It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn's bizarre HEXAGONAL storm system is revealed in true colour for the first time

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Some more stunning images at the link

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Some great pics, enjoy ATS

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I see a design!!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Erm... these pictures were taken and published back in April, so I've seen them before.
Image: saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
News release: saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

No idea why the Daily Fail posted them now, as if it's something new. There was a big ATS thread here too, disussing these spectacular images.

By the way, does anyone know the reason for the blue colour of the hexagon? i.e. what chemical elements or compounds produce this colour.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I know I've seen numerous threads about this but those pictures are awesome (even if I've seen them before!).

There is a theory that because Saturn has a different frequency to Earth, that's why storms look different. Something to do with uhhhh harmonics? No, I cant think of what it is. Something to do with frequency and sound?

Just Googled it and yes, Harmonics is what I'm thinking of. I think. IDK TBH. But, you know the videos where they play different frequency's and the rice/sand/whatever morph into different shapes and such? Probably does not make sense.

: )

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

has it got some mad name like shladney or something

they tried it in that famous church i think the one with a portal to somewhere????????????

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
First time I've seen these. Pretty amazing. Thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
I see a design!!

maybe the wind is blowing around something
because if you look at the pics the next line around the hexagon is a circle
so it could be who knows what

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

samuel1990

There is a theory that because Saturn has a different frequency to Earth, that's why storms look different. Something to do with uhhhh harmonics? No, I cant think of what it is. Something to do with frequency and sound?
)

I think you're thinking of Cymatics

The study of it and the shapes that are created are AWESOME to say the least, and really telling of how things are, for sure.
edit on 18-10-2013 by Jomina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Can we throw all politicians in the centre and just be done with them?

that quote in the comments from your link made me shoot coffee thru my nose.

cool pics btw.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Does anyone know why it took nine years before Cassini took the images?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

RammerJammer
Does anyone know why it took nine years before Cassini took the images?

Cassinins orbital track since it arrived in 2004 (projected thru 2017):

i.space.com...

"As Cassini conducts the most in-depth survey of a giant planet to date, the spacecraft has been flying the most complex gravity-assisted trajectory ever attempted," Robert Mitchell, Cassini program manager at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, Calif., said in a statement.

"Each flyby of Titan, for example, is like threading the eye of the needle," Mitchell added. “And we've done it 87 times so far, with accuracies generally within about one mile, and all controlled from Earth about one billion miles away."

Cassini’s operators have sent it to visit more than a dozen of Saturn’s 60-plus moons in the last eight years, and they sometimes ask the probe to get shots of the planet’s poles (and the poles of some of its moons).

www.space.com...

Thats some program...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Yes! Thank you! That is exactly what I was trying to describe!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Bilder

www.dailymail.co.uk...

what's that supposed to be at the top corner? a solar panel, is it?
how can the vast distance and the very near foreground be both
in focus at the same time?

eta;

This older, colour composite image - showing false shades - has been created from raw images taken by Cassini from a distance of 379,268 miles away

so it is a composite, showing false shades, but why include the solar panel?
I think it is all false and these are false images.

hexagonal storms indeed!

I know, I know. the government (and nasa) always are truthful and honest.
edit on 18/10/2013 by UpEndedWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Isn't that "solar panel" saturn's rings?

Anyway, is there an explanation for a hexagonal storm. That's too weird. Unless there's an invisible force going in, or coming out of Saturn at that pole, I just can't see how it's made like that?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

wigit
Isn't that "solar panel" saturn's rings?

Anyway, is there an explanation for a hexagonal storm. That's too weird. Unless there's an invisible force going in, or coming out of Saturn at that pole, I just can't see how it's made like that?

??someone is trying to run 'rings' around our smarts, methinks!!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

That's the island of Atlantis at the pole, generating some harmonics to clear the atmosphere and keep away the storms.

I wonder why the inside of the hexagon "storm" is ocean blue with small fluffy white clouds?

They do say Atlantis was bigger than all of Europe, Africa & Asia combined.

Are there any close-ups of the "island" in the middle?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Fluid dynamics. A "jet stream" circling the pole interacting with surrounding air masses.
news.sciencemag.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My post from another thread at www.abovetopsecret.com... :

A hexagon is produced when you squeeze a circle on all sides; it's the shape with the largest area that you could squeeze into the smallest space. Haxagon is often found in nature:
"From bees' honeycombs to the Giant's Causeway, hexagonal patterns are prevalent in nature due to their efficiency. In a hexagonal grid each line is as short as it can possibly be if a large area is to be filled with the fewest number of hexagons. This means that honeycombs require less wax to construct and gain lots of strength under compression." en.wikipedia.org...

The ideal crystalline structure of graphene is a hexagonal grid. Snowflakes also use a hexagon as their base.

In case of Saturn, I think it's the extremely strong winds (the fastest in the Solar System!) that are responsible for this: they push on the polar atmospheric mass, squeezing it on all sides. I don't know why the south pole doesn't have this feature; perhaps the polar mass is not as prevalent, or the winds are weaker there. I'm also wondering about the bluish colour of the hexagon, clearly there are some gasses and chemical compounds responsible for this, that aren't visible throughout the rest of Saturn (unless there's a big storm kicking up those chemicals).

The blue colour often comes from gasses like Methane or Nitrogen compounds (ammonia, perhaps?). Neptune is a blue planet, and Uranus is cyan, due to these gasses or volatiles.

Keep in mind that you're looking at an atmosphere, not land with oceans and continents. These are gas giants we're talking about.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

UpEndedWorld

Bilder

www.dailymail.co.uk...

what's that supposed to be at the top corner? a solar panel, is it?
how can the vast distance and the very near foreground be both
in focus at the same time?

eta;

This older, colour composite image - showing false shades - has been created from raw images taken by Cassini from a distance of 379,268 miles away

so it is a composite, showing false shades, but why include the solar panel?
I think it is all false and these are false images.

hexagonal storms indeed!

I know, I know. the government (and nasa) always are truthful and honest.
edit on 18/10/2013 by UpEndedWorld because: (no reason given)

It's not a solar panel, it's the rings out in the distance, which is why they are both in focus. They are partially missing on the top because of the angle of the camera and the shadow.

~Namaste
edit on 18-10-2013 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Just so everyone knows: that's not actually what it would look like if you were actually out there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join