It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interest in Obamacare Drops 88 Percent in Two Weeks ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Interest in Obamacare Drops 88 Percent in Two Weeks

There's some indications that 'ObamaCare' is losing steam.

Big drop in HealthCare.gov Web site visitation.

Very low enrollment.

Is this whole thing a failure ?

How *popular* is it REALLY ?

A new estimate by an independent web analysis firm says public interest in Healthcare.gov is waning.

According to the Washington Post "The number of visitors to the federal government’s HealthCare.gov Web site dropped 88 percent between Oct. 1 and Oct. 13..." The site reportedly drew 9.4 million unique visitors in its first week of operation but in the 2nd week "the site attracted 4.1 million visitors, or less than half of what it garnered its first week."

The Obama administration has repeatedly refused to say how many people have signed up for coverage on the federal exchange. Their sole response to questions about enrollment is to cite the total number of unique visitors to the website and claim this shows "intense demand." But looked at over time it is clear that demand is declining fairly quickly, at about the pace one might expect box office receipts of a new film to drop off week after week.

Interest in Obamacare Drops 88 Percent in Two Weeks

And, what's with the low sign up rates ?

We were told that something like 40 million people have no insurance.

Less than half of one percent of HealthCare.gov visitors were able to enroll for health insurance during the first week of Obamacare. According to Kantar US Insights and nonpartisan research firm Millward Brown Digital, Healthcare.gov had 9.47 million visitors but only 36,000 who completed enrollment in week one.

One Obama Administration Obama official said the reports were “inaccurate.” Aneesh Chopra, President Obama’s first Chief Technology Officer said that although the numbers were interesting what really matters is that one million Americans registered to the site. "Account creation is always the holy grail. That’s the moment that matters," he commented in an interview.

Less Than Half of One Percent of HealthCare.gov Visitors Complete Obamacare Enrollment

The question may be;

How *BIG* is the failure ?

How much will Failure cost ?

And, who gets to keep the money ?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
US can´t afford Obamacare, military still uses a lot money and where does the money for obamacare comes ? Taking more debt. If US can´t afford the care now how can it afford it "tomorrow" . I don´t think its thought through well just slapped together and fix it later..
In Other countries which provide free healthcare to all, they don´t spend a lot for military purchases and uptake and money for healthcare comes from taxes. For example Canada and Finland.

Some people were happy

edit on 16-10-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

In Other countries which provide free healthcare to all, they don´t spend a lot for military purchases and uptake and money for healthcare comes from taxes. For example Canada and Finland.

All payments for everything come from taxes (Nothing is "FREE")

The differences between nations is the *"Font Size"* they use when spelling the word

Corporatism

Most military actions are for corporate security purposes.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Back when Bill Clinton was in offiec he and Hillary were pushing really hard for something very similar to the ACA abd had a ton of support for it- until people started figuring out what was really in it. Fortunately it was stopped- people were smarter back then. The people are just now learning what is in the ACA, unfortunately since we allowed it to be passed without knowing what all it entails it is too late. People don't like it when they figure out they've been deceived......what will they do remains to be seen.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What will happen to Obamacare when Obama has served his second term ? Will the next POTUS keep program alive or bury it to the deepest sinkhole they can find? If that happens would it be quite embarrassing...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I think you and I are not surprised by the drop in popularity; what will be even more interesting IMO will be when the fines start being applied because many who supported Obamacare (they did not know what was inside like Pelosi) will be outraged by the way the money is taken from them is the form of fines... Yes next year will not be to bad.... but we will just get to wait for the following years... If the program is in default they will just raise the rates... Not a good deal for anyone... devils in the details, as always.

P.S the whole thing does not effect me in that I have VA and Medicare... The people I have talked to (mostly middle class or those who have been dropped or had their policies increase) have not been happy campers...
edit on 16-10-2013 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

You do know Bush started the phone program not Obama right?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Obamacare is just another mess to take our attention away from this administration's collection of failures.At least one of us is being"Transparent"(sarcasm).

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I been avoiding it extremely well.
I notice it, but avoid it.

The topic, everything.

This is my one moment of slipping up, just to let you know I probably won't be slipping up again.

Back to being part of the "Avoiding DC Voodoo" squad.

edit on 16-10-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It's no surprise that the number dropped. For one the site was broken and parts of it was shutdown. And none of the applications was being processed due to the shutdown. How many people are going to go through the process of filling everything out when nothing is going to be done about it.

link   

dollukka
What will happen to Obamacare when Obama has served his second term ? Will the next POTUS keep program alive or bury it to the deepest sinkhole they can find? If that happens would it be quite embarrassing...

Just like Global Warming got renamed to Climate Change once people realized it was a scam, this nightmare known as ObamaCare will be renamed the Un-Affordable Care Act.

link   

TDawg61
Obamacare is just another mess to take our attention away from this administration's collection of failures.At least one of us is being"Transparent"(sarcasm).

Haha, This Administration is just a mess to take our attention away from the global centuries long conspiracy to keep us all slaves and brainwashed into Gobbledygook.

Gobbledygook or gobbledegook (sometimes gobbledegoo) is jargon or especially convoluted language that results in it being excessively hard to understand or even incomprehensible. "Officialese" or "bureaucratese" is one form of gobbledygook. There are two distinct and opposite cases. One is that incomprehensible material is actual gibberish. In the other some obscure material is either ineptly presented or is subjectively perceived to be gibberish due to a lack of preparation. The SMOG statistic for gobbledygook for example yields an index in terms of years of required education[citation needed].

I'm going with the "complete gibberish" definition.

For politics in general.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

The program might had a future ( somekind ) if it would have been named differently. I can´t understand the narcissism of a "living " President to have his name into something like this, i could if the President who gives the name of something like this is passed away and name had been given in memorable meaninig, Obama is political figure and has political views. Name of the healthcare should be neutral when whole nation could adopt it without making "faces" in direction or other.

Where this care fails is most likely to it´s name. This is egoists and stupid worshipping.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

dollukka

I think that what you will see is that Obamacare will end up being very unpopular but it will stay on the books for those that want to spend the money for it. It will be a good option for those with pre-existing conditions or kids that want to stay on their parents plan for longer.

I think you will see the next President, either on his own or with Congress, removing the penalties for not signing up though.

Basically it will cost you money if you want it but its there as an option, it certainly isn't free as Obama claimed, but I think it will actually be a very small percentage that takes advantage of it.

In the end it will neither be as grandiose as the democrats claimed or as destructive as the republicans did. It will just end up as another program that some people may have a use for.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I didn´t thank you
Well the timing was convenient.. elections

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

dollukka

The PPACA law delegates most of the rules and regulations to certain Cabinet departments.

Mostly to the HHS and IRS.

All Cabinet positions are part of the Executive Branch and are servers of the President.

Most of the current regulations are found in the Federal Register.

Federal Register - HHS Part 6

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

buster2010
It's no surprise that the number dropped. For one the site was broken and parts of it was shutdown. And none of the applications was being processed due to the shutdown. How many people are going to go through the process of filling everything out when nothing is going to be done about it.

How do you feel about having to pay for that ?

And how do you feel about others having to pay for the mistakes and debacles and boondoggles ?

Shutdown ?

If the 'shutdown' affected enrollment, how did people enroll at all ?

There are claims of 'thousands' successfully signing up.

Hmmm.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
and the other 12% is probably Valarie Jarrett typing furiously.

lol

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

dollukka
reply to post by 727Sky

The program might had a future ( somekind ) if it would have been named differently. I can´t understand the narcissism of a "living " President to have his name into something like this, i could if the President who gives the name of something like this is passed away and name had been given in memorable meaninig, Obama is political figure and has political views. Name of the healthcare should be neutral when whole nation could adopt it without making "faces" in direction or other.

Where this care fails is most likely to it´s name. This is egoists and stupid worshipping.

Ahhh.... Obamacare is the nickname it was given that isn't the real name of it.

I am not sure who started calling it that but I kind of doubt it was the Obama administration.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I just dont understand why people are against gun registration and health insurance but they dont vigorously follow that same argument with car insurance and registration.

Can someone explain this to me?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join