It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horrifying! X Ray Image - Snipers 'target unborn children in chilling competition to win cigarettes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I'll just make two simple comments"
Military bullets are FMJ (Full Metal Jacketed).
By the Geneva Convention, they must be.
Those bullets are entirely more humane(?) than typical bullets made for hunting and non-military-grade bullets which are designed to "mushroom" and expand to do more damage.

The assumption seems to be that the bullet is lodged, with no evidence of damage, in the brain of the unborn child. That bullet could be in front of the child's head or behind it, not necessarily in the fetuse's head.

Actually, the bullet could have been laid on the exterior skin of the woman as the x-ray was taken, thus, given the appearance of it being inside of her. Or, and I hate to say this, it could be a photo-shopped fabrication.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Aliensun
I'll just make two simple comments"
Military bullets are FMJ (Full Metal Jacketed).
By the Geneva Convention, they must be.
Those bullets are entirely more humane(?) than typical bullets made for hunting and non-military-grade bullets which are designed to "mushroom" and expand to do more damage.

[Snip]

Question for you, concerning sniper rounds if you may know it:
I saw an episode of future weapons on history channel that described an exploding round designed to be a wallbuster fired from a Barrett 50 caliber rifle(IIRC) and figured that to be used primarily by the military. Given that I'm not a sniper nor anywhere near them in my line of work, I can not ask them myself to verify any of this as fact. Would this not be applicable under geneva convention for military use?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
By the time your doing this, your frybrained, you have no soul or concience.

There are worse things to have done, but you will never hear of them. How do you un-break a mind.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Thank you for bringing this to people's attention, it is truly an act of undeniable evil and no religion could ever be used to justify this except devil worship so I suspect if these snipers are ever identified there are people on whatever side of whatever conflict they are involved in that would kill them for this crime.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofyo1

As we all know (grin) a 50 cal is to be used solely as an anti-materiel weapon. You are enjoined against its use against enemy personnel. Snipers that use 50 cals are merely decommissioning enemy uniforms and headgear.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
How would you know where the fetal head IS in order to make such a shot?

Now, I will grant you, there are ways to use a rifle in a target rich environment that will definitely optimize your count. They are awful to the casual civilian and decorum prohibits me from going into detail here.

however, along those lines, if you were an insurgent sniper not bound by LOAC or ROE, you might use pregnant ladies for bait. A US sniper or SF doing sniper work would not.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Bedlam

As we all know (grin) a 50 cal is to be used solely as an anti-materiel weapon. You are enjoined against its use against enemy personnel. Snipers that use 50 cals are merely decommissioning enemy uniforms and headgear.

Thank you, i laughed at that one
The situation was posited on the show that a cinderblock wall was penetrated by the initial round, then after penetration, exploded killing the 5 or so "insurgents" located inside. I guess it could be said that the enemy uniforms and headgear where also decommissioned as a result

*Edit* sorry for the thread derailment by my inquisition
edit on 20-10-2013 by kingofyo1 because: see edit

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

We were told to answer that we were decommissioning uniforms if asked.

I'm pretty sure it's the same answer everyone gives.
These days,of course, most of my buddies use a .30/.338 Lapua. We had those but a 50 was the socially acceptable round.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Bedlam
How would you know where the fetal head IS in order to make such a shot?

Now, I will grant you, there are ways to use a rifle in a target rich environment that will definitely optimize your count. They are awful to the casual civilian and decorum prohibits me from going into detail here.

however, along those lines, if you were an insurgent sniper not bound by LOAC or ROE, you might use pregnant ladies for bait. A US sniper or SF doing sniper work would not.

My first thought exactly! To make a perfect *head shot* you would have to be looking at an xray to know where the head is.....among other things that doesn't make sense about this. It is bogus. (not you Cheesy, just the story)...also, I don't think the skull would look that "pristine"...where is the damage?
edit on 10/20/2013 by StealthyKat because: sp

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
TDawg is right, there is no entry wound, no wound channel and no deformation of the bullet.
This is not real.
What you see is a piece of photoshop work to make the Assad regime appear evil when it's really the opposite is far closer to the truth.
Syrian soldiers don't target civilians, that's who they're fighting to protect.
The FSA are mainly foreign born jihadist mercenaries who don't give a rat's ass who they shoot.
More propaganda to fuel hatred unjustly against Assad.

Eta: I know you mean well and have a good heart Cheesy. You only posted because of your concern for the innocent - nothing wrong with that my friend. Many here are experienced not only as hunters and shooters but some possibly as xray techs or medical personell. When frauds are exposed it gives us all a chance to see the methods they use and how they try to gain our sympathy for their causes. This is the modus operandi of propaganda - something we've all fallen for in some form or another.

Just don't be too quick to judge things as they appear, ATS has taught me that.
This should go over big with the liberal crowd who know nothing about ballistics though.
Cheers,
ATA
edit on 18-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

Sadly, this is true. We simply cannot trust what we see today. It is getting harder and harder to tell what is reality, and what is not. We are living in a very deceptive world, when we cannot even trust our eyes anymore......and that is scary.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

You're right! when we cant even trust what our eyes show us because of Adobe PS and such, times are getting tough :/

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

kingofyo1
reply to post by StealthyKat

You're right! when we cant even trust what our eyes show us because of Adobe PS and such, times are getting tough :/

Yes....we used to say here on ATS "Pics or it didn't happen"....but now even that doesn't mean anything LOL!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The bullet isn't really the issue for me, because I have seen fired bullets remain intact even after hitting things like wood.

It depends on how the round is made. Steel jacketed(which many middle eastern countries use to defeat body armor) would do this. HOWEVER, the size of the round tells me it's a 7.62x54. That round would cause massive tissue and bone damage as well as hydrostatic shock. This is something you would see in an x-ray.

On a fetus we would not be looking at a skull. We'd be looking at a partial skull.

If anyone has ever seen what a 7.62x54 will do to a piece of fruit, you know what the gritty details would be.

I vote hoax.

edit on pMon, 21 Oct 2013 01:07:24 -0500201321America/Chicago2013-10-21T01:07:24-05:0031vx10 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
this kind of thing is as old as war itself..people have been sing the murder of children for thier agenda since the beginning of time i think...nothing particularly shocking about this...wether its real or not doesnt matter. thanks op for bringing an issue like this to the front...sad stuff, but true ..sometimes and some places.

stab a baby in the back
put him on a roasting rack
slather it down with bar b q
makes it very soft ta chew
whoa oh whoa oh
oh oh oh oh whoa oh

this was a cadence we sang in the military..fyi
edit on 22-10-2013 by sikko45 because: content

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join