It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire Hunters / Researchers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am sorry to hear that you suffer from Reinfelds Symdrome. I sincerely hope you get help to tackle this as it sure can be taxing. Not least for your neighbourhood pets..

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Meldionne1

are your family members vampires too? Or are you the only one in your family. And Why are you looking for vampire hunters? I'm guessing it's not for their opinion, but perhaps you are hunting them, or Keeping a watchful eye on your " enemy" and your butt safe.....Or maybe avendetta of some sort...... Just curious..As moving from the North to Georgia is a big change for a single female...which makes me think back to a vendetta theory.?

I never knew my father. I knew his mother and she was a witch of sorts. She claimed to see spirits and I always thought she was aiming to frighten me. One night, she pointed down the hall from the kitchen table we were sitting at and said "there they are" and I became upset. At the end of the hall, on a small decorative table was a vase with fake flowers. It suddenly tipped off the table and broke I never doubted her again.

My mother wasn't a vampire. I don't know what to tell you in that regard. My family is all passed now.

I actually AM looking for their opinion, or possibly more, their information and point of view. I have zero intention of hunting anyone like that. That would not be something I'd invite into my life. I do have to maintain the appearance of normalcy and having lunatics kick in my door with a sharp bit of wood is the fast track to police involvement. No.. I'm staying on this side of the glass screen where it's comfortable. It would take some pretty lengthy conversations before I'd ever physically meet someone like that and I presume on friendly terms.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

MrSinister
I am sorry to hear that you suffer from Reinfelds Symdrome. I sincerely hope you get help to tackle this as it sure can be taxing. Not least for your neighbourhood pets..

I don't suffer from any such thing, but clearly I have to suffer snide comments like yours.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by aptrgangr

I have found people who believe in or want to be Vampires to be for some reason not able to fit in anywhere so try to make there own group and feel better than normal people. I find it best to just smile and let them be.

P.S. If you suffer from Reinfelds Symdrome I mean no disrespect, if you are a real Vampire best not to go round telling everyone, i sure would hate you to be a pain in my neck.
edit on 10-10-2013 by imod02 because: ps added

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I don't understand the negative comments. OP has been perfectly respectable, when met with respect.

If you come here to be a jerk, why bother?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

imod02

I have found people who believe in or want to be Vampires to be for some reason not able to fit in anywhere so try to make there own group and feel better than normal people. I find it best to just smile and let them be.

P.S. If you suffer from Reinfelds Symdrome I mean no disrespect, if you are a real Vampire best not to go round telling everyone, i sure would hate you to be a pain in my neck.
edit on 10-10-2013 by imod02 because: ps added

To be fair to the OP, the discussion was to be about 'Hunters' rather than any claim to be a vampire ?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I am sorry for offending you, That was never my intention and I am serious about this. I used to date a girl who considered herself a vampire, a true vampire. And I can tell you she was, at least in her world. The thing that worried me was not her mannerism and beliefs as such, but her pathological compulsiveness to blood, both hers, mine and possibly others. She would never go out during the day and always explained her consistent fatigue as hunger. After she fed she would get really aroused, feeling energized and well.. Rosy-cheeked and horny. (which was fun at first). For the few months we dated I got to know her background and history. And yes there was a reason for her being a "Vampire", however a very mundane and horrible one.

I like to consider myself an open-minded person and as such has to keep the possibility of actual vampires existing. I have never, ever, ever seen anything remotely like a true Vamipre. You could very well be one but then I believe your numbers would have to be infintesimal. On the other hand I have from personal experience (ex included) and through my work with psychiatric patients (not as a therapist) seen quite a few cases of Vampire-like personality disorders. Those fake ones you refer to. And interestingly those cases all flared up around the time "Interview with the Vampire", "Dracula" and "Twilight" was shown.

The obvious link twixt sex and blood and the sub-erotic lure of the goth culture are all appealing to the eager, needy and young mind. And the mind is a thing of both great terror and beauty. It`s ability to suppress memories and shape those to images you can relate to and tackle, because the alternative would be insanity or suicide, is very strong. Therefore I always worry when people call themselves vampires, the compulsion for human blood may quickly escalate to serious crimes and sexual assaults. When this is rationalized as "my nature" by the perpetrator, you really have a seriously dangerous individual. One who needs professional help.

The above may not apply to you so please disregard it. I sincerely appologize for causing offense. I came of snide where I should have been respectful.

But hey... Only human

edit on 10-10-2013 by MrSinister because: Typo-Negative

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I am curious as to what exactly you hope to learn from vampire researchers or hunters? It seems to me that nobody would know more about a vampire than a vampire. Does that make sense? Also, why not become a researcher yourself? You mention a circle of vampire acquaintances, couldn't you interview each of them and basically just compile your own research? Sort of like a thesis, but vamp-style?

I think that human researchers would not likely have access to any information other than info that originates from folklore. I grew up around mountain magic, granny witches, and all the stories that one could imagine. I'm more empathic than the average joe, and have been known to have the occasional premonition. I've had an interest in the occult and all things 'paranormal' or unusual from an early age. Does any of that make me a researcher? Probably not. lol. I don't think that anyone who has the knowledge you are looking for would be apt to simply throw it out there on an internet forum.

As for hunters, well, I wouldn't know anything about that, but I imagine they would exist on the level of psychopath. Killers are not someone I would personally want to be associated with!

I'm not trying to be snarky or anything, I'm genuinely curious.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

JayinAR
I don't understand the negative comments. OP has been perfectly respectable, when met with respect.

Isn't it inherently jerky to troll under the cover of internetz anonymity, preying on those vulnerable to whatever story you're selling? It's actual human beings on the other end of the terminal, people who might have a weakness for stories that romanticize inter-species predation.

If OP wants to substantiate his claims, OP is free to do so.

Otherwise, prepare for counter-trolling.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Seeing spirits does not make you a witch....but...maybe your mother wasn't seeing spirits, maybe she was seeing vampires.
I have encountered other people through out the years who claim to be vampires. In the 80's, there was a big push for that ,due to the movie " the lost boys" ....but it seems " the originals" " vampire diaries" "twilight" have brought a lot of that back...
I'm not saying YOU are claiming to be a vampire due to tv shows, but get ready for the resurgence of teenagers role playing. ...just look at the zombie movement!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

JayinAR
reply to post by mikelkhall

Well I meant other than us. In their natural habitat they have no peers.

Have you seen what Great Whites do when they hear/see/sense Orca....RUN !!! (well swim away really fast lol).

I do get what you mean though and as an apex predator Great Whites are at the top of their tree, and in their own way a truly beautiful animal.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

You have me confused with the other psychotic.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSinister

I can't speak to what your girlfriend was or was not. It's not an easy thing to sort out by description alone so I generally reserve judgement unto I can lay eyes on a person.

I'm well versed in the DSM's attempt to collectivise certain similar types into one category and renfield's syndrome is so woefully out of date as to me laughable. I will say this. The true vampires I know, and for myself, there is nothing sexual about feeding any more than you become aroused over a pizza (yes yes, I know, it happens with some weird humans) so, we can strike that from the list and move forward knowing that it is not a fetishized activity, nor is feeding satisfying some mental compulsion. I actually suffer physically without it on multiple levels and though lack of mental focus is one symptom, it's not a psychological tic.

This could go on endlessly, and I don't have any aspirations of converting anyone to belief but I'd prefer not to be insulted for being transparent and direct with all I know.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm a Vampire Hunter. I've steaked a few.

Jk!! Retract dem fangs..

First off you claim to be a vampire but don't wanna talk about it??? Hogwash cuz we wanna talk about it. Dot get real vampires here on the regular.

So are you guys really immortal? If so how long ya been alive for?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Your initial act of auto vampirism is in accordance with Renfield's syndrome. Did you escalate to animal blood prior to when you began consuming human donor blood? As that would also conform to Renfield's syndrome. However you deny a sexual or fetishistic motivation which is supposedly nearly always present. Don't you ever wonder if there is a clinical explanation for your vampirism? Also I would think it wise to limit your blood consumption to the bear minimum as you are most likely ingesting prions which have a cumulative effect and can result in your contraction of Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease, the so called human form of mad cow disease.

Sorry i didn't see you had already addressed Renfield's syndrome. So ignore that I guess.
edit on 10/10/2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
No actually, there is surprisingly little truth out and about within easy reach. The OVC -claims- to have information but it's a disturbing mess of half-truths, presumptions, huge leaps of logic that go nowhere good and in some cases, DELIBERATE misinformation by those who know better but they have an agenda.

Yes I have spoken to all of the vampires I know and they all know less than me. They come to -me- for answers. I am in essence a researcher from the inside but I'm fumbling around in the dark with a flashlight for most of this. I've tried a lot of things, we have done experiments on certain things, explored possibilities and yes, I know a great deal but there's a lot more to learn, I'm sure and I want to know... Everything. Or as close to everything as I can.

You're right, these people I'm looking for, they're not going to put it out there for all to see but my inbox got incredibly full this morning. Some won't post aloud, some want to talk in private and I can understand that.

MojaveBurning
I am curious as to what exactly you hope to learn from vampire researchers or hunters? It seems to me that nobody would know more about a vampire than a vampire. Does that make sense? Also, why not become a researcher yourself? You mention a circle of vampire acquaintances, couldn't you interview each of them and basically just compile your own research? Sort of like a thesis, but vamp-style?

I think that human researchers would not likely have access to any information other than info that originates from folklore. I grew up around mountain magic, granny witches, and all the stories that one could imagine. I'm more empathic than the average joe, and have been known to have the occasional premonition. I've had an interest in the occult and all things 'paranormal' or unusual from an early age. Does any of that make me a researcher? Probably not. lol. I don't think that anyone who has the knowledge you are looking for would be apt to simply throw it out there on an internet forum.

As for hunters, well, I wouldn't know anything about that, but I imagine they would exist on the level of psychopath. Killers are not someone I would personally want to be associated with!

I'm not trying to be snarky or anything, I'm genuinely curious.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

As a totally different and super species, as she claims, she would probably be immune to such flimsy things as prions and viruses and bacterias and such.

True shame she would not allow a vial of her blood to be examined. The DNA must truly be magnificent and remarkable. It could be the breakthrough to longevity, cancer cures and a host of other debilitating diseases.

Also I saved a lot of money on my insurance.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Eidolon23

JayinAR

Isn't it inherently jerky to troll under the cover of internetz anonymity, preying on those vulnerable to whatever story you're selling? It's actual human beings on the other end of the terminal, people who might have a weakness for stories that romanticize inter-species predation.

No, I'm not trolling my own thread, nor am I selling anything and YES, I've explained all I am comfortable explains, both when others ask or in another tread, which I link to in the first page, should you feel the bother to fully read, it may be educational or not,

There is no "counter trolling".

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

BlastedCaddy
I'm a Vampire Hunter. I've steaked a few.

Jk!! Retract dem fangs..

First off you claim to be a vampire but don't wanna talk about it??? Hogwash cuz we wanna talk about it. Dot get real vampires here on the regular.

So are you guys really immortal? If so how long ya been alive for?

Read all the posts.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Eidolon23

JayinAR

I didn't realize there were super heroes left in the world. Where would we be without Captain America types saving the gullible from internettrolls??

Bless you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join