It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got My Insurance Cancellation Letter Today (Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

gariac
Because we are all in this together.

But what if I don't want to be in "this" with you?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Propulsion
Is there ONE (1) Obama loving idiot out there who has the balls to come forward?!?! Can any of you justify this? Can any of you tell us why it is necessary for our premiums and deductibles to sky rocket? I am absolutely baffled by this. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

AND PLEASE don’t try to derail the thread and bring Bush into the mix! It isn’t going to work anymore! I never thought I would ever say this, but, Obama needs to be tried in a court of law for treason, put up against the wall, and well, you know what comes next!

If there is such thing as the anti-Christ, Obama would definitely be him!

If you can't recognize the racket that has been the Insurance/Pharmacy/Doctor scam infesting our country for decades then you a problem.

I doubt any one solution from either party will fix it.

If insurance companies deny existing coverage based on Affordable Health then they are simply trying to get back at the government for attempting to end the medicine mafia

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Fox news has been trying for some days to get people to tell them about personal experience with the ObamaCare health program.
fox news
but they have had NON they can put on the web site!
to much hate or Fear!

will You do it? I am a brit so can not.

Fox news is a Great place for real news.
ATS is No longer any good at all.
R.I.P. ATS.
any one know good conspiracy sites???

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

Nothing is free. You pay for your healthcare with taxes.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

ATF1886
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Just don't file income tax can't penalize u if u don't file....

Not true. Several years ago I didn't file. It took a while but I got an 'estimated' tax due bill from the IRS. So I filed and was due a small refund which was shy I hadn't filed in the first place. It was a complete waste of my time.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

You shouldn't have to post it here.

MyCancellation.com [not the twit feed, but the actual website] has GOBS of letters on there and from Cali, can you guess which company tops the list?

I am sure you will find a copy of the one you got on there. As a matter of fact on today's listing, about half way down is one.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I do not have health insurance..but last year I did look into a policy. With my age (52) and medical history, I found a limited one for $236 a month; which I could not afford at the time. Out of sheer morbid curiousity, I called and talked to the same agent over the phone last week, and the same policy with a $5000 higher deductable, had more than doubled to $489 a month because of the "affordable" care act. The co-pays had also gone up from $25 to $50, and out of pocket had also gone up several thousand dollars.

I believe that Obama Care will soon collapse under its own weight, and all we have to do is stand back and watch. I think that the Speaker of the House has realized this, and has stepped back to watch the train wreck happen. Just wait and see....

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

So, the Govt does have teeth to exercise things like, domestic spying on citizens, yet won't enforce law that is revenue generating.

I got a really nice bridge to sell you.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

palmalBlue2
reply to post by IAMTAT

You shouldn't have to post it here.

MyCancellation.com [not the twit feed, but the actual website] has GOBS of letters on there and from Cali, can you guess which company tops the list?

I am sure you will find a copy of the one you got on there. As a matter of fact on today's listing, about half way down is one.

WOW!...all I can say is WOW!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I am so sorry that you have to go thru all this crap to satisfy the curiosity of some that really do not give a crap about what you have to say regardless because they are behind agendas.

This letters has been out there for the last month, they are not lying they are real, it only takes a bit of common sense and a good search to find what people have to say.

I am starting to feel that you have been probe unnecessarily to prove you point around here.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

MichaelPMaccabee
I'm sorry for your hardship, but I'm glad that everyone's insurance prices are going up.

Real change won't happen until those that are comfortable are made uncomfortable.

What kind of BS is this? I am all for affordable health care for all, but it's not going to ever be affordable until we have a single payer system.

And I would never dare wish that others are made "uncomfortable" in order to make that happen. Damn, how selfish can people be?

Those who have health care that they are happy with and can afford are and were already paying more than enough for it and those "millions" without health care could always get care if they were sick, this BS that millions have suffered or died without medical insurance is an exaggeration of epic proportions.

There is Medicaid. There is also legally mandated medical care in that nation's hospitals for emergencies (and even when it's not an emergency). There is also CVS Minute Clinics, which is affordable for most non - emergencies and other low cost clinics all over the country. And you know, you can also PAY out of pocket for a simple Doctor's appointment if you are too good to use a Minute Clinic. There are COUNTLESS non-profit organizations that cover medical expenses for those unable to pay. But many people are too lazy to even search out these available resources and even when told about them - they are still too lazy to fill out an application and mail it in. They want it ON DEMAND/FREE/and when they feel like getting up off their asses.

The truth is, and always has been - that SOME people are just do damn lazy and entitled to even apply for Medicaid (even if they would qualify) and they would rather spend their last 80 bucks on some stupid new gadget or non essential item than they would to pay out of pocket to get a visit with a Doctor.

I worked for years with the low income community and I KNOW that there are already resources available for just about everyone who needs medical care.
edit on 7-11-2013 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

gariac

chiefsmom
People saying that if your plan didn't meet the Obamacare requirements, that it wasn't very good are just crazy. Your plan may not have met the requirements if you did not have coverage for pregnancy, ect.

I am a forty something women with a freaking hysterectomy!!!!! WHY THE HELL WOULD I NEED IT??????
edit on 7-11-2013 by chiefsmom because: addition

Because we are all in this together. You pay taxes to support schools but may not have children in school. You pay for roads that you will never drive on. But at some point in your life, somebody else paid for your kid to go to school or helped pay for your street.

I'm tired of the free loaders.

Suppose, instead of Obamacare, the Obama administration announced:
Y'know folks...We think it's unfair that some people can't afford to buy a house...and EVERYONE deserves to buy a house...In fact, even if some people don't CHOOSE to buy a house, we the government think they must buy one anyway.

So, since we control the House Of Representatives, the Senate and the Presidency,we've decided to quickly ram through a law to mandate that EVERYONE in the country must, not only buy and own a house, but that that WE the government must design it for you (we'll even give you four different models to choose from).

Oh, and by the way, we're going to pass this law, which you won't be able to see what's in it until we pass it, with no opposition support or votes....Well, because we can.

Now, WE the government realize that some of you may not like this idea, but rest easy...because if you LIKE your current house...you can KEEP your current house.

Now, suppose the law finally launches...and a month later, you receive a letter telling you that your current house; the house you spent years working hard in order to afford; the house you paid a mortgage on for years; the house you've lived in and loved for years; THE HOUSE THEY PROMISED YOU COULD KEEP, IF YOU LIKED IT...must now, at enormous cost to you, be either torn down or completely renovated, in order to comply with the president's house designs.

How would you Obama/Obamacare supporters feel if something like this happened to you?
edit on 7-11-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Oh oh - let me answer you - they would say it sounds like a good idea as long as they get theirs!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I got a letter from the billing office of my cardiologist a few weeks back saying that as of 1 November, my insurance (BCBS of Alabama) would no longer be accepted. I called the office, went through several holds (the music was instrumental versions of U2) and then Verizon chopped the connection. On the next call, the music was the same and I got a answering machine/voicemail message to leave a reply. I did.

The next thing was the thing was the news about how we were all supposed to be able to keep our healthcare providers under Obamacare... but that such was not true.

The day before Halloween, I got a call in response and a female rep told me that there was a mistake and that I would still be welcome.

Two days ago on 5 November, I went to the office to pick us some medication and was initially told that I was no longer on the patient list. I explained the call I received and just before I exited, was called back to the glass window and got an apology. I got my meds and verified that my next full appointment was still valid.

I can only guess what awaits when that comes around.

Our healthcare system was pretty messed up before Obamacare... it needed some work but, I more than suspect that over the next 12 to 18 months, it will get worse still.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

chiefsmom
People saying that if your plan didn't meet the Obamacare requirements, that it wasn't very good are just crazy. Your plan may not have met the requirements if you did not have coverage for pregnancy, ect.

I am a forty something women with a freaking hysterectomy!!!!! WHY THE HELL WOULD I NEED IT??????
edit on 7-11-2013 by chiefsmom because: addition

Yep, exactly. Remember all the liberals crying that the "sky is falling" and screaming "war on women" by the Republican Party or the hysteria before the ACA bill was passed because the Catholic Church didn't want to pay for insurance for it's employees that would include birth control?

So now, we ALL will get the Pill - whether or not we want or even need it - and we ALL have to pay twice as much for this "better" benefit that we don't need and wont use. Of course, we also will lose coverage for benefits that we did actually use - but who cares as long as Sandra Fluke gets her free birth control?

And for the record - I am female and pro-choice. but I know a hyped up racket when I see it.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

PlatinumShatinum

gariac
Because we are all in this together.

But what if I don't want to be in "this" with you?

tough cookies, my side won *sarcasm implied*

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Terrormaster
I've been following this mess on and off. Are these cancellations happening only to those with individual plans? Or are they happening to even people with healthcare provided by their employer? I have BCBS which is provided by my employer, a rather huge international company. Should I be concerned?

Employers with 50 or more employees must provide you with insurance.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by toolgal462

And that is one of the more stupid points of all this. Because when I was younger, before all this crap came about, I could go to the county health department and get free birth control way back then.
Apparently, that was a well kept secret, that only I was privy to? LOL

I will have to agree with some posters here. It is going to crash and burn. And boy won't the blame game get heated and ugly when it does.

It just sickens me, that there are so many common sense solutions to the healthcare problem in this country, but apparently, once you become a politician, any common sense you may have had must just get sucked right out of your brain.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Terrormaster
I've been following this mess on and off. Are these cancellations happening only to those with individual plans? Or are they happening to even people with healthcare provided by their employer? I have BCBS which is provided by my employer, a rather huge international company. Should I be concerned?

Under his new guidelines witch should be criminal yes, every policy will be cancelled and rewrote. A single male will now have to have coverage incase he gets pregnant. Just another way to make the policies more expensive because the insurance companies wrote the law.

Last year big companies started offering plans that basically cover nothing but are expensive as hell. The deductibles are outrageous.

What this boils down to is, millions upon millions will no longer be able to afford insurance so they will pay a 95 dollar tax to the government witch pays for the people who are at poverty levels so the poor can have insurance.

How do you like your change now?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

chiefsmom
reply to post by toolgal462

And that is one of the more stupid points of all this. Because when I was younger, before all this crap came about, I could go to the county health department and get free birth control way back then.
Apparently, that was a well kept secret, that only I was privy to? LOL

I will have to agree with some posters here. It is going to crash and burn. And boy won't the blame game get heated and ugly when it does.

It just sickens me, that there are so many common sense solutions to the healthcare problem in this country, but apparently, once you become a politician, any common sense you may have had must just get sucked right out of your brain.

Yes, I too was able to get birth control for free from Planned Parenthood if I needed it. And also more free condoms than I needed for a lifetime....But yeah, I had to at least get up off my ass and go there to get it, they didn't come to my house and use it for me!

A LOT of those people who can't "get health care" are just plain too lazy to do anything - even get themselves to a free clinic or fill out an application. I made a comment earlier about this very issue.

The whole debate about the "millions" being denied medical care was a huge exaggeration in the first place.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join