It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire Hunters / Researchers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

aptrgangr
As a vampire, one would assume I'd be cautious in this regard but my curiosity far outweighs any fear and I really don't fear much, much less humans. I would enjoy honest discussion though, perhaps shed some light,

Strange. I've never seen you around The Lodge. You missed an important meeting last week.

All REAL vampires are members at The Lodge.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

JayinAR
reply to post by aptrgangr

Haha.
This sounds like season one of True Blood.

I don't mean to laugh at you if you are serious. Consider it me laughing with you. I'm a pretty open minded guy. Also, check your inbox.

Its a little hard to be offended by people who don't believe me. I know what I am, I know what's true in that regard. People who meet me tend to believe anyway. It's a bit like someone laughing when I say I'm of Norwegian descent. It's not offensive, it's just... Confusing that they'd decry it without a blip of understanding.

And you people need to hurry up and invent trueblood. I -might- stop feeding off humans if you did.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

TheComte

aptrgangr
As a vampire, one would assume I'd be cautious in this regard but my curiosity far outweighs any fear and I really don't fear much, much less humans. I would enjoy honest discussion though, perhaps shed some light,

Strange. I've never seen you around The Lodge. You missed an important meeting last week.

All REAL vampires are members at The Lodge.

Your use of the word lodge sounds like a threat. It's.. Creepy

Yeah, vampire cults, and there are some, are pretty much always filled with people looking for some "lets pretend". Most of us vampires are pretty solitary for a number of reasons.

Seriously, I'm never going to enter anyone's "lodge". Seems like a trap.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Well how would a person gain any understanding? If what you say is true then it sounds to me like most of your species is rather cowardly.

I mean, that's what were are talking about here. A separate human (perhaps) species that lives in the dark, yet hides in plain sight.

It wouldn't be funny at all if this exact drama hadn't been played out on the big screen countless times.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

JayinAR

Well how would a person gain any understanding? If what you say is true then it sounds to me like most of your species is rather cowardly.

I mean, that's what were are talking about here. A separate human (perhaps) species that lives in the dark, yet hides in plain sight.

It wouldn't be funny at all if this exact drama hadn't been played out on the big screen countless times.

Like I say in that other thread, the truth is put before you in film, in books, and coated in a thick layer of fiction. The view from the inside allows me to see what's real and what isn't.

Cowardly? Mmmm, I don't feel very cowardly, but I'll be damned if I'm going to paint the side of my house with "vampire inside". When I moved to the Deep South, I jokingly said to my acquaintances, "I'm sure at some point a mob with torches and pitchforks is going to burn me at the stake down there." I do however, pick and choose who I tell in person. If I've told you, in person, I've likely already sized you up for a meal. Sad truth is, I don't look at most humans without thinking "so, could I convince this one to let me feed?". Yes, I hide in plain sight and as an artist, I can get away with a lot of seeming "eccentricity" that most will pass off. I still have to maintain a home, income, pay bills and feed myself, so I don't tell anyone that I -sense- will not understand. At the same time, those I tell have been so awash in the maxim "there is no such thing as vampires" that their mind likely goes only as far as "okay, fine, she's a little kinky" but they don't envision me actually feeding the way I do. When I've tried to describe it, they get nervous. I don't do that anymore.

So yeah, we have the camouflage of looking a lot like you. It would make hunting us difficult.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Cowardly may have been a poor choice of word. HAHA.

Note to self: don't call out the 500lb gorilla in the room.

I didn't mean you specifically anyways.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

JayinAR

Cowardly may have been a poor choice of word. HAHA.

Note to self: don't call out the 500lb gorilla in the room.

I didn't mean you specifically anyways.

I'm mostly harmless

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Well that's a relief. Haha

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Excuse my butting in, but are you?? Really?? A vampire? A real vampire, that's so exciting! How brilliant!!
Don't worry about vampire hunters, they're just a myth made from bits of old stories. They don't really exist.
Can you get yourself to a hospital perhaps, or a research institute and demand to be 'examined' (within reason though, for decency). You are finally, irrefutable proof that vampires exist and no one can deny it now, because you can prove it!!
Hurray, I love you!!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
All true vampire hunters were born from a race of vampire hunters just as, I'm sure you would say, you were born of a race of vampires.

If you were a true vampire you would have already known this. It's not hidden knowledge to those that live the life.

To try and say that the vampire is the ultimate predator is a myth of Hollywood and has no basis in reality. For every predator there is always a hunter.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

What hunts the great white shark?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Give me a big boat and some tackle and I will bring you one. How do you like yours? Roasted, sauteed, fried or baked?

edit on 10/10/2013 by mikelkhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Note to self: Don't call out the 500lb go... Oh, I see. Er, I'll back out quietly, they might not notice..

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Well I meant other than us. In their natural habitat they have no peers.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I knew what you meant. I'm just being sarcastic.

But the truth is, if there were such a thing as vampires existing in the world since time Immemorial then we would know about them just as surely as we know that the duck-billed platypus is real.

So if someone is going to proclaim to the ATS community that they are in fact a true, extra-species, vampire then I proclaim that I am a vampire hunter as was my father and his father and on down the line starting when we cut up Cain and placed his immortal parts to the four-corners of the world.

"thanks ironclad for the Cain information"
edit on 10/10/2013 by mikelkhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Eidolon23

Pretty funny. That film is priceless. Your clip there is pretty much how I see all the pretenders out there, especially the cult-types.

beansidhe

Excuse my butting in, but are you?? Really?? A vampire? A real vampire, that's so exciting! How brilliant!!
Don't worry about vampire hunters, they're just a myth made from bits of old stories. They don't really exist.
Can you get yourself to a hospital perhaps, or a research institute and demand to be 'examined' (within reason though, for decency). You are finally, irrefutable proof that vampires exist and no one can deny it now, because you can prove it!!
Hurray, I love you!!

With all those exclamation points, I'm not sure how to take your post, ha ha. But in regards to running to the nearest medical type person, it's a bad idea in my opinion. It puts one in a spotlight very quickly and it's been tried before. Doctors have a habit of declaring something hypochondria or taking a symptom of one thing and attributing it to something they know of. These days, only investigative science with a truly open mind would be helpful and even then I'd concern myself over allowing any institution to get me into a room. Who knows what might happen. To be truthful, I'm not trying to prove my existence here.

mikelkhall
All true vampire hunters were born from a race of vampire hunters just as, I'm sure you would say, you were born of a race of vampires.

If you were a true vampire you would have already known this. It's not hidden knowledge to those that live the life.

To try and say that the vampire is the ultimate predator is a myth of Hollywood and has no basis in reality. For every predator there is always a hunter.

Well well well, this was bound to crop up. I am skeptical of these claims, as I've seen them before and how sweet of you to try to discredit me in the same breath you try to build the framework of this mythical super-vampire-killer-avenger race. Are we talking about Buffy Summers? I'll try to avoid Sunnydale...

Honestly, saying "If you were a vampire, you'd know about these badass super ninjas!" is about as intelligent as saying "I jammed a shaft of wood into her heart, clearly she was a vampire, because look, she's dead" or "You have a reflection, ergo, you are not a vampire."

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

A whole lot of people still can't grasp that aliens visit this planet.
I am not closed to the possibility. Does that mean I believe our OP? Nah. But its fun to talk about.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
So... then you're saying that there are no vampires, which is not surprising, but then if you say that, then I guess there's no legacy borne super-duper-vampire killer race either? Get your story straight.

I declare you, a denier. I expect you to continue posting gibberish and wildly passionate declarations without a shread of fact, only opinion and backing it all with "Everyone knows that!"

mikelkhall
reply to post by JayinAR

I knew what you meant. I'm just being sarcastic.

But the truth is, if there were such a thing as vampires existing in the world since time Immemorial then we would know about them just as surely as we know that the duck-billed platypus is real.

So if someone is going to proclaim to the ATS community that they are in fact a true, extra-species, vampire then I proclaim that I am a vampire hunter as was my father and his father and on down the line starting when we cut up Cain and placed his immortal parts to the four-corners of the world.

edit on 10-10-2013 by aptrgangr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I am a vampire too. I drink Clamato and wear clothes from Hot Topic. Per se.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join