It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got My Insurance Cancellation Letter Today (Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Oh, also, what was the hiring boost for the IRS again?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

So, I guess that there will never be Govt spying on its own people then? Or warrant-less wiretaps.

Yeah, this idea that the Govt has no teeth is bullcrap.

They have shown to do what they want, when they want.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
People saying that if your plan didn't meet the Obamacare requirements, that it wasn't very good are just crazy. Your plan may not have met the requirements if you did not have coverage for pregnancy, ect.

I am a forty something women with a freaking hysterectomy!!!!! WHY THE HELL WOULD I NEED IT??????
edit on 7-11-2013 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
Hello,

I beg that some things need to be considered before people start to complain:

I am of course sorry that your OLD plan was cheaper and you are asked to pay more now.

But the question is what the OLD plan covered (there was a reason it was cancelled), probably because the coverage in relation to the premiums was not sufficient! This is why it is deemed not "health care reform compliant".

So..what does the NEW, more expensive plan cover? If the new plan is "compliant" now I can assume that it also covers more than the older one, otherwise the old one wouldn't have been cancelled!

ALSO..your letter probably quoted you the $1300 for a compliant plan which has the "required" coverage..but there is no information whether you and your family CAN also have a cheaper plan optionally. In others words: Is the $1300 the ONLY plan you can get?

edit on 32013R000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago44PMWednesdayWednesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

I think what is ticking these fine people off is that someone OTHER than them has the nerve to determine what is sufficient or not insufficient coverage for them. This is an egregious violation of private rights. For example, many of these people are past childbearing years and are being forced to pay for premiums that include birth control, and things involving the birth and care of a new child! How many 50 year old couples do you know that just emptied the house of their kids want to do it all again?! There isn't options available, just what the government says you need. THIS is the real...HUGE...issue.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Regarding those here who requested I post the actual letter (rather than quoting verbatim from the letter,as I have done in my OP and subsequent postings here):

I have just scanned as a Photoshop file from FedEx/Kinkos (no scanner at home), a copy of the letter (personal info is redacted).

I then attached the file to an email, which I sent to myself...and uploaded it to my personal computer here at home.

NOW...I haven't a clue as to how to get that from from my computer to this thread.

So if anyone can give me some simple, easy-to-follow, directions as to how one transfers a Photoshop file image from one's personal computer to an ATS thread posting...I will be happy to try (again) to do so.

Otherwise, to those doubters here who keep saying: 'photo, or it didn't happen!"...you'll just have to take my word for it (After all, it's not a Bigfoot sighting we're discussing here folks; it's a letter that millions of people across the country are now receiving).

The cancellation letter is real. I wish it were not, but it is.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JackSparrow17

Ticking off the insurance companies who have price gouged the public in cahoots with the pharmacies and doctors.

Now they will "get back" at us to teach the regulators a lesson.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

How dare you provide 100% accurate facts citing chapter and verse of the federal code. This is ATS. We like to repeat nonsense heard on Internet!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well I am sure my opinion here will be rather unpopular.

Let mne ask..... what did you all expect? How many of us on ATS warned you about this only to be called racist, republican, conservative, crazy, etc etc etc.

As it has been said before.... the devil is in the details.

The Affordable Care Act legislated medical insurance. So EVERY policy has to meet certain requirements that range from prenatal care to disabilities and preexisting conditions. Everyone likes to hang onto the phrase, "If you like your policy you can keep it"- that was simply not true. It would have been more accurate to say, "If your policy meets the standard set by the Government- then you can keep it. If it does not meet the standard, you will have to get a new policy."

In some ways it is a double edged sword. You can easily applaud the requirements. However, if you have no need for some of those requirements, your current policy will be cancelled and you will have to pay more for some of those requirements.

Welcome to the Nanny State where Government knows what you need better than you do.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

chiefsmom
People saying that if your plan didn't meet the Obamacare requirements, that it wasn't very good are just crazy. Your plan may not have met the requirements if you did not have coverage for pregnancy, ect.

I am a forty something women with a freaking hysterectomy!!!!! WHY THE HELL WOULD I NEED IT??????

Because we are all in this together. You pay taxes to support schools but may not have children in school. You pay for roads that you will never drive on. But at some point in your life, somebody else paid for your kid to go to school or helped pay for your street.

I'm tired of the free loaders.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Why is it so hard to find people that are happy with thier new Obamacare coverage? I have been on searching and all I find are angry people.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Hey, if you don't like Obamacare, win some elections. The problem is most people DO like Obamacare compared to the alternative.

What has the GOP proposed instead of Obamacare? Make that nothing. Unfortunately for you, not enough people think that was a good plan.

The Democrats just did a clean sweep of Virginia elections because the GOP provided poor candidates.

This is a democracy. Get used to it or find another country. Hey, you can do whatever you want in Somalia.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Could you clarify the intent of your statement? I don't want to misinterpret your comment. Am I intended to be included in the freeloader part, due to the rest of your statement? Or are you meaning that "we" taxpayers are having to take care of freeloaders?

Want to be clear, before I get angry, or agree!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

macman
reply to post by gariac

So, I guess that there will never be Govt spying on its own people then? Or warrant-less wiretaps.

Yeah, this idea that the Govt has no teeth is bullcrap.

They have shown to do what they want, when they want.

You are bringing up irrelevant points, but so be it. The spying on citizens as it stands is legal. The Patriot act is subject to judicial oversight by a secret court picked by John Roberts.

The sheep in this country elected George Bush twice. Well technically only once, and that is subject to debate. But the system is now in place and it will be hard though not impossible to dismantle it. Thanks to Ed Snowden, the Patriot act will most likely be watered down the next time it is up for renewal.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Wookiep

gariac

Wookiep
reply to post by gariac

That's like saying "oh don't worry, the U.S. would never use NDAA on it's own citizens, it has no teeth for that". I wouldn't be so sure. The IRS goes after plenty of people daily for not paying their taxes. This just adds to those owed taxes.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Again, the IRS has no teeth in this particular area. If you make up your own facts, I can't have an intelligent discussion with you.

Why bring the NDAA into the discussion. How about fluoride in the water, the Illuminati, and the Bohemian Grove.

You can't have an "intelligent" discussion with me? Excuse me, but the IRS IS the entity overseeing this, or are you just ignorant to the facts? You want to show proof of their lack of "teeth" in this area? You haven't shown any proof of the contrary so don't talk to me about "intelligent" discussion. You are showing a crap ton of ignorance, however. Don't want to discuss it? No skin off my back, but don't make crap up just because you have blind faith in your government and the IRS.
edit on 7-11-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Chapter and verse. That is all that matters.

I have faith in the system.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

gariac

chiefsmom

Because we are all in this together. You pay taxes to support schools but may not have children in school. You pay for roads that you will never drive on. But at some point in your life, somebody else paid for your kid to go to school or helped pay for your street.

I'm tired of the free loaders.

No, it is NOT the same.
I sent both my children to private schools because the government-run 'public' schools in our community completely suck (while my exorbitant taxes sent somebody else's kids to the public schools here...for free).

The point being, here, is that I still had a choice...even if it meant biting the bullet and paying MORE for something that I DECIDED was better for my family.

Obamacare takes away choice and says the federal government knows BEST what is good for my family.
Beyond our being a source of taxes (money) and votes (power), the federal government doesn't give a sh*t for my family...and, if any of us are truly honest with ourselves, we will admit as much. The federal government (and this president in particular) wants control and power...Period.

They would throw ANY of us under the bus without a second thought, if our own desire to choose what WE think is best for our family actually interfered with it's own quenchless thirst for control.

In your heart; if you're truly honest about it, even Obama and Obamacare supporters KNOW this is true.

edit on 7-11-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hate to admit it, but you do have a point.

MichaelPMaccabee
I'm sorry for your hardship, but I'm glad that everyone's insurance prices are going up.

Real change won't happen until those that are comfortable are made uncomfortable.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

gariac

Hey, if you don't like Obamacare, win some elections. The problem is most people DO like Obamacare compared to the alternative.

What has the GOP proposed instead of Obamacare? Make that nothing. Unfortunately for you, not enough people think that was a good plan.

The Democrats just did a clean sweep of Virginia elections because the GOP provided poor candidates.

This is a democracy. Get used to it or find another country. Hey, you can do whatever you want in Somalia.

DO Most people like Obamacare? What most people "liked" was AFFORDABLE Health Care and regulations of Insurance Co's, that is NOT what they got !!! Do you really believe that people would have endorsed this had they truly understood that most people's costs would increase, current policies would be cancelled, outrageous deductibles that must be paid in advance , fines, penalties and potential jail time if you don't comply.

Sure we can blame people for not understanding, hell our representatives outright said they didn't read it, or didn't understand it and our president outright LIED to the people! The GOP did to little , to late, so I sure don't give them a whole lot of credit now. The only hope we have is to oust this sham of a 2 party system and repel every corrupt law they BOTH have imposed upon us!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

gariac

This is a democracy?
No its not, it was a republic, and now, I don't know what the hell it is.
And I tend to think you are getting paid well to spout out this non sense or you don't interact with many people.
If you did, you would understand that ALOT DONT like Obamacare.

And lmao@elections, they matter not anymore.
In fact at this rate, just be a good sheep, do as your told and learn to bow and curtsy to your masters.

~Cheers~

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Is there ONE (1) Obama loving idiot out there who has the balls to come forward?!?! Can any of you justify this? Can any of you tell us why it is necessary for our premiums and deductibles to sky rocket? I am absolutely baffled by this. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

AND PLEASE don’t try to derail the thread and bring Bush into the mix! It isn’t going to work anymore! I never thought I would ever say this, but, Obama needs to be tried in a court of law for treason, put up against the wall, and well, you know what comes next!

If there is such thing as the anti-Christ, Obama would definitely be him!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

gariac

For starters, I'd like to point out that your response was quite brusque, and for what reason? Try civility.
Actually the GOP alternative to Obamacare was Romneycare or before that, Hillarycare. The problem with these is that they were essentially the same plan. Remember, Obama even stated with his own mouth that parts of Romneycare ended up into the final Obamacare plan. That is all the politicians have to offer: different colors of the same flavor. Looks different but tastes the same. As for "win some elections?" I vote third party, so in this broken country that will never happen. You democrats and republicans are exactly like my aforementioned metaphor; same flavor, different color. And since yes, this IS a democracy and i voted for those that best represented ME, I don't appreciate being told to "find another country."

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join