It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on the Run

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Sebelius on the Run

The HHS Secretary refuses to testify about ObamaCare's rollout.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is even refusing to testify before the House Energy and Commerce Committee in a hearing this coming Thursday.

The department is also refusing to make available lower-level officials who might detail the source or sources of this debacle. Ducking an investigation with spin is one thing. Responding with a wall of silence to the invitation of a duly elected congressional body probing the use of more than half a billion taxpayer dollars is another.

So when all else fails "Run for the Hills!"

These people would be a joke if their arrogance didn't cost us so much money and misery. So why doesn't she send Henry Chao?

What bunker is Henry Chao hiding in, for instance? He's the HHS official in charge of technology for the Affordable Care Act, and in March he said at an insurance lobby conference that his team had given up trying to create "a world-class user experience." With the clock running, Mr. Chao added that his main goal was merely to "just make sure it's not a third-world experience." He didn't succeed.

Nope, guess he didn't. But hey, a good 3rd world experience is just what many American need right? Just wait until Americans finally get past the website and on to the actual "medical help." Then Sebelius and her cronies will really be running for the hills. Carpetbaggers, the lot of them.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Wow.
This reads like some script from a Saturday Night Live skit.

That is really sad for our country.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Why is it that once you head up major organizations in government, you can exempt yourself from testifying? I'm sure if a court subpoenaed me, they'd throw me in jail if I refused to testify. I understand she can please the fifth, but damn at least make her sit in the witness chair. I hate these double standards for our elected officials and the stooges they hire to run their departments.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

This goes beyond her criminal actions! Look into CGI. The company that was fired by the Canadian government for not being able to do their Healthcare website!!!

Guess what, our government hired them and paid them over 200 million dollars even after the fact it was known their company was nothing more than a front for amateur programmers!!!!

Doubt me? Look into it.......

I am and I am concentrating on following the money.....starting to look like another transfer of wealth to a few whom are already wealthy.....
edit on 21-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by Bassago

This goes beyond her criminal actions! Look into CGI. The company that was fired by the Canadian government for not being able to do their Healthcare website!!!

Guess what, our government hired them and paid them over 200 million dollars even after the fact it was known their company was nothing more than a front for amateur programmers!!!!

Doubt me? Look into it.......

I am and I am concentrating on following the money.....starting to look like another transfer of wealth to a few whom are already wealthy.....
edit on 21-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

Was there ever any doubt that anything done by the US government would have 2 major features.

1. IT would cost ridiculously more than they said it would.

2. IT would be implemented in the most half-assed incompetent way possible.

Hmm let me see here, yep Check and Check, sounds like every government overreach of power in recent US history.

Par the Course really, when we expect so little from our reps, and ask for zero accountability from them, would you expect anything less?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Unfortunately, they'll get away with this as long as Congress allows their authority to be thrown back at them like this. They're equal to, not subordinate to the Executive Branch.

I say unfortunate, because we have wimps and weasels in Congress who wouldn't recognize a backbone if they had it delivered in gift wrapping with directions included.

So... Sebelius, like Holder before her, will probably go on telling Congress where to stick it until Obama asks her to show up so they'll shut up. Not much will be accomplished and few, if any answers will come for what cost the nation hundreds of millions (for a website?? REALLY?!) and left us with nothing.

....and they honestly wonder why people are so disgusted by everyone in politics on ALL sides, we want every last one of them voted out if they don't retire first. I just hope the rage carries to 2014's Mid-Term, at least. Otherwise, they'll not just THINK they can get away with this. They WILL get away with it ...effectively, with our blessings, too.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Unfortunately, they'll get away with this as long as Congress allows their authority to be thrown back at them like this. They're equal to, not subordinate to the Executive Branch.

Yep, and there is one simple thing all the branches of Government have forgotten, they are not Subordinate to each other, BUT THEY ARE Subordinate to the People.

Until the people hold them accountable, nothing will ever change.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
NOBODY gets fired for ANYTHING in this administration.
Sebelius isn't going anywhere.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

...we have wimps and weasels in Congress who wouldn't recognize a backbone if they had it delivered in gift wrapping with directions included.....

ROTFLMAO You forgot to mention TRAITORS!

Why in Hades was a CANADIAN company doing the job? Oh, I forgot. When the USDA was data mining addresses and info on farmers to add to their Premises ID (and permanently remove the need for search warrants on any homes built on the property) layer Mary Zanoni found a FOIA could not be used to get information on exactly what the USDA was up to because all the data was stored on a CANADIAN COMPUTER and therefore was not subject to a USA FOIA request!

Neat bit of subterfuge huh!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I say unfortunate, because we have wimps and weasels in Congress who wouldn't recognize a backbone if they had it delivered in gift wrapping with directions included.

Nice! That's probably why they exempted themselves. If someone did send them a backbone they knew Obamacare could never install it.

Sebelius, like Holder before her, will probably go on telling Congress where to stick it until Obama asks her to show up so they'll shut up.

There's the "Hope and Change" we were promised. They hope we don't catch on and change their stories when caught, or as you (and the article) said, they just refuse to answer.

I just hope the rage carries to 2014's Mid-Term, at least.

Hopefully so, I really do but am not counting on much based on the US average level of observation or memory. Who knows statistically speaking we have to win sometimes.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Just in...............

Apparently her spokes persons said, she will schedule to testify next week.............

Sebelius to testify on ObamaCare's rocky rollout

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

hahaha.

Here I was hoping there was some YouTube video of her freaking out and actually being pursued by some sort of authority or another. Ah. I guess day dreams happen in headlines too.

On topic, no surprises there. Obama is going to be defending this botched launch of a botched law to a botched congress, an apathetic people and a smiling bunch of oligarchs till his term ends.

It won't help too much though. She had the charisma of a fist.

~Tenth
edit on 10/21/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I just wanted to add a recent AP photo of Kathleen Sebelius.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by Bassago

Just in...............

Apparently her spokes persons said, she will schedule to testify next week.............

Sebelius to testify on ObamaCare's rocky rollout

Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius has agreed to testify to Congress on ObamaCare's botched rollout soon — but not this week.

A spokeswoman for Sebelius said the secretary and other officials will testify “as early as next week,” though nothing has been confirmed so far.

OK... she folds! But not this week, maybe next week.

I'm holding my breath...
You're a funny guy Seeker, good link though. A 6 pack say's she runs for the bunker.

reply to post by beezzer

Nice pic there Beezzer, you captured her perfectly!
edit on 910pm5050pm32013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

edit on 911pm5353pm32013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by Bassago

hahaha.

Here I was hoping there was some YouTube video of her freaking out and actually being pursued by some sort of authority or another. Ah. I guess day dreams happen in headlines too.

You know what the sad thing is?

She could of done just that and it would be par the course for US government shenanigans, I swear we need to change the national Anthem to the Benny hill theme.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
And when that piece of corrupted trash like most of those that are in charge of government agencies decides that she has enough lawyers behind her ugly butt, she will agree to a congress hearing just to have the arrogance to claim the 5th Amendment, then is just business as usual.

We all citizens should do the same when the IRS comes around to see why we are not enrolled in Obamascam, after all those in the highest positions do it, why no us.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

marg6043
And when that piece of corrupted trash like most of those that are in charge of government agencies decides that she has enough lawyers behind her ugly butt, she will agree to a congress hearing just to have the arrogance to claim the 5th Amendment, then is just business as usual.

We all citizens should do the same when the IRS comes around to see why we are not enrolled in Obamascam, after all those in the highest positions do it, why no us.

Government employees should absolutely have the right to plead the 5th.

How ever, that should immediately get them shown to the door, making them Un-employable in any Government or public service role.

We are their bosses, if my employee tells me he wont tell me something that is pertinent to his job, Im firing him.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

She can run but she can't hide as long as we keep an eye out for her _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
In light of this, I'm expecting Kathleen to get a raise and promotion.

Hell, maybe she will just retire while we pay her pension. Please Kathleen, May we pay for you to retire with complete immunity, as we do for every other corrupt idiot in a government?

After all, we are just a few hundred million suckers looking for new ways to get screwed over.

Whatever you think is best for us, we will comply. We are just here for your prosperity.

/sarcasm
/truth
edit on 4309x6743America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago10 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

join