It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sebelius: "The Website Has Never Crashed."

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I suppose it depends on what your definition of 'crashed' is...but, c'mon...should we at least expect some honest, un-parsed language from this woman...at this point in the healthcare.gov debacle?

AND...if she insists it never crashed...WHY was the administration (as well as the media) initially insisting that the website ceased to function because it was overwhelmed with such an unexpectedly massive amount of traffic from eager citizens?...Isn't that, technically, the same thing as crashing?

At a hearing on Capitol Hill, Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius said that the Obamacare website has "never crashed."

www.youtube.com...

"The website never crashed. It is functional, but at a very slow speed and very low reliability and has continued to function,” said Sebelius.

www.weeklystandard.com...

www.nationalreview.com...
edit on 30-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Where's Anonymous when you need them.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well i guess that depends on what your definition of "website " and "crashed" is.
The plane didnt "crash", it just fell out of the air and hit the ground really hard.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

That is possible.

More than likely the website is overloaded with requests. Which is another can of worms.

And hold on it gets even stranger.

www.dailypaul.com...

It runs on something called Akamai Ghost.

Supposedly a super secure webserver whose creaters died on 9/11.........

Can you say conspiracy boys and girls?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

"Dr." Sebelius;

"The heart never stopped beating, it just doesn't pump or deliver blood or sustain life anymore."

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I wish we would boo and hiss like our British friends.

We should allow it. These people are ridiculous defending this thing.

First time I ever envied the Monarchy.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Which is worse?

To try to believe that it never crashed which means it simply never worked to begin with?

To try to believe that she really doesn't know what she's talking about ... but of course she's competent to run our entire health care system ...?

To try to believe that she actually thinks she can get away with that lie?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I always do "opposition research" ie., visit webpages that have a differing opinion than my own to try and discern what the "otherside" is saying. Full disclosure, my family policy has been adversly affected by ObamaCare (we lost our perfectly affordable coverage we have bad for years...but that's not where I want to w/this post). I want to figure out HOW and WHY some are defending this Clusterfug....

On DemocraticUnderground I came away with TWO salient defenses today...the "Rethugs" (or anyone who questioned Sebellius today) are just plain mean and rude. How dare they beat up on the girl (but aren't women equal in the work force so they wouldn't ask tough questions of a boy!?!) NEVER MIND the she did NOT actually address many of the queries...it was just "mean" to ask her...rose petals and bonbons only acceptable interaction.

And, a sniffling, nose and chin high in the air, that Americans are just TOO STOOOPID to know what insurance plan is right for them and that IDIOTS (such as myself) NEED government to TELL ME what is BEST for me and my family. There. I better be grateful. And send Kathy S a nice thank you card.

ObamaCare I am now more than ever convinced will be the flashpoint that either destroys the USA or awakens the masses to a Second American Revolution.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

IAMTAT
I suppose it depends on what your definition of 'crashed' is...but, c'mon...should we at least expect some honest, un-parsed language from this woman...at this point in the healthcare.gov debacle?

AND...if she insists it never crashed...WHY was the administration (as well as the media) initially insisting that the website ceased to function because it was overwhelmed with such an unexpectedly massive amount of traffic from eager citizens?...Isn't that, technically, the same thing as crashing?

At a hearing on Capitol Hill, Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius said that the Obamacare website has "never crashed."

www.youtube.com...

"The website never crashed. It is functional, but at a very slow speed and very low reliability and has continued to function,” said Sebelius.

www.weeklystandard.com...

www.nationalreview.com...
edit on 30-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

That was my understanding, and the reason given is as good a description of a crash as you can muster.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Diabolical
reply to post by IAMTAT

As much as I despise hackers and have never forgotten having my identity stolen... I do kinda wish these mouse jockeys could pick the lock to that closet where so many truths lie...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
There's a significant difference between a crash and being inaccessible due to traffic. A crash implies a fault somewhere in the program or server that renders it inoperable. Mass traffic can and will make a site impossible to access, but it's 1) not non-functional and 2) incredibly easy to do. A simple denial-of-service attack by spamming a site server with mass requests can be done by just about anyone, to anything. DOS attacks are what "Anonymous" do, they look impressive when the news presents them (ie. "Anonymous takes down CIA.gov!"), but they require no skill and nothing more than a group of computers with network access.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

ShadeWolf
There's a significant difference between a crash and being inaccessible due to traffic. A crash implies a fault somewhere in the program or server that renders it inoperable. Mass traffic can and will make a site impossible to access, but it's 1) not non-functional and 2) incredibly easy to do. A simple denial-of-service attack by spamming a site server with mass requests can be done by just about anyone, to anything. DOS attacks are what "Anonymous" do, they look impressive when the news presents them (ie. "Anonymous takes down CIA.gov!"), but they require no skill and nothing more than a group of computers with network access.

Surely the premise on a hugely funded government site, is to make it accessible to all, in this case Americans, and as if the take-up is going to be day one. If that was not achievable at the outset, they should have numbered application days by zip code or SS number. It would more interesting actually, to know what corp set up the system, I have had experience of one big player's lack of acclimatising the people on the ground to new systems.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
At the same time she said "never crashed", Verizon was in coding away with access zero level for public.

Sabelis prepared statement was an exact copy word for word with the person who testified Tuesday.

PREPARE FOR COLASPE!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

grey580
reply to post by IAMTAT

That is possible.

More than likely the website is overloaded with requests. Which is another can of worms.

And hold on it gets even stranger.

www.dailypaul.com...

It runs on something called Akamai Ghost.

Supposedly a super secure webserver whose creaters died on 9/11.........

Can you say conspiracy boys and girls?

Pretty good explanation here,
security-shell.com...
Akmai has global servers, I can see why they the secondary name is Ghost.
And it seems there were two of the players died, one on 9/11, the other after he sold the system to the CIA, the next day apparently.
edit on 30-10-2013 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

dashen
Well i guess that depends on what your definition of "website " and "crashed" is.
The plane didnt "crash", it just fell out of the air and hit the ground really hard.

Yes.
I also heard it compared to the Titanic floating low in the water.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Look at the absolutely HUMUNGUS bandwidth of youtube!!!!
Tens of millions of people all downloading HUGE video files, and all at the same time!
Compare that to the few bytes of text each person downloads from the webpages of the gov site!

Kinda makes them look stoopid if they cant cope with that.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

VoidHawk
Look at the absolutely HUMUNGUS bandwidth of youtube!!!!
Tens of millions of people all downloading HUGE video files, and all at the same time!
Compare that to the few bytes of text each person downloads from the webpages of the gov site!

Kinda makes them look stoopid if they cant cope with that.

Youtube is owned by Google, who have the most massive server farms in the world. The government may have some powerful computers, but they don't have a network as vast as Google, and they're likely not tapping directly into ISP backbones to do it. For a more understandable analogy...bandwidth is easily comparable to water flow. Until last year, I was on a 7MBpS connection, let's equate that to a garden hose. Then I upgraded to 80MBpS over fibre, call that a firehose. The average speed of fibre backbones in the US is more like one of these, running 2400MBpS or so. And that's not even close to the max speed you can pull from fibre optics, last year a NEX/Corning team produced a 12-core line capable of carrying 1.05 petabytes per second. That's 1,050,000,000MBpS.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

redoubt

Diabolical
reply to post by IAMTAT

As much as I despise hackers and have never forgotten having my identity stolen... I do kinda wish these mouse jockeys could pick the lock to that closet where so many truths lie...

I'm sure you mean "Why doesn't Anonymous hack the accounts of the Obama WH lackies and the Obuma himself?"

But in a related vein, it looks like criminal, mercenary hackers have already busied themselves with the Obamacare websites:

“NY Obamacare Website Hacked”

nation.foxnews.com...

“How Healthcare.gov Could Be Hacked”

www.motherjones.com...

“John McAfee Predicts Hackers Will Empty Obamacare Enrollees Bank Accounts”

washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
i bet if it was a military DRAFT call up,, it would work.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

This administration is nothing but liars and cheats and nothing more... Its always someone else's fault. I am amazed they have not tried to blame President Bush for it yet.

If people have not noticed, take a glance at this Administrations history from day 1 up to this point. Anytime this administration comes close to getting tagged for their incompetence we always seem to have something "major" occur that changes the channel for the public.

When it comes to this administration we are doing nothing but rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join