It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police shoot 13 year old carrying fake rifle.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I can see where this is headed and I do not like it one bit. Cops shot anything that moves because they say they are fearful for their lives. Well just what, regular people are fearful for their lives as well. If this does not stop people are going to start thinking a cop is going to shot and kill them every time they see one. I was at a fast food joint the other day and this cops was in there. I was joking thinking "She had better get this order right or he may shot up the place" Now that I said as a joke to my self but people are going to start being that scared of cops and that is not a good thing. I am wondering if this keeps up just how long until it becomes open season on cops and it gets to a point of "shot on sight". If that does happen then it will be all the government needs to declare marshal law. I swear I am starting to think that is what someone wants. It seems the people are getting pushed more and more each day. Does someone really dumb enough to want a civil war to start? If such a thing did start then their would be no winners. All sides would lose.
I want off this planet.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

Something that occurred near me the other day was an 80 year old man shot 7 or 8 times by police while laying in his bed. The police seemed to have some information that there was a meth lab in the residence but that was not the case at all. No meth, just an 80 year old man asleep in his bed.

It would take far too long to list all of the, "accidental", police shootings in the Southern California area this year.

I think that a lot of these, "accidental", police shootings happen because people who do not know that they are being targeted do not respond fast enough to police commands. Maybe we should have mandatory public education classes on how to react when you hear any kind of police activity. Or when you see police simply get on your knees and hands behind your head until told otherwise.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I hate to admit, but i love when things like this happen. Why? Here's why;

Crap like this happens all the time, some make it to the news, some don't. But you guys can still tolerate this and get on with your daily lives after ranting a little online.

Honestly, if this happened where i live, there would be outrage, there would be protest in the streets, the citizens would take it right to the doorsteps of the police station and demand answers. The ENTIRE police district would go under investigation to see if the force needs more training or whatnot. As a police officer, you represent the ENTIRE force. If you made a mistake, there is clearly a problem in the force. That's my two cents.

DUDE, you just killed a CHILD with a FAKE GUN. Was he a threat or not, this is not hard to find out where i live, but in America, they only show what you want to see. Even if the gun had a red tip, no one would know.

Toleration is what your government is monitoring from you folks. Squeezing you guys little by little. At first it was hard to accept, but since you guys aren't doing anything, what can we (people not in America) do asides from watching as if some reality show. By the way, where's my popcorn?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Skorpious909
reply to post by blackthorne

I think that a lot of these, "accidental", police shootings happen because people who do not know that they are being targeted do not respond fast enough to police commands. Maybe we should have mandatory public education classes on how to react when you hear any kind of police activity. Or when you see police simply get on your knees and hands behind your head until told otherwise.

LOL, so you're walking down the street, and you see a police. You're telling me at that moment you're going to get on your knees and put your hands behind your back? Yea, you go do that and lead by example.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

A 13 year old "easily outgun the the officers" !!! I am so glad your not a cop.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Since the 1997 handgun ban, the homicide rate in the United Kingdom has either increased or stayed around the same (it hasn't significantly dropped below the homicide rate in 1997 in the 16 years since). Meanwhile in the US, we're experiencing record numbers of gun sales and hitting lows in our homicide rates we haven't seen since the 50's. By your analysis, you'd think we'd be all killing each other and England's homicide rate would be plummeting. That simply is not so. You may want to reconsider your position.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-10-2013 by Highground because: Added source

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

fixer1967
I can see where this is headed and I do not like it one bit. Cops shot anything that moves because they say they are fearful for their lives. Well just what, regular people are fearful for their lives as well. If this does not stop people are going to start thinking a cop is going to shot and kill them every time they see one. I was at a fast food joint the other day and this cops was in there. I was joking thinking "She had better get this order right or he may shot up the place" Now that I said as a joke to my self but people are going to start being that scared of cops and that is not a good thing. I am wondering if this keeps up just how long until it becomes open season on cops and it gets to a point of "shot on sight". If that does happen then it will be all the government needs to declare marshal law. I swear I am starting to think that is what someone wants. It seems the people are getting pushed more and more each day. Does someone really dumb enough to want a civil war to start? If such a thing did start then their would be no winners. All sides would lose.
I want off this planet.

This says something about you more then the officer Your trying to apply your version of reality to the world. My suggestion take a nice vacation sounds to me your on edge and about to crack.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

yeaok
I hate to admit, but i love when things like this happen. Why? Here's why;

Crap like this happens all the time, some make it to the news, some don't. But you guys can still tolerate this and get on with your daily lives after ranting a little online.

Honestly, if this happened where i live, there would be outrage, there would be protest in the streets, the citizens would take it right to the doorsteps of the police station and demand answers. The ENTIRE police district would go under investigation to see if the force needs more training or whatnot. As a police officer, you represent the ENTIRE force. If you made a mistake, there is clearly a problem in the force. That's my two cents.

DUDE, you just killed a CHILD with a FAKE GUN. Was he a threat or not, this is not hard to find out where i live, but in America, they only show what you want to see. Even if the gun had a red tip, no one would know.

Toleration is what your government is monitoring from you folks. Squeezing you guys little by little. At first it was hard to accept, but since you guys aren't doing anything, what can we (people not in America) do asides from watching as if some reality show. By the way, where's my popcorn?

So not so different here then they went to protest at the police station they are demanding an investigation so glad to see it works the same where you are.Id say the difference here is its all on video for review because the police car would have caught it when they said the officers opened the doors and hid behind them guarantee the camera caught it all.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

caseyjams
reply to post by Vasa Croe

A 13 year old "easily outgun the the officers" !!! I am so glad your not a cop.

Depends on what they have doesnt it? Patrolman dont have the fire power for assault rifles nor the combat training to handle the situation.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

dragonridr
[

So not so different here then they went to protest at the police station they are demanding an investigation so glad to see it works the same where you are.Id say the difference here is its all on video for review because the police car would have caught it when they said the officers opened the doors and hid behind them guarantee the camera caught it all.

Only problem with that is none of it is on video, no video in thoes units...

It's simply the word of the fearful officers. Who KNOW in their right to execute anyone that Scares them!
edit on 25-10-2013 by Dav1d because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

SANTA ROSA, California (Reuters) - No more than 10 seconds elapsed from the time sheriff's deputies spotted a 13-year-old California boy carrying what they thought was an assault rifle and the moment they shot him dead, only to learn afterward the gun was a plastic replica, police said on Thursday.

Less than ten seconds, and in that time they allegedly identified himself as police and ask this child to drop his toy, and the child is dead. Ten very short seconds. Ten seconds to do that, and pull the trigger 8 times, just getting 8 aimed shots off in ten seconds is very good.

We must also remember that the officers chose the time and place, they came up on this kid from behind, they chose how close to approach, how much they needed to see...

Source: my.chicagotribune.com.../-1/article/p2p-77899930/

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
As far as the child pointing the gun at the officers, we are hearing it from a spokesman (unless the actual officers did an interview last night or today). A video would tell much about the angle of the toy gun and the officers.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
He was shot in the right buttocks, and in his right hip, and right wrist, which suggest that he was shot from behind... And as he was turning to face the officers... He was shot seven times, and again I ask where is the blood? He was suppose to be laying on his his toy gun, and there is no blood to be seen...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Dav1d
He was shot in the right buttocks, and in his right hip, and right wrist, which suggest that he was shot from behind... And as he was turning to face the officers... He was shot seven times, and again I ask where is the blood? He was suppose to be laying on his his toy gun, and there is no blood to be seen...

The heroic cops that shoot a 13 yr old boy in the back.
When do they get their medals?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

roadgravel
As far as the child pointing the gun at the officers, we are hearing it from a spokesman (unless the actual officers did an interview last night or today). A video would tell much about the angle of the toy gun and the officers.

The actual officer is remaining in hiding, and has gotten himself a lawyer... His name is being protected. Just another example of how there are two sets of laws, one for citizens, and a far more protective one for LEOs and those with power over us.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Dav1d

roadgravel

The actual officer is remaining in hiding, and has gotten himself a lawyer... His name is being protected. Just another example of how there are two sets of laws, one for citizens, and a far more protective one for LEOs and those with power over us.

And it would not surprise me one jot if their "story" about what happened is in the fiction section at the library. You make a very fine and valid point... one set of rules for them and a different set for everyone else.
And there lies the cause of my anger.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Dav1d

roadgravel

So much for the police working for the tax payer. Not surprised he is laying low. If it was a citizen the name would be all over the news.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

OneManArmy

Wrabbit2000

Stand your ground and/or castle doctrine has absolutely no application to what happened here. Neither relates to armed deputies lawfully stopping someone who is breaking the law on a public street.

BUT the kid wasnt breaking the law, and even if he was, it didnt deserve his summary execution on the spot.
Summary execution of "suspects" is how a tyrannical regime carries out its "justice". If you cannot see that as a normal citizen let alone a supposedly better informed member of society the likes of an ATS member, then I feel sorry for all americans.

That would be at least the second time it's been suggested the kid wasn't breaking any law.

That is absolutely false and wrong. He was in violation of California State Law. That isn't even a question as the law is exceptionally clear and, mercifully short. It's covered under California Penal Code 20170.

I quoted a good section of the relevant code in this post if it may help for context.

No one, even the media (never pro-cop, in that state above most) is claiming they shot the kid for breaking that law though. Has anyone yet confirmed what happened in the moments that led to the gunshots?

That was still unresolved and the issue the whole question of justification hinged on, last I'd followed the thread closely.

@ XCathdra

I see you found more updated info indicating it was pointing at them? Thanks for adding that. This is going to be one to follow closely. I still want to know who gave that thing to a 13yr old anywhere, but especially in a state like California.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Can you show me in that law where it states that punishment for the crime of openly carrying a toy is an offence that carries the punishment of summary execution on the spot, with bullets in the back.

I wait patiently.

And also show me a law that states openly carrying a real firearm is punishable by summary execution by bullets to the back.
The last I knew, cops being judge, jury and executioner existed only in the realms of Judge Dread.
edit on 201310America/Chicago10am10amFri, 25 Oct 2013 10:00:04 -05001013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
One doesn't have to go very far to see the double standard here.

Just imagine a citizen shooting an officer in the back when he fails to drop his gun, when requested; out of "fear" for seeing an armed adult on the street. In this community, the community has reason to fear the police far more than an armed terrorist on there street. Who actually believe for a minute that citizen wouldn't have his name blasted all over the media? Wouldn't be lockup in the local jail, waiting to stand trial.

This so called "professional" misidentified not only the weapon, but the age of the child, and would have us believe he can't tell the difference between a child and adult at thirty feet. What is such a person with such poor eyesight doing on the force? This department doesn't want oversight, doesn't want to answer to the public it claims to serve.

When one is authorized to use lethal force they must be held to a higher standard, than those who are not. Not simply given the right to execute anyone, simply out of fear!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I seriously think someone somewhere has to say, police shoot a 13 year old wtf. I don't see how police are protecting people if they are shooting there children.

Im British and I'm proud of fact guns are not easy to get in my country, and are regimented.

I'd suggest a zero tolerance approach normal police don't carry they seem unable to use restraint nor do they remain so freely available.

I'm sure if common sense prevailed with guns and there culture there would be less deaths because of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join