It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got My Insurance Cancellation Letter Today (Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
HEADS UP to all Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield policy holders; your letter is in the mail:
November 4, 2013

Dear _(Me)_____:

Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is discontinuing your individual health benefit plan because it doesn't meet all the requirements of the new health care reform laws )also called the Affordable Care Act).

Thanks, Obama...you S*B, but we actually LIKED our insurance policy.

BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH...

Currently, our insurance was costing us $821 per month...it was still affordable to us...and it satisfied all of our needs.

BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH...

As a convenience to you, we're transitioning you to a health care reform compliant plan...This new plan, ANTHEM ESSENTIAL DIRECTACCESS-CBCE is available at $1,316.06.

So, thanks to Barack Obama, my family has not only, today, LOST a policy we liked and wanted to keep...we are now going to have to pay $500 MORE a month!

So we're 'piss*d'! My wife and I hereby solemnly vow NEVER to vote for ANY Democrat...EVER AGAIN; in ANY election!

So, be advised: If you're with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, YOUR cancellation letter is probably in the mail (if not your mailbox) already. If you've already received yours...Please share your story.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
But, but, but, I thought if you liked your policy, you could keep it?!

I'm sorry that this is happening to you and so many others.

How many millions is it now that are telling the exact same story?

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I feel for you.

I received my cancellation notice too.

Join the club.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Up until today, these cancellations were only stories on the news to us...Today, it hit HOME!
We were upset yesterday...TODAY, we're furious!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Diabolical

From Anthem?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I am sorry this happened to you also.

My sister was all for Obama because of Obamacare. She couldn't wait for it to take effect. Her husband owns a very small business. I wonder when they will get their letter and I'm sure the cost for them will skyrocket because they make a very nice living.

I wonder what will happen once nearly every working person in the US goes through what you just went through. Next year corporations who fund employee healthcare plans will be getting their letters, fortunately just in time for the 2016 election.

But knowing Obama he will extend the employer mandate even longer so it won't impact the 2016 election.

When will people wake up and see what the Democrats have done to the country these past 6 years?

link   
I've been following this mess on and off. Are these cancellations happening only to those with individual plans? Or are they happening to even people with healthcare provided by their employer? I have BCBS which is provided by my employer, a rather huge international company. Should I be concerned?

+25 more 
link   
I'm sorry for your hardship, but I'm glad that everyone's insurance prices are going up.

Real change won't happen until those that are comfortable are made uncomfortable.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

grandmakdw

When will people wake up and see what the Democrats have done to the country these past 6 years?

When they start LOSING elections!

+33 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

grandmakdw

Don't blame the Democrats. Blame the 2 Party System. It has been going on for far longer than 6 years.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Terrormaster
I've been following this mess on and off. Are these cancellations happening only to those with individual plans? Or are they happening to even people with healthcare provided by their employer? I have BCBS which is provided by my employer, a rather huge international company. Should I be concerned?

For now it is just individual plans that are being canceled. However, next year the employer mandate goes into effect. I'd be willing to bet that then there will be a new slew of cancellation letters sent out.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It's an obvious grab at everything we hold private.

I hope you don't need some cream for an embarrassing itch.

With this level of computer expertise....Nothing will be private.

Add: Where are the people that attacked us relentlessly about Obama?
edit on 6-11-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I feel for you. That is terrible.

I would like all the Obamacare proponents to come to this thread and try to explain why they support this.

In essence, the new health care laws under Obamacare are simply a mandatory redistribution of wealth.

It is very similar to our tax system. Consider this another tax to pay for yet another "entitlement program." Only this time, the health insurance companies are also raping you with the backing of the government. Don't worry, the extra money you have to pay will go to a good cause, right?

The dust is starting to settle and the realities of this horribly failed implementation of socialized health care are starting to set in.

"Can't you afford another $6,000 per year? Come on, it's for the good of the country. Be a team player!"

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Terrormaster

What gets me is that I have to join BC/BS, but I have join through the healthcare.gov website. So, why would they be sending out cancellation notices? Just to have these people resign up through them again. Then you got to pay more. Outrageous and ridculious.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrormaster

It depends on the plan you company has. Our company was forced to choose a new plan this year. We now have a $2,000 deductible, when our old plan had none. They are getting rid of any plans that were grandfathered in.

Thankfully, at least for now, the company I work for is still paying for our insurance, but I doubt that will be lasting much longer either, since, according to the accountants, they may be penalized for doing so in the future.

Thanks for this wonderful new plan government! Don't know how we could ever managed without it!!!

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

IAMTAT
So we're 'piss*d'! My wife and I hereby solemnly vow NEVER to vote for ANY Democrat...EVER AGAIN; in ANY election!

Lately, quite a few people are locking the barn door after all the horses were stolen.

The only real solution available to We The People is to not purchase these new insurance plans, and flat out refuse to pay the federal penalty. You may need to make some IRS deduction adjustments to ensure that you're never owed a refund by them to make this idea work, but it is what the majority of Americans should be doing right now.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Don't blame the Democrats. Blame the 2 Party System. It has been going on for far longer than 6 years.

Glad to see someone else gets it!

The Whitehouse should be turned into a lush "Theater" because it is one big show to cover the fact our country is broke!

Everyone argues over the partisan talking points, while not being able to see the massive fraud being committed against the people by their elected officials....

The sad thing is when the fallout of this massive gathering of what little bit of money is collected from the "people" and they realize that this had nothing to do with Healthcare, but a redistribution of wealth from the working poor to the rich, it will be far too late....

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Terrormaster

I'm sorry to say that you probably SHOULD be concerned.
Up until yesterday, we were feeling exactly as you are now.
When you actually receive that letter, yourself, and you realize that you are no longer able to save or pay bills as you've been accustomed...it rocks your world.

We're now spittin'-mad at Obama, whereas yesterday, we just thought Obama was a lousy President, who was bad for the country.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

I TOTALLY blame the Democrats...This law passed without a single Republican vote.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hello,

I beg that some things need to be considered before people start to complain:

I am of course sorry that your OLD plan was cheaper and you are asked to pay more now.

But the question is what the OLD plan covered (there was a reason it was cancelled), probably because the coverage in relation to the premiums was not sufficient! This is why it is deemed not "health care reform compliant".

So..what does the NEW, more expensive plan cover? If the new plan is "compliant" now I can assume that it also covers more than the older one, otherwise the old one wouldn't have been cancelled!

ALSO..your letter probably quoted you the $1300 for a compliant plan which has the "required" coverage..but there is no information whether you and your family CAN also have a cheaper plan optionally. In others words: Is the $1300 the ONLY plan you can get?

edit on 32013R000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago44PMWednesdayWednesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join