It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Employers Advertising Jobs That Don't Exist in Reality

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I noticed this trend happening when I worked temp work a couple of years ago in Canada.

The agency advertises that they are hiring. So you apply and they hire you. So technically your employed, but you could be at home for months without them calling. There was no job for you, you were just part of their bookeeping page. They advertise for highly skilled technical jobs that will never be filled.

I asked my "boss" at the agency why they did it. He said they were "testing the employment market".
I thought this was just normal procedure for a temp agency. But I havent been working for to many years, so to hear it mentioned here pisses me off even more. Thats about the time I figured out that the best way to find a job is places like craiglist or kijiji.

Now Im thinking that it might not be the town Im living in. Maybe its hard to find a job everywhere.

And the worst thing is, now that I have a job, I work through almost anything to not end up losing my job and starting the whole process over.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

This is old news... and an old trick especially for business units of large corporations. Businesses DO have vacancies - at least on the books, but they have no intention of filling them. They do intend to keep the money earmarked for the position, and move it elsewhere at the end of the year... or use it as as place to "cut" the budget.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This reminds me off how the stock market is manipulated on assumption rather than reality.Or for this case, even the price of gas is manipulated by events far away that might have an effect to the price of oil. Just like today the dow rose by over 300 points on the rumor that the president might have a conversation with the g o p over the debt ceiling, and yet, nothing has actually changed yet. Can't wait to see them cry tomorrow when there little crystal ball proves them wrong!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
1. How did the Bureau of Labor Statistics compile jobs numbers before the internet (if indeed, it is now done by looking at jobs postings online, in the modern gr) &
2. If a Republican wins the next presidential election, the companies which are supposedly receiving some type of reward for 'propping up' jobs #s under Obama, will these same co.s then do the same for the Republican administration? What about co.s who don't support Obama's policies... Are any of them amongst the 'fake jobs postings'?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Oh know I thougt i would see "Barry" and such demonstrated in this thread. A major problem is a lot if these "technical schools" say they offer degrees and real hand on experience.... When the truth is they teach you nothing so it leaves you with a worthless piece of paper and &60k worth of debt that never goes away.

So as an illusion they post job postings that are related to your field and in that case you do not get hired or get picked over someone older that has more experience.

Now I've seen negatives in being young and old. Advantage for being young is that you can be easily molded and learn the company fairly quickly and can physically last working a long time.

Positives of being older is you probably have a lot more work experience regardless if it is related to your job. More reliable. Probably more goal oriented and would stay consistent with their answers
just my personal experience

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
In Norway Companies must go Publicly if there is going to be a position open in their firm. But this does not mean somone has already taken this position. Usually some one within the firme have already take it. We Call it chuffeling within the ranks.

But the Law says that all open positions must be announced publicly so that every one have Equal chance to apply for the job. But in reality they dont.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I don't know what everyone's so worried about.

Just go to college and get a degree, you'll be fine

:: heavy sarcasm alert ::

Oh, and since most people probably won't understand my sense of humor at all about this,
think about it.
Everyone's busy rushing off to school these days because they want to find a good job, right?

So what happens when "everyone" has a degree, or better yet, several different degrees?

I guess they just have to keep going and get their PhD's, right? That makes sense.

But let's keep going a few more years with this same system - after all, with our current planned economic budget it will take us over 40 years to pay off our entire debt; a lot of people seem to miss this part.

So, what happens when "everyone" has their PhD's, or better yet, several PhD's? I guess they'll just invent some sort of new "mastery" to keep the system going, you know like "(PhD) to the 10th power".

I mean we have to keep the system of education going right? At least all those people will still have their jobs

edit on 11-10-2013 by Time2Think because: explained my train of thought.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

This does hold true if you go to the right school and get the right degree.
A person getting an MBA at Harvard will get a job. Probably before they graduate.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by PlatinumShatinum

Please reread my above post, I edited it because I already knew people would say the sort of thing you did

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
There are many tax credits for businesses that hire. Problem is they get them only if they hire certain people. If you are a veteran or unemployed for a long time. Maybe they are cherry picking these people so they maximize the tax credit. Maybe they don't need to hire but just submit the right info on the possible hires. They always find a way around everything.
www.doleta.gov...

www.irs.gov... Employers-Who-Hire-and-Retain-Unemployed-Workers

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Why bother hiring an american when you can hire an indian, chineese, bangladeshi for 1/2 the price?

Lets all thank the world trade organisation for all this outsourcing and thank the black budget for automating everything to kingdom come.

Of course they rig statistics to try and show we dont have welfare statism and outsourcing isnt a big problem.

Its been an employers market now for about 10 years, especially the last 5. For every position available there are about 50 to 100 applicants and employers can take their time hiring the absolute best candidate, often illegal immigrants, at the lowest possible price. "I want it all and I want it free!"

Right to work doesn't help either. Unions are not as powerful as they once were.

I wonder what the real unemployment figures would be if not for this fake advertising AND all the part-time workers not elligible for unemployment. I am pretty sure part-timers are counted as employed eventhough a great percentage of them have been forced to work 2-3 part time jobs to avoid ACA and all the other state and federal contributions for full-timers. Not to mention these folks never get overtime compensation. Overtime is usually time and a half and on sundays double time.

Raising the minimum wage is smoke and mirrors, that addresses very little if anything.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

PlatinumShatinum
reply to post by Time2Think

This does hold true if you go to the right school and get the right degree.
A person getting an MBA at Harvard will get a job. Probably before they graduate.

Strawman arguement. Not everyone can go to an ivy league school, and further there are plenty of college graduates that try to get blue collar jobs for low pay but turned down because they are severly over-qualified.

McDonalds managers will laugh at an MBA trying to get a job there or will simply turn you down politely. They know you are a spoiled little brat in their opinion. They want workhorse personalities, not couch potato decision makers.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
*tin-foil*hat*on*

It keeps the illusion alive. Makes people have hope in the short-term.

Instead of protesting, setting their selves on fire, blowing things up... they have this insane notion that they just need to try harder, and apply to more places.

I think it's far fetched, but what if this "talent pool" policy became a norm in corporate america by TPTB in order to buy time and warp the perception the people may have on the state of the economy?!

I'll leave saying what I usually do... Texan here. We've still got a functional economy here. If you're SOL, consolidate your resources, and find a way to Dallas, or Houston. We're growing, and there ARE plenty of jobs if you can swallow your pride.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Many countries do this, they use one position(which is real) to recruit talents and added to the pool.

But why didn't you get hired?

1) Random online application is crap, its better when the HR person gets it directly.
2) They did hire someone, someone internally.
3) Many "requirement" is basic standard, they are always look for better, overqualified cheap labor.
4) They might increase the opening slot, just to increase the applicants, but in fact its only 1 opening.
5) Same job is posted under multiple accounts, to cover wide area but at same time keep it private.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Voidhawk, I can't disagree with you. Most retail is now part time and low paid labor. I was wondering why most places I shop at have clerks who are so miserable and unhappy it's palpable.

Something has to give. There will be a breaking point, a critical mass that will be reached....and it WILL get there, because what drives this is greed. Naturally they want people to think that the fault lies with them, hence all the articles I read in the MSM which somehow intimate that it is your fault that you're jobless or can only get a minimum wage retail job.....you didn't wear the right outfit. Your resume stinks. You're under qualified and you're wasting the employer's time. You're overqualified and you're wasting the employer's time. You said the wrong thing. You wore too much makeup. You didn't wear enough makeup. The onslaught of these types of stories on internet sites like Yahoo are starting to become suspicious.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by athenatree

It is exhausting and infuriating to spend so much time with all the online stuff they require, only to find that it was a waste of time. Those "personality" tests are the WORST. Some of them, I believe, try to make sure that you understand English (such as "There are 24 hours in a day: True or False"), but others are trying to suss out how "loyal" you would be to the company.

Tiresome crap....and how are we to know if we're wasting our time, or if there is actually a REAL job available? Been there, done that, wasted many hours. It wears you down, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

I agree with you. Employers have become ridiculous....they feel they own their employees, body and soul. Some places will not hire you if you're a smoker now. They urine test for legal substances. They want to crawl inside your head and get a psychological profile. They check your credit record.

Eventually, they'll crawl up in your colon and check what you've been eating.

They also want you to perform an amazing amount of work, with no mistakes, and pay you crap wages for it. You're supposed to kiss their butts and say, "Thank you sir, please overburden me some more, take away my privacy and dignity, treat me like a child, and I will be grateful for the opportunity".

We've lost nearly all the gains we've made in the past 100 years.

It becomes a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" scenario. You're damned if you can't find work, and miserable if you do, in many cases. Again, we're talking generalities here. Not everybody hates their job. Not everybody has trouble finding one. But the overall trend is depressing.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I've definitely seen that. When did it become a liability to be a citizen applying for work in your own country??? When did we turn into Bizarro Land?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
S&F

This is ridiculous but not surprising. There's a chance your dead on with your conspiracy theory.

Good to see you post again! Been a while since I've seen you around.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

That's a lotta hate an intolerance you have there sir.
If you wish to be angry at someone, try placing that blame on the shoulders of those responsible instead of those "scab immigrants".
It's the American government whose policies that encourage the lawlessness you dispise and you should confront the source and not the victems of it.
All these "dirty scabs" (as you offensively put it) want is a chance at a BETTER LIFE. They have no opportunities and no alternatives and all they want is to live with a measure of dignity and raise their children in a safe environment...AS WOULD ANY HUMAN BEING.
Are you so full of hate that you would deny victems a chance to live free of the tyranny they are trying so desperately escape?
This attitude does little to distinguish you from racists and reactionaries displaying a level of intolerance most of us here find completely distasteful.
You should count to ten, calm down and rethink your position before you wind up hanging yourself with your own rope.
But what do I know.

-Amitaba-

edit on 11-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join