It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the amazing Lockheed Martin SR-72—the space Blackbird

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

kingofyo1
reply to post by Zaphod58

I've seen some of the navy's videos regarding railgun tests, but have you heard anything regarding laser weapons being employed on aircraft such as the 72, or anything else for that matter?

also, sent you a u2u regarding some questions I've got
edit on 1-11-2013 by kingofyo1 because: (no reason given)

You know i spoke with a ex SR-71 pilot at March ARB back in 09 when he came to talk about the blackbird, after everyone left i got him to slip up on some of the defense aspects of the SR-71, he claimed it had a laser defense system onboard.
I don't remember the pilots name but i do believe he also said he flew the F117 and U2

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by blackgoldwolf

There's a $26M R&D contract out there for laser jammers small enough to put onto Predators and UAVs, as well as manned aircraft like the B-1 and B-52. They currently have one in development that will end up on the F-35 as well.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Zaphod58

There's a $26M R&D contract out there for laser jammers small enough to put onto Predators and UAVs, as well as manned aircraft like the B-1 and B-52. They currently have one in development that will end up on the F-35 as well.

Thats awesome, i would love to hear more about what you know, even if its very very vague, if you ever feel like sharing anything even non top secret stuff let me know

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by MystikMushroom

One of the reasons the Nighthawk went white was because they had to train during the day. It could be as simple as that.

The Russians loved to paint their MiG's, so maybe you're right!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Oh there's a LOT I've posted here in the aviation forum. I think there's one good article about the F-35 jammer that I put up a month or so ago when they announced it. The laser system is an interesting one.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I'm fairly new to posting on ATS, couldn't figure out how to private message you, but are there any books you would recommend to me?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

blackgoldwolf

I'm fairly new to posting on ATS, couldn't figure out how to private message you, but are there any books you would recommend to me?

Actually I would like suggest one...

WWIII. the first six hours....it's fiction... but very good..

And zaphod will take the handle..good night....

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I'll PM you a list. Watch for the white envelope in the right corner to light up.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

blackgoldwolf

kingofyo1

I've seen some of the navy's videos regarding railgun tests, but have you heard anything regarding laser weapons being employed on aircraft such as the 72, or anything else for that matter?

also, sent you a u2u regarding some questions I've got
edit on 1-11-2013 by kingofyo1 because: (no reason given)

You know i spoke with a ex SR-71 pilot at March ARB back in 09 when he came to talk about the blackbird, after everyone left i got him to slip up on some of the defense aspects of the SR-71, he claimed it had a laser defense system onboard.
I don't remember the pilots name but i do believe he also said he flew the F117 and U2

I'm wondering if this laser defense system is meant to be a anti laser guided missile type defense system he was referring to? I could see that, but not necessarily a laser shooting system... It seemed a wee bit early in the project's lifeline to arm a 71 with a laser shooting system, but I could be wrong.. Zaph could probably be of a bit more assistance than me there

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

Yep.

I remember watching a history of oxcart and sr-71.

The guy in the video said he maybe told us 5% of what went on there with the sr-71 at area 51.

5%. The government has stuff that is some 20-30 years ahead of the public. If not more.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

grey580
reply to post by Astr0

Yep.

I remember watching a history of oxcart and sr-71.

The guy in the video said he maybe told us 5% of what went on there with the sr-71 at area 51.

5%. The government has stuff that is some 20-30 years ahead of the public. If not more.

oh I entirely believe that.. If you're in the military, you see things that show what you said.. That makes me wonder what ELSE they have that they're not showing us!

link   
reply to post by kingofyo1

They didn't really come up with a good laser system until the 1970s, so there wouldn't have been a shooter type system on the SR-71/A-12.

link   
reply to post by kingofyo1

Well there's a....Hold on, someone's knocking again.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

The article does say this bird came out of the htv3x.
so it holds water.

Certainly that model behind the guy at 22:57 looks like the SR-72.

Looks like they need to do daytime testing and it's time to bring it into the light.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

LOL yeah yeah

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
OK. Look guy/gals. I'm out by a month...AARF FIRE FIGHTER MEDIC RN. I'm the product of 4 uncles of full time navy...and my dad who was air force. Follow zaphod. He is so far legit...I don't know...or really want to know... but he does bring it here to you..he actually answered 2 questions my uncles knew of. Some how he is here and in the loop...I trust him.. he is privy. And he takes it variously serious. Just give an ear or eye if you can read this..if he states he is watched..let it be....but he will reply. Anything else.. refer to wrabbit 2000. Again good night...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Bigburgh
OK. Look guy/gals. I'm out by a month...AARF FIRE FIGHTER MEDIC RN. I'm the product of 4 uncles of full time navy...and my dad who was air force. Follow zaphod. He is so far legit...I don't know...or really want to know... but he does bring it here to you..he actually answered 2 questions my uncles knew of. Some how he is here and in the loop...I trust him.. he is privy. And he takes it variously serious. Just give an ear or eye if you can read this..if he states he is watched..let it be....but he will reply. Anything else.. refer to wrabbit 2000. Again good night...

I know first hand that Zaph aint BSing about what he knows, or how he knows it. I've been helping him decipher some stuff he received a while back, and every single bit of it has been on the money. I trust his info 100% and know theres a whole lot of other people on the forum who do as well. This thread isnt about Zaph though, and we know how the mods feel about off topic discussion. The SR has been in pipeline for a while and thankfully, it'll soon be in full run production!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Came across this site with some pics of the SR-72.
Along with others

notreally.info...

And look at this.
The first 2 are familiar now.
Wonder about that 3rd one.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Those look like arrow heads at first glance.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

The 3rd reminds me of what the original picture set was for the blackswift, if you remember
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Intelgurl posted this way back in 07

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join