It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the amazing Lockheed Martin SR-72—the space Blackbird

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofyo1

Oh this hit the public in a big way before it vanished and turned into something else.
You could hear the collective "D'OH!" when they realized what they had, from what I heard.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

is this regarding a weapon of some sort or energy production? my wheels are spinning but the hamster's about dead

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

That's something I won't go into. I've heard a lot about a lot, but I won't say much about any of it, without the ok from my sources.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Sorry, that's more detail than I want to get into. I've probably already said too much as it is.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

ARGH! Now i'll be doing more research than I planned on trying to figure it out
Thanks lol

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

My two favorite hobbies. Dropping crumbs and watching people's brains work, and making people think, and go nuts trying to figure things out.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Mine is going nuts and spinning the wheels at the same time on this man, and it will be even tonight while asleep!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Consider it my revenge for all those things that others knew, and never told me.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

ah the old "Pay it Forward" system? I'm familiar. Do I like it? lol I'll let you be the judge when I ask you all sorts of off the wall questions to see if anything sticks

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You can ask, but I may not answer. Like I said, I WILL NOT betray a trust, of anyone. But I may drop some hints for you.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

So I'm reading now, www.theregister.co.uk...

Says the SR will be unmanned, The first demonstrator should be about the size of a F-22 aircraft capable of flying at Mach 6 for several minutes, and should be ready for flight by 2023. This would allow the team to check that the aircraft is capable of making it to those speeds while remaining stable, maneuverable, and in one piece.

This things been flying for a while, undoubtedly! Whats with the 2023 public flying?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Zaphod58

That's something I won't go into. I've heard a lot about a lot, but I won't say much about any of it, without the ok from my sources.

Can you ask your sources for an 'ok'...?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Gives them time to build more, in other variants.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

I can, but on this one I doubt I'd get it.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by weavty1

I can, but on this one I doubt I'd get it.

Well just ask your source "what you can hint", then! Haha

I joke, I joke..

Yeah, that's very interesting info. For sure.

At the time said tech was brought to public light by said military individual, what industry was it originally aimed for? And if it was publicly known, then you wouldn't be doing any harm by pointing us in that direction!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

It was for the......Oh, what's that knock on the truck? Be right.....urp!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by weavty1

It was for the......Oh, what's that knock on the truck? Be right.....urp!

Hahahaha, you'll be alright Zaph

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
What is the tr3b? is that the triangle flying ship with rounded edges.How fast does that go? I guy on the internet claims he designed the thing. Is this an internet lie? Just curious, says george.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

The TR-3B is one of those that if you mention it to serious aviation enthusiasts, or people that have worked on planes for years, you will get one of two reactions. Either they will laugh hysterically until they cry, or look like they want to beat you senseless.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

grey580

The Aviation Week website is down for maintenance.
However I found this over on gizmodo.
As well as some other pics on the net that seem related to what was released on aviation week.

However. How freakin cool is this!
We get a SR-72 Mach 6 edge of space plane with optional strike capability?
Very badass.

sploid.gizmodo.com...

[It's] an affordable hypersonic intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) and strike platform that could enter development in demonstrator form as soon as 2018. Dubbed the SR-72, the twin-engine aircraft is designed for a Mach 6 cruise, around twice the speed of its forebear, and will have the optional capability to strike targets.

Guided by the U.S. Air Force's long-term hypersonic road map, the SR-72 is designed to fill what are perceived by defense planners as growing gaps in coverage of fast-reaction intelligence by the plethora of satellites, subsonic manned and unmanned platforms meant to replace the SR-71. Potentially dangerous and increasingly mobile threats are emerging in areas of denied or contested airspace, in countries with sophisticated air defenses and detailed knowledge of satellite movements.

Not sure if you got a star.. but you just did...
Day to day I want to see this advancement..keep humans in the loop..most humans have a conscience.

And for the radio receiver guy at the end of a run way looking for a special aircraft. Snap them pics... we're waiting for that new aircraft...the profession is not dead.. just waiting...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join