It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never thought I'd do it, but I dont see a choice here...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+164 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Govt shutdown, workers and reservists furloughed, benefits being held and possibly with held, no compromise from either party, I did the only thing I had in my power to do, and hope others see and act

NEVER thought I'd ever see the day I'd do this, but what choice do we have?
My flag will stay this way til the danger has passed
edit on 10/9/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Bravo to you sir. I think I'll follow suit!

Post something else so I can give you another star.

+55 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Reminds me of a post I saw on reddit the other day,

+46 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Bottom line is we ARE in danger....
In danger from OUR OWN GOVT

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Or if we think positive and turn things around we can get the government to fear us.

Never show the government that we feel weak or helpless turn that flag right side up and be proud to be an American.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I'm proud of you.
I do hope, however, that your gesture won't be interpreted as an expression of happiness at the country's current condition.

edit: Oh, it's upside down. Never mind that second part.

edit on 9-10-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
link   
Not a bad idea!!

I might do this myself. Here is a little info on Upside Down US Flag Flying.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

I believe the current situation calls for this "small" ceremonious act!

+9 more 
link   

HomerinNC
Govt shutdown, workers and reservists furloughed, benefits being held and possibly with held, no compromise from either party, I did the only thing I had in my power to do, and hope others see and act

choice????????........Boehner calls for a vote, the votes are counted yes or no, on opening the government back up....jesus, even morons can do this....and everybody will know how each of the congressmen votes. THIS IS ALL ON THE REPUBLICANS, and no amount of spin holds water.

+32 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

thesaneone

Or if we think positive and turn things around we can get the government to fear us.

Never show the government that we feel weak or helpless turn that flag right side up and be proud to be an American.

BS, the flag should be displayed in this manner anywhere a proud american lives.

The only way it would be otherwise was if that "Pride" blinded them to the current realities in america, the government should fear a mass display of such nation wide.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

HomerinNC

Aaaaaaaand, welcome to the terror watch list, brought to you by Bush and expanded by Obama.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I usually do not rely to heavy on any of this although I know it is a possibiIity but it appears we are in real danger. Just got this a few minutes ago, may be worth reading! Something terrible is taking place that could possibly bring about Martial law!
Maybe it is time we all start to think about survival items.

www.eutimes.net...
Pentagon Warns To Expect “Radical” Change In US Government Soon | EUTimes.net

www.facebook.com...
California governor signs law defying cooperation with NDAA indefinite detention

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You ARE the good man that is doing something to ensure evil does not triumph.

Hold Fast...they cannot kill an idea.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

gladtobehere

HomerinNC

Aaaaaaaand, welcome to the terror watch list, brought to you by Bush and expanded by Obama.

Dude, I'm a veteran, play paintball and airsoft, registered Republican, I've BEEN on the terrorist list LOL
I'm just gonna wait to see if local law enforcement comes around and attempts to confiscate my flag
Wouldnt doubt it here with the good old Barney Fifes we have

If I'm not on tonight or tomorrow, look up the stanly news and press, see if I'm arrested, I live in Albemarle LOL

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RunForTheHills

That EUtimes link is bunk. Takes me to some weird search thing and when I put your link address into a search, I get only sources that lead back to that original link.

I don't have a flag but it's an appropriate statement to make.
Unfortunately.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

gladtobehere

HomerinNC

Got news for you, we are all on ATS, Im pretty sure posting opinions about the government anywhere on the net, especially here will get you watched.

Never say anything on the net you aren't willing to say in a court of law, that being said.

THE US GOVERNMENT is royally f-ed up and everyone of our reps should be out on their asses jobless .
edit on 9-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

gladtobehere

HomerinNC

Oh, come on- clearly just signing up for ATS membership gets us all on that list.

Kudos to you, sir. S+F.

Respects,

-AA

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Is Homer John Boehner?

I do not believe he is. Seeing his pictures, he looks nothing like that sobbing, blubbering moron. So what are you talking about? You are arguing about Homer asking what choice he has....but you have not expressed how Homer is wrong. Only your own displeasure with the government.

Yes, the GOP sucks elephant ass. But don't for one minute think that the sucking is only coming from their side of the aisle. Its all on all of them.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm with you Homer. Let me get back home at the end of the week and I too shall show my neighborhood that we are indeed under distress as a nation. All on ATS that see's this thread and feels the same way should follow suit. S& F for you sir. I would be hard pressed to say I was not on a list or two. Who gives a crap about being on a list when your Government is in fact the biggest enemy any of us have. Cival disorder is right around the corner....I can allmost hear it. " They must find it difficult... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority." G.Massey.
edit on 9-10-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
THanks everyone for your support, we need to get the word out and SHOW how pissed we are with our lawmakers
I'm not on facebook, but those of you are should do this and do the same thing
Then the next step is in 2016 CLEAN HOUSE

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

jimmyx

HomerinNC

choice????????........Boehner calls for a vote, the votes are counted yes or no, on opening the government back up....jesus, even morons can do this....and everybody will know how each of the congressmen votes. THIS IS ALL ON THE REPUBLICANS, and no amount of spin holds water.

All on ONE party?? SO if we send a love letter to all Repubs/GOP/Neocons... then the US will be roses and unicorns? Nah, the suckage is definitely bipartisan... and people are finally waking up to that fact. Political theatre.. a bad movie we should all walk out on.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join