It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a Hard Time Dealing with Schizophrenia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

If attention was given the relationship between and the morphology of the Insula and Lateral Frontal Cortex, especially in light of these recent findings, then, you may not present as a good candidate for TCM treatment.

I still recommend addressing this relation with your physician as such may not have been a focus of the MRI, and these research results are still relatively new. Ask your physician to humor you in regard to the relation between and morphology of Insula and Lateral Frontal Cortex as described.
Print out the article, or send your physician an email with the article linked.
It won't hurt to ask.

Further, another MRI isn't surgery. It's not going to do you any harm, or disrupt your current treatment program.

edit on 11/8/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

I dont think i can afford another MRI, and im pretty sure my insurance might not cover it.
The best i can do is go off of my existing MRI
edit on 8-11-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

link   

Belcastro
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

I've never heard of that option before, but the psychiatrist i went to had told me that my schizophrenia was because of a dopamine balance in the brain.

You should bring up to your doctor the possibility of OCD, or obssessive compulsive tendencies residing in actual thought patterns. Meaning, your "ticks" aren't twitching or "Doing" a specific thing, your tick is thinking in a certain way.

The reason I bring this up is because I have known people who took psychotropic drugs (for dopamine imbalance) which didn't have a greatly reducing effect, whereas SSRI's (Selective seratonin reuptake inhibitors) helped reduce symptoms.

Also, are you taking any anti-anxiety medications? Anxiety in and of itself can trigger greater symptoms.

I can tell you this friend, when I dabbled in thought projection and "interconnectedness" with other people's minds, lets just say I got a severe mental ass kicking for even messing with it.
edit on 8-11-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Belcastro

I believe that this thread and the ref'd book could be of great value to you re ATTACHMENT DISORDER:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

Im not on anti-anxiety medications but anxiety i have.
The psychiatrist said he isnt sure if its a side effect of the fluphenazine.
i used to take two valiums a day prescribed to me by my first psychiatrist and it made me like zone out way too much and be drowsy all the time so i asked him to stop prescribing me valiums.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

imho, The insecurity MUST have it's origins in significant ATTACHMENT DISORDER.

The thread and book above can give you a ton of insight and some hope on that score.

I know more than most folks I know that it can seem difficult to impossible to find true friends, mentors, replacement father figures . . . even in the better churches, sadly. However, it doesn't hurt to ask God to send such your way and to keep your eyes open discerningly.

And, even the best of individuals will eventually let one down. No one is perfect.

One of my long dark nights of the soul began to lift after I started focusing on clerks and others I met out in public--virtually on the street--doing kind things for people who couldn't give back, so to speak.

Even going to old folks' homes and hospitals to spend time with lonely folks can help you feel better about yourself.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Belcastro

i used to take two valiums a day prescribed to me by my first psychiatrist and it made me like zone out way too much and be drowsy all the time so i asked him to stop prescribing me valiums.

imho,

you show a ton of resilience and decisiveness way above average for such a malady. That's a great sign.

YOU CAN get better. You CAN use your dogged tenacious decisiveness to focus on constructive stuff and pay less attention to the destructive ruminations etc.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Belcastro

There's a mild, but highly effective anti-anxiety called Klonopin (clonazapam). Ask your doctor about it if you're interested.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

1Providence1

Belcastro

I've never heard of that option before, but the psychiatrist i went to had told me that my schizophrenia was because of a dopamine balance in the brain.

You should bring up to your doctor the possibility of OCD, or obssessive compulsive tendencies residing in actual thought patterns. Meaning, your "ticks" aren't twitching or "Doing" a specific thing, your tick is thinking in a certain way.

The reason I bring this up is because I have known people who took psychotropic drugs (for dopamine imbalance) which didn't have a greatly reducing effect, whereas SSRI's (Selective seratonin reuptake inhibitors) helped reduce symptoms.

Also, are you taking any anti-anxiety medications? Anxiety in and of itself can trigger greater symptoms.

I can tell you this friend, when I dabbled in thought projection and "interconnectedness" with other people's minds, lets just say I got a severe mental ass kicking for even messing with it.
edit on 8-11-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

Are you talking about things like the law of one?
that gave me a trip too. for a while i thought everyone and everything was made out of imagination or thought. and that the substance of the universe was counciousness.
edit on 8-11-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

How old are you?
Early 20's?

Conspiracy theories are probably not the best thing to invest your time and mind in. What kind of schizophrenia? Not paranoid or persecuted?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The spirit woman you talk about, Isis, seems to be trying to help you through this. It doesn't seem to make you do bad things, it seems to be steering you the right way.

I have heard some bad reactions to some of the illegal drugs on the market today. They cause changes to the brain. I don't believe most of the drugs for skitzo work well either in half the cases. The washing of the brain with chemicals that give you that feeling is not supposed to be happening that often, I am not sure what is causing it.

The big thing is to understand that these beings that are talking to you, real or unreal, are not something that you should let influence you to do anything evil. You are still in control of your mind. You can live with this and get use to it without going looney. You must remain civil and normal acting if you can. Get a hobby to focus your mind on what others think is real. I believe there is a lot more going on in this world than we are told exists but I don't get carried away with talking about it.

The chances of a catastrophe happening around where you live is real, it can happen anywhere. Prepping is smart not crazy. Yet some people act like you are crazy if you stock a months supply of food and see a need for alternate heat.....FEMA is telling people to prepare yet half the people ignore this and these people look at those who listen and prepare as they are nuts. I think we have a problem in society and I think this problem exists in some of the people who think their perception of reality is real. I think the ones running the country are a little disconnected with reality. I think some that are saying others are crazy are actually a little crazy.

I guess if you think you may be nuts, you really aren't. A person who is crazy will think they are sane, everyone else is crazy to them. You can't distinguish reality from fiction well if you are crazy I guess.

I personally just think most others aren't aware of what is real. Believing in conditioning that is part of society does not make you crazy in that society but it does effect people's perception of your sanity if you go to a different location where people see things different. People from other countries think Americans are just a little too nuts a lot. I guess we are, to them.

I am just trying to tell you to try to fit in with others, try to act sort of as they do. You have lost your conditioning and proper filtering of the mind, you need to rebuild it. I won't say that you should stop your medicines, you may need them. My TLE triggers super brain excitement sometimes but it just messes up my thought train, I try to limp along and stay away from situations in that case. It I eat too much sugar, I don't shut up and go on and on about what new things I am learning and how to apply it to situations. I actually bore most people in reality, they would rather talk about cars, women, snowmobiles, fourwheelers, and building projects than the psychotropic and metabolic effects of foods. They want to complain about the costs of meds instead of finding how to alter the diet so they don't need the meds. I sound like I do not fit into my old life anymore, I have acquired new interests. I am now considered a little nuts by the people I knew because I do not get exited about hunting and fishing anymore.

Oh well, it is nice being a little nuts. As long as someone doesn't try to make me into an M and M I will be fine.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
I would enthusiastically recommend staying away from any 'Religious' solutions.

Why? A solution is a solution. Isn't solving the problem the whole point? What difference does it make where the solution lies?

Or do you just hate religion, therefore anything associated with it must be bad...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Growing up I had a friend who's oldest brother developed schizophrenia around 30 he went from normal to full blown zombie, he had his good days and his bad days sometimes he was just so doped up it was hard to tell. Watching someone go through that is hard to understand as a kid my heart goes out to you, I pray we find some kind of cure for this tragic illness.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It sounds like you may have something called "Kundalini Syndrome"

Some of the symptoms can mimic schizophrenia.

Research kundalini syndrome or "premature kundalini awakening symptoms"

The treatment is totally different, with kundalini medications can actually make it worse...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

There's also a good read called Psychosis or Spiritual Emergence on the web as a pdf.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

NthOther

AliceBleachWhite
I would enthusiastically recommend staying away from any 'Religious' solutions.

Why? A solution is a solution. Isn't solving the problem the whole point? What difference does it make where the solution lies?

Or do you just hate religion, therefore anything associated with it must be bad...

Clergy is there for offering and suggesting religious 'solutions'.

If a subject desires to take stock in pursuing a religious "solution", then, more power to them.
Physicians suggesting such? That's bad medicine.
When these religious "solutions" start producing verifiable repeatable consistent results, then, we might have something worth talking about.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

OBVIOUSLY YOU have NOT investigated Pastor Wright and

his team's 'VERIFIABLE REPEATABLE CONSISTENT RESULTS.'

By your own words, your stance on this issue is hypocritical.

Being Pentecostal, I'm as hostile to hokey stuff under the Christian label as anyone can honorably be.

However, I'm just as fierce for the authentic.

Pastor Wright bombarded God for a decade or so about why only 5% of the cases he prayed for got healed. Finally, God began showing him why.

When I first became aware of Pastor Wright, I don't think he tackled schizophrenia that much. In the years I've been keeping occasional tabs on him, he's not only tackled it but achieved VERIFIABLE REPEATABLE CONSISTENT RESULTS. Praise God for that.

BTW, God has healed amputees and will do so increasingly in this END TIMES era. You can research Smith Wigglesworth or watch Curry Blake's videos on YouTube. In the Wigglesworth case, the shoe salesman was as shocked as the man without the foot was as the foot grew into the new shoe in seconds.

For MD's to know of Pastor Wright's successes and to then NOT avail their patients of such solutions--THAT--would be horrific. To know to do good, and do it not = EVIL.

Sheesh what brazenly obtuse bias.

Sigh.

BTW, Curry Blake somewhat disagrees with Pastor Wright. Curry declares his (or his team's) faith is sufficient for your healing. He also has been training other teams around the USA and around the world. I love Curry Blake's personality. He took up where John G Lake left off. His seminars are available free on YouTube. I like his FREELY HE HAS RECEIVED, FREELY GIVE stance.

Curry has, IIRC, facilitated healing of schizophrenia but I don't think it has been a major focus and I don't know what his success rate on it is.

I also love Curry because he's simply funny and very practical, down-to-earth.

BTW, schizophrenia is a catch-all for a collection of more discrete, specific maladies. It's not just one homogeneous brain problem.

Curry Blake on youtube is more about healing but also spiritual warfare. He's humorous and very practical and down to earth as well as Biblical. He's a riot to watch/listen to. He trains folks around the country as well

CURRY BLAKE: HOW TO TURN YOUR LIFE AROUND

www.youtube.com...

Curry Blake New man series session 1

www.youtube.com...

Curry Blake whole listing:

www.youtube.com... .1.11.youtube.bKfgS4x9X_M

= = =

BTW, I personally think it's extremely hazardous to hinder folks from seeking God's solution to their problems.

It has been my experience that we ALL persistently HARVEST what we have SOWN.

Dogmatically and cheekily hindering folks from seeking God's solution is begging to end up in a situation where God alone can bring a solution to a personal problem. That would be doubly tragic, imho.

There are deceptive & destructive spiritual forces to avoid, reject and send packing.

Holy Spirit is NOT one of such. HE IS THE ONE by Whom The Father, through Christ, created all that is. He ought to well know how to repair whatever He chooses to repair.

edit on 9/11/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Decided to reply to this thread as I can relate to the OP and it caught my attention.

Im sorry to hear that your'e having such a difficult time, I've suffered from severe bipolar disorder and OCD almost all of my life but later on realized that the medications I was on, (lithium, depakote, abilify and later replaced by geodon, prozac, basically a handful of meds everyday) was making my situation vastly worse than it was.

I got off all of my meds and now I feel almost 100% fine all the time with the exception of some anxiety now and then. BTW i am in no way advocating that the OP should discontinue his medicine regimen. Just thought id share what I did for my issues, now my doctor thinks he misdiagnosed me all those years ago.. that personal story aside, I can relate to the tingling feeling on the crown of your head, not really a "new age" person, but I did a lot of reading regarding chakras and the like.

Meditation seemed to amplify the tingling for me and i still get it on rare occasions. In my humble opinon, which may or may not be valuable to you, I suggest you read whatever you can get your hands on and maybe join some support forums.

I have alot of experience in dealing with psychiatrists and therapists and usually 50% of them either dont fully understand what they are talking about or just want to rush through sessions or use you as a guinea pig for new and potentially dangerous medications.. thats just my experience, but its always a good idea to get a second and even third opinion on things like this as well as reading up and understanding these things yourself.

I can also relate to the hallucinatons and delusions, sometimes with severe bipolar disorder those can happen as well. One such experience involved a severely loud digital noise in my head followed by a voice that said "your download is now complete".

Needless to say that sounds a little insnane to say the least but at the time, I was convinced that I was living in a virtual reality, since I lost the meds nothing like that has happened for the 2 years I've been without them. I researched gang stalking extensively and finally discounted it as a possibility. But like others have said, get a second, maybe even third opinion on matters such as this.

Read up about anything you can that might help you understand whats going on. Alot of people misunderstand these sorts of mental illnesses, but if its any consolation I'll offer a great quote.

“Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.” -- Edgar Poe

In my exeperience, many of the people I meet with similar issues are some of the most intelligent, imaginative individuals I've ever seen. I keep my sanity in check with various hobbies, I tinker with electronics and programming and have invented a few things as well as artistic endeavors in my spare time. As the saying goes, Idle hands are the devils playground, perhaps in your spare time you might persue a few interests that you havent persued before. It certainly helps me

edit on 9-11-2013 by freakishlaughter because: Reformatted "Wall of Text"

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by freakishlaughter

Readers typically scroll past WALLS OF TEXT without paragraphing every 5-7 lines or so.

All the more so with eyes as old as mine.

If you paragraph your posts with lots of micro-rest providing white space between, a lot more folks might read it.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

My guess is that your either one of the following three things

1. Gone or in process of going mad

2. You are the reincarnated spirit of Isis

A voice came to me and said "Isis" in a very sexy female voice. It came back again later while i was meditating and said " Its Nothing."

or 3. Your prone to exaggerating stories, and the story you told is to fill in the void for your self described loneliness.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Apologies, Havent slept in a while and I type fast when hopped up on coffee. Hope thats better.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
They wired you up bro, the voices are a mystery to me as well, they are life like, but dont seem to fully understand. You can partially disconnect your audio and tactiles by using energy movement techniques and mental force inside your body and outside as well. if you want help learning how, it has worked for 3-4 other schiz's before for me. So i knlw it works better than the anti-spychotics. Just ask ill tell you privately.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join