It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the amazing Lockheed Martin SR-72—the space Blackbird

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Astr0
Skip directly to 22 minutes 30 seconds, sit back and watch the video. Its from 2008...and shows this very airframe.

www.youtube.com...

I knew if I looked around I'd find it eventually.

Astro I gave you a star....thanks

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Oh it's not just aircraft. That's just the most commonly seen aspect of the new technologies.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Nope. Not an SR-72. Some great tech on it though.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I've seen some of the navy's videos regarding railgun tests, but have you heard anything regarding laser weapons being employed on aircraft such as the 72, or anything else for that matter?

also, sent you a u2u regarding some questions I've got
edit on 1-11-2013 by kingofyo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofyo1

That I can talk about, there was the YAL-1A, which suffered from range/distortion problems. There has also been at least one put onto a C-130 and tested that worked fairly well. There are a couple I can't really talk about that have worked surprisingly well.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I'd imagine with as far as laser guiding for missiles have come, they've been able to massively power up some other "projects" as well that will end up the future of weaponry for us.. When they turn it into handheld, i'll be pleasantly surprised and astonished

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

That and a couple of the black ones will change things a LOT. It'll be interesting when they hit the white world (if they ever do).

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

you saying that makes me go ... GIGGITY!!! I've been waiting to hear something regarding that front for a while

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You might have to wait a long time. At least one of these is "Oh. My. God." level. I think that one won't come out for a long time.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Have you been able to verify with multiple sources of the OMG level find? at this point im giggling like a little schoolgirl at the thought of truly future weapons

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I only verified it with one source, but I was able to verify the information given to me, that led up to what he told me, with multiple sources. It started white, then someone realized what they had, and it very quickly went away.
edit on 11/1/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
As I was trying to enjoy the darpa yt video.. angry birds updated... now an hour fpthfpfpo....into buffuring you go #u%c you self video... I'm trying to enjoy darpa time...not happening..I caught the first 5 mins so far.. I'm dying to watch it.it was all there in 2008. 9 lost track..

What I sum up.. what I thought was lost... he he hey look.... just better hid... yet in the open..
Hah! I'm arora! Nope just up graded..and you missed it....

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Yep, that sounds about right.. Just like everything else that becomes government property lol! Solar charging, laser tech, aircraft designs, really everything that we use in the gov.. its either COTS or began white in some way shape or form

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

This was started by a military person. One day he went "hey! Cool!" went to talk to a bunch of people, and suddenly someone went, "Uhm....Do you realize what we have here?" And someone else went "Oh CRAP!" and it went away.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I guess if it was started by a member of the military, then it was never really "white" so to speak
And as the sayings go, if you're owned by the government, then the government owns you and everything you touch

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Epic Darth Vader moment......Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Zaphod58

This was started by a military person. One day he went "hey! Cool!" went to talk to a bunch of people, and suddenly someone went, "Uhm....Do you realize what we have here?" And someone else went "Oh CRAP!" and it went away.

Yes but it was just enough for you all to notice...so its out....

Nooooooooooooooooo!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I have to ask, if you (and the rest of the awesomes like intelgurl) knew about the sr project for a few years now, then what if anything have you heard about any successors to the 72? I know we're pretty much reaching the height ceiling where atmosphere ends and space begins, so what about some alternate air/spacecraft of the non airbreathing type? Personally, I've only heard the same crap as has been said for years concering the nonexistent tr-3 stuff
edit on 1-11-2013 by kingofyo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Zaph.. grey deserves credit... I'm going to work on my YT issue...I really want to watch this darpa video...thanks for being around when it gets grey....
be back in am. I expect you'll be around..till then keep the threads sharp!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by intrepid

This one was first rumored to be ready to fly several years ago (around 2007 going by Natalie's post). So the 2018 is pure BS to keep people off the scent.

I greatly agree.

However, I think the whole program is . . . obsolete and was the day it was begun.

If, as my relative strongly asserted, we have 'interdimensional' or some such craft piloted and drone models . . . NO airframe, airfoil type craft could match such exotic technologies, imho.

Not for speed. Virtually instantaneous to any spot on the globe would be hard to beat.

Not for recon

And evidently not for weapons delivery.

Sounds to me like another very expensive toy for the Air Force . . . to obscure other better technologies also already operational.

Then there's the Navy's SPACE fleet . . . whatever that consists of.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join