It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers down

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I hope this is resolved as peaceably as possible at this point.

Just glad to see that the LEOs aren't gunning at people who have fake guns this time.

Also, I think its safe to say dude is probably a banger. He has that look about him.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

If you really are aware of how curropt they which you may, then you know whats in store for this guy.

He might be better off dead. They will take him to county jail first and their they will have their way this guy. That to me is also as bad as him shooting them if not worse.

But hell what do i know.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

not really. Being shot as a cop is not in the job description either. It is a risk as is working in a ghetto in a mostly cash business....

Cops wear guns because they are at risk of being shot at. Liquor stores have shotguns under the counter because we are at risk of being held up.

bank tellers are behind walls of bullet proof glass because they are at risk of being held up..

Risk and job descriptions arent the same thing.

You suggest officers are paid to be shot at....

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

His argument is ridiculous i wouldnt even engage in conversation with him anymore.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

His argument is ridiculous i wouldnt even engage in conversation with him anymore.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

The guy at the liquor store (you) doesn't go through extensive training on how to deal with an active shooter. You have a shotgun and are told "if X happens, do Y". Cope PRACTICE dealing with these situations because their job description does INDEED dictate that they could encounter this situation at any time.

Your logic is akin to saying a farmer who owns a shotgun is no more prepared to fight terrorism (because hey, terrorists can strike anywhere, right?) than a soldier actively thrust into a war zone.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Local news channel reports over 150 LE vehicles in area,
the news chooper shows it as it is hundreds of LE in the area
with DHS armored tanks, etc.

I would say expect some new legislation banning automatic
weapons in CA soon, coming from Diane F.

ETA live goes at 10:00
livewire.kcra.com...

One man holed up in a house, there are 5 schools
in lockdown still at this hour.

I have not seen such a mass of LE vehicles since the
Boston Bombing, this is unreal.
edit on 25-10-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

burntheships
Local news channel reports over 150 LE vehicles in area,
the news chooper shows it as it is hundreds of LE in the area
with DHS armored tanks, etc.

I would say expect some new legislation banning automatic
weapons in CA soon, coming from Diane F.

You mean semi-auto? When I read the first part of your post "armored tanks", I was thinking well white supremacists aren't the problem after all. Which I never thought they or the militia were. Anyhow if you could clarify good sir.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Pimpintology
You mean semi-auto?

News just saying assault weapon...however the DHS tanks I did
see first hand on a live chopper feed overhead, along with hundreds
of LE vehicles from at least 4 counties.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

tadaman

not really.

Yes, really:

www.youtube.com...

Being shot as a cop is not in the job description either.

Having violence brought against them IS whether club, chain, gun or vehicle...just as it is with a soldier.

Cops wear guns because they are at risk of being shot at.

Not in England and many other places they don't.

Liquor stores have shotguns under the counter because we are at risk of being held up.

We have no need of shotguns or weapons in our liquor stores.

bank tellers are behind walls of bullet proof glass because they are at risk of being held up.

Our banks don't need that either.

Risk and job descriptions arent the same thing.

You honestly believe that "risk" ISN'T the actual job? That is a dreadful mistake.

You suggest officers are paid to be shot at....

If they are worried about leaving behind loved ones then perhaps a desk job in law enforcement might suit them better. Aside from that when you grab the bull by the tail...sometimes you get the horns.
Getting killed or injured is just the reality of the profession and those who think contrary will find they are sorely mistaken. With the current social climate, they are GOING to get shot at a whole lot more, you can count on that.
You want to believe they serve a different purpose...that's your right.
You want to call them "heroes"...go right ahead.
You want to imply "I am glad they are dead" or "They deserve it"...you're overreacting.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

JayinAR
reply to post by tadaman

Your logic is akin to saying a farmer who owns a shotgun is no more prepared to fight terrorism (because hey, terrorists can strike anywhere, right?) than a soldier actively thrust into a war zone.

Now that is a straw man argument. See you are learning the difference.

Again. Risk does not dictate job requirements. Police are not paid to get shot at. They are paid for code enforcement.

They CAN get shot at...hence the training. I can get shot at too, though if I want a gun to deal with it I TOO must get training to respond to the situations in which I would use it.

You cant just get a gun and whala ....you are a good to go.

I also fail to see how this is not tragic as you say...how is it "normal".

You can say mass if you like, I will still see the death or injury of another human as tragic....

no matter how much of a drive there is to dehumanise them....

edit on 10 26 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Wow that seems like a lot of hardware for one guy.
Is there any pics of the scene?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Currently broadcasting live, right now:
KCRA TV

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I dont "inform" myself by youtube videos. LOL.....try again.

Having violence brought against them IS whether club, chain, gun or vehicle...just as it is with a soldier.

No.
WAR is not akin to law enforcement. Where on earth did you get that load of BS from? SO you see police officers in the same dehumanising light as soldiers....I see. Interesting. Says allot about you.

So police that are CODE ENFORCERS are the same as soldiers who are sent to KILL THE ENEMY of their country? No. You cant be that blind. SO I will just assume you are being facetious to push your little narrow mindset that they are not people as a soldier is not a person to you.... lame.

Not in England and many other places they don't.

Good for them. If the US was as small as that little island with as small of a population as it, and with a less violent breed of criminals, we wouldnt either. Want a medal or something? How is that even relevant. They do respond with guns though, WHEN DEALING WITH GUNS....or do they just run to get shot one after another once a gun is drawn and fired on a peace officer...?

We have no need of shotguns or weapons in our liquor stores.

Again...good for you. Try that in NYC in the middle of various low income neighborhoods with a revolving door to prison. My shoes, dont tell me how they fit.

Our banks don't need that either.

They are blessed then. Good thing this didnt happen there or your argument might make some sense and be relevant to this subject...

You honestly believe that "risk" ISN'T the actual job? That is a dreadful mistake.

No. They arent in fact paid to die. They arent paid to kill so why would they EXPECT to die? They are paid for CODE ENFORCEMENT. No where does it say that they MUST draw their gun or that they MUST find a gun wielding criminal to validate their pay.

If they are worried about leaving behind loved ones then perhaps a desk job in law enforcement might suit them better. Aside from that when you grab the bull by the tail...sometimes you get the horns.
Getting killed or injured is just the reality of the profession and those who think contrary will find they are sorely mistaken. With the current social climate, they are GOING to get shot at a whole lot more, you can count on that.
You want to believe they serve a different purpose...that's your right.
You want to call them "heroes"...go right ahead.
You want to imply "I am glad they are dead" or "They deserve it"...you're overreacting.

Well you are entitled to keep your narrow little view of a fellow human being. You are entitled to your opinion that their loss of life is expected and thus not a tragedy.

Thats on you bub.

I will continue to see them as HUMANS like the rest of us. I will be sorrowful of their loss as I would if you get seriously hurt one day...karma....just saying.

The whole issue I had was with you DEHUMANISING them, and you know that. They are people just like us, and in this case they are MY PEOPLE. My countrymen and not just that. People who know the risk of their profession, BUT regardless put on a uniform (BULLSEYE) and go out to serve the vast majority of us without any ulterior motives beyond fulfilling their inner calling of public service.

Get to know a cop. They arent figments of your imagination from "cyborg drone comic book land"....

They are people. That is undeniable.

edit on 10 26 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This guy has nothing to live for so in my opinion I think this guy will cause as much hell as possible til he has one bullet left and end his own life.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

thesaneone
This guy has nothing to live for so in my opinion I think this guy will cause as much hell as possible til he has one bullet left and end his own life.

Can you say, "Dead as a Dorner?" Oops I meant doornail.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well i will go out on a limb with ya and say that it is most likely they will push more gun control aka infringement after this incident. Even though the criminals will get their guns whether law abiding citizens can or not.
edit on 26-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: hes tired, bed soon

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

tadaman

I dont "inform" myself by youtube videos. LOL.....try again.

This is your problem.
Acting emotionally and with sarcasm to issues better solved by logic.

No.
WAR is not akin to law enforcement. Where on earth did you get that load of BS from? SO you see police officers in the same dehumanising light as soldiers....I see. Interesting. Says allot about you.

So police that are CODE ENFORCERS are the same as soldiers who are sent to KILL THE ENEMY of their country? No. You cant be that blind. SO I will just assume you are being facetious to push your little narrow mindset that they are not people as a soldier is not a person to you.... lame.

If I knew how to post pictures here I could show you dozens of photos of cops dressed identical to soldiers just walking the streets looking like they belong in Bagdad, with tanks, armored vehicles and drones out the wazoo. They sure look like soldiers to me.

Good for them. If the US was as small as that little island with as small as a population as it, and with a less violent breed of criminals, we wouldnt either. Want a medal or something? How is that even relevant. They do respond with guns though, WHEN DEALING WITH GUNS....or do they just run to get shot one after another once a gun is drawn on a peace officer...?

Since the UK's crime rates are almost on par with America, what you said makes no sence.

Again...good for you. Try that in NYC in the middle of various low income neighborhoods with a revolving door to prison. My shoes, dont tell me how they fit.

Again with the appeal to emotion and sarcasm.

They are blessed then. Good thing this didnt happen there or your argument might make some sense and be relevant to this subject...

Once more the appeal to emotion.
The only certainty that exists between a logical person and an emotional one when arguing is the only one thinking clearly is NOT the emotional one.

No. They arent in fact paid to die. They arent paid to kill so why would they EXPECT to die? They are paid for CODE ENFORCEMENT. No where does it say that they MUST draw their gun or that they MUST find a gun wielding criminal to validate their pay.

You are once more reacting emotionally and taking what I said out of context.
It's the reality of their profession.
To ignore this is like saying a skin diver shouldn't ever have to worry about drowning or getting eaten by a ocean predator.

Well you are entitled to keep your narrow little view of a fellow human being. You are entitled to your opinion that their loss of life is expected and thus not a tragedy.

Thats on you bub.

I will continue to see them as HUMANS like the rest of us. I will be sorrowful of their loss as I would if you get seriously hurt one day...karma....just saying.

The whole issue I had was with you DEHUMANISING them, and you know that. They are people just like us, and in this case they are MY PEOPLE. My countrymen and not just that. People who know the risk of their profession, BUT regardless put on a uniform (BULLSEYE) and go out to serve the vast majority of us without any ulterior motives beyond fulfilling their inner calling of public service.

Get to know a cop. They arent figments of your imagination from "cyborg drone comic book land"....

They are people. That is undeniable.

I'm sorry but this is just an emotional rant and I'm going to skip over the bulk of it and address this one main point:

I should "get to know a cop" you say?
Where exactly do you think I got this mindset about the police from in the first place?
FROM COPS!!!
If you can refrain from the emotional content, I am only happy to continue discussing this with you.
If you can't, it's best we just "move along" for the sake of maintaining the integrity of the thread.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Looks like they are bringing in the robot.

Don't know why they can't use real tear gas not the fire starter stuff they used on dornar

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

tadaman

Stop dehumanising PEOPLE......

tell it to the cops.

and good luck with that...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join