It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's NDE Provided Answers, Because He ASKED

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I hope he learns to save himself.

Actually, he says that we are ALL, already "saved." We are fine, just the way we are.

Did you read the account, AI? I hope you do. It's fascinating.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I'm looking forward to it!! Haven't managed to keep my mouth shut or sit on my hands real well yet. (Although ATS has taught me a LOT about self-restraint).

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You can be sure, if I ever have the opportunity, I'll be asking a LOOOOOT of questions. I want to come back with enough stuff to write a freakin' college textbook on the "other side".

I'll look forward to that (although I hope you DO come back to tell us - we 'pilgrims' who don't buy into any one set of thoughts are those who will come back with answers....it's exciting to think about - although I'm not really in a rush to have one of my own, I would welcome it).

I find it very comforting, interesting, and mind-boggling!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I read some of it. It's very confusing.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

MamaJ
One of my all time favorite "prophets" is Edgar Cayce.

I was able to visit the Edgar Cayce center in Virginia Beach this summer. It was interesting. I was able to pick up a book of his on the Akashic Records. I started a thread on Edgar Cayce Cosmology when I got back ... ATS Thread - Edgar Cayce Cosmology

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Angelic Resurrection
Know ye not that, Discerning of spirits is one of the gifts of The Holy Ghost.
Praise The Lord

This is 2012 .. not 1500 ... the 'ye' stuff went out a long time ago.
Yes discerning of spirits is a gift. Guess what I"m discerning .... a whole lotta' spiritual pride.
(that's a sin, by the way).

wildtimes
Actually, he says that we are ALL, already "saved." We are fine, just the way we are.

I"m having a hard time with that. I really don't want to be on the same cloud in Heaven as Hitler or Gingis Khan, ya' know? I have a hard time thinking these people will get away with their evil. I hope he is a guest here ... I've got lots to ask ... Not that I'm going to automatically believe him, but he'll give me some interesting things to think about.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It's very confusing.

That's an interesting response. I found it kind of "mixed in" - with things described not exactly in chrono order - (such as the "lessons learned", which might have been better placed in the actual description of the journey).

What confused you?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I"m having a hard time with that. I really don't want to be on the same cloud in Heaven as Hitler or Gingis Khan, ya' know? I have a hard time thinking these people will get away with their evil.

I don't think he said that was the case;

he did say that "souls" are not inherently evil, though - and that he visited "Hell" - which was a bunch of wandering souls still stuck in their pre-conceived ideas, who were NOT "in the light."

I dunno. I do believe evil is corrected. Not sure how, though - but, I don't think we wind up sitting on clouds....

Mellen-Thomas said that ALL forms of heaven exist - as though just having been imagined makes them "real" to the believers. He was not committed to any particular dogma or religion, so he got an "overview" as a "searcher."

Fascinating stuff. It gives me the impression that a person who is aware of different belief sets will have a more diverse experience, as long as they are open to exploring ALL of the various possible outcomes.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Angelic Resurrection
Know ye not that, Discerning of spirits is one of the gifts of The Holy Ghost.
Praise The Lord

This is 2012 .. not 1500 ... the 'ye' stuff went out a long time ago.
Yes discerning of spirits is a gift. Guess what I"m discerning .... a whole lotta' spiritual pride.
(that's a sin, by the way).

Spiritual pride is fine as long as you give Glory to The Lord

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Discerning of spirits is one of the gifts of The Holy Ghost.

The "Holy Ghost" (which I call the Divine Spark) resides in us all - we are all connected, and we ARE "God" manifested.

FWIW, I was baptized as an infant. Make of it what you will.

The Holy Ghost is available to all, who ask Jesus to be the Lord of their life.
If The Holy Ghost resides in all, then you mean to say that, Jesus died in vain?
Yes you will be connected to God, only when Jesus saves you.
Good to know, you were Baptized as an infant.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Angelic Resurrection

Um .. no.
That's like saying lust is fine as long as you give glory to the Lord.
For a Christian .. spiritual pride is a bad thing.
For others .. pride is considered healthy.

Herald of His Coming - the Sin of Spiritual Pride

www.agsconsulting.com...] The Danger in Spiritual Pride

PRIDE in any form and in anybody is a dangerous thing. In a worldly way the proverb is well attested, "Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall"; and surely very, very few people have anything of which they might justly be proud! Some who hold their heads high with the pride of a haughty spirit, as though they were especially created out of some preferable "dust of the earth," have really nothing to boast of as to ancestry. A very few generations back are generally sufficient for any boaster.

The world is learning that it is not wise to boast of riches, lest thereby some one ask how were the riches accumulated and by whom, and whether they were honestly obtained. Pride of education is not appropriate, either; for education in general signifies the learning of what other people have found out or have written as history. And in our day those who would boast of great education have need of humility lest it be found that the very thing that they are boasting about has been disproven by later researches. Scientific books of the year 1900 will not pass muster today, nor their theories stand in the light of present knowledge. So if it were right to boast of knowledge, the boaster would need to be very careful to keep up to date.

Pride of one's beauty or physical perfection is scarcely to be excused; for the beauty of form and feature came by heredity, and the parent rather than the child might have some reason for pride. Pride as respects clothing, adornments is also foolish. The maker of the fabrics or the ornaments might have some reason for pride in the handiwork, but surely the wearer has not! He is merely appropriating to himself the skill and labor of others.

SPIRITUAL PRIDE WORST OF ALL

( we have these books ) -
Three Ages of the Interior Life - Healing Pride

Christian Classics - Spiritual Pride is the most Hateful

edit on 10/18/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

His description of how it all fit together. Like a patchwork whose only theme was convenience.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

His description of how it all fit together. Like a patchwork whose only theme was convenience.

Hmmmm......

interesting. I found it very compelling, and saw 'real truth' in it.
Not so much "convenient".

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Angelic Resurrection

Um .. no.
That's like saying lust is fine as long as you give glory to the Lord.
For a Christian .. spiritual pride is a bad thing.
For others .. pride is considered healthy.

edit on 10/18/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

I would know this better than you, don't you think.
You should be proud to be a Christian, a living testimony
for the supreme sacrifice of our Lord.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Erm, what?

No, I don't think you would know better than FF; she seems to spend quite a bit of time looking into these things.
Unless you're making it a sexist thing. (Misogynistic). You think women don't feel "lust"???

POPPYCOCK. lol

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

If The Holy Ghost resides in all, then you mean to say that, Jesus died in vain?
No. He died. His message still stands. Not in vain.

Yes you will be connected to God, only when Jesus saves you.

Incorrect. We ALL are already connected to God, and have been all along.

Good to know, you were Baptized as an infant.

Does that mean you can converse with me without being 'contaminated'? Yes, I was. So, I have as much right as anyone else to discuss my take on the "Holy Spirit" - the Divine Spark that RESIDES IN US ALL, and in everything around us.

Why is it so important to you to have a "monopoly" on salvation? There are BILLIONS of people in the world who don't think "Jesus" is 'the [only] way." For THOUSANDS OF YEARS, that's been the case.

So, you think "hell" is teeming with everyone who wasn't a "born again" (using your definition, NOT MINE - because I believe it means reincarnation, and figured that out on my own at about age 14) Jesus-worshipper, even though they lived a good life of service to others, humility, charity, and spiritual rather than materialist interests?

If that is the case, I don't want to hang around a boring heaven where people just sit and worship some entity.

You can say it all you want; it doesn't make it "so." And, you have provided next to NOTHING convincing.

Tell me, DID YOU READ THE GUY'S NDE?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

wildtimes

Tell me, DID YOU READ THE GUY'S NDE?

Only wts in the thread. don't need to really, for by the Grace of Jesus, I Know The Truth
I only hope he has asked Jesus to save him, since he is back in this world

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

wildtimes

Why is it so important to you to have a "monopoly" on salvation? There are BILLIONS of people in the world who don't think "Jesus" is 'the [only] way." For THOUSANDS OF YEARS, that's been the case.

My dear, Jesus has the monopoly on Salvation, not me.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

wildtimes

Erm, what?

No, I don't think you would know better than FF; she seems to spend quite a bit of time looking into these things.
Unless you're making it a sexist thing. (Misogynistic). You think women don't feel "lust"???

POPPYCOCK. lol

I wasn't addressing the Lust part

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Angelic Resurrection

No. I was a Third Order Carmelite (discalced) for many years. And a Third Order Franciscan before that. I am very well trained in what Christianity is and where its beliefs come from. Spiritual pride is a deep sin, according to the Christian faith. And I fully agree.

According to Christianity, faith is a gift from God. For you to be proud of that gift
is absurd. It didn't come from you. It came from God.

The devil had misplaced pride and it was his downfall.
Spiritual pride is the downfall of many, many Christians.

Apparently I DO know better than you on this. You'd be wise to listen.

edit on 10/20/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join