It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's NDE Provided Answers, Because He ASKED

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

FlyersFan

AfterInfinity
Doesn't the whole faith thing kinda feed into spiritual pride? "

Mr. Angelic Resurrection doesn't even understand the difference between 'confidence in the Word of God' (good) and 'Spiritual Pride' (self righteous sin). And yet he comes on here trying to preach to people about how to be a good Christian.

edit on 10/21/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

OIC , yes I do mean that confidence and pride is the same thing.
If it means differently to you, pl be my guest

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

No true Christian can partake of all the poppycock ya'll are dishing out.

Of COURSE they can!! Any TRUE Christian would WANT to look into all this 'poppycock.' You've already stated that all you've read is "The Bible," and have not delved into 'theology' at all.

Theology is largely unnecessary imo, but whosoever is interested in it,
then by all means persue it. Jesus gave us the New Covenant.
So The New Testament is all that is necessary, but you may read the
Old Testament if interested in he previous historical record

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Angelic Resurrection
yes I do mean that confidence and pride is the same thing.
If it means differently to you, pl be my guest

The definitions are set ... they aren't subjective.
Confidence in the Word of God means just that ... confidence in the Word of God.
Spiritual Pride is a sin of self righteousness. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Angelic Resurrection
Theology is largely unnecessary imo,

Your responses about spiritual pride (which is a sin) being necessary in order to cast out demons is proof that yes it is necessary for Christians to understand the basic terminology otherwise they spout error.

Angelic Resurrection
The New Testament is all that is necessary,

THAT I agree with. There is nothing in the Old Testament that is necessary for salvation and much of the Old Testament is unreliable. The New Testament is its' own book and has much better traceability.

edit on 10/22/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Oh. Yup, I guess I did. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
No matter what your religion is... who really cares as long as you have a good heart and are giving of yourself instead of being all taking.

I could care less what Religion or label someone chooses to attach them self to and I really wish others did not care that I choose not to attach myself to a religion.

The ONLY reason I would at all is to be a part of a group who gives to charity or helps in other countries or feeds the poor. I can do all of that on my own.

I will never the think that our creator endorses a particular religion. He is not the spokesman for Christianity and that's it. He is the spokesman for all of humanity and LIFE. That in and of itself is logical in my mind and I feel it's the only way to be. Whether you are god or not... just love people unconditionally and know their shoes are not yours to walk in or judge.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Salvation thru The Blood of Jesus has nothing to do with any religion.
It's about personal and intimate relationship with God and Jesus
is the Only Way.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Salvation thru The Blood of Jesus has nothing to do with any religion. It's about personal and intimate relationship with God and Jesus is the Only Way.

Blood magic and cannibalism.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

is the Only Way.

According to the ONE BOOK you've read, and your interpretation of thousands of others' interpretations, translations, editing, etc. regarding that ONE BOOK. I guess if that's satisfactory for you, then obee kaybee.

Tell me, if you were going to invent something, HOW MANY SOURCES would you look at to determine best approach and practice? Just one? Just that one you had in college?

What if you're mistaken, and the teachings of Christ have been invented? Then what?

Oh, and I'm a French model.

edit on 10/22/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Jesus told his disciples to go out into the world and preach the gospel to every creature. Jesus also said he that believes shall have eternal life..he that believes not shall be damned. Now what does all this mean?..It is why christians are exclusive to their religion because Jesus told them to do this, well thats one reason, the other believing that they are the believers and everyone else is gonna be damned for all eternity.
edit on 22-10-2013 by gadfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

wildtimes

is the Only Way.

According to the ONE BOOK you've read, and your interpretation of thousands of others' interpretations, translations, editing, etc. regarding that ONE BOOK. I guess if that's satisfactory for you, then obee kaybee.

I know since, I got this relationship thru The Blood of Jesus Christ. Praise Him.

Tell me, if you were going to invent something, HOW MANY SOURCES would you look at to determine best approach and practice? Just one? Just that one you had in college?

A scientific invention is an entirely different ball game

What if you're mistaken, and the teachings of Christ have been invented? Then what?

Yes, they have been invented by Jesus Himself

Oh, and I'm a French model.
WoW, and intelligent too. I'm smitten

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If you realise of all the people that are truly christians, those that are actually christlike, thats probably a very small percentage of people, do you really believe that God set up a system that would fail in these large of numbers?. that he did not foresee this, being that he knows everything, so why create these people in the first place if they are going to be tortured for all of eternity?..I myself do not believe this is what hell is about, logic will not let me believe it.

Maybe Im getting off topic of the original OP..If I am forgive me.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gadfire

..I myself do not believe this is what hell is about, logic will not let me believe it.

Maybe Im getting off topic of the original OP..If I am forgive me.

Precisely.

I don't believe it either.

Not off-topic at all. No worries.
edit on 10/22/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

FlyersFan

The definitions are set ... they aren't subjective.
Confidence in the Word of God means just that ... confidence in the Word of God.
Spiritual Pride is a sin of self righteousness. BIG DIFFERENCE.

There can never be set definitions. Case Closed

Your responses about spiritual pride (which is a sin) being necessary in order to cast out demons is proof that yes it is necessary for Christians to understand the basic terminology otherwise they spout error.

Actually I care two hoots for theology or your interpretation. So there is no error. Case Closed

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

AR, it seems you are enjoying the thread, although you have not really contributed much except oppositional one-liners.

You also haven't really addressed the questions made to you. Did you read the Mellen-Thomas NDE? Did you look at the page linked, and read about his background?

You keep saying "case closed." Well, the door is over there ----------->(way out >)------------------>(exit >)--------------------->DOOR!

If you want to keep posting, could you give us a little more to chew on, please?
edit on 10/23/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Case not closed. If it is closed for you, then goodbye. But we will continue to discuss what you have chosen to ignore. Your insistence on disrupting the thread only gives us more reason to dig where you dare not follow.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Hey, AfterInfinity - I received my books on Monday! Yay! I was so eager to start reading that I postponed a date with my kid to go see Gravity in IMAX/3D...

Raymond Moody, and P M H Atwater. Apparently they may have had a falling out of some kind. I'm reading Atwater aloud so my husband can hear the stories, too - but Moody while he's at work.

More to follow.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

wildtimes

You also haven't really addressed the questions made to you. Did you read the Mellen-Thomas NDE? Did you look at the page linked, and read about his background?

You are trolling there mate, as I have already replied to that query.
Something to chew on? Resist the devil and he will flee from you

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Awesome! Don't forget to keep us posted, so to speak.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

What on Earth makes you think "the devil" wants anything to do with me? I don't believe in "the Devil".

Trolling, am I? IT'S MY THREAD. lol

Okay, I checked back, and you in fact have NOT read the NDE - you said, "only what's in the thread." So, you're the one who is trolling while insisting there's no need to READ THE MATERIAL PRESENTED.

Gha.
Okay, so, you have no real interest in the thread, just in shooing evil spirits out of people who ARE interested in the thread? Ya know what? I don't believe that you are a "saved, born again" guy. I think you are deliberately trolling, just to disrupt the thread. Oh well.
Keeps it interesting, I guess.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

wildtimes

Gha.
Okay, so, you have no real interest in the thread, just in shooing evil spirits out of people who ARE interested in the thread? Ya know what? I don't believe that you are a "saved, born again" guy. I think you are deliberately trolling, just to disrupt the thread. Oh well.
Keeps it interesting, I guess.

Is that an incantation of sorts? Clearly you don't comprehend blue blood.
God knows that, I am Saved thru His Grace and wt every Christian
desires is, one and all to be saved, that's not disrupting, is it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join