It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The majority thinks Christians are judgemental and stupid

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Wow, this posting is still going on about such, so to be very astute in the discussion, perhaps it would be prudent to look at Christianity, from a scholarly point of view. Mind you that much of what is presented here is out there.
Christianity, for the all intents and purposes is a religion of medium age, not new like say the New Age movement, nor old like Judaism. It is an offshoot of Judaism, having sprung up during a brutal time. Christ, like some of the other religions and beliefs that came after or during, was a revolutionary. Make no mistake that is what the movement was initially.
The time that Christ walked the earth was a brutal time, one. Rome was the center of the known world, having conquered much all around them, and the area was considered a Roman Provence. Jesus, from all account, both from the bible and the records that have survived, was raised as a devout Jewish man. It would have been his immediate death to proclaim himself a god, as the Romans would have viewed it tantamount to treason. So he really never proclaimed he was a God or even a son of God. Other proclaimed him as such. It was not until the time of his death that such was stated. The religious leaders at the time viewed him as a threat, and a danger to themselves. The Romans, watched him because he had a mass following that could be used to revolt against their rule. In short he was considered dangerous and a revolutionary by the leaders at the time. So for a while it bounced between the Romans and the High Priests as what to do about him, and ultimately it fell to the High Priests to have him executed, using the Romans to do the dirty work. That was the life of the man in short.
The history of Christianity is a colorful one to say the least, where one group would proclaim that they were the correct way and another would rise up and say no they were correct. And it all started with the Apostles. There was the Apostolic Age of Christianity, which eventually gave rise to the Gnostic and the Coptic churches. That in turn was overturned and brought about by the Catholic Church. This had a split and then came the Eastern Orthodox. All along there were splits and new orders or sects coming out, each one believing that they were correct in their faith and view. That gave rise to the Reformation and Luther. Which in turn gave rise to the Protestant movement, And from there came about different versions of the same church, each stating that they have the correct teaching or new insight of what is or is not the teaching, often proclaiming the other to be false or incorrect. And at one time, they hated each other with a passion, where the one that is popular one day is turned around and found to be at the bottom at the next.
And much of the splitting and changes came with the development of the printing press and the printing of the Bible in the different language where people, the everyday people who could read, could pick up the Bible and read such. But they all had one thing in common, and that was the belief that Christianity was the correct religion, that their version was better than the last version and ultimately, they believed that everyone else was wrong and would loudly proclaim such.
The main reason why many would think that Christianity is as it is today is look at what it does, by those who are in the forefront. People like the Pope and Catholic Church. Those scandals, as many would not like to admit, but it affected the entire Christian community, not just the Catholic Church. And then people like Billy Graham, and Pat Robinson, have done further damage, and others, like Jim Baker, and even Jim Haggard, show a sheer hypocrisy on their part, proclaiming give, give, and give, yet live an opulent lifestyle, and the masses follow along. Jim Jones showed the dangers of blind faith, and others like him, which would use religion to amass power and become corrupted and believe that they are right and can do no wrong, even at the cost of their followers. Even the Westboro Baptist Church has done a lot of damage to Christianity. The question should be is it too late to change?
Having faith is a good thing, make no mistake on that. But having blind faith, and not thinking for oneself is outright dangerous and could lead to far greater damage to the whole.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Praise The Lord, that you are Saved.
Christians are Ordained of the Lord to Evangelise.
So do just that and don't worry if people judge you

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

i think you're misunderstanding me. noah's sons repopulated wide swaths of the near and middle east. one of those sons settled egypt, and another, settled ethiopia. they took the history of what happened before the flood with them. then over time, language and cultural variants, made the story nearly indistinguishable. in fact, egyptians and hebrews have a ton of cross connections and share many family lines, some are just hidden and some are misunderstood, again, because of language variants.

moses was raised in the house of pharaoh ahmose, who he has named after. he was a hyksos, also known as a habiru (hebrew). the habiru derived from nibiru (nippur) on the euphrates, originally. they had the historical data about the flood and preflood times, from the mesopotamian (sumerian, akkadian, early babylonian) viewpoint. the scholars in the house of the pharaoh ahmose, had the historical data about the flood and preflood times, from the egyptian viewpoint, which was really just the mesopotamian viewpoint (remember noah's sons) with language and cultural variants. moses was likely taught this as well.

this is what i think happened: his mom, who was hired as his namny, taught him the history of their people, and the pharaoh's scholars taught him the history of the egyptians. since he realized these were the same histories with only language variants, he told the story from both viewpoints - first, instead of using the word Adam/Atum, for the Creator(s), he used the mesopotamian Elohim, which derives, etymologically, from Alulim, the very first sumerian king in recorded history (see the sumerian kings list). Theoretically, the egyptian Atum and the hebrew Adam, both originated from the word Alulim. This means that Adam = Elohim. Moses differentiated them to make it easier for people to understand, that one was the Creator(s), and the other was the creation of the Creator. in effect, the adam were named after their creator(s).

now some would think this proves ancestor worship and thus, there was no creator deity, just guys having kids. that is not what it means. the first adam were not born, they were copies, almost like clones of some kind.

you might find this video interesting

edit on 30-10-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
addendum to above post (which see)

as regards nimrod: i had already stated that nimrod was AFTER the flood, and that jesus was identifying himself as the first pharaoh, not AFTER the flood but BEFORE the flood. the pharaohs that came after the flood, were part of nimrod's dynasty until the line ended with jesus. nimrod, himself, was a descendant of noah, which is yet another way that mesopotamian data, ended up in egyptian historical texts.

now if you follow the atum=adam=alulim=elohim concept, you will see yet another reason, jesus calls himself the second adam. first, he's telling you there's more than one adam, and secondly, he's telling you there's more than one god. there are 3, but they are all known as elohim and later, as jehovah, in the old testament.

as far as the title, son of man; consider man as a word in the old testament, stems from the word, adam. he was saying he was a son of adam. now if he's god, how can he be a son of adam? easy, adam was the name for god in egypt. if jesus was an egyptian jew, he would've recognized the name of the creator in their text and identifed himself as such -- et.al, atum. he was the second atum, and son of the first atum. who was the first atum? this is the question you should be asking

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pixelbob

Lol you are funny, and what is the goal of christianity???? To convert as many as possible, there goes another form of NWO, I dont trust any religon, I only trust myself for salvation, what a hypocrite, talks about another belief, while advocating converting as many as possible, lol religion cracks me up...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Fraudfinder

Ummm and your point is??? Oh thats write because its in a book, and its claimed to be Gods word it is right, I forgot, the Christian logic, sorry
well I guess since you follow that word ior word, do you follow Dr suess, "Green eggs and ham."? Some people think that is the word of God as well...lol

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
p.s. i realize the first adam reference is to the fallen adam, not god. but that's because the creation was named after the creator. the translators probably had a problem deciphering all of that, as it is a bit like a logic puzzle. and i don't mean that jesus was related to nimrod other than the shared ancestory from noah.

i am not completely convinced that every detail of this is accurate, i just keep finding corroborating evidence that jesus was esu, the son of cleopatra. so here goes the theory:

jesus was born to cleopatra, who was an egyptian ptolemaic jew of the line of king david (who was a pharaoh). jesus was rightful heir to the throne of israel (this explains why herod freaked out). he was adopted by julius caesar who was killed by his own men, while jesus was still young. this made jesus the rightful heir to the throne of the roman empire (this explains why octavian freaked out). and as a son of cleopatra, he was rightful heir to the throne of egypt. had he been allowed to live, he would've been the ruler of most of the civilized world. when caesar was killed, and octavian took his place, cleopatra recognized the danger to jesus, so she sent him to israel via the silk route. she then faked her own death and moved to israel herself, theoretically, taking on the hebrew name of mary. this may have been her actual hebrew name.

many scholars think that mary was mary of bythinia who was married to a merchant named joseph of arimethia. although she may have been, her original identity was cleopatra. she claimed to be isis, the virgin goddess (impregnation without intercourse being the reference here) and that made jesus the son of isis and osiris, also known as horus. remember, these are original sumerian accounts with thousands of years of language and cultural variants blurring the picture. the way these things have been further blurred is that egyptologists chose to translate everything egyptian, into greek and latin, so you have to go back to the egyptian words not the translated greek/latin examples, to find the connections. therefore, osiris isn't really spelled osiris. horus isn't really spelled horus and isis isn't really spelled isis.

connect the dots.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

According to your supreme knowledge, you know whats going to happen after death, without even experiencing death
then you claim I walk in darkness, who is really walking in darkness ?the fool who shares knowledge that he has not experienced, or a man that keeps an open mind, as he experiences his truth? You have no credibility whatsoever so the only thing you can do is revert to your tainted book, or call someone a terrorist, opps I mean sinner...If you seriously believe its okay to feel superior to people, and think its okay for people to burn in hell, then you are the true sinner, and virus to this loving earth, I wish all you haters would,just,leave there would be so much more peace.

Im tired of your sick and demented self righteous brainwashed egos, bringing harm to our home planet Gaia, you need to be ashamed that you stand for an organization that murdered countless amounts of people, destroyed land, and promotes hate... im not buying your phony dogmatic version of Christ, Christ is a loving consciousness, and it is non judgmental, you however dont know christ, you are anti christ, you stand against everything he stood for, and if he was here again he would be ashamed of you and your corrupt religon, the pharisee caused trouble then, and they cause trouble now, you will see one day....
edit on 30-10-2013 by Iamuniversalcreator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Words do not save you, consciousness saves you, actions save you, God does not care about confessions, or names and titles, only ignorant wordly people do such as dogmatic.religions, they do not know christ, they only know dogma, christ does not advocate superiority over others, because God is one with you

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Iamuniversalcreator
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Words do not save you, consciousness saves you, actions save you, God does not care about confessions, or names and titles, only ignorant wordly people do such as dogmatic.religions, they do not know christ, they only know dogma, christ does not advocate superiority over others, because God is one with you

i would have to disagree about the confessions thing. psychologically, you may harbor animosity against yourself and others, and facing this via confession, is actually a healthy way to clear your mind and conscience and develop healthier relationships. 12 step programs realize this and teach people to make a list of wrongs they've done to others and themselves, then attempt to mend the situation with the person(s). this is because a good percentage of habitual behaviors of the addict, tend to run ramshod over everyone else in their pursuit of the thing they are addicted to, including their own well being. this leaves a trail of victims, and it sets up a guilt complex in the addict, which is then covered up by more of the addiction. vicious cycle. this is true to varying degrees about any type of human interaction. so i think foremost, the idea is to forgive yourself, so you can forgive others. clear the mind of negatives. focus on the positives. etc.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
After reading through this thread I am convinced that the majority are correct, that Christians are stupid, I will only say this because I used to be one.. if you think feeling superior to another is loving you are dumb, if you think sending people to burn forever is righteous judgment coming from an supposed all powerful , all knowing God, that cant figure out any other way to keep order, then you are dumb, if you think you are a worthless sinner, because you are human, and you had no control over being born human, then you are dumb, if you cannot see that Jesus preached love for your neighbors, and yourself, and that his words were twisted and manipulated by the Powers that be of that time , to control people from being sovereign and free, then you are dumb.

If you cant see that all the major religions contain a core message centered around love, and that the powers that be want you to hate each other and control you through chaos then you are dumb.. If you think you need any religon, be it new age or whatever to save you, then you are duped, the belief that you need any type of God, angel, Ascended Master, Spirit guide, Alien, government, Money, and any of the above idols ,carved images of God, then you are duped, and subject to subservience, and subject to commit unspeakable actions upon this planet all in the sake of defending your belief.....

Belief is the root of all evil, it will kill, betray, manipulate, hate, judge, just to defend its right to exist...You are God and all is God, you do not have to proof your faith in God, you already know God, because you exist...Religon is a tool used to separate you from God it is a man made structure used to pur a middle man between you and God...Let go of the insane self righteous ego, See God in all things, God dwells inside your temple (body), God is everywhere and nowhere.. Love your neighbor as thyself, love your enemies..

You dont have to be good or bad, Christian or jew, or new age or Muslim to know you are God, God is always with you and will never forsake you..Lets come together, lets end all the religons, all the worship of idiols (thoughts of God) lets come together and love, and become a free sovereign Humanity, we do not need no Gods, angels, guides, Lucifer, ascended masters , Government, money, aliens, we only need each other!!! A unitied sovereign mankind, with much love Brian...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamuniversalcreator

well then, i guess that cinches that. i'm dumb.

(i already knew that, that's why i refer to myself as dumb old lady.)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Religon is an addiction,,subservience is an addiction, causing self harm by calling yourself a sinner, and apologizing for your own existence is an addiction.. Subservience was a drug given to us by the powers to be, to make us feel sorry for our existence, so they could control our broken will power through religion, and government....

There is no battle between negative and positive, The battle between good and evil is a pysop, used to manipulate, and control humanity from ever becoming united... one is not greater than the other, just like your right arm, does not have more value then your left arm, its about finding a balance of the two polarity extremes, and finding yourself, there is no need to confuse or feel sorry for being yourself....

here is so much suffering and evil in the world, because The human spirit is being tied down, by incompatible systems of judgement, and subservience, any attack on another is a cry for help...This made up battle of good vs evil, is creating the biggest disruption to the psyche of the Human nature... The human nature is pressured and under attack from systems trying to mold and control it, by initiating an system of judgement, and subservience, it is playing right into the hands of the third party that observers the duality game, and manipulates the situation...Strive to be yourself, strivinf to be good or bad, only creates confusion, and suppression for who you actually are...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamuniversalcreator

so you think i should do what i want to, without being subservient to someone else's will, correct?
then you won't mind me saying that i'm incredibly interested in ancient history and think jesus is the cat's meow. you don't want me to do that though. you want me to be subservient to your will for my life and even go so far as saying i should think like you. now if i'm an independent being on a god journey of my very own, shouldn't you just ...i dunno, give me the freedom to do so?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I am behind the screen of a mobile cell phone, I am not forcing you to do anything, you have the free will to take what you like from my opinion, I have my perception of reality, and you have yours, lol just because I disagree with you does not mean I am forcing you to accept my perception lol, im not forcing you to read my post, and agree that is your choice..

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Iamuniversalcreator
reply to post by undo

I am behind the screen of a mobile cell phone, I am not forcing you to do anything, you have the free will to take what you like from my opinion, I have my perception of reality, and you have yours, lol just because I disagree with you does not mean I am forcing you to accept my perception lol, im not forcing you to read my post, and agree that is your choice..

Alrighty then. i do believe you recognize each person is a soverign being. this is the sticky point that we are all interested in. how do you know you disagree with me? have you read any of my posts?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Iamuniversalcreator

According to your supreme knowledge, you know whats going to happen after death, without even experiencing death
then you claim I walk in darkness, who is really walking in darkness ?the fool who shares knowledge that he has not experienced, or a man that keeps an open mind, as he experiences his truth? You have no credibility whatsoever so the only thing you can do is revert to your tainted book, or call someone a terrorist, opps I mean sinner...If you seriously believe its okay to feel superior to people, and think its okay for people to burn in hell, then you are the true sinner, and virus to this loving earth, I wish all you haters would,just,leave there would be so much more peace.

Im tired of your sick and demented self righteous brainwashed egos, bringing harm to our home planet Gaia, you need to be ashamed that you stand for an organization that murdered countless amounts of people, destroyed land, and promotes hate... im not buying your phony dogmatic version of Christ, Christ is a loving consciousness, and it is non judgmental, you however dont know christ, you are anti christ, you stand against everything he stood for, and if he was here again he would be ashamed of you and your corrupt religon, the pharisee caused trouble then, and they cause trouble now, you will see one day....

Do you feel better? I hope so. Sometimes venting and screaming helps. You definitely have issues and I recommend you see someone in the mental health department. I don't know where all this hate came from, I guess I struck a nerve, but rest assured if you do not do something about it it will catch up to you.

Something happened when you were a small child or in your teenage years and I suggest counseling. It will help. I believe you are young (in your late twenties???) and it only your rebellious spirit reaching out. Maybe as time goes by your spirit will calm down. I hope you know that if you ever want to talk off the record I am available, just send me a message.

I believe you are a better man than the posts you have made here on this thread. I will pray for you and I hope the Holy Spirit will visit you soon.

This will be my last post on this thread.
edit on 30-10-2013 by Fraudfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Stormdancer777,

Thank you for your reply.

I do not doubt it because I resonate with some posters more than others (even though I normally do not communicate it).

At any rate, I am at the point of trying to repackage everything back together and cannot do it at the moment - it is extremely frustrating having so many conflicting views and trying to create harmony between it.

Stormdancer777
reply to post by DMFL1133

I went from a christian to agnosticism; to neo-paganism with a Goddess slant (unusual); and slowly sliding to atheism even though I have had a lot of unique spiritual experiences.

I took a similar journey and came back around full circle,

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

DMFL1133
Stormdancer777,

Thank you for your reply.

I do not doubt it because I resonate with some posters more than others (even though I normally do not communicate it).

At any rate, I am at the point of trying to repackage everything back together and cannot do it at the moment - it is extremely frustrating having so many conflicting views and trying to create harmony between it.

Stormdancer777
reply to post by DMFL1133

I went from a christian to agnosticism; to neo-paganism with a Goddess slant (unusual); and slowly sliding to atheism even though I have had a lot of unique spiritual experiences.

I took a similar journey and came back around full circle,

I understand the position you are in completely.

I am still struggling, you cannot put the genie back in the bottle.
But I don't regret the road I took, I learned many things.

There is a delicate balance,

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Iamuniversalcreator
[ christ does not advocate superiority over others, because God is one with you

CHRIST ADVOCATES PERSONAL AND INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM,
AND AS SUCH YOU SHOULD COVET THIS RELATIONSHIP.

GOD BLESS

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join