It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never thought I'd do it, but I dont see a choice here...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

exiteternity
nationalism is one of the worst things in the world!

you wouldn't happen to be german, would you?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

no sir, i am happy to say i am not, even though i have nothing against germans i am glad to not be from there.
actually i have nothing against any nationality, race, creed or sexual preference. that doesnt mean i dont question said things, if i have questions about it.
and i apologize for some things i said here, it wasnt perfect, but it was only because my mood shifted when mamaJ called me stupid in three different paragrafs, it kinda shifted me a bit so maybe i sunk a bit to her level.
im sorry for that to all and any, whom it might concern.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Also, I don't own a flag, never believed enough in America to bother with one. I made things work for me, not this country....I would do whatever I had to do, no matter what country I was born in.....

likewise - I wouldn't hang the flag upside down either, it wouldn't feel right, considering I never waved that flag proudly in the first place.

It just supports what I'm thinking even more....the people who DO fly our flag....who did serve the country and take the time to hang it upside down....they've earned it (i haven't). More applause to them, they are for the most part the people who care a helluva lot more than the rest of us do. I am grateful we have people in our country who care enough.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by exiteternity

You're right, you don't have to prove anything. But I also don't have to trust you, as I don't. I think you're full of it. Is there any other non-American here on ATS willing to claim that their country's flag has no meaning? If so please speak up, as I find that hard to believe.

I think you won't say where you're from because you know you're wrong. Your national flag may mean nothing to you, but I'm willing to bet it means a lot to many people.

edit on Wed19Wed, 09 Oct 2013 22:19:21 -05003113Wed by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

exiteternity

im sorry but where have i stated that you dont have a right to discuss something in your country?
i said dont assume EVEYRONE is from USA, and people from other places on the world might ask questions, just like i did, and it would be nice if you refrain from accusing them , Like MamaJ did, of being stupider than whatever she said.
Just because im from another place in the world and cant understand your symbolism.

that is not the same as me being stupid.

secondly dont accuse me for having poor english.. obviously i know it already... i might have other problems aswell that shouldnt translate into what im saying.. or validity of what im saying...

i don't assume everyone here is american.

i have no issue with people from other places asking questions, so they might understand something

i never accused you of being stupid...you are ignorant...completely different, it just means there are things you don't know, which is solved by asking questions...there is no shame in being ignorant...being WILLFULLY ignorant...well, that's another story altogether..

You do have poor english, and i complimented you on your command of the language, given the fact that it's not your native tongue...i never said anything negative about you because of that.

the only point you have is that you don't understand the symbolism behind what is being done here...that's fine, it's been explained to you, if you still don't understand, that's still fine, it's a part of being part of this culture....if it still confounds you, you don't hafta participate in this thread any further....nevermind what other people say, if this thread isn't for you, because the subject matter doesn't resonate with you, then you can move on...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

exiteternity
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

why is it brave to put a flag upside down? what difference does it make for anyone else?

Because people tend to misinterprate it as being disrespectul towards the nation, when in reality it is a sign of national distress.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

you are welcome to believe whatever you want, but it would be wrong not to trust me as i dont lie. but i do not intend to go out my way to look like a fool just to prove that fact to you

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by exiteternity

i only asked because, in germany, they don't do the whole nationalism thing...no flag waving, none of it....it's a byproduct of how rabbid nationalism led to the rise of the nazi party...so now they do things differently over there..

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

exiteternity

now youre braking it down into semantics..
at first i did just question it.. i think i was polite..
and no i dont generalize either, i meant you americans in this thread right now talking to me.
not all americans.
i dont have a good time with the language.

lol, i can tell....it is a difficult language to master...even native speakers have a hard time with it...

as to the rest: point taken.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I must say I respect that you are doing this however I must ask will a simple flip of a flag change the way our government works, or are you trying to open the peoples eyes and hopefully cause a awaking and a good ole revolution?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

it was solved many pages ago, i already understood it many pages ago.
but the explanation given to me at the very first page of me asking, was not sufficient and that is why i said i didnt get it, and that is when people called me stupid...
the rest of my posts was not asking why.
it was explaining WHY i asked why.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

exiteternity
reply to post by DirtyD

wait what? so a countrys flag is synonymous with the country for you guys?
in my country a flag is just a flag it has no symbolic meaning other than the name of country

you see, you cant go around assuming the rest of the world thinks like you do

and to answer your qeustion of course i care about my country! but i dont care about my countrys flag. haha. it is just some colors and a shape. on a piece of cloth.
edit on 9-10-2013 by exiteternity because: (no reason given)

Tell that garbage to the soldiers who died fighting for your freedom. I could not care what country you are from, its still very disrespectful.

link   
Edited some dumb crap out.

Homer I appreciate the symbolism in what you are doing. I have not personally served in the military, but have many family members who have, and I want to thank you for your service. As a native Texan, I would like to say that I have never understood how people couldn't look at where the country has gone in my lifetime, and not be concerned.

I sincerely hope we can pull out of this nosedive, for the country, and for the world's sake.
edit on 9-10-2013 by jssaylor2007 because: (no reason given)

link   

exiteternity

it was solved many pages ago, i already understood it many pages ago.
but the explanation given to me at the very first page of me asking, was not sufficient and that is why i said i didnt get it, and that is when people called me stupid...
the rest of my posts was not asking why.
it was explaining WHY i asked why.

lol. ok, i get it...

you didn't get it, now you do, what i don't get is now, why you say you believe we are hivemind, or whatever, because of our customs?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

gladtobehere
reply to post by HomerinNC

HomerinNC
Bottom line is we ARE in danger....
In danger from OUR OWN GOVT

Aaaaaaaand, welcome to the terror watch list, brought to you by Bush and expanded by Obama.

Ahhh, yes. You beat me to it.
Obey.
Submit.
Pay your taxes.
Oh yeah...trust your government...they work to keep us safe.
er......

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

there was no soldiers who died for my freedom as we have not been in any war since mideaval times

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jssaylor2007

i have a good vocabulary on many words used online often and ive seen that word used alot.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

that was regarding everyone just giving out stars to all the posts except deliberately mine and others. that seemed to change as my point i was trying to make became clearer.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Yep. Every flag in this nation should be flying upside down. And every member of Congress should be summarily dismissed from service. End of discussion.

ETA: They should have been flying upside since 9-11...when we really showed our true colors.
edit on 10/9/2013 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

exiteternity

there was no soldiers who died for my freedom as we have not been in any war since mideaval times

Even so, brave men and women defend your nation. Without them your country could face invasion from anyone. These people deserve all the respect they can get. I am not saying you have to be an ultra-nationalist or anything, just some understanding is all.

The new world order wants to destroy everything. I hope you are not siding with them, but your posts seem suspect to say the least. Basic customs, traditions, languages, etc mean a lot to most people, me included.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join