It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

28 Signs That The West Coast Is Being Absolutely Fried With Nuclear Radiation From Fukushima

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Thank you OP star and flag. I have been watching this very closely. Although not the bears. I have been reading articles about fish in Oregon and Washington suffering the same symptoms as radiation poisoning and no one checks them for radiation they simply say its an illness. In western Canada the people are up in arms per news articles. They have pushed and pushed to get the government out there to test the fish. The natives have also noticed symptoms of radiation poisoning.

It's right in front of everyone's eyes. Heck the Canadians used to do Youtube videos with the radiation readings from rain water. I'd watch in horror thinking "DON'T TOUCH THAT!" "WTF ARE YOU DOING!?!?" One guy who did a lot of videos is probably developing cancer right now. I know a lot of people will say oh but radioactive decay takes care of it. Uh yeah it turns it into another form of radioactive matter.

Then bio-accumulation and on and on. I stopped eating Tuna as well which really sucks I loved Tuna. I will never eat seafood again. Why isn't deadliest catch checking the crab for radiation? Probably because they wouldn't be able to sell it. Sales of Crab, Lobster, and Shrimp would plummet. High concentrations are going right into the Bering Sea. Anyhow thanks for putting a spotlight on this.

edit on 25-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: way too much fluoride

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

minkmouse
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I have the same issues with my two cats. I used to open a can of tuna and they were circling my leg like sharks meowing like crazy. Today they'll still meow and circle but put some in a bowl on the floor and they want nothing to do with it?

I tried eating my favorite meal - tuna in little pastry cupcakes. Every time I tried it, my tailpipe felt like it had sunburn for a week. No other food has given me that side effect - not spicy curries, charcoal crisp burgers or hot pepper pizzas.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

If plastic doesn't have a half life, then nothing is breaking down and contaminating the water. Right?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Show me the Data on your statements! Wow! I wish I could use all caps in this reply!!! What is the ATS motto?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

if i could i would have gave two stars, sun brunt tailpipe.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I highly recommend this website for montoring ration levels:

RadiationNetwork.com

Basically it is an aggregation of data from people like you and I who own radiation monitors and have then hooked up to the internet.

I've been monitoring radiation levels via RadiationNetwork.com for about two years and have seen nosignificant rise in West Coast USA radiation levels.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I was trying to find out what this does to the ecosystem and the food chain. Lots of people are saying it doesn't stay in food but that isn't true - it's an unknown for the most part but this makes a lot of sense.

TextRadioactive iodine is taken up by the thyroid in humans and marine mammals — or in the case of fish, thyroid tissue — and is also readily absorbed by seaweed and kelp. Cesium acts like potassium and is taken up by muscle. Cesium would tend to stay in solution and can eventually end up in marine sediment where, because of its long half life, it will persist for years. Because marine organisms use potassium they can also take up cesium. “Cesium behaves like potassium, so would end up in all marine life,” said Arjun Makhijani, president of the Institute for Energy and Environmental Research in Maryland. “It certainly will have an effect.”

It goes on to say that larger mammals are affected more (naturally), and these elements may become more concentrated as they move up the food chain.

e360.yale.edu...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

dbarnhart
I've been monitoring radiation levels via RadiationNetwork.com for about two years and have seen nosignificant rise in West Coast USA radiation levels.

There must be two sites then because I have seen spikes over 100 and then the meters were taken off line. They were then brought back online two days later with the explanation that they were malfunctioning when in reality it was a tritium release. So how exactly can you not see anything yet be monitoring this? I barely watched the site at all and caught those spikes.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Is Fried a technical term?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

SadistNocturne

And HERE'S why I will never eat sushi or sashimi again....

"Back in 2012, the Vancouver Sun reported that cesium-137 was being found in a very high percentage of the fish that Japan was selling to Canada…

• 73 percent of mackerel tested
• 91 percent of the halibut
• 92 percent of the sardines
• 93 percent of the tuna and eel
• 94 percent of the cod and anchovies
• 100 percent of the carp, seaweed, shark and monkfish"

Soon, it won't only be the stars shining at night in California

So, is that a hitherto unknown species of saltwater carp, then? Or are they breeding them in the reactor cooling tanks?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GeeBee

Has anyone else seen the disintegrating starfish along the pacific coasts?

You know, the first radiation that is seen is in cow's milk - they eat the grass the rain water feeds.

For all you naysayers - please, eat all the contaminated seafood to your heart's desire. Eat mine, too.

"Trust the gov't"

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

What
, well I guess I should stop frequenting Redondo Beach Pier asking for those steamed Pacific Spider Crabs...yummmmmmm!!! I really enjoyed them for decades!

In all seriousness, I know I'm being affected. The question is, what can I do about it? I have a small green leaf and citrus garden, which would last the three of us all of 90 days (these are my soil gardens fed with R/O water)...then I'm done for 60 days in soil. I successfully produce hydroponics at a rate of 45 days or more. The problem in Los Angeles County is a drought watch. If we use excessive amounts of water between this hour and that hour we're fined heavily! Then what? It would be cool if I could purify enough rainwater for reuse...but there's no rain. I've got my barrels ready to collect....yet nothing for months....no water since I can remember. What's crazy about the precipitation, is that I live in the San Gabriel Mountain Foothills. We usually get all the rain....but, as of yet, nothing measurable. Lately, we have had some Marine Layer, so I put my bags out and at most i collect about 1/2 inch of water over a three day at period at best. That's not even enough to drink!

I'll tell you one thing, I purify my rainwater barrels. I will use it as I please to feed my family when the rains will hopefully be plentiful.

I will say that my beloved local sweet tasting Pacific Ocean spider crabs that have been a staple for my family...are now tasting mighty sour. I thought maybe it was due to age, possibly, i got the wrong one (one of theses crabs weighs about 15 pounds) but after a year of eating these local crabs, they all taste sour which is the opposite of their sweet flavor. I actually like them far better than crabs from all the other Seas.

However, as of June 2013, I ceased eating the grat Pacific Ocean Spider Crab due to the flavor (some of them can stand as much as three feet tall). You're right, something's not right here in the deep Pacific. Nothing tastes the same anymore....it's all sour!

I love my local seafood and all, but I have even switched dairy to almond milk, because even the milk is all wrong...so is the cheese.

Something's not right...that's for sure!
edit on 10/26/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I live in Wisconsin - we are, or will be, affected to. Just a matter of time.

Oh, sweet mother nature - we love you, so.

Think of all the other nuclear power plants along water ways - why aren't we doing something now to prevent more damage - this is only a matter of time, too.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

The only thing I have to say to tour reply is, we don't really need government to tell us that our dairy and seafood is distasteful or pisspor. People like me, who shop farmers markets and local seaside fisheries every werkend, already know because, nothing tastes the same. Not even similar tastes to a year ago.

An entity such as the government, is unfortunately, not going to be reliable due to slow testing times. Nothing new to someone like me. But, for those who visit the Northwest Coast (San Francisco and uppers) should beware of contamination and not wait on the government to tell you how unsafe the foods are. Locals are saying this and have been for almost two years now.

As a matter of fact, I'm putting everyone along with the message and info in this thread...be cautious eating So. Cal., seafood and northern.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I live in Wisconsin - we are, or will be, affected to. Just a matter of time.

Oh, sweet mother nature - we love you, so.

Think of all the other nuclear power plants along water ways - why aren't we doing something now to prevent more damage - this is only a matter of time, too.

That's an incredibly great question! My answer is....I don't know

Any ideas on what we can do? My states dilema is pretty much the fact that we rely on states as far away as almost 1500 miles sometimes for water. By the way, have you seen and/or noticed the decline of Lake Mead, which is just minutes outside of Las Vegas?! It's awful!!! Terribly awful!

I could run from Southern California! But lol...the only other place I own property is in KwaZulu Natal, South Africa....which is having the same exact problem we are here in So. Cal. Anyway, I like it here...we all work together, we support one another and that's what matters to me and my family.

I have a coupe of ideas that have been offered to water.org. They were interested in my plan and I'm waiting to hear back. But for all of us everywhere within these Great States and especially us western coastal folks...We Need Help Now!!!

We have literally, run out of water and there are tens of thousands and thousands of acres here in California that depend on others water sources to feed America and the world. We're out of water, let alone clean water and time!

We need help now!!! Our economy is failing....but the people of Californa is giving it their all. How can we clean up ths mess? There must be a way to turn dirty water into clean water. Maybe, we could use the material the local hash makers use to filter the polluted water. I don't have the answer, but I'm willing to try anything. We gotta do something.

Pretty soon, every Calfornian will have an extra finger!!! Or two!!!!
edit on 10/26/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Alaska Air replaces uniforms after attendants say it sickened them
www.krem.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

EllaMarina
Fur loss and open sores... awful.
I thought there wasn't any actual radioactivity, that it was just a big debris field and little else... and also that the currents would pull it away from the west coast before it reached it.
Have I been misinformed? I think the information was from Fox News, if that helps.

Those could be caused by the toxic chemicals washed offshore - the debris field isn't just floating on the surface but goes all the way down. Paints, oils, house cleaning agents, hair products, anti-freeze. All those countainers are going to slowly rust and disintegrate, and release their contents.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

So you have plumes in the air and water evaporating from the ocean creating rain which is also polluted, so we all get a nice dose of radioactive rain. There is no escape. Being radiated is one thing, but we're also ingesting it. What part of certain death does people not understand??
edit on 26-10-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I am starting to think a gieger counter might be a good thing for grocery shopping.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well now I feel depressed....
Looks like all the doom and gloom maybe true and if so , then it is just a matter of time before it all ends.

I have stuff to do ...........

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join