-ZL" contributed to it.

They say i am possibly schizoeffective which means i am also depressed; they cannot tell whether or not the depression is a side effect from my medication or if its because of the experience ive been through.
i've become very isolated i dont even live in the same state as all of my old friends anymore so im all alone, i dont mean to be anti social but its very hard to start your life over in a new place and try to make friends with people.

Often, not always, the symptoms you describe stem from the intrusion of certain beings upon you. Not exactly possession and not as in the exorcist. Since the has happened late in life, you are well within your rights to demand, according to the inherent law of freewill, that said beings need to get out of your head for good. At some level you have given them permission to ride along in your body, so you need to forcefully, and without any wavering, revoke permission. Keep in mind, they do nothing for you at all, nothing. You give them energy and a ride on the earth. Revoke permission. I would do this outside, in a park like, neutral setting. stick with holding your ground and revoking permission for anyone or anything at anytime from hanging on to you. see how that works.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hi, I actually signed up just now after a couple years lurking because I felt a need to respond...

Most of my life I have had similar experiences (tingles/voices), and am not schizophrenic. The sun even told me a joke last year... no drugs, booze or meditation involved. Just having morning coffee on the beach musing, I asked a question. got a punchline answer.

At first, twenty odd years ago, I went to doctors for depression, mania etc. Nothing worked. I was lonely and isolated, self medicating with drugs and still nothing worked. Years later I came to accept that it is just who I am, and no thanks to all the medication.

Now I am a happy, extremely creative person with a fair job, awesome family, zany friends and all the goodies that come with working hard. I worked hard on myself and even harder on self acceptance.

Be careful with diagnosis and get a second, third, even fourth opinion if any of it makes you uncomfortable. Your young life is worth it. By its nature, the human mind cannot see the big picture so your normal may just be out of the bandwidth of "average" normal, which is what I truly feel my unusual experience of this life to be.

Perception is everything.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Im sorry you're having problems... but to me this sounds like you've been blessed with a gift...

Perhaps you're actually an "open channel" for spirits to communicate through?

I've heard of this happening to other people... many of which don't know how to "turn it off" so to speak...

Im not a doctor or anything so what do I know, but it seems to me that if you're hearing voices, there might be a reason for it...

In any case I don't believe in medication, I think adding chemicals to the situation will only add problems to the existing issue... just my opinion but again what do I know

I would practice meditation if I were you...

Just my two cents

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Nice...

It's been a while since a thread reminded me that being sane is quite often taken for granite.

Good luck...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Belcastro

I've never heard of that option before, but the psychiatrist i went to had told me that my schizophrenia was because of a dopamine balance in the brain.

Unaware of the particulars of your condition, I won't advance agreement, or disagreement with your physician.

I might suggest bringing up the issue as illustrated here with the Insula and Lateral Frontal Cortex, and request MRI for comparative analysis to see if you might present as a good candidate for treatment options described.

A second or even third opinion from physicians shouldn't be of any harm either.
In the end, your satisfaction and response to treatment options is what matters.
Your physician is there to work WITH you.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Belcastro

Unaware of the particulars of your condition, I won't advance agreement, or disagreement with your physician.

I might suggest bringing up the issue as illustrated here with the Insula and Prefrontal Cortex, and request MRI for comparative analysis to see if you might present as a good candidate for treatment options described.

A second or even third opinion from physicians shouldn't be of any harm either.
In the end, your satisfaction and response to treatment options is what matters.
Your physician is there to work WITH you.

I originally had an MR
I of the brain and i still have the CD of the mri,

nothing was wrong with my brain supposedly everything checked out there they said.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
OP.. *I am by no means an expert*, nor do I play one one ATS...BUT...I just read an article today about diet and it's impact on schizophrenia. Specifically gluten. When Gluten intake goes up, the reported cases of schizophrenia go up.

In the past I've read articles about undiagnosed strep and schizophrenia.

Basically, there is a working theory that schizophrenia maybe related to
gut biology and an auto-immune response.

Maybe research those factor's a bit. All the best to you OP, especially peace.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I would like to both thank the OP and commend him.
My compliments Bel. I'm sitting here trying to imagine
the courage it takes for you to try and move forward
into each day.
BTW
Jesus loves you.

SnF
edit on 8-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Certainly an understandable response.

It is conceivable that one could interpret that as evidence of a NEED for a spiritual solution.

Certainly demonic forces work hard to maintain their hold on a life, a brain etc.

I think that's one reason that with schizophrenia . . . IIRC . . . Henry Wright requires the person to be in residence in Georgia for the 15 days. They want to be sure that the person has learned how to stay free and is committed to staying free and healed.

There's a lot of hokey stuff in the deliverance field.

Bob Larson has quite a following. I tend to not be thrilled with his style. And, he seems to be overly convinced of his wonderfulness for my taste.

Henry Wright is no nonsense but also loving and kind and matter of fact--not all fussed up with his position etc.

Neil Anderson's bk BONDAGE BREAKER can be useful.

Henry Wright's book is A MORE EXCELLENT WAY and has a DVD, when bought from him, IIRC.

CERTAINLY with schizophrenia as well as a list of other maladies . . . WHAT ONE FOCUSES ON MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

RESISTING--RELENTLESSLY RESISTING the external . . . seemingly internal . . . voices and their instructions CAN eventually result in their leaving one alone.

However, imho, with re to schizophrenia it is wise to have a potent team help with the process . . . a team with proven success in such matters. There aren't many that I know of. I actually can't think of another team that has such a proven record. I have heard of some succeed occasionally but IIRC, his team is the only one with persistent success with schizophrenia.

Certainly the battlefield is the mind. The enemy has a field day in the minds of millions of people--twisting their thinking to his ends--without schizophrenia. imho, schizophrenia is an added complexity of that old game.

Yes, I'm aware of the physiological correlates with schizophrenia. IT's not really clear . . . though my reading is not current on the topic . . . it's not really clear what comes first . . . the physiological abnormality or the stinking thinking that results in a physiological abnormality. We know that persistent speaking and/or thinking in a certain way can change even our DNA.

Certainly, in my experience, freedom requires an emphatic virtually desperate desire to be free.

The woman at Wright's link with so many chronic problems was desperate for many years and underwent much prayer and maybe even some deliverance sessions. Nevertheless, there were evidently some stinking thinking habits that took the insights Pastor Wright was shown by God in order for her to be free and lastingly free.

Blessings,

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'm the same way. i cain't trust NO ONE. I have to constantly text/call my girlfriend so i feel better about our relationdhip. I so insecure. I have to do this so, i feel better about myself, it is not that i don't care, i just don't trust anyone. People who are in my circle who know me the most, ignore me. I hate that, they are the ones i am suppose to rely on and, i cain't. I seem to always have new friends, i don't undwerstand why. I think society hates me and i put up with sooo much interruption. I cain't figure it out why people don't like me. I try to be nice, but i am constantly bombarded by things i do not like. should i take the red pill or not.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Belcastro

I originally had an MR
I of the brain and i still have the CD of the mri,

nothing was wrong with my brain supposedly everything checked out there they said.

If attention was given the relationship between and the morphology of the Insula and Lateral Frontal Cortex, especially in light of these recent findings, then, you may not present as a good candidate for TCM treatment.

I still recommend addressing this relation with your physician as such may not have been a focus of the MRI, and these research results are still relatively new. Ask your physician to humor you in regard to the relation between and morphology of Insula and Lateral Frontal Cortex as described.
Print out the article, or send your physician an email with the article linked.
It won't hurt to ask.

Further, another MRI isn't surgery. It's not going to do you any harm, or disrupt your current treatment program.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join