It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Now it seems there are mix-ups happening !!

Things like children's names being transmitted as spouses etc.

Duplicate enrollments (double billing ?)

Empty data.

Wrong plans (after calling customers).

And now they are using telephones (of all things) to call people and attempt to make corrections.

This is extremely dangerous.

What if the data scrambles addresses and Social Security Numbers too ?

This is happening with limited enrollment.

What happens if they actually get millions of policies sold ?

Insurers say faulty data from ObamaCare marketplaces is straining their ability to handle even the first wave of consumers who were able to sign up for health insurance using federally run exchanges during the glitch-ridden rollout of the new law.

Executives at more than a dozen health insurance companies say they have received data from online marketplaces that is riddled with errors, including duplicate enrollments, missing data fields and spouses reported as children, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

"The longer this takes to resolve…the harder it will be to get people to [come back and] sign up," Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini told the newspaper. "It's not off to a great start," he said, adding, however, that he believes the marketplaces are "here to stay."

Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Nebraska, which has about 50 ObamaCare enrollees, said it had to stop enrollments from coming through automatically and hire temporary workers to contact customers to fix inaccuracies in submissions, according to the report.

Buyer Beware !! This is wide open for I.D. theft !!

edit on Oct-18-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Mix-ups?

Why, how can this be?

Oh, what we have yet to see!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You need to be able to scan the different options without putting in your demographic information, especially anything like SS numbers. They realize the problems but for some reason refuse to change the website.

Funny how Obama's Election Day crew of IT techies did everything flawlessly (compared to Romney's epic fiasco) but this? Who the hell wrote this program?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
For the money they spent.

They could send a Limo with a Dr. In it to everyone's house.

Fly you on your personal Jet to the factory to pick up your RX.

Then get a massage from a Playmate of the year.

Still have plenty left over to steal.

Sorry, (puts head down to continue grazing).

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is very very sad. This tells us that there was zero testing for this, only software setup.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I do not intend to sign up..ever. This law will be gone in a few years. Everyone knows it is wrong to force a person to buy goods and services with a federal law.

We need a healthcare system like Canada and England. I have friends in both countries with chronic health problems and no complaints on getting care.

If you want my tax money, you are going to have to give me free medical care for it. Stop giving all of our tax monies to corporations and give something to the citizens for a change.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Maybe it's the illegal aliens and poor English skills of the navigators hired contributing to the amount of wrong information. I know when I have a hard time understanding someone on the phone it's easier to simply agree with something and move on rather than appear rude and ask over and over " Could you please repeat that again? I must have a bad connection that makes it hard to understand what you're saying"
edit on 18-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: spelling corrections

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I can't say I'm surprise this is happening.

When the stories first came out about the site traffic & lockups, I thought that sounded like the perfect recipe for corrupt data.

This is a mess that is going to take time to sort out.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Corrupted Data comes from long standing databases. This is brand new. It is not that hard. I know how these software packages work and really, in this day an age, this is not rocket science. This is not about the collection but the sending of data.

If someone enters a spouse and it is sent to a carrier as a child, it means that the export to the carrier is incorrect. This is not that hard to do so again, I am not thinking corrupt data as much as this being nothing but pieced together garbage. Oracle, Peoplesoft, Sage, Ulti...there are companies out there which could have provided plug and play. no down time. They can handle 15-20k per day.

Also, we did not even use a US company to create it, and even though there are offices in VA, it is not something that is helping our economy.

top topics

join