It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

28 Signs That The West Coast Is Being Absolutely Fried With Nuclear Radiation From Fukushima

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I definitely think that way so agree - why would they build something like this by the sea. I wasn't aware of weak points inland but Japan has always had quakes and tsunamis. Tsunami is a Japanese word for the love of god, and... they build it by the ocean? It was stupid to build it there - irresponsible. Of course I am biased too - I hate seeing ugly stuff by something as beautiful as the ocean.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

"It was stupid to build it there ",,,no it was built there ,,for cost effectiveness,,what is/was stupid,, was
1: the Sea Wall failed.
2:FAIL SAFE- Control Gate Valves,in innaccesable locations
3:, Generators in the basement,,
4: Fuel pools, on top of the roof.
but ya other than that.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
You know, as much as I know Fukushima is a disaster of epic proportions, I get really bummed when people spread gloom and doom about the West Coast dying off.

Better pack my iodine pills, Geiger counter and Rad-suit so I can make my living, I guess.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The real question is, is it really as bad as many people are making it out to be? It's so hard to tell really. With everyone deceiving and lying when it comes to the media/internet. There are so many crack pot fear mongering types out there that try to sell bull# to the public for attention, money, mental reasons, and why ever else. Not to mention the news casts out there lying and manipulating everything. Yes, Fukushima was a disaster, and a bloody tragedy for Japan, and the world. There are just soo many little pieces of information that play into this complex situation that most average people just don't understand, me included.

How bad is the daily leakage really? Maybe they still haven't told us all a realist amount being released daily?

How much of this will make it around the world/west coast?

Does the amount currently being leaked really affect the ocean that much?

Is the ocean so vast that this amount will take a long time to accumulate or will it happen fast?

Will the ocean act as a buffer of any sort to dampen the severity of the situation?

Will the radiation really affect aquatic ocean life THAT much?

How unstable is Fukushima right now?

If more quakes/ natural occurrence were to hit, and the fuel rods / cores were stirred up badly, would that really be so powerful but to end/change life on earth as we know it?

I could keep coming up with these questions all night. Fukushima and the situation at hand is just so complicated and we are all just plugging away at a complicated equation with numbers we simply don't have/know. Numbers fed to us by the people that lie to us daily. Not to mention understanding how it all really plays out on the environment. We can guess but no one has really witnessed such an event before to really say for certain. . It's pathetic really. You would think humans would learn but we don't. Not even me. I would like to think I do but if I was rich and powerful maybe I would still be building nuclear plants too.
edit on 25-10-2013 by iKronS because: adding more.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Just read another thread called the ocean is broken......
Different disaster, but the effects are the same....mass die off of ocean creatures.
With radiation, and over fished stocks decimating sea life,its not going to matter what we eat......were all gonna suffur from this to some degree....The food chain begins in the sea.....I wonder how the Plankton are doing?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I would like to pose an important question.

When the economy tanks, and money becomes worth the paper its written on, and people walk away from theirs jobs.....

What happens to all the nuclear power plants that invade not just the usa, but across the world like fleas?

We have seen what one meltdown can do. From chernobyll to fukishima.... How about the hundreds of others?

It just seems to me, like we've signed the death warrant of this planet, we're about to turn it into a beautiful blue ball of radiation.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Sad, good point. And they are building more. Somewhere in England they are planning some huge expansion from nuclear energy, saw it on the news here in Vancouver, Canada.

I hope the people operating these plants would have some decency and understanding that if they didn't fully deactivate the reaction that they wouldn't have much home to flea and hide too for long.
edit on 25-10-2013 by iKronS because: adding more

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
There is more than Fukushima, i got really low Levels lately:

The Die-Offs have nothing to da with Japan,
they happened always since we recorded them!
edit on 25-10-2013 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2013 by Human0815 because: video

Please use the Link:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-10-2013 by Human0815 because: stupid me!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

AndyMayhew
Compared with the dozens (hundreds?) of nuclear explosions in the Pacific in the 50s, 60s and 70s then Fukushima is, literally, a drop in the ocean.

The East Pacific is probably less radioactive now than it has been since any of us were born.

Those were controlled events, not same scenario, in this case, the radiation has been leaking to the oceans for months and months and will keep leaking for who knows how many more years, possibly killing all ocean life, this is not the same as just dropping a bomb over a desolated area and make it explode mid air, that's a controlled situation and its easier to know the impact it will have.

On this case no one can stop the leaking from happening every other hour, and it will keep going on for years to come, how do you stop the mass killing of ocean life? no one knows what the effects of this will be, or how long will it take to end it all, but we know something is happening and this is the first time in history that we are under this situation, all previous detonations are different, controlled events, this is a constant radiation leak to the ocean, with no end in sight.

enenews.com... melt-arms-just-detach-single-arms-clingi
enenews.com... his-was-unexpected-expert-humpbacks-whales-rarely-seen-t
www.oregonlive.com...
www.vancouversun.com...
www.vancouversun.com...

And plenty more if you look on the web.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
How would you ever escape this? Why aren't there more people in Washington, Oregon and California showing radiation detector results?

People talk about about Cesium and Iodine, occasionally strontium, but there's been nary a word about the plutonium MOX fuel.

The Pacific is radiated. It has been for over two years now. The radiation surely gets picked up and turned into rain that makes the Pacific Northwest green. Every forest, every food crop, every product in the PNW it seems to me is going to be radioactive.

People talk about the exposure of being near an ionizing radionuclide, making comparisons to X-Rays and airplane flights.
With something like Fukushima we are getting a steady stream of hot particles that once INGESTED sits inside your body and fries your DNA for the next millennium. They'll have to put your corpse in a lead coffin.

Most nori seaweed comes from around Japan and Korea. Annie Chung products say they are using nori from Korea now and that it's not subject to Fukushima radiation. All the seafood, all the dairy in the PNW, and every food product.
Don't forget wine as well. Lots and lots of wine comes out of California. Do you think they are going to let it get out how bad the radiation is? I haven't bought wine from the Northern Hemisphere since March 2011. Plenty of quality vitners in South America.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

My cats won't eat salmon.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
And I think the water jetstream wil bring this nuclear disaster over the whole world. . It's goddamn disaster my kids wil grow up with nuclear food soon we can buy Geiger counters in your local market for the price of 14, 99 to scan your food.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by Martin75

one of mine use to love to drink the water, from the packed in water cans. she won't even do that now.
so far there have been five members post this, now i realize there maybe some cats that don't like tuna or fish at all. but for that many members whose cats that use to love it then just stop, got to make you wonder.

there was one members whose cat stopped eating whitefish and salmon just like mine.

i've been trying to find out some info about what kind of tuna and where it comes from, so far not mush luck, most just say tuna.

i might try to contact a manufacturer tomorrow, and see if they can tell me where they get their tuna, whitefish and salmon from.

i know that there are a lot of salmon farms, so that maybe nothing there, i don't know about white fish.

ETA: it appears that they also farm tuna. still looking.

edit on 24-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

Our two cats ( 7 and 9 y/o )now turn their noses up on Salmon and tuna...no matter how we cook it or if it's from a can...They simply will not eat it anymore... Hummm...now you've all got me thinking....Thanks !!!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
My cat used to eat tuna (flakes in vegetable oil). Not anymore. I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty confident this year he hasn't touched it. All he does is smell the plate, then walk away, something shaking a paw (another sign he doesn't like it).

I still have a can, so here's where our tuna comes from:
Made in Thailand
"fished from the sea"
Fished from... and I kid you not, Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Ocean (with no means to identify where this particular lot comes from)!
Mfg date 30.04.2012

(product page here: www.hame.cz...)

Now if only I had a Geiger counter. Are those things expensive?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

If this article is reliable, it kind of sounds like this dire prediction from many a year ago playing out....

OH GOD, PLEASE! NOT THE PROPHECIES AGAIN !!!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

It may be they have nothing to do with Japan (although I'm sure the disfigured fish do), but something is causing fur loss, skin lesions, and aborted pups. Unless these things have also been the norm.

Animal die offs aren't new. They have increased though. Strange disease that looks like measles killing dolphins, krill die offs, star fish even...these are things I have never heard about. If even researchers are concerned something is up. A coincidence of many things causing this all coming together now is strange - as they will likely explain them away independent of each other. The big picture is what is alarming - something is off. Maybe it's the accumulation - too much stress on the ecosystem. The oceans are massive from our frame of reference but big doesn't equal infallible.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

xxshadowfaxx
I would like to pose an important question.

When the economy tanks, and money becomes worth the paper its written on, and people walk away from theirs jobs.....

What happens to all the nuclear power plants that invade not just the usa, but across the world like fleas?

We have seen what one meltdown can do. From chernobyll to fukishima.... How about the hundreds of others?

It just seems to me, like we've signed the death warrant of this planet, we're about to turn it into a beautiful blue ball of radiation.

These things are not going to happen. The World is not suddenly going to "walk away from" all of their jobs and money is not suddenly going to become worthless. Really, the lust for the end of it all and the constant fear mongering on here have just gotten to be ridiculous. This used to be a really cool site to see new things and explore new ideas. Now it's just a bunch of "THE END IS NIGH!!!" screeching.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I bought Trader Joe's (Grocery stores and Manufacture of groceries in California) salmon dip. I got the stomach ache from that! I threw it out. I did not occur to me that it was radiated! I live on the East coast! I would be picky about what you buy from Trader Joes and the Asian stores.

Here what I think: The people on the coasts of the Pacific Ocean need to make some hard choices about helping to
clean up this mess. Volunteering for free. If you live there you should be very concerned about getting that mess cleaned up and stopped. I see Japan, Alaska, Canada, and the West coast of the USA as having many cancers and a serious population cull. Pollution kills. Pesticides, Radiation, Electromagnetic radiation... all lead to cancer, infertility, and death.

It will take a monumental environmental human collective effort to fix this now. Polar bears need to be relocated to Russia, Iceland, and Greenland. Athough, if their fur is falling out their ability to reproduce is over, they have radiation sickness. This week on the internet 2 large eel fish that were found in California washed up dead on the coast. Those eel fish live in the vast depths of the ocean probably died from the radiation. Does anyone know if the radiation is heavier than the water molecules? Is the radiation sinking to the deep parts of the ocean?

This radiation clean up is the most important issue for the people living in the ring of fire. Last week, there was an article on the internet written by a sailor who claimed the Pacific ocean was dead and filled with Japan's debris. He stated there were less fish and birds in the Pacific Ocean. This is very sad. Why aren't there World Environmental Laws and clean up programs concerned and working together on this?! This should be covered constantly on the news to get people involved in cleaning up the mess. I would not swim or eat any thing in the Pacific ocean if I lived over there. It just isn't safe.
edit on 25-10-2013 by frugal because: spelling

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

How long til the super powers come!!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Ahhh. I give my dogs food with salmon - they don't want anything from the latest bag.

Curious.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join