It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Im not surprised there isnt more standoffs like this to be honest.

The "bangers" in california probably out number the police 10 to 1. They probably have more firepower to.

Sad really.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Dakota,

I would only like to add one thing.
Officers getting shot...yeah, okay...I'm still waiting for the punchline.

"It's tragic."

No, it's not.
What's tragic is when the police (supposed to protect the public) abuse that trust with the thin blue line.
What's tragic is when they taser children.
What's tragic is when they callously execute the mentally disabled.
What's tragic is when steal from the public.
What's tragic is when they allow families to be brutalized.
What's tragic is when they shoot 20 innocent people trying to kill one criminal.
What's NOT tragic is when police are shot or killed in the line of duty because that's their job description.
To go out with weapons and a costume that lets them pretend the law does not apply to them and rough house with other armed (or unarmed) individuals who feel similarly entitled but don't have the "costume" to legitimize their crimes, getting injured or killed is just the inevitable result.
What else did you expect?
THAT'S what they're paid for.
This isn't 21 Jump Street.

-Amitaba-
edit on 25-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 25-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sentiment

edit on 25-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Error

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'm wondering why they didn't go in with all that free military hardware they been getting from DHS.

Got a feeling this guy ain't coming out alive.

Peace

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Eryiedes
"It's tragic."
No, it's not.

I am sure that will comfort the next child who has a police officer for a father and he gets shot and killed..

(post by tadaman removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

edit on 25-10-2013 by queenofsheba because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

opethPA
I am sure that will comfort the next child who has a police officer for a father and he gets shot and killed..

Maybe he should have taken a job at Walmart instead.
He'd still be alive.
If his kid is smart, he'll learn from dad's mistake and not become a cop.

-Amitaba-
edit on 25-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sentiment

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

thesaneone
reply to post by Metaphysique

Yes lets judge people we know nothing about.

indeed, sort of my point here,
great minds and all that

just cause the guy's a parolee, let not assume the cops are in the right 100% of the time
that would be sheepleish.

I also expected a better OP from you, having seen you around, and asked you about it
hopefully that will change soon as it's too early in the thread to judge

soooo..
waiting to see if it's worth my attention/participation/flagging

balls in your court

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

If an ICE agent was there and the first to be shot, hmmmmmmm, could it be an illegal????

Purely speculation on my part, but it sure is going to be a slap in the face on how our current administration is just allowing em to come right on in, isn't it?

Perhaps if my speculation is true, allowing illegals to commit crimes and then force the police to let them go, just might be "FAST AND FURIOUS 2" coming to a kangaroo House of Representative near you.......

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Eryiedes

opethPA

Maybe he should have taken a job at Walmart instead.
He'd still be alive.

-Amitaba-

Well..that is some mighty fine logic so you go ahead and enjoy it.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Dudes....chill. wtf???? Why so angry??? Jesus #ing Christ. Bunch of negative Nancy's. What if the zombie Apocalypse was going on??? Would you still hate? Just love. You're the problem. Chill out.

edit on Fri Oct 25 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Does anyone know what his tattoo says. I am just wondering if it's gang related. Trying to figure out what his story is.

blogs.sacbee.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

They were trying to round up "A parolee at large" when it began, and had been looking for him for a couple days.

His family members are all showing up... Mom, aunt, brother, cousin(s), friends.

He called hid grandma, and told her he didn't want to die., he's also been shot (unconfirmed).

Hopefully that'll help it end safer.

edit on 25-10-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
First I want to apologise for going off the deep end over another members post. I know I was wrong....

Now,

Have we resorted to defending scum bags and outright criminals who hurt other human beings because we resent parking tickets we may have gotten, or because we had a bad exchange with someone who's job it is to enforce laws which we all break at one point or the other?

It is sick.

This guy shot several people. What because the people who were shot are cops they somehow deserve being hurt, or killed?

You do realize that police have effectively been dehumanized to the point where that is ok in your mind...right?

That you have succumb to social programming...and are now tools...right?

edit on 10 25 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

I am in no way standing up for the criminal.
I never said the cops deserved to be shot or killed.
I just said it's "not tragic".
Now if that same cop were off-duty and he drowned...THAT would be tragic.
But being shot or injured when that's in your job description?
No.
He chose that life and the risks that came with it with open eyes.
He took the cash.
He spun the wheel of chance.
He paid the price.
That's just how it goes when you play with fire.

-Amitaba-

edit on 25-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Na.

Its against the T&C to respond as I did and for that I am sorry, since this isnt my house.

still though, wishing death on others merits much worse.

Its different when you know people that risk their necks every day and could face such consequences.

I know many LEOS....and they have everything from nightmares to anxiety disorders from the things they go through and could go through.

Its not cool to wish them dead and doesnt merit my best side.

That is a courtesy I dont give out to people who dont deserve it.

edit on 10 25 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

I work in a liquor store. If I get held up and shot because I have three ghettos by me would that be tragic or the price I pay for running a liquor store....they do get held up all the time.

Or a bank teller getting shot in a robbery.....is that tragic, or his own damn fault for not going to college....?

Stop dehumanising PEOPLE......

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This is not good in many ways.

First, the people who have been killed, and second, the measures that will be taken to "prevent it from happening again"...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

tadaman
I work in a liquor store. If I get held up and shot because I have three ghettos by me would that be tragic or the price I pay for running a liquor store....they do get held up all the time.

Or a bank teller getting shot in a robbery.....is that tragic, or his own damn fault for not going to college....?

Dakota,

Since "being shot at" is not in a store clerk or bank tellers job description you are creating a strawman arguement.

Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What do they call it when they burn them alive? Isn't that what they do in California if you shoot a cop? Just remembering Christopher Dorner. IMO he was burned alive. Can't prove it but the LAPD sure is corrupt. Not making excuses for this guy. Not making excuses for the cops burning people alive either. That's just what came to mind immediately. "They are gonna torch this guy". Will have to wait and see if I am right. I was also thinking for a criminal he seems to be a good shot with a rifle.

How many dead? My other thought was the DC sniper using .223 killed almost every victim because of the way the bullet exits the body. Sounds like a couple cops got lucky. Again will have to wait for answers on the caliber. I have to echo a couple of other members thoughts. California has a welfare system for illegals. You let them come over here you are gonna get a lot of bad apples who can't get jobs down there because they are already criminals.

Again only speculation because ICE was mentioned. This whole story is shocking. Hoping for an end and explanation soon. No offense mean't towards any party involved in this.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: he drank tap water today

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join