It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are enough Republican crossover votes to pass a clean CR, Boehner won't allow the vote

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Indigo5

seeker1963
reply to post by AlienScience

Besides, Fox News has been reporting the same thing all day. They have also been reporting that House Democrats and a group of House Republicans are planning on using a parliamentary petition to force the clean CR to the house floor, but it can only be done on the second or fourth Monday of the month, so they can't introduce it until the 14th.

Really??????? NO!!! REALLY?????

I have had FOX on all day, and really, I don't recall them saying that!! Please tell us whom on FOX news reported this so that it can be looked up!

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN comes to mind!

You are dead wrong...he is right...check actual news sources...It's called a "Discharge Petition"

I'll let reality sort you out, since no one needs to hunt down links to refute flat earth claims.

The flattest thing on Earth is the soon to be continued *skyrocketing debt* !!!!!!!

But I do think they need to *flatten out* all that wasteful binge spending.

Watch for Democrats to cave in and agree to massive necessary spending cuts.

It might be necessary to save the country and all the children

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Indigo5

beezzer

Thorneblood
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, that is at least one standard definition of a Dictator.

And yes, rape, really. It is one of many forms of population control in dictatorships.

Well, no-one has raped my wife. Some could say that Obama has raped the trust of government and bent the American people over..

Ahhh...I finally get to meet the creative genius behind the Creepy Uncle Sam Anal Probe Ads the GOP are running!!

You're welcome. (smiley emoticon)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Here you go, a fox news video showing one of the top republican supporters saying they are against the current strategy of the shutdown.

video.foxnews.com...

Unfortunately, fox news doesn't upload every single segment of their shows. I have been watching fox news all day too...just to hear what they are saying. They have talked multiple times about Boehner being called out for not allowing a vote and about the House republicans that have said they would vote for a clean CR.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Indigo5

xuenchen
@AlienScience

@Indigo5

No proof anywhere...

I don't trust the MSM.

Fail.

You missed page one of the OP?? Where GOP Reps. Themselves released statements?

Ya Know...I used to be frustrated by your prideful trolling and dishonesty...but the truth is...it is you and your ilk that are destroying the GOP...right now, right before your eyes and you still don't see it.

Good luck and Gods speed wherever your lies and vitriol lead you and yours.

Sorry.

Fail.

I don't trust slanted and sensationalized MSM sources.

Especially flub schlock sloppy outfits like Twitter etc.

You need a good cup of TEA !!!

Try it, you'll like it !!!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The ruling party and their agenda, Faces of the Shutdown: Fear, Frustration and Anger

abcnews.go.com...

You work for the government the government have you held by the balls.

Why because that is what they want, to have the people so scare, frustrated and anger than they will blame their own mothers just to keep the agenda going.

The power of an over bloated and out of control big government.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

xuenchen
@AlienScience

@Indigo5

No proof anywhere...

I don't trust the MSM.

Fail.

LOL

So you accuse us of not providing proof because you don't trust facts.

Well, I guess that is one way to stay inside your bubble.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Obama doesn't have when to vote when he tells all he will veto any efforts, there is no point of it going to a vote.

LOL.

Then why do House Republicans continue to vote?

They will vote on anything except the one thing they know will end the shutdown and that Obama will sign.

But you continue to say it is Obama, who has no control right at this moment, to do anything about the shutdown.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Unlike me??? Really? I gave you an example, all you did was give your opinion until I called you out to show some actual proof!!! I am glad I got you on the path that opinions mean absolutely nothing, and forced you to actually show some proof of what your saying! You should thank me for teaching you how to back up your opinion!

It wasn't my opinion, I was re-stating known fact...the CBO stated the ACA is beneficial to the budget...that is plain fact.

My only mistake was assuming I was conversing with informed individuals. I guess I am just used to dealing with informed people and you don't have to confirm and re-confirm well known facts every time you bring them up.

Hey, the sky is blue...let me go take a picture really quick to confirm that for you /sarcasm

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Watch for Democrats to cave in and agree to massive necessary spending cuts.

Democrats have already compromised for spending cuts in this CR...imagine that...they compromised on something despite what Boehner and Fox News have been telling you.

What they won't compromise on is Republicans trying to delay the ACA while taking the economy hostage.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Especially flub schlock sloppy outfits like Twitter etc.

So do you think someone hacked all their Twitter accounts? Or do you simply not know how Twitter works?

What about the press releases from these Representatives offices...were those hacked as well? Or is that another evil Liberal lie?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well as I am watching the US Senate Government Shutdown on C-SPAN2, I see that the whole problem here is as usual Democrats no wanting to compromise or negotiate Obama wants 100% of what he wants and screw the rest.

That includes like another poster said, he would no even consider any emergency bills that are geared to help with any of the funding for sectors that are in need, and have nothing that has to do with Obamacare.

In other words, Democrats are indeed holding the nation hostage unless they get everything they want no negotiating

I never imagined that the Democrats were so incredibly against the America people, the President do not even want to let Veterans get funded.

What a joke.

link   
my hubby is a civilian in the dod. he was deemed non-essential during this fiasco. the problem is,
it's his job to make sure the paperwork is done properly, so there's a paper trail for various decisions.
i would not view that as non-essential. when they say non-essential, they don't mean useless or even
mostly useless. they mean they are willing to live without it till the current stand-off is resolved.

just to clarify for those who don't understand what "non-essential" means.
edit on 4-10-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by AlienScience

It wasn't my opinion, I was re-stating known fact...the CBO stated the ACA is beneficial to the budget...that is plain fact.

My only mistake was assuming I was conversing with informed individuals. I guess I am just used to dealing with informed people and you don't have to confirm and re-confirm well known facts every time you bring them up.

Hey, the sky is blue...let me go take a picture really quick to confirm that for you /sarcasm

First things first. Thank you for showing me the FOX video of the Republican making his statement. I really appreciate you doing that research. You don't know how much it means to me that you actually were telling the truth and not making something up to convince me I was wrong! I mean that sincerely........

Now as far as your cute little slam that you were conversing with someone whom was "informed" is what I will take offense with and I WILL make a derogatory response to you just because you insulted my ego and tried to make yourself feel like you are much more intelligent than I am..................../sarcasm

Your attitude that I illustrated above, is the same attitude that is based on ego that is preventing our elected officials from being statesmen and representatives to "We the People"! Just because you are a Republican or Democrat, does not mean you are not assuming a responsibility to represent those whom are in your electorate that are of a different party! That is why the United States of America was set up as a "Republic" NOT a "Democracy".

Also, may I add, that when you respond to someone whom disagrees with you as, let's say "Some people are kinda stupid, so they need governed.".............sigh How do you expect compromise???? See it yet? Just as we pick our teams on ATS and argue back and forth to satisfy our egos, "What does it solve?"

As we fight to boost our egos, our elected officials fight to not only boost theirs, but they also have problems with greed and power. Yet us little folks whom feed THEIR EGO'S by supporting them so that they become more powerful and MORE WEALTHY, get NOTHING.....................

Feel free to stick up for your team Alien..........feel free. You mean nothing to them, except your vote to keep them in their position of power.

I am beating a dead horse here......if people are so willing to worship those whom enslave them, after all of the history we have to show how it happens over and over again, and when our fore bearers warned us of this same thing that we have happening, then I guess "WE THE PEOPLE" due to our lack of vigilance have it coming to us. We were warned and WE failed.

Enjoy your enslavement and life of poverty. If your doing well now, don't expect your good fortunes to last very much longer....

edit on 4-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

AlienScience

Obama doesn't have when to vote when he tells all he will veto any efforts, there is no point of it going to a vote.

LOL.

Then why do House Republicans continue to vote?

They will vote on anything except the one thing they know will end the shutdown and that Obama will sign.

But you continue to say it is Obama, who has no control right at this moment, to do anything about the shutdown.

They continue to vote because it's their job.

They do it, Obama doesn't, he will probably go golfing this weekend.

You forget how our government works, you and Obama want it to be a dictatorship, but it's not.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

My husband works in our local military base as a contractors as you know contractors are not under the shutdown, he still can work but his co workers that were civil workers were non essential and went home, interestingly like I posted on another thread the local base is a depot, and equipment is deployed to Afghanistan so those that works in the maintenance from the low pay to the highest were deemed "essential" and still working, even my husband sees the irony and the nick picking.

But like I read somewhere the present administration seems to enjoy making the life of the workers and tax payer as miserable as possible just to create enough heat so they can get away with the agenda they are pursuing.

edit on 4-10-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by undo

My husband works in our local military base as a contractors as you know contractors are not under the shutdown, he still can work but his co workers that were civil workers were non essential and went home, interestingly like I posted on another thread the local base is a depot, and equipment is deployed to Afghanistan so those that works in the maintenance from the low pay to the highest were deemed "essential" and still working, even my husband sees the irony and the nick picking.

But like I read somewhere the present administration seems to enjoy making the life of the workers and tax payer as miserable as possible just to create enough hit so they can get away with the agenda they are pursuing.

my hubby's only a GS 5. don't get much lower than that. he couldn't rise up the ladder of government service in pay grade because all such increases were frozen. so he's been doing the job of a GS 9 for years but on GS 5 pay. to give you some idea, part of his job requires him to know federal laws. now the problem is, if the civilian employees are no longer receiving pay increases, when will it finally become to low to sustain them? during clinton, active duty soldiers were qualifying for food stamps and WIC because the democrats had basically frozen all their pay raises for years. many were living in run down shacks, while still being compelled to do whatever the government demanded. kinda explains the turn over rate.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I see, yes I know a lot about ranks within civilians and military equivalent, my husband was a former marine before retirement and now works as a contractor, he had the opportunity many times to go civil service but he always avoided.

It seems that when it comes to government workers and who is deemed essential or not, its at the discretion of the jobs priorities, here in our local base is priority to keep the equipment that goes oversea without any interruption.

Now the biggest building from where he works is a 3 floor building mainly of civil worker, another thing he noticed is that the parking lot of the building is still full as if nobody has been send home.

So that is another of those things that makes you wonder how priorities works.

Now in my personal opinion this whole fiasco and scam of government shut down is going to be over by next week, or the government will be in real trouble, now is just a pony show, but until next week, if this goes on until the 17 of October then even my husband will start getting worry as no only his retirement check will not be in time but the whole entire government will be shutdown for good

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

AlienScience

The provided bills to keep their favorite sections of government funded. They are doing this for political reasons...they want to open up the Park Services...but haven't really said much about opening up the NWS or FEMA with a hurricane barring down on us. They will wait for the hurricane to hit, then introduce a bill to fund those specific items as well to try to look like a hero. But they can end it now if they would drop their tantrum about the ACA.

Funny you mention that:

House voted to fund emergency & disaster relief; White House response? “Doesn’t really matter to us

www.speaker.gov...
edit on 4/10/13 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Yes I was watching the bills that has been brought out as emergency that has nothing to do with the debate in question but just to keep certain keys areas within the population and local government working but I am now starting to realized that the Democrats do not give two rat arses of anything but getting what they want, screw the people, services and needs.

Now we know how things are done in Washington.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

you probably missed this part in my post cause i added it afterwards

during clinton, active duty soldiers were qualifying for food stamps and WIC because the democrats had basically frozen all their pay raises for years. many were living in run down shacks, while still being compelled to do whatever the government demanded, anywhere in the world. kinda explains the turn over rate.

now with the bulk of those soldiers retired and in the dod, the specter of qualifying for food stamps and WIC is not only a possibility because of increases in health insurance costs, but the potential to lose their jobs entirely is looming as well. this is how the vets are being thanked by a grateful nation. soon as the S starts hitting the Fan, they shove the vets in front to take the splatter.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join