It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hmm...Could we be at war with Aliens and not know?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I was watching a show on the Sci-Fi show, called "In Search Of" and they were talking about how they have come up with a way to shoot out beams of electricity or something(forgive me, I forgot what they called it) at an object, and destroy it basically. and It was showing footage from a satellite, and there was a UFO floating around, and suddenly it speeds off just missing the beam of electricity that was aimed for it. Weird, eh?

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i know what footage you saw, it involves a light going towards another light at high speed, and the 2nd light only just moves out of the way, i cannot remember what nasa said this was...

i personally have no idea what it is...

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Nasa said it was an "illusion" Which is bullsh*t

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What's even crazier is that after that "incident" the feed from space is delayed by 5 mins

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i don't think we're at war right now. but we might end up at war with aliens someday. the thing is, bullets aren't as effective in space. and missles, well i don't even know. there is too much that we don't know. lasers are a good bet, but it's way too hard to spend THAT much money on big spaceships and people not ask, where in the hell did it go!?

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
...maybe the war isn't even in the physical realm at all...

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
well my views on human intelligence seam to be that the people who got up there are corrupt, if there was other intelligent life i dont see why they couldnt be corrupt..

i acept the possibility of a lifeform being super intelligent and feel sorry for other being that is less intelligent.. but with power ussually comes corruption..

if aliens are here, which i dont know, i would bet unless they are allmost godlike in intelligence they will be corrupt,

i think it is very likely that aliens may only be a couple of 100 years more advanced(based on secret technology we have, not the public technology), i dont think this time frame would be enough for them to be so intelligent that they would be void of corruption, maybe the path of supreme intelligence is not the path of being uncorruptable , maybe being spiritual is the path to being uncoruptable...

i would bet if aliens are here, and they are only a couple of 100 years more advanced, they will be corrupt and influencing whoever is in power...but there are lots of theorys, maybe aliens are not here at all, maybe this alien ufo theory is a goverment plant to stage a fake alien invaision for more control, who knows..

i just like to keep an open mind about everything, if something sounds possible in my understanding of life in general, i keep it open as an option..

maybe we will find out soon if aliens exsist..

i do admit, i also belive in the possibilty that we are the only ones, this theory is far more frightening than the idea that we are not alone, imagine if we are the most intelligent lifeform in exsistance, that is a scary thought...

maybe we we made for study, who knows, i hope we do find out the answers to some of the questions in my lifetime..

[Edited on 19-5-2003 by The Blade Runner]

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
After discussions with contacts who have been to Area 51, I understand that we A, have a much more active space program than what is known publicly, and there is good evidence that we are in cooperation with the Soviets on at least certain aspect of it. B, Area 51 is a base for Human X Craft with orbital/transorbital abilities.
C, Sometime in the mid to late 80s, we "attempted" a manned mission to Mars... No information on the outcome of that mission, but no follow up mission, and almost immediately a shift of massive amounts of funding to the HAARP project.

Read into that what you will.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
well maybe we found an allmost evolutionary equal inteligent lifeform there, maybe they were at the level that we were at in the 1800's ish, maybe they are just as advanced as us?

it is an interesting thing

technology as i understand, cannot really get much better, it will just become more compact and efficient..

maybe technology could reach the point were the pyshics of this dimension stop technology getting any better..

who knows...

i just really want the truth.. i think i can handle it!

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
...maybe the war isn't even in the physical realm at all...

DINGDINGDINGDING!!!! BINGO!!!!

Why do people keep assuming that Aliens must be physical??? Geez...

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hey CindyPants,

Check out this book and decide for yourself if it's real.

members.aol.com...

www.iuniverse.com...

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Could we be at war and not yet know it

YES!!

Especially if the aliens are possums or cockroaches!

[Edited on 20-5-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   
no,
We're NOT at war. The fact that we still exist proves as much.

The whole 'we can shoot them down with such and such missile system' really annoys me because it's totally bogus.. I mean, if aliens can travel several light years, to get to Earth, they are WAY beyond our technological level... and the fact that they haven't destroyed us is proof that they are not interested in conquest.. it may be that those who want you to THINK we are fighting a war against them, and that they are invading us, are the REAL bad guys...

No, Cindy, I can assure you that we are not at war against the ETs. I know what video you are talking about... and, if the government did know about an 'ET invasion', they would not deploy a covert weapon that they knew could not defeat an ET spacecraft. To be frank, the whole 'war against aliens' thing some people are trying to push (especially on this site) is really just a manifestation of adolescent machismo.

No aliens have EVER flown a saucer into a building. No aliens have EVER walked into a mall with a bomb strapped to their chests... To be frank, Cindy, some people out there are just trying to scare you, because aliens have NEVER attacked us.

Our real enemies are ourselves, Cindypants, and, as 'cool' or 'tough' as it may sound to 'resist' ET.. the bottom line is that ET is not out to 'get' us.

Don't be afraid of the aliens,
Jim

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   
As an addon, Cind,
I wrote this on a different thread, a minute ago, but thought it said what I was trying to say above better:

The whole "Majestic 12-- Treaty and Betrayal" scenario may or may not be true.. Lear, Lazar, and the 'Aviary' may turn out to be very wrong on that one.

Or they may turn out to be straight-out fakes...

So far as things which can be CHECKED goes.. we have hundreds of nonviolent UFO\alien sightings by people throughout the decades, and one or two fantastic stories of secret treaties by a handfull of guys... yet everyone automatically believes the nastiest story they here. ...Maybe the real bad guys are the ones who don't want you to know about aliens, and so want you to be scared of them?

Sorry for digressing, but the whole 'Abduction Treaty of 1954' folktale is too readilly accepted by some people. We have NO idea of what really happened... the only thing we can be sure of is that there have been hundreds of nonviolent UFO/alien sightings over the years. For all we know, the aliens might be the 'good' guys and all people do by fanning the flames of anti-extraterrestrialism is to give more power to the REAL conspiracy... which could turn out to be someone who wants to use the fear of aliens to keep you under his thumb,

Jim

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Interesting point. We are conditioned to believe in contiuned technological advancement and that this advancement will continue indefinitely. However a moment's reflection will show that cannot be the case. For a some point, technological advancement will reach the limit of physical laws. There will come a day when you cannot build a faster airplane, or a faster computer, or build a space ship that can go faster. I refer to this as the "technological wall", once you are there you cannot go any farther. Now you can reach the "technological wall" in one area while still have advancement in another. In the past we have reached technological walls. The best example was the situation facing air craft designers in the late 1930's. They realized that the limit of performace for piston engine aircraft was reaching its limits (about 475 mph maximum speed at 20,000 feet ). Hence the development of the turbojet powered aircraft. Once you are on the other side of the technological wall, it is easy to see the limits of development. (In other words, it was easier in 1945 to see that the maximum speed for pistion engined aircraft was around 475 mph in 1945, than was was to see in 1918). Non-technical people normally cannot believe that such a thing as a "technological wall" in an area can exist, but the walls are out there. In any technological civilization, there will come a time when there will be no further development - the limits have been reached. At that time a civilization that has been around for ten million years may have technology no better than a civilization that has been around for one million years. The point is that we might not be in such a bad position when it comes to a confortation with "aliens". For the technology of space ships is basically good only for going from "planet A" to "planet B". If you fight a war, other technologies are needed. Could it be that our weapons technologies are not that much worse than their weapons technologies? That their weapons technologies are not that much better than ours. Any alien armed invasion of this planet will at least have a very long supply line (according to rumor, their supply bases will be at least 40 light years away). Perhaps they are telling us how to build a better space ship while we tell them how to build a better tank?

No one has yet hazarded a response to one of my questions: Was Tokay and Cooley influenced by aliens.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 05:11 AM
link   
With reference to the technological wall, it will be noted that usually once the wall is reached new innovations overcome previous limitations.
It is the nature of science to innovate and create. If science breaches known laws of physics perhaps there are further, unknown laws.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jagdfliegerWe are conditioned to believe in contiuned technological advancement and that this advancement will continue indefinitely. However a moment's reflection will show that cannot be the case. For a some point, technological advancement will reach the limit of physical laws. There will come a day when you cannot build a faster airplane, or a faster computer, or build a space ship that can go faster. I refer to this as the "technological wall", once you are there you cannot go any farther. Now you can reach the "technological wall" in one area while still have advancement in another. In the past we have reached technological walls.

yep this is what i was trying to say, technically because if we have reverse engineer craft we might only be around 200-500 years behind aliens in our understanding of technology...

after all it is only cost that keeps public technology down, they can make really long lasting batterys and super small compact computers, its just the cost that is the problem..

as far as technology goes, if we have mastered the power of magnetism now, i dont see or understand what could get any better..

my understanding of science as it it says to me that we pretty much know everything about our pyshics now, maybe we have anti matter bombs and everything who knows....

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
i think aliens wouldnt have anything more than more efficient powerfull nukes, partilce beams ect ect..

if we have reverse engineered there craft, we cannot be that far behind them in understanding...

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The point is that the technological walls are out there. We do not know where they are yet, but the "walls" are still there. There will be some point at which there will be no more scientific advances. If we exist long enough, that point will be reached, there will be no new innovations!! For most people who are sitting of this side of the technological walls, it is hard to believe that the technological walls exist. They always expect some new innovation or avenue to open up new scientific frontiers. In any civilization that utilizes technological advancement, there will come a time (if the civilization exists long enough), that futher advancement is no longer possible. In short they have learned all there is to know about building machines, etc. Also bear in mind that science cannot exist without technology, but technology can exist without science.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   

as far as technology goes, if we have mastered the power of magnetism now, i dont see or understand what could get any better..

Gravity...ZPF there are still many things we don't quite have a handle on yet...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join