It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got My Insurance Cancellation Letter Today (Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

ladytamatha
reply to post by marg6043

Honestly, I really don't know. I don't have access to television. I don't know what the television is telling everyone. I can only state, what was said to me. Maybe, I misunderstood? He seemed to know what he was talking about. I didn't get to ask him a lot of questions. I wanted too, but I didn't push. He seemed guarded. I don't blame him. I don't know if the information is true or false. I only know, what he said. I even asked him to repeat himself. I couldn't believe my ears. I wanted to make sure I heard him right. His response really caught me off guard. He repeated... It is a tax. If you don't pay. You will go to jail. Then he turned and walked away. The conversation was over. I didn't get to ask anymore questions. It is run by the IRS. If you don't pay the yearly tax and comply with the new law, (what ever it is?) you will go to jail. I hope I misunderstood. If I did, please forgive me. I don't have a T.V. =)

You missed my post. The IRS has no teeth to collect this tax. It is still being argued if they can withhold it from a refund. Here is another article with similar information:
ACA penalty toothless

Nobody is going to jail over this. Stop watching Weazel News.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

That's like saying "oh don't worry, the U.S. would never use NDAA on it's own citizens, it has no teeth for that". I wouldn't be so sure. The IRS goes after plenty of people daily for not paying their taxes. This just adds to those owed taxes.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

IAMTAT
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

I TOTALLY blame the Democrats...This law passed without a single Republican vote.

The Politician Republicans played the game well to provide the divide and conquer game.
Bet you they won't repeal obamacare when "Republican Politicians" are in control.
Politicians along with their cronies have no problem repealing things like Glass Steagal when there is a lot of money to be made.

The ones that pushed for Obamacare did not start on Main Street but started with Washington DC Politicians and their corporate cronies that do not subscribe to any particular political party. Kind of like Wall Street Backing either "party"

The Investor Class in America reaches into all our pockets to fatten their wallets a little bit more.

www.breitbart.com...

HEALTH CARE INDUSTRY SPENT $243 MILLION IN 2013 LOBBYING OBAMACARE

The Center for Responsive Politics reports that the health-care industry spent over $243 million lobbying on health care issues through the first six months of 2013. No other industry sector spent more lobbying Congress and the federal government. The industry is on-pace to match its 2012 lobbying of around $500 million.

As they say, follow the money and look at the stock charts for those in the healthcare industry

Insurance Giants that Wrote and Lobbied for Healthcare Law Cash In

Blue Cross Blue Shield

United Healthcare (UNH)

Aetna Group Inc. (AET)

Molina Healthcare, Inc. (MOH)
static.infowars.com...

Humana Group Inc. (NYSE: HUM)

Cigna Corp. (NYSE: CI)

Coventry Health Care Inc. (CVH)

Superior Health Plan – Owned by Centene Corp. (CNC)

In a time where most people in this country are taking paycuts and experiencing wage deflation, The Healthcare and Insurance Industry do not want to take a paycut and want everyone to step up and pitch in to help prop them up.
The real communists in this country are the Large Corporations and Banks in this country that pay off politicians to prop them up at everyone else's expense. I am so sick of the cronyism that infests this country.

It is not Liberals and Republicans that have brought us to this point but DC politicians and their corrupt cronies.

edit on 6-11-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
My wife and my insurance went from 65 a week to 88 a week for similar coverage. Our deductible would have went from 500/750 to 1500/2500. The rest was not as good as what we had before. That was for the premier option. We had to go with the middle option, which was 62 a week because we just can not afford that much more per week out of our paychecks. The deductible for that plan is something like 2500/4000 and we had to compensate by taking out accident insurance, which is 7 a week.

So we are paying 4 dollars a week more for drastically different coverage and hoping that the accident insurance doesn't suck. Personally, i may break a finger or two just for.... naw bad idea.
edit on 6-11-2013 by m80kamikaze because: spelling

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Well, It sounds like you were already not a fan of the ACA, based on your thread dated October 9th:

"Obamacare Website Cost Taxpayers $34M; Projected Cost: $93M

In that original thread/post, you stated

This thing was poorly conceived, recklessly rushed to market, and dishonestly foisted upon the American public in an extremely partisan manner.

Later, on October 10th, you replied to the thread Warning: Enroling in Obamacare allows government to link your IP address with your name... with this:

Is it true that because CGI Federal, the company that was contracted for $634M to build the healthcare.gov website, is Canadian...that all Obamacare data storage is immune to FOIA?

Now, what's CGI Federal again?

I'm guessing, Valerie Jarrett, for one.
CGI Federal...Clinton Global Initiative (CGI)...coincidence

Here

You wouldn't happen to have any links/sources that indicate that the Clintons are in collusion with this Canadian web design company, would you?

So, I have to ask you if you this:

Did you already have a predisposition to the ACA? Your past postings would certainly indicate that before this letter you allegedly received.

Now, I'm an old school "pics or it didn't happen" or "show me the money" kind of guy. Perhaps you can scan and show ATS the letter you received from Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield?

I'm sure other ATS members would be willing to help you edit the letter so that no personal information is shown.

The burden of proof is on you, as this is your thread. And to be honest, I'm not seeing any. What I do see, however, is someone that already hated the ACA before this thread was posted.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Uhm I lost mine last month but I only have to worry about the hundreds in doctors expenses I'll have to pay until Jan 1st when Obama will come to the rescue!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
So many brainwashed people in this thread. So much broken logic.

So many of you have a future date with humility. I fear it will be hard on you, given how long you've believed in your reality where you deserve what others do not. The fantasy land where everyone with a debilitating illness brought it on themselves, where all poor people are lazy, etc.

May the world be kind to you when it happens...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate you, for taking the time to help enlighten me. It does, seem like a mess. Is this the deal that had to be passed before anyone could know what was in it?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Wookiep
reply to post by gariac

That's like saying "oh don't worry, the U.S. would never use NDAA on it's own citizens, it has no teeth for that". I wouldn't be so sure. The IRS goes after plenty of people daily for not paying their taxes. This just adds to those owed taxes.

Again, the IRS has no teeth in this particular area. If you make up your own facts, I can't have an intelligent discussion with you.

Why bring the NDAA into the discussion. How about fluoride in the water, the Illuminati, and the Bohemian Grove.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Sweets, I don't watch the news. That's the problem I suppose. I don't have a television. I DO however, have a knack for meeting people who are much smarter then I am. I DO have a knack for asking questions when I don't understand something. It was my understanding, that the convention, was held in Nashville in order to educate tax preparers from all around the country about how they are going to handle this new "TAX".

You really shouldn't resort to belittling people you know absolutely nothing about. It isn't nice and it isn't becoming. I am only passing on information given to me by someone that seemed to know what he was talking about.. If you disagree with what the man told me, then so be it. That's OK with me. I don't have a dog in the fight. Just passing the info on for anyone interested. Guess we'll all find out sooner or later. Truth always has a funny way of rearing it's head eventually. Doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The IRS regulations are in the Federal Register.

They can only hold up a tax refund. Nothing else.

Even a wage garnishment is prohibited (no liens and levies) !!

Shared Responsibility Payment for Not
Maintaining Minimum Essential Coverage

page 19 of the link pdf....

§ 1.5000A–5 Administration and
procedure.

(a)In general.

A taxpayer’s liability
for the shared responsibility payment
for a month must be reported on the
taxpayer’s Federal income tax return for
the taxable year that includes the
month. The period of limitations for
assessing the shared responsibility
payment is the same as that prescribed
by section 6501 for the taxable year to
which the Federal income tax return on
which the shared responsibility
payment is to be reported relates. The
shared responsibility payment is
payable upon notice and demand by the
Secretary, and except as provided in
paragraph (b) of this section, is assessed
and collected in the same manner as an
assessable penalty under subchapter B
of chapter 68 of the Internal Revenue
Code. The shared responsibility
payment is not subject to deficiency
procedures of subchapter B of chapter
63 of the Internal Revenue Code.
Interest on this payment accrues in
accordance with the rules in section

(b)Special rules.
Notwithstanding any
other provision of law—

(1)
Waiver of criminal penalties.

In the case of a failure by a taxpayer to
timely pay the shared responsibility
payment, the taxpayer is not subject to
criminal prosecution or penalty for the
failure.

(2)
Limitations on liens and levies.

If a taxpayer fails to pay the shared
responsibility payment imposed by this
section and §§ 1.5000A–1 through
1.5000A–4, the Secretary will not file
notice of lien on any property of the
taxpayer, or levy on any property of the
taxpayer for the failure.

(3)
Authority to offset against
overpayment.

Nothing in this section
prohibits the Secretary from offsetting
any liability for the shared
responsibility payment against any
overpayment due the taxpayer, in
accordance with section 6402(a) and its
corresponding regulations.

(c)
Effective/applicability date.

This section and §§ 1.5000A–1 through
1.5000A–4 apply for months beginning
after December 31, 2013

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

According to the guy from H&R Block, the IRS has all the teeth. That is why, tax preparers from all over the country were here in Nashville last week. They needed to learn the new rules for the new tax. If it is a tax, the IRS has teeth. Why would he lie to me? He had nothing to gain by lying. I didn't know him and he didn't know me. Why would he lie?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by gariac

I am a bit confuse about you claim that you receive rebates from the ACA, how is that possible when only the exchanges to buy insurance just opened in Oct, 1.

I will like to know how did you got the rebates already.

Easy. The ACA has been enforced in phases. The refund part of the ACA has already been in effect. The exchanges go into effect next year.

In 2012, over a billion dollars was refunded.
ACA refund

Now you have to be buying your insurance on the open market. If you have insurance from your employer, then your employer pocketed the rebate. I have no idea how that gets back to you since it isn't my problem.

If you want to have fun, do some research about the insurance companies before they were traded on Wall Street. In the 70s, they were only pocketing 5% of the premiums. When they went public, the crooks were taking 30% of the premiums. So even 20% is way too generous.

Note that most of the Blue Cross Blue Shield providers are for profit businesses. They were bought out. A few of the not-for-profit Blue Cross Blue Shield remain. For example, Anthem Blue Cross should be called Anthem We Are Not Blue Cross.
Anthem and Wellpoint

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

ladytamatha
reply to post by gariac

According to the guy from H&R Block, the IRS has all the teeth. That is why, tax preparers from all over the country were here in Nashville last week. They needed to learn the new rules for the new tax. If it is a tax, the IRS has teeth. Why would he lie to me? He had nothing to gain by lying. I didn't know him and he didn't know me. Why would he lie?

Surprise. H&R Block employees don't know a lot of stuff! He is misinformed.

To get a job at H&R, you take a short course. These people are not experts. It isn't like you are going to a CPA, but you are paying far less than what a CPA charges (about $150/hr). H&R hopes their software will make up for the lack of skill of their preparers.

No previous experience preparing taxes? H&R Block offers a beginner course to give you the skills you need to launch your tax preparation caree

H&R block

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

gariac

Wookiep
reply to post by gariac

Again, the IRS has no teeth in this particular area. If you make up your own facts, I can't have an intelligent discussion with you.

Why bring the NDAA into the discussion. How about fluoride in the water, the Illuminati, and the Bohemian Grove.

You can't have an "intelligent" discussion with me? Excuse me, but the IRS IS the entity overseeing this, or are you just ignorant to the facts? You want to show proof of their lack of "teeth" in this area? You haven't shown any proof of the contrary so don't talk to me about "intelligent" discussion. You are showing a crap ton of ignorance, however. Don't want to discuss it? No skin off my back, but don't make crap up just because you have blind faith in your government and the IRS.
edit on 7-11-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thanks for posting that, it's much better than an opinion piece from left wing biased O'donell on "politifact". I hope it holds up, but I doubt it will. I guess I'll be one of the first to find out since I'm not paying a dime into this thing. I have a feeling the IRS will be processing hundreds of thousands of these "penalties", we'll see where it goes. If they so much as add this "penalty" to my existing mandatory IRS payments, ATS will be the first to know.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Wookiep

gariac

Wookiep
reply to post by gariac

You can't have an "intelligent" discussion with me? Excuse me, but the IRS IS the entity overseeing this, or are you just ignorant to the facts? You want to show proof of their lack of "teeth" in this area? You haven't shown any proof of the contrary so don't talk to me about "intelligent" discussion. You are showing a crap ton of ignorance, however. Don't want to discuss it? No skin off my back, but don't make crap up just because you have blind faith in your government and the IRS.

If you watch the original Lawrence O'Donnel episode, he states the exact page in the text of the law where you can see it has no teeth. It has been vetted by Politifact, a right wing group.

But since you are behaving badly, all I can say is have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I saw the PDF that xuenchen linked, and it is news to me, and it's good news. I still don't blindly trust that it won't be changed especially since there will be thousands of "penalties" in place come the next year or two. Still, it's good to have something to reference once the IRS decides to screw everyone. Have a nice day back.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ladytamatha

Is this the deal that had to be passed before anyone could know what was in it?

Yes, it sure is unfortunately. It's the one Nacy Pelosi suggested we all just blindly allow to pass and "find out what's in it" before judging it and knowing what was in it, lol. She really is the epitome of a moronic nutcase.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
And the political contributions begin to vanish at this meeting.

The yelling.

"The Democrats own this and they know it. " No way are we electing any of these representatives that voted for or who back the ACA. " We vote not give any more money to any political candidate period. " why should I even be in a union, you guys suck giving our union dues away"

I heard this at company meeting /union meeting two weeks ago. I took a friend to there company meeting because his car was in the shop that night. I asked if I could stick around instead of coming back later. Free food .

The meeting.

The meeting was health related to insurance companies. It appears this union doesn't hold a get out of jail free card on the ACA. Some how this meeting ended up as political contributions debate / lets cut them off to the Democrat Party candidates and incumbents. Wow did it get hot in there. Not one person had anything good to say. The members did not like the prices , plans, or anything from the insurance representative.

Cancellations for everyone.

Some have had there plans canceled already. I would say about half of them by the yelling that was going on about it. Some were told by insurance representatives their additional existing plan held by just about every other member would be canceled soon . That makes it 100 percent at this meeting. I take it this was some kind of open enrollment or preview of plans for a future open enrollment date. then insurance companies reps went into damage control mode.

So, looks like there just going to cut out all political contributions mostly directed at the Democrats. Seems to be the only card this company has. There actually going to vote on it next meeting.

My favorite "Lets give them change , then they guy threw some change on the floor. "

No filming or voice recordings were allowed ,.except the official recorder.big sign when you go in. I would have loved to put it up here on ATS. I thought unions were exempt from the ACA. Appears only just few are. I cannot divulge the name. I'm not a member.

Dinner, yelling, comedy what a night . American has spoken! At least at this company union meeting.

OP your policy cost sound about right to me . My in-laws just had an increase from Blue Cross Blue Shield. two people from 558 per month to 1,473.00 per month. There plan included more than any gold ACA Obama plan does. This really concerns my wife and I because my in-laws are in there 80,s so why should there plan be canceled and forced to pay almost 1,500 per month. I keep thinking of these death panels that were talked about for the older generation. They could not afford to cancel or pay the entire monthly amount. Here what happened thought my monther in law is still on with Blue cross for $725 per month new policy from blue cross, but my father in law dropped his policy from Blue Cross and signed up. At the Veteran hospital. Which provides just as much care as Blue Cross of not better. He was not about to go for the ACA by any means.

I wish you well OP and hope everything works out.

To the people on here defending this ACA wait until your parents meet Obama care. Maybe then you defenders will wake up and realize how bad this really is. People on fixed incomes can not afford this. Nor can the poor.
Medicare is really not that good either lots of provider problems . My in laws were Democrats they are no more.

edit on 7-11-2013 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join