It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Aquino Pyramidimusings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

As everything you read on the intramanet is "fact".... Riiiiiiight~

It doesn't mean that everyone raising there hands is claiming "Aliens did it", great Scotts McFly way to stereo type!

Additionally, your telling everyone on these boards, that a civilization that was 1 step out of the stone age was more organized and better versed at engineering an empire with "iron" tools than that which is standing now.

Yea... keep reading all those facts on Google, you are soooooooo right!!!
Let me know when you find that exit to the "box" your currently in~

But then again, Aliens did it

/endsarcasm

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Go to right about 45 minutes for Manly Palmer Halls thoughts on the Great Pyramid

At 51 minutes he talks about how next to nothing was found in the "tomb" after a great difficulty in getting to it only a few implements were found
edit on 21-10-2013 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

NewAgeMan
Another remarkable feature of the GP is that every stone is apparently a different shape or has different dimensions. That's quite the feat of engineering and planning.

Personally I think that the ancient Egyptians had mastered the engineering and mechanics of the fulcrum and leverage, making the stones in effect, lighter somehow.

But there is no doubt that the dimensions of the pyramid do encode that of the earth-moon-sun configuration, which is an utterly astounding fact, not that they were able to mimic it, but that it can be reduced as such.

NewAgeMan

The Golden Ratio & Squaring the Circle in the Great Pyramid.

A straight line is said to have been cut in extreme and mean ratio when, as the whole line is to the greater segment, so is the greater to the less. [Euclid]

The extreme and mean ratio is also known as the golden ratio.

If the smaller part = 1, and larger part = G, the golden ratio requires that
G is equal approximately 1.6180

Does the Great Pyramid contain the Golden Ratio?

Assuming that the height of the GP = 146.515 m, and base = 230.363 m, and using simple math we find that half of the base is 115.182 m and the "slant height" is 186.369 m

Dividing the "slant height" (186.369m) by "half base" (115.182m) gives = 1.6180, which is practically equal to the golden ration!

The earth/moon relationship is the only one in our solar system that contains this unique golden section ratio that "squares the circle". Along with this is the phenomenon that the moon and the sun appear to be the same size, most clearly noticed during an eclipse. This too is true only from earth's vantage point…No other planet/moon relationship in our solar system can make this claim.

Although the problem of squaring the circle was proven mathematically impossible in the 19th century (as pi, being irrational, cannot be exactly measured), the Earth, the moon, and the Great Pyramid, are all coming about as close as you can get to the solution!

If the base of the Great Pyramid is equated with the diameter of the earth, then the radius of the moon can be generated by subtracting the radius of the earth from the height of the pyramid (see the picture below).

Also the square (in orange), with the side equal to the radius of the Earth, and the circle (in blue), with radius equal to the radius of the Earth plus the radius of the moon, are very nearly equal in perimeters:

Orange Square Perimeter = 2+2+2+2=8
Blue Circle Circumference = 2*pi*1.273=8

Note:
Earth, Radius, Mean = 6,370,973.27862 m *
Moon, Radius, Mean = 1,738,000 m.*
Moon Radius divided by Earth Radius = 0.2728 *

Source: Astronomic and Cosmographic Data

Let's re-phrase the above arguments

In the diagram above, the big triangle is the same proportion and angle of the Great Pyramid, with its base angles at 51 degrees 51 minutes. If you bisect this triangle and assign a value of 1 to each base, then the hypotenuse (the side opposite the right angle) equals phi (1.618..) and the perpendicular side equals the square root of phi. And that’s not all. A circle is drawn with it’s centre and diameter the same as the base of the large triangle. This represents the circumference of the earth. A square is then drawn to touch the outside of the earth circle. A second circle is then drawn around the first one, with its circumference equal to the perimeter of the square. (The squaring of the circle.)

This new circle will actually pass exactly through the apex of the pyramid. And now the “wow”: A circle drawn with its centre at the apex of the pyramid and its radius just long enough to touch the earth circle, will have the circumference of the moon! Neat, huh! And the small triangle formed by the moon and the earth square will be a perfect 345 triangle (which doesn’t seem to mean much.)

Ref: nexusilluminati.blogspot.ca...

That's just for starters.

For more, I recommend reading this book

www.amazon.ca...

Also available in free pdf ebook format (Google it)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Maghda

I read the article and I fail to see how it proves the GP was a burial project, if they found Khufu's mother burial chamber elsewhere.

I understand the sarcophagus there was empty, but the article says she MAY have been buried in one of the other 2 pyramids. Did they or not find her there?

And if not, how can we conclusively say that it was the burial project of anyone?... Was there ever any burial items found in any of the three Pyramids?

Forgive me if I'm slow, I just don't understand the leap made here that is apparently a proof...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I do believe there is a connection to Egypt and UFOs there are to many reports of the hieroglphics being on the craft as far back as the crash of 1865,even in the just release files from the MOD a segment on the Bentwaters incident there is a mention of Egypt and the connection because of the symbols on the craft.Now i'm not saying aliens built the pyramids,but i believe there is a connection

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
No one and nothing was buried in the GP.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

It is considered that the Mother of Khufu may have been buried in one of the satellite pyramids of Khufu's monument, and then later due to disturbance buried in a tomb on the East side, but the important fact is that those who most closely related to his reign are buried all around the Great Pyramid in the many mastaba, and if that is not his tomb then what would they all be doing there...!

There is no surviving physical evidence that he was ever buried in the pyramid, in terms of remains or grave goods, but the fact the monument was his tomb is overwhelming due to the contextual evidence.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Is it possible that they started burying themselves in these structures because of religious superstition, forgetting, over time, the meaning, implications and significance of their originally intended purpose as initiation temples and in the process "bunged them up" with dead bodies..?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maghda

Contextual evidence, circumstantial, speculative, guess.

Good job.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Maghda

...and if that is not his tomb then what would they all be doing there...!

There is no surviving physical evidence that he was ever buried in the pyramid, in terms of remains or grave goods, but the fact the monument was his tomb is overwhelming due to the contextual evidence.

The context is proof of whatever we want it to be. As for what they would be doing there, I would say maybe political recuperation of old monuments?

At any rate, we should keep wondering because there is no concrete proof of what historians tell us.

Only a convenient contextual situation that prevents asking more questions.

History is full of sites being built upon ancient sites, and in some places it happened more than once. I think it is a similar case here.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

sulaw
reply to post by jaffo

As everything you read on the intramanet is "fact".... Riiiiiiight~

It doesn't mean that everyone raising there hands is claiming "Aliens did it", great Scotts McFly way to stereo type!

Additionally, your telling everyone on these boards, that a civilization that was 1 step out of the stone age was more organized and better versed at engineering an empire with "iron" tools than that which is standing now.

Yea... keep reading all those facts on Google, you are soooooooo right!!!
Let me know when you find that exit to the "box" your currently in~

But then again, Aliens did it

/endsarcasm

Right. And, um, where do YOU get YOUR facts, my friend? Do you have a more reliable internet than do I? Again, HAND WAVING, sir.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The situation seen at Giza is seen elsewhere at the Pyramid sites of Dahshur, Abusir, Saqqara, that is the main burial monument is the pyramid in proximity to which the court officials and family members of the King are also buried, if they were not tombs then we can only assume they simply dumped the deceased Pharoah in the river, as there is no other place of likely burial...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04
They did not use modern tools, depending on your definition. They used iron, but otherwise everything was done by hand. And to account for that he tripled the amount of men required and STILL came up with 30,000 men as being enough.

If he felt it was crucial to cut a key corner with iron, that invalidates his experiment right there. Glossing it over with additional man-hours is irrelevant and, of course, deceptive.

I enjoyed the movie 300. I could have accomplished the same thing the Spartans did all by myself, with just the minor modification of a Vulcan minigun on a tripod mount. I would of course have faithfully duplicated everything else, like wearing just a leather jockstrap and a red cape.

As far as the trucks go, they took the place of the barges which have been proven to have been able to carry the largest of the stones.

A truck carrying a 70-ton block of granite? Some truck. That's about the weight of a railroad locomotive, BTW.

Once again, if you deviate from the original model, you're simply not validating it; you're validating your changed one. We would need to see a large number of 70T blocks of [first hand-quarried and carved without iron] hand-transported to the Nile, hand-loaded onto barges [How do we know the ancients had 70T-capable barges, BTW?], then hand-loaded off them at Giza.

So basically you will never accept anything any "mainstream" person says because they are automatically wrong due to them having credentials and working in the field? Perhaps rather than character assassination you can tell me exactly what Lehner says that is false. And we have records of winches being used 2500 years ago.

No, what I am saying is that high-expense, high-publicity efforts like Lehner's cost money, and the money comes from somewhere, so you always need to look at the money trail to see how "non-agendaed" an effort is. Not just Lehner - anyone anywhere anytime. The University of Chicago is not interested in its conventional/prestigious Egyptology image being made to look incompetent, and Hawass would not have been there unless he knew the demonstration was rigged to succeed. Nothing all that unusual here, really.

I must have missed the archæological discovery of a 2,500-year-old Egyptian 70-ton winch. URL please? Oh, if you're still stuck on the Khufu-tomb gig, better make that 4,500 years ago.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There are many questions about the construction of the pyramids, but we have enough answers at hand to discount much of the youtube video fodder with virtually no effort at all.

Who were the pyramid builders?

In 1990, an American tourist accidentally discovered a cemetery for pyramid laborers. Evidence from these tombs and additional tombs unearthed in 2009 revealed details of the composition and size of the workforce involved, the division of labor and the duration of construction. Based on what was learned from these tombs, a conservative estimate of 10,000 laborers, working in three month shifts and taking as long as 30 years to build a pyramid, can be made. In addition to the primary laborers, there would have been many thousands more people operating in a support capacity. What evidence do we have of this?

The University of Chicago/Harvard University Giza Plateau Mapping Project, lead by Mark Lehner, began excavations of what is often referred to as the "Worker's Village" in 1999, not far from the cemetery. Within the remains of this complex, they uncovered sleeping quarters and areas for food preparation and metal-working. Animal bones, pottery, the contents of worker's tombs, etc even yield information about the diet of a pyramid builder.

How many Egyptian laborers does it take to hold a "sonic levitator" anyway?

What was the purpose of the pyramids?

Here we have a false dilemma created by proponents of fringe theory, chiefly that there is no concrete evidence of the purpose of pyramids so "what were they for?"

This is simply not the case, in reality there is no serious debate by anyone in the field of Egyptology. A lot of these made up dilemmas stem from an oft-repeated falsehood that no mummy has ever been found in a pyramid, this is simple not true. If the contents of pyramids-- including sarcophagi, mummified remains, canopic jars, funerary equipment, burial offerings, etc aren't evidence of enough of their funerary purposes, we have the actual words of ancient Egyptians in numerous texts such as the Abbott Papyrus which details the state of several pyramids around 1100 B.C., including the fact that several had been looted.

If one is neither convinced by the contents or swayed by the literary evidence, consider the location. Surrounding the Great Pyramids and The Sphinx are the many mastaba (temple tombs of lesser royalty) and numerous rock-cut tombs as well as the aforementioned worker's cemetery.

Egyptians possessed unimaginable lost technology yet they built power plants in the middle of graveyards?

You don't need to be a professional archaeologist to realize that 99% of the B.S. masquerading as reasonable theories doesn't even come remotely close to passing the smell test and the people proposing them are at best willfully ignorant and at worst, intentionally deceptive.
edit on 21-10-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

Right. And, um, where do YOU get YOUR facts, my friend? Do you have a more reliable internet than do I? Again, HAND WAVING, sir.

All your doing is debating SEMANTICS whilst claiming those that WAVE there hands in regards to ALIENS are in fact incorrect. I research the same way as you SIR. Yet I don't claim to understand that which is NOT understood, as FACT when we can't even replicate that which our Ancestor's left.

Best case is a Theory, and unless I see someone constructing another Pyramid of this magnitude with MODERN equipment then your THEORY is the just as believable as ALIENS or some other form of DIVINE intervention helping with the construction of these ANCIENT MEGOLITHIC SITES.

Again, just a Ancient Civilization that was one step out of the stone age yet they were more sophisticated with Engineering structures such as the GP.... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Riffrafter
The high-strangeness factor of the structure itself and the seeming impossibility of it's very construction (as you so aptly pointed out) coupled with all of the other high-strangeness associated with it's position, measurements and angles leaves historians and Egyptologists with a real mess on their hands. So, what the hell is it? I think a better question changes the tense above: What the hell was it?

My personal belief is that it was a single-purpose structure meant to be used either once or only for a very short time and it has long since fulfilled it's purpose and all that we're left with are the metaphoric shards of pottery after a sumptuous "prehistoric" meal has long since been served.

Well, I'm going to go out on somewhat of my own limb here. Egyptian religious and monumental architecture is characteristically open, warm, colorful, and friendly. Their temples weren't designed to keep people out or scare them: They were open parks and palaces where the people could go to meet and socialize with the neteru [='gods"].

Despite their destroyed and defaced condition, many of them can still be used for this today. Care to meet Hathor? Go to her temple at Dendera, and with due solitude, respectfulness, and focus, invoke her:

Adoration to you, Het-Hert, Mistress of Iunet, the august one in the sanctuary of the august one.
The one shining as gold in the sanctuary of gold, the Atenet, eldest child of the Aten.
I adore your majesty with your heart’s desire; I exalt your ka to the height of Nut.
I praise your manifestation to the limits of the rays of the Aten; I serve your majesty in your shrine.
The powerful one, the great one, mistress of fear, great of terror among the neteru.
The horizon-dweller, mistress of heaven, the brilliant one who creates the rays of the Sun; the neteru rise early in the morning to pay you homage.
Your beautiful face is satisfied by the king of Upper and Lower Egypt, lord of the Two Lands, beloved of the great Het-Hert, mistress of Iunet, the Eye of Ra.

Note: Better have something intelligent to say to Hathor when she shows up. While generally regarded as a rather fluffy-bunny goddess, Hathor is also a notorious party girl [including with Set], and also has her bitchy side, which obviously you don't want to arouse if you want to get out of the temple in one piece.

Anyway, the thing about the GP, like the Keep in The Keep, is that it is completely out-of synch with its surroundings. The Keep had nothing in common with the surrounding Romanian village, and the GP, bluntly, has nothing in common with Egypt, except that, again like the Keep, it happens to be located there. If it weren't sitting in Egypt, surrounded by all sorts of ancient- and modern copies, tack-ons, business communities, and copies/imitations, there isn't a thing about it which would either identify it as Egyptian or which is characteristically Egyptian. If we had happened to find the thing in Iceland, Mongolia, or Hawaii, we'd call it the GP of I/M/H and know exactly as little and as much about it as we do now. The T-shirt-shops would just be staffed by different people, that's all.

Actually [Is this a great country or what?] the USA already did this. In Vegas [where else?] we built the Luxor: a glorious, gleaming black pyramid, fronted by a mammoth sphinx & obelisk, surrounded by lavish statuary and plantings:

And each night even more dazzling, with bolts of light running up and down its edges and a blazing xenon capstonelight shooting straight up into space:

Inside the Pyramid, which one entered by a gateway guarded by enormous Anubis statues, was an elegant hotel, whose rooms were reached by “inclinators” along the corners and were furnished with Egyptian elegance. Expensive carpeting embroidered with scarabs and hieroglyphs set off magnificent murals of Egyptian life and mythology, complementing the Isis Lounge, the Ra Nightclub, and the Pharaoh’s Pheast Buffet down in the Pyramid’s archæological-excavation depths. Originally around the interior perimeter of the Pyramid flowed an artificial Nile River, along which ancient barges wafted guests in the tradition of Marc Antony and Cleopatra. A multimedia “Search for the Obelisk” simulator took amateur Indiana Joneses on a breathless ride careening past monumental, glowing-eyed Egyptian gods and cavernous geometric chambers electric with ancient alien technology:

For the less superheroic there was a full-sized walk-through replica of Tutankhamen’s tomb from the Valley of the Kings. An IMAX theater took viewers on a National Geographic-style, 3D excursion through historic Egypt itself. Outside the huge Oasis swimming pool was adjacent to luxurious, decadent spas and languid massage suites. Numerous themed shops sold both contemporary and ancient statues and artifacts, New Age lights & music, and apparel. In one alcove, two gigantic “Anubis guards” from the movie Stargate glared down at impudent humans.

When occasionally asked by interviewers if there were a “physical” Temple of Set somewhere, I liked to reply, “Vegas; you can’t miss it. We just let it be used by everyone else to pay the electric bill for the xenon searchlight aimed at Alpha Draconis.” 5,000 years from now, I continued, future archæologists would dig up the city and prove that the ancient Egyptians had colonized as far as Nevada. Also that the mystery of the Giza Pyramids’ purpose was finally solved: they were casinos.

All this fun came to an end in 2007, when after purchasing the Luxor, MGM/Mirage commenced its deEgyptianization. “We’re not a British museum with ancient artifacts,” said the new Luxor CEO. Within a year the destruction was underway. The new theme was cold modernist, airport-club slate blue; all Egyptian-theme decor was torn out or painted over. In 2003, when the Temple of Set held its International Conclave there, the Luxor proudly sold a 10th anniversary T-shirt comparing itself to the 4,500-year-old Great Pyramid of Giza: “Standing since 1993 - 4,490 years to go.” Sadly it barely managed another 4.

Point being that if the Egyptians had conceived the GP, it would have been a lot more open, colorful, and fun. They were a fun-loving people, not the Egyptonazi necrophiliacs Cecil B. deMille would have you believe. Which may well be why, when we try to make sense of the GP "through Egyptian eyes", we get nowhere.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Maghda

...extensive carbon dating material from the pyramid itself places it's construction within that timeframe, thus no Egyptologist takes Creighton remotely seriously....

SC: From Dr Hawass, former Head of Antiquities of Egypt:

Hawass remains categorical in his rejection of the technique: ”Not even in five thousand years could carbon dating help archaeology… carbon dating is useless. This science will never develop. In archaeology, we consider carbon dating results imaginary.” - Source

Regards,

SC

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
sulaw
reply to post by jaffo

All sources of information accessible from the Internet clearly do not possess the same level of credibility.

Yet I don't claim to understand that which is NOT understood, as FACT when we can't even replicate that which our Ancestor's left.

Nothing about this statement bears any resemblance to fact--it is argumentum ad ignorantiam. You start with a inaccurate declaration, "we can't even replicate that which our Ancestor's left, " and then use this as the basis of a false dichotomy. Construction of a stone pyramid is certainly possible. There are historical techniques that have not been preserved, that doesn't mean that the technology that birthed them was more advanced. We don't know the exact formula of "Greek Fire" either, but nobody doubts the Greeks made it and did so without Alien intervention nor would a reasonable person conclude that the Greeks had superior technology.

Again, just a Ancient Civilization that was one step out of the stone age yet they were more sophisticated with Engineering structures such as the GP.... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Again, this is entirely false. The pyramids of Egypt are impressive because of their sheer size and the materials and tools the Egyptians had at their disposal. This isn't the same thing as being structures representative of engineering of a sophistication that rivals our own. Let me also introduce you to some of the ancient Egyptian's failures:

The Pyramid at Meidum - collapsed shortly after construction
Sadd el-Kafara - masonry embankment dam that was wiped out by a flood before it's completion
The Bent Pyramid - started out with too steep of an inclination and the design was modified during construction when the structure showed signs of failing.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

There is also the question of stylistic evidence, were one considers the development in architectural style, from the Red Pyramid of Dahshur to those at Giza, inclusive of the internal features, the Great Pyramis is what one would expect for that particular period given the progression of ideas, it's not a case of contextual considerations leading to guessing, that's for those who aren't aware of the evidence.

reply to post by Scott Creighton

I doubt carbon dating will be abandoned on the say so of Hawass

edit on 21-10-2013 by Maghda because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Someone just emailed me, "What's a Vulcan minigun?"

Little thing we mounted two of on Puff the Magic Dragon back in the Nam:

and which Arnold had some fun with in Terminator 2:

Probably suffice for a few hundred thousand Persians at Thermoplæ in a few seconds ... As I said, just one minor bit of modern technology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join