It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are enough Republican crossover votes to pass a clean CR, Boehner won't allow the vote

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
you probably missed this part in my post cause i added it afterwards

during clinton, active duty soldiers were qualifying for food stamps and WIC because the democrats had basically frozen all their pay raises for years. many were living in run down shacks, while still being compelled to do whatever the government demanded, anywhere in the world. kinda explains the turn over rate.

now with the bulk of those soldiers retired and in the dod, the specter of qualifying for food stamps and WIC is not only a possibility because of increases in health insurance costs and freezing of pay increases, but the potential to lose their jobs entirely is looming as well. this is how the vets are being thanked by a grateful nation. soon as the S starts hitting the Fan, they shove the vets in front to take the splatter.
edit on 4-10-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by xuenchen

Especially flub schlock sloppy outfits like Twitter etc.

So do you think someone hacked all their Twitter accounts? Or do you simply not know how Twitter works?

What about the press releases from these Representatives offices...were those hacked as well? Or is that another evil Liberal lie?

What press releases ?

Hmmm.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Indigo5

That is why if I like ACA or not is irrelevant. This is effectively a coup d'état...seizing power form the people.

One could very well contend that the election of a Republican Majority in the House after the ACA vote was the People's will.... careful with your talk. It is called the House of Representatives for a reason. Those pesky Founding Fathers.

Obama's mistake was to not get a compromise HealthCare overhaul through. Every single Watershed piece of Legislation has has Bipartisan support in the past.... except for the progressive Income Tax. Go Look.
edit on 4-10-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

pavil

One could very well contend that the election of a Republican Majority in the House after the ACA vote was the People's will.... careful with your talk. It is called the House of Representatives for a reason. Those pesky Founding Fathers.

And yet, Obama was elected for a second term by the people, making the ACA a sure thing.

Obama's mistake was to not get a compromise HealthCare overhaul through. Every single Watershed piece of Legislation has has Bipartisan support in the past.... except for the progressive Income Tax. Go Look.
edit on 4-10-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

The ACA WAS a compromise -- the insurance mandate was not originally a Democrat idea. The Democrats wanted a single payer system. Don't you see that it wouldn't matter what Obama did - the GOP had an agenda of making him a "one-term president" -- no matter what he did, they would be against it. There would never be a compromise acceptable to the GOP. Ever.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

And yet, Obama was elected for a second term by the people, making the ACA a sure thing.

Is that why he wanted to wait until AFTER the election????

Don't be so cocky. Regardless whether or not he had the majority vote, (or the electoral) he still has a responsibility to represent ALL of the American citizen whom pay taxes, so he can enjoy his Hollywood lifestyle.....

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I remember the 90s very well from the early retirement scam that were run to take away the long term retirement of military soldiers, even when my husband qualified for the early retirement he came to the realization that it was nothing but to stop you from long term retirement pay, I remember the way that many military families were in dare need of assistance, I worked for family services in Quantico VA during the first gulf war, the things we did to help families with the struggles.

I agree that things are not different this time around but is one thing I remember very clear, during Reagan the military thrives, during Bush Sr it did too, but under Clinton military were screwed, during Bush Jr. something happen and he really damage the military under Rusmfeld with privatization, now under Obama is not getting any better, I got the feeling that this present president doesn't give a rat arse about the service men and women and neither the people that depend on the government for survival.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So.. correct me if I'm wrong, but Obamacare would be forcing people to buy healthcare or be fined for not doing so.. annd.. there are people on here who are defending this? There is a difference between offering this program to people as another health care option and forcing people to purchase this product from the government or face continuous fines until you do. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would sit here and defend this knowing that it will take just a few more freedoms away from the american people. So, the bill became a law and SCOTUS backs it up and yet this is seemingly the only reason some of you are supporting this? Christ, don't you have minds of your own to see this is WRONG? Health care needs fixing, but not like this.. doesn't the government already have a firm enough grip around our necks already? I, for one, do not wish to give up my right to choose AND not be fined for doing so.
edit on 4-10-2013 by Kratos1220 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

greencmp
reply to post by AlienScience

I find it hilarious to watch the federal workers unions protesting that they can't "stand outside".

Being the highest paid and least productive workforce in the United States, their arrogance and impudence is palpable.

edit on 4-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

Your a idiot.

Maybe its cause im slightly drunk or because what you said really is stupid....

But really? Not all public servnets are useless.

Infact the most highest paid and useless seem to be the politicans! Of both partys!

Im guessing you wont see my point until the USA is back in recession.

But hey wave that piece of paper you call a constitution round all you wont. It not going to stop the finicial collspse of the USA.

Not unless you get your guns and march on DC.
edit on 4-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

You tell me?

People whom are defending this were totally against the Banker bail out, but yet because of the political party of our current POTUS they are all for this??????

The ACA does nothing more than penalize those whom pay taxes forcing them to pay more, and forces the doctors and medical companies to bend over while the insurance companies get filthy rich!

Who will suffer? Those whom need medical care! Why? Because doctors are retiring because the government will tell them how much they can make! That would be fine if the government was paying for the doctors education, but that isn't the case! Just another bail out for insurance companies (who wrote the damn bill)!!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

You are asking the same questions I ask, but it seems that for those that support the administration rights to oppression everything they do have not wrong doing in their eyes.

Is good for you to be mandated into a health insurance and taxed for it, because Obama said so, but remember only if you are in the system, pay taxes and work.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I don't get it either. Sometimes, it is depressing not being controlled by a political party. Maybe I wouldn't notice the effect it has on the way people think as much as I do standing on the outside looking in. This is what politics does to people; it takes away their ability to think rationally or outside the party lines and this is why the two party system continues to destroy this country from the inside out so long as people keep buying into it. It's either one or the other, no middle ground and no compromise. It's like they are slaves to these labels and it is very depressing. I don't get pissed off anymore over this stuff, but it is incredibly disheartening to see people so feverishly defend a bill that will take away our freedom of choice when it comes to health care. It's sad about the doctors too and I simply can't see Obamacare doing anything but failing, but we have a POTUS who seems to be very prone to the whole "throw myself on the floor and refuse to get up until I get my way" temper tantrums, so who knows what form that would take if Obamacare faulters.

It all makes it that much harder to maintain hope in this country.. "asleep at the wheel" doesn't even begin to describe some people's apparent mindsets.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Your a idiot.

It is "Your AN idiot."

Secondly, calling someone an idiot is kinda like why my government is having the problems it is having now.

Name calling is not really conducive to having a productive debate to solve a problem between two parties whom have nothing in common in the first place!

Cheers and have a few more drinks! My experience with posting under the influence will end up with you having a few word spankings from the forum moderater in your inbox.....
edit on 4-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I think my spelling pretty good with 15 odd units in my system

And no you have a point name calling is what has got everyone in this mess.

Your right.

Its just get annoyed when people make blanket statement like all goverment workers are useless or it all one partys thought ect It like me saying all American are stupid, they are not of course.

Thing is the politicians are screwing evryone over in all countrys and its the everyday man that suffers not them. Why they take our jobs and money they live in luxorys and make life misrable even more.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'm with you my friend. It is tiresome arguing over which criminal is more righteous.

I do apologize for being a spelling Nazi, but when you said you were drinking, I just put myself in your shoes and remembered all of the spankings I received in my inbox from MODS, whom I made do their jobs while I was posting under the influence PUI......

Sucks to get those, but wrong is wrong....................

Peace my friend.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The real solution is smaller government then we all can drink a few more pints.

Small government and more beer, that's what we should run on.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well let me add to the crowd, I am having a glass of wine while I am posting but for some reason I am now posting links more than when I started the wine. he, he, he,

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

seeker1963

Your a idiot.

It is "Your AN idiot."

hehe not to be persnickety, cause i agree with you most of the time, but that's "YOU'RE AN IDIOT"
your is possessive, as in your car, your house. but if someone IS something, then you need the ARE
statement. so its contracted form "you're"

edit on 4-10-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

thesaneone

The real solution is smaller government then we all can drink a few more pints.

Small government and more beer, that's what we should run on.

Cant really argue to be honnest.

I mean there are some needed jobs but too many and you get busy bodys and all sorts of trouble.
In Britain it can be seem in the NHS. It worked well until they increases the numbers of non medical staff adimins and "managers" and now billions are wasted on F all.

Thing is you cant just cut those who have jobs out, at least not those at the bottom or the middle of the pyramid or you get a huge hike in unemployement and not enough private jobs to feel the void.

Its something that need phaseing out slowly and you can start with the top

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Indigo5

A democracy is where the will of the majority rules, while the rights of the minority are protected...recognizing that the rights of the minority must always be protected because everyone might some day be the minority themselves etc.

Actually what you describe is a Republic.

www.lexrex.com...

These two forms of government: Democracy and Republic, are not only dissimilar but antithetical, reflecting the sharp contrast between (a) The Majority Unlimited, in a Democracy, lacking any legal safeguard of the rights of The Individual and The Minority, and (b) The Majority Limited, in a Republic under a written Constitution safeguarding the rights of The Individual and The Minority; as we shall now see.

edit on 4-10-2013 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

hehe not to be persnickety, cause i agree with you most of the time, but that's "YOU'RE AN IDIOT"
your is possessive, as in your car, your house. but if someone IS something, then you need the ARE
statement. so its contracted form "you're"

Thank you!!!! My college English writing teacher would want to slap me for becoming so sloppy! roflma

I really do thank you! I love to learn, even things I learned years ago and forgot about!!!!

You made me laugh and smile with that touché !

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join