It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's NDE Provided Answers, Because He ASKED

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

"Why is it so important to you to have a "monopoly" on salvation? There are BILLIONS of people in the world who don't think "Jesus" is 'the [only] way." For THOUSANDS OF YEARS, that's been the case." Quote Wildtimes

Exclusionist ideology is in-built with saviour mechanisms that are exclusive...there are many 'chosen', they're just not all in the same religion (speaking of exclusionist ideology)...perpetuates the black & white, right & wrong...that obfuscates the larger picture around the monocle of belief...simple minds need simple instructions...unfortunately, the simple minded can only appreciate black & white...let them have thier level of comprehension...there is no way to teach a 2 YO Haiku...beyond its level of comprehension.

Å99

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Angelic Resurrection
I would know this better than you, don't you think.

No. I was a Third Order Carmelite (discalced) for many years. And a Third Order Franciscan before that. I am very well trained in what Christianity is and where its beliefs come from. Spiritual pride is a deep sin, according to the Christian faith. And I fully agree.

According to Christianity, faith is a gift from God. For you to be proud of that gift
is absurd. It didn't come from you. It came from God.

The devil had misplaced pride and it was his downfall.
Spiritual pride is the downfall of many, many Christians.

Apparently I DO know better than you on this. You'd be wise to listen.

edit on 10/20/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Heck you personify silliness.
I said, give Glory to the Lord for spiritual pride, gift of faith, Gift of Salvation Etc.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Angelic Resurrection
I said, give Glory to the Lord for spiritual pride, gift of faith, Gift of Salvation Etc.

Heck, you personify thickness ...
You can't give Glory to the Lord for a sin. Spiritual pride is a sin.
I already provided some of the theology. It's basic stuff. You should know better.
But that's what happens with spiritual pride ....

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Angelic Resurrection

Heck, you personify thickness ...
You can't give Glory to the Lord for a sin. Spiritual pride is a sin.
I already provided some of the theology. It's basic stuff. You should know better.
But that's what happens with spiritual pride ....

How can you cast out demons, if you lack spiritual pride.
BTW spiritual pride is not a sin. I've only read The Bible
and do not claim to know theology better than you or any1 else.
I do and speak as The Lord leads. Praise Him.
Hope Ya'll are doin fine.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Angelic Resurrection
How can you cast out demons, if you lack spiritual pride.

Spiritual pride is a SIN. Demons aren't cast out by SIN. Dude .. you don't even know what you are talking about and yet you claim to know more than anyone else here?

BTW spiritual pride is not a sin.

BTW .. YES IT IS. Read the links already provided ... and take a theology course or two.
You are dead wrong.
I already posted these. You obviously didn't read them.
So read up ... and educate yourself. Go to a theology course .... learn something.

Herald of His Coming - the Sin of Spiritual Pride

www.agsconsulting.com...] The Danger in Spiritual Pride

PRIDE in any form and in anybody is a dangerous thing. In a worldly way the proverb is well attested, "Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall"; and surely very, very few people have anything of which they might justly be proud! Some who hold their heads high with the pride of a haughty spirit, as though they were especially created out of some preferable "dust of the earth," have really nothing to boast of as to ancestry. A very few generations back are generally sufficient for any boaster.

The world is learning that it is not wise to boast of riches, lest thereby some one ask how were the riches accumulated and by whom, and whether they were honestly obtained. Pride of education is not appropriate, either; for education in general signifies the learning of what other people have found out or have written as history. And in our day those who would boast of great education have need of humility lest it be found that the very thing that they are boasting about has been disproven by later researches. Scientific books of the year 1900 will not pass muster today, nor their theories stand in the light of present knowledge. So if it were right to boast of knowledge, the boaster would need to be very careful to keep up to date.

Pride of one's beauty or physical perfection is scarcely to be excused; for the beauty of form and feature came by heredity, and the parent rather than the child might have some reason for pride. Pride as respects clothing, adornments is also foolish. The maker of the fabrics or the ornaments might have some reason for pride in the handiwork, but surely the wearer has not! He is merely appropriating to himself the skill and labor of others.

SPIRITUAL PRIDE WORST OF ALL

( we have these books ) -
Three Ages of the Interior Life - Healing Pride

Christian Classics - Spiritual Pride is the most Hateful

The first and the worst cause of errors that prevail in such a state of things is spiritual pride. This is the main door by which the devil comes into the hearts of those who are zealous for the advancement of religion. It is the chief inlet of smoke from the bottomless pit, to darken the mind and mislead the judgment. This is the main handle by which the devil has hold of religious persons, and the chief source of all the mischief that he introduces, to clog and hinder a work of God. —This cause of error is the main spring, or at least the main support, of all the rest.

READ WHAT PEOPLE POST! instead of just preaching at them.

edit on 10/21/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

FlyersFan

READ WHAT PEOPLE POST! instead of just preaching at them.

I DO NOT PROBE THE UNTRUTH, WHEN BY HIS GRACE, I KNOW THE TRUTH

CASE CLOSED

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

I should just let this go, but seeing as the thread is one that I started, I won't.

What you mean is

MIND CLOSED

and probably "END OF CHAT" (at least with FF)??? Because you can't handle the real truth? Your thinking appears to be very narrow, but -- that's okay. It's your life, your journey.

Fare well.

edit on 10/21/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I DO NOT PROBE THE UNTRUTH, WHEN BY HIS GRACE, I KNOW THE TRUTH

CASE CLOSED

If you do not probe the untruth, how do you know what is truth? That is akin to saying that you do not look inside the box because you trust that the man beside you is telling the truth when he says he can tell you exactly what is inside. And yet, you have never looked yourself. You take the man's word as truth instead of doing your own investigating. Perhaps you are afraid of what you will find.

I think that's it. You're afraid, and you're even too afraid to admit that fear. It's okay to be afraid, you know. It's very...human.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

So what you are saying is that you will remain spouting theological errors even though they have been shown to you, AND I POSTED CHRISTIAN SOURCES, .... all because you refuse to educate yourself. ALL OF CHRISTIANITY agrees that spiritual pride is a sin. But you think you know Christianity better than 2 billion Christians and 2000 years of educated Theologicans ... all of whom agree on this?

You've proven that you don't know what you are talking about.
You've proven why spiritual pride is a sin.
Go take a few theology courses ... then get back to us. BU-BYE.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Angelic Resurrection
WHEN BY HIS GRACE, I KNOW THE TRUTH

Side note .... it isn't the 'holy spirit' that is guiding you. It's an evil one.
It's not 'His Grace' that has you in error.
Spiritual pride is the downfall of Christians .. and yet you think it's a holy thing.

This is a perfect example of what the sin of spiritual pride will do to a Christian.
It gets them all turned around and full of themselves.

Pride goeth before the fall ....

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You asked a question about why people are afraid to admit that their religious beliefs are wrong. One of the answers is SPIRITUAL PRIDE.

Not to show off but my 'credentials' on this 'spiritual pride' question are that I spent the early 1990s with the Third Order Franciscans. Then I spent the late 1990s and all through the early 2000 with the Discalced Third Order Carmelites. Daily scripture and prayer. Theology lessons. Church history lessons. Group study. Homework. Weekly classes for a decade and then monthly classes for another decade.

It is simple basic Christian theology ... spiritual pride is a SIN and it brings the Christian DOWN.
And I fully agree with that. Disordered pride is the root of all sin.
Arrogance and pride caused the fall of the 'fallen angels' and Satan. That's Christian teaching.

For someone to say that I"m wrong on this ... that's absurd. I know what I"m talking about.
People may not agree with that theology ... but it absolutely IS basic Christian theology.

Basic Discalced Third Order Carmelite Information
Basic Third Order Franciscan Information

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Very impressive. I remember reading that from you right after I joined (2.5 years ago).

I'm certain you know what you are talking about.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It is simple basic Christian theology ... spiritual pride is a SIN and it brings the Christian DOWN.

Doesn't the whole faith thing kinda feed into spiritual pride? "I can believe harder, sing harder, pray more with less than you so I'm more special and favored and blah blah blah..."

The tighter your eyes are closed, the closer to God you are.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

wildtimes

I should just let this go, but seeing as the thread is one that I started, I won't.

What you mean is

MIND CLOSED

and probably "END OF CHAT" (at least with FF)??? Because you can't handle the real truth? Your thinking appears to be very narrow, but -- that's okay. It's your life, your journey.

Fare well.

No true Christian can partake of all the poppycock ya'll are dishing out.
But you are entitled to your beliefs and your version of theology

Cheers

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Of COURSE they can!! Any TRUE Christian would WANT to look into all this 'poppycock.' You've already stated that all you've read is "The Bible," and have not delved into 'theology' at all.

Any person who is truly trying to know GOD will check out ALL of the various religions, do a 'comparative religion' phase, and come out the wiser for it.

HOW DO YOU justify simply being 'born again' when you don't really understand who Jesus WAS???

That is a fail. That is a cop-out. If you are going to believe Jesus is 'the only way', then you need to know EXACTLY what it is he was teaching, and clearly, you don't.

It's like the difference between starting up your computer and expecting it to work without knowing anything about HOW it works; and having an indepth knowledge of how COMPUTERS WORK.

MOST people simply are told, at the sales desk, "Yeah, it will work. Trust me."

And then, when it breaks down - who is it who knows how to "diagnose" and "repair" it? The programmers and technicians.

Lame. But, cheers anyway.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Doesn't the whole faith thing kinda feed into spiritual pride? "I can believe harder, sing harder, pray more with less than you so I'm more special and favored and blah blah blah..."

The tighter your eyes are closed, the closer to God you are.

Actually, no, AfterInfinity....
the more OPEN your mind is, the closer to 'God' you are.

You have a good heart. A sound soul. I don't blame you for being defiant and pissed off, not at ALL....
but, there are MANY 'versions' of 'God' beyond the Abrahamic monstrosity most commonly known to us in the West.

Have you looked into Eastern thoughts/mysticism?
They pretty much agree that 'God' is beyond definition, beyond 'any human comprehension.' You might find something worthwhile if you look into it. Maybe?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Angelic Resurrection

Hey genius ... I quoted CHRISTIAN SOURCES and BASIC CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY.
Your sinful spiritual pride (self righteousness) means you keep putting your foot in your mouth.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Doesn't the whole faith thing kinda feed into spiritual pride? "

Mr. Angelic Resurrection doesn't even understand the difference between 'confidence in the Word of God' (good) and 'Spiritual Pride' (self righteous sin). And yet he comes on here trying to preach to people about how to be a good Christian.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Sounds like you missed the sarcasm. As in, the entire post full.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The Light that is with those in hell, is for when they start to wake up, have worked through their pain, loss, apathy, feelings of anger, and transference, all that is need of dropping away. There is NO PERMANENT HELL. In the bible there was a passage somewhere that they go through this atonement at the foot of the lamb, can't remember the exact passage, well it sounds metaphorically like this, basically with Love there to assist when they can surface enough to reach out to the light. And since these things are actually shown when no one has permanently crossed over, but in NDE's and for some in astral work such as soul retrievals in the winterlands, one doesnt know for sure if its even as suggested, or if its meant to jar the person into more awareness.
edit on 21-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join