It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

28 Signs That The West Coast Is Being Absolutely Fried With Nuclear Radiation From Fukushima

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The map below comes from the Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center. It shows that radiation levels at radiation monitoring stations all over the country are elevated. As you will notice, this is particularly true along the west coast of the United States. Every single day, 300 tons of radioactive water from Fukushima enters the Pacific Ocean. That means that the total amount of radioactive material released from Fukushima is constantly increasing, and it is steadily building up in our food chain.

Ultimately, all of this nuclear radiation will outlive all of us by a very wide margin. They are saying that it could take up to 40 years to clean up the Fukushima disaster, and meanwhile countless innocent people will develop cancer and other health problems as a result of exposure to high levels of nuclear radiation. We are talking about a nuclear disaster that is absolutely unprecedented, and it is constantly getting worse. The following are 28 signs that the west coast of North America is being absolutely fried with nuclear radiation from Fukushima…

1. Polar bears, seals and walruses along the Alaska coastline are suffering from fur loss and open sores…

Wildlife experts are studying whether fur loss and open sores detected in nine polar bears in recent weeks is widespread and related to similar incidents among seals and walruses.

The bears were among 33 spotted near Barrow, Alaska, during routine survey work along the Arctic coastline. Tests showed they had “alopecia, or loss of fur, and other skin lesions,” the U.S. Geological Survey said in a statement.

www.activistpost.com...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And HERE'S why I will never eat sushi or sashimi again....

"Back in 2012, the Vancouver Sun reported that cesium-137 was being found in a very high percentage of the fish that Japan was selling to Canada…

• 73 percent of mackerel tested
• 91 percent of the halibut
• 92 percent of the sardines
• 93 percent of the tuna and eel
• 94 percent of the cod and anchovies
• 100 percent of the carp, seaweed, shark and monkfish"

Soon, it won't only be the stars shining at night in California

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
and just guess where all the ,,,BAIT FOR LOBSTER,,,,traps,,are comming from,,,well at least from this area,, JAPAN.

wonder if u have too meet the same STANDARD'S,,,,,,for BAIT?,,,,,,just curious.
edit on 10/24/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If this is true, the smiley face may be a bit in bad taste.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
i have some cats, and they loved the canned tuna cat food. over the past year, they won't eat it.
i even tried to feed some starkist, just turn their nose up at it.

if the cats won't eat it, there's something wrong.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I have the same issues with my two cats. I used to open a can of tuna and they were circling my leg like sharks meowing like crazy. Today they'll still meow and circle but put some in a bowl on the floor and they want nothing to do with it?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

i'm glad there's some one else that seen this, i was afraid to say anything because i thought people would say i'm crazy.

have you ever tried to give them, whitefish or salmon cat food. mine will start but only take a bite or two of those too.

talk about opening the can meowing and circling, sometimes i like to mess with my cats when i go to the kitchen, i push the can opener and they come a running.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

edit on 24-10-2013 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Compared with the dozens (hundreds?) of nuclear explosions in the Pacific in the 50s, 60s and 70s then Fukushima is, literally, a drop in the ocean.

The East Pacific is probably less radioactive now than it has been since any of us were born.

Full of plastic though ..... that's a very different matter and one people ought be concerned about. Plastic doesn't have a half life ..... And that's without all the other chemicals weve been pumping out into the oceans for decades. Still, why worry about what we're doing every day when we can be worried about something someone else did?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Yep...Won't touch Whitefish and only take small bites of Salmon

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Maybe the Japanese are getting back at the US for nuking them in WWII. Now WE are being nuked.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Nah. Read the article. Projected to be 5 to 10 times MORE radioactive than in the hayday of nuclear bomb testing. I agree about the plastic though.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

My cats won't eat canned fish either. We thought it was odd, but figured they just didn't like fish. Surely the cat food makers use fish from everywhere - not just the Pacific.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
29. My hair has started to fall out since I moved back from overseas
(for work, for a bit)
Seriously

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Fur loss and open sores... awful.
I thought there wasn't any actual radioactivity, that it was just a big debris field and little else... and also that the currents would pull it away from the west coast before it reached it.
Have I been misinformed? I think the information was from Fox News, if that helps.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

AndyMayhew
Compared with the dozens (hundreds?) of nuclear explosions in the Pacific in the 50s, 60s and 70s then Fukushima is, literally, a drop in the ocean.

Ermm, perhaps you should open the link and read the article, although it does need some sort of source to back this claim up though...

Text 22. It is being projected that the entire Pacific Ocean will soon “have cesium levels 5 to 10 times higher” than what we witnessed during the era of heavy atomic bomb testing in the Pacific many decades ago.

If this article is reliable, it kind of sounds like this dire prediction from many a year ago playing out....

a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

Maybe if radiation levels get high enough, ships hulls could become so contaminated that they have to be scrapped?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

People should restrain from eating fish, or anything that eats fish. This is just the tip of the game, but "seafood" is a thing of the past for sensible people (just as eating meat or dairy should be a thing of the past for intelligent people, imnho).

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by minkmouse

i'm glad there's some one else that seen this, i was afraid to say anything because i thought people would say i'm crazy.

Too late, j/k...

I have a cat, who like Mikey would eat anything.. I don't feed her that kind of food, but I'll buy some to test this hypothesis..

Post the out come later..

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by SadistNocturne

People should restrain from eating fish, or anything that eats fish. This is just the tip of the game, but "seafood" is a thing of the past for sensible people (just as eating meat or dairy should be a thing of the past for intelligent people, imnho).

So what's left to eat? GMO corn?

Eating meat and dairy is fine if you buy from a local farmer or from a market that sources locally.

Atlantic seafood should still be okay...for now.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think it will be interesting when you start to see all the wealthy people begin to sell off their homes on the West Coast moving more towards the Midwest/East coast... Once that begins, I'm sure many will not be able to deny what's going on to the coast.

It's also very bothersome that this story with all the developments in Fukushima is being so heavily under reported. This is the world at risk and MANY journalists/media outlets refuse to DO THE RIGHT THING. Which is informing the masses to what's going on.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Tested it. The cats here love me right now. The tuna was gone in less than a minute.

Something is fishy about this more so than the Tuna IMHO.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join